Setup and Use Case Examples
Desktop home recording studio
The CI2+ provides all the necessary inputs and outputs to record music at home or in a personal project studio. Not only is it possible to record two individual signals at once, such as vocals and guitar, but by operating Cubase with the optional footswitch connected to the CI2+, your hands are absolutely free to make music. And with true +48 V phantom power, you can also use good quality large diaphragm condenser mics for studio-quality sound.
Mobile stereo live recording
Making a high quality stereo live recording only requires a laptop, two top-notch mics and the CI2+. And since the CI2+ is fully USB-powered including its two +48 V phantom-powered mic preamps, there’s really no need for an external power supply. The provided footswitch connector allows you to control the recording functions via an optional footswitch, operating the system during the stereo live recording of the band’s next gig, the choir’s performance or the orchestra’s concert.
Mobile band live recording
To make a professional sounding demo you simply have to connect the CI2+ to the mixer desk available in the rehearsal room or live event and record in 24-bit/48-kHz stereo quality. With the included high end effects of Cubase Essential 5, you can then edit the recording later on, the CI2+’s AI Knob providing full control of any mixing and plug-in parameters within Cubase.
Easily record a guitar using Cubase Essential 5 and CI2+
One way of using both the CI2+ USB studio and Cubase Essential 5 is to record a guitar with “Interactive Recording”, which allows you to record the guitar performance in just a few steps.
- Connect the guitar to input 1 of the CI2+ unit, depress the HI-Z button and adjust the input gain
- Now launch Cubase Essential 5 and open the Project Template window using the AI Knob
- Select a template for recording the guitar
- Finally, depress the Action Pad (or the optional footswitch) to start recording, using the hand-free recording feature
Smart editing with the AI Knob and the additional control functionality
Another way to produce music is the editing of music with the unique AI Knob.
- Simply move the mouse over any parameter of a plug-in, mixer or anything else in Cubase; now you can easily adjust the value by turning the AI Knob
- To access the Browse mode, depress the AI Knob and select from a huge number of great sounds and effects by turning and pushing the AI Knob