VST Connect Pro remote recording software out now
Steinberg presents fully featured remote recording solution for connecting Cubase production environments and musicians for collaborations via internet and intranet
HAMBURG, Germany — November 14, 2013 — Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH today announced the release of VST Connect Pro for remote multitrack recording of audio and MIDI in premium sound quality.
“With VST Connect Pro, we’re convinced to be revolutionizing the way producers and musicians work together. In fact, the technology behind VST Connect delivers completely new approaches to producing music, triggering and recording instruments remotely, and cooperating with musicians and clients at a distance,” remarked Frank Simmerlein, marketing director at Steinberg.
VST Connect Pro offers encrypted transfer of real-time recordings through the internet and local area networks. While delivering immediate stereo recordings, up to 16 audio tracks are recorded in the background in uncompressed, high resolution.
Compatible with Cubase 7, VST Connect Pro establishes a peer-to-peer connection with the free client-side application, VST Connect Performer. During remote recording sessions, users of both software applications can adjust the cue mix and talkback levels, as well as communicate via video link.
With the release of VST Connect Pro, Steinberg also introduces Studio Pass, the free iOS app for VST Connect that lets users dial into the recording session with an iPhone or iPad.
Availability and pricing
VST Connect Pro is available as of today through the Steinberg Online Shop. The suggested retail price is 199 euros, including German VAT.
Studio Pass for VST Connect Pro is soon available as free App Store download on iTunes.
Features at a glance
• Collaborate with other musicians and producers around the world
• Peer-to-peer solution with sample accurate sync
• MIDI support for sending and receiving MIDI data to your recording counterpart
• Encrypted transfer for secure exchange of important audio material
• Multi-channel support for remote recording of up to 16 channels
• Up to 192 kHz audio support with downstream transfer of large-scale uncompressed audio files
• Cue mix section for optimal recording environment
• LAN support for connections in your local network
• VST 3 support for recording VST instruments via peer-to-peer connection
• Free download client-side application with full remote control of session settings by the session administrator