Steinberg announces Cubase Essential 4
New entry-level VST3-powered personal music production system launched at NAMM 2008
Hamburg/Anaheim, January 17 2008 - Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH is pleased to announce a new Personal Music Production System: Cubase Essential 4. Tailored to musicians, home studios and anyone on a tight budget, Cubase Essential 4 is a streamlined version of Steinberg’s award-winning Cubase 4. Including a powerful yet compact set of audio recording and mixing tools, comprehensive MIDI features and a full set of next-generation VST3 plug-ins including a fantastic-sounding guitar amp plug-in, Cubase Essential 4 is shipping now to resellers worldwide. Compatible with both the latest Mac and Windows operating systems, Cubase Essential 4 costs €149.00* and replaces Cubase SE3 as Steinberg’s entry-level version of Cubase.
This new Cubase version sets new standards in advanced functionality available at this low price point,” comments Clyde Sendke, Steinberg’s new Head of Product Planning. “It’s the ideal Cubase for anyone who requires a great music production system packed with the latest technology that’s still intuitive to use and easy to navigate. And with the option to upgrade to more extensive versions within the famous Cubase line, Cubase Essential 4 is an excellent introduction to the world’s most popular music production software range,” Sendke continues. Cubase Essential 4 features include:
- Comprehensive composing, recording and mixing tools including 64 audio tracks, unlimited MIDI tracks, 44 included VST3 and MIDI plug-ins, 16 VST instrument slots, full latency compensation and much more
- Integrated HALionOne sampling instrument with over 100 playable instruments including waves from the Yamaha Motif synthesizer
- Built-in Amp Simulator for instant guitar recording with 14 amps and 10 speaker simulations with a new, easy-to-use interface
- AudioWarp real-time time stretching and pitch shifting with formant correction for natural-sounding transposition and full tempo matching
- Arranger Track with pattern-based arranging tools stores up to 16 different arrangements for on-the-fly reordering of song sections, experimenting with arrangements or live performances
- MediaBay sound management technology for intuitive management of all audio, MIDI and video files, track and instrument presets with in-context auditioning
- Instrument Tracks offer fast and efficient handling of VST instruments and add VST instruments to a project in a one-step operation
- Track Presets are best combined with the MediaBay for instant saving and recall of audio, MIDI and instrument track parameters, including drag and drop into the project or onto an existing track
- Drag & Drop for Insert FX for fast swapping of inserts and copying/moving plug-ins between tracks in the Cubase Essential 4 mixer
- Cross-platform: Windows XP and Vista, Mac OS 10.4 and 10.5, Universal Binary
- Many more new features for customers upgrading from Cubase SE3 including Track Freeze, VST Plug-in Bridge, a redesigned Sample Editor, Advanced QuickTime 7 Support and much more.
For more information about Cubase Essential 4, please click here.