Cubasis — A new world of recording
Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. You can also open your Cubasis projects in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
Add professional audio effects to your mobile productions via in-app purchases.
FX Packs for Cubasis
- Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks (depending on the device used)
- 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
- 32-Bit floating point audio engine
- Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- iOS 32- and 64-bit support (depending on the device used)
- Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 50 ready-to-go presets
- MicroSonic with over 100 virtual instrument sounds based on HALionSonic and 16 Allen Morgan drum kits
- MiniSampler with more than 20 instrument sounds to create your own instruments
- Mixer with 15 revamped effect processors
- Over 550 MIDI and audio loops
- Virtual keyboard and virtual drum pads
- Sample Editor and Key Editor
- MIDI CC, program change, aftertouch support
- AirPlay, Buetooth and HDMI audio out support
- Export to Cubase, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
- Import and Export to iCloud Drive, Dropbox, external hard drives and wireless flash drives
- MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
- MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
- Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
- Full Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus support
- Import audio from your iTunes music library or using iTunes filesharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
Welcome home abroad
Familiar look and feel and Cubase project compatibility
Cubasis features the familiar Cubase look and feel to make you instantly feel at home from the moment you launch the app. From the arrangement window with its track list and inspector to the mixer — a technological déjà vu. The ease of operation that makes Cubase the world’s most advanced music production system has been ported to the iPad for this version of Cubasis.
Cubasis is meticulously designed and takes advantage of the iPad’s versatility, supporting standardized multitouch gestures that speed up your workflow immensely. But not only is the look similar to Cubase: all the projects you create with Cubasis can be imported into Cubase, so you can work with them under Windows and OS X. Steinberg users asked for it and we delivered! This latest addition to the Steinberg family has been totally worth the wait!
Tools for a new generation
You can record unlimited audio and MIDI tracks with Cubasis. These tracks can be recorded using the built-in microphone or by connecting a Core Audio compliant USB audio interface to the iPad. And after recording your tracks, you may want to edit them in the integrated Sample Editor.
Now, to create a perfect mix with your recorded tracks you need a reliable, transparent-sounding mixer — and Cubasis has one that delivers outstanding quality without losing intuitiveness. Thanks to Cubasis’ crystal-clear audio engine the mixer is capable of creating superb mixes in astonishing CD quality just like you imagined your song to be.
Cubasis also includes 15 revamped studio-grade audio effects to give your tracks an extra polish and make them shine. You get a compressor, a four-band parametric equalizer, a guitar amp simulator, a reverb, a delay, a brickwall limiter and much more. These are essential tools for any mixing purpose. But that’s not all, you can even use your favorite Audio Units or Inter-App Audio apps as insert/send effects.
The stage is yours
Over 180 virtual instruments and performance options...
Not only is Cubasis the best app to produce multitrack audio recordings, but also the best app to produce MIDI-based music.
Over 100 virtual instrument sounds based on the acclaimed HALion Sonic workstation to start producing tracks from scratch
Use the scalable virtual keyboard or the drum pads to play an instrument or connect a Core MIDI compliant external device
Streamlined Key Editor: Correct MIDI notes to perfection
Chord buttons: Store your favorite chords and trigger them later on by simply clicking the corresponding number
550 MIDI and audio loops included to get you started
Use other apps as virtual instruments or insert/send effects and record their audio output
Since version 1.5 Cubasis also includes a full-fledged virtual-analog synthesizer. Micrologue boasts 50 factory presets and offers comprehensive possibilities for designing your own sounds.
MiniSampler extends Cubasis with a new instrument to create own instruments in a snap. Grab audio files from the MediaBay or record your own material, make edits in the included audio editor and map the files to the on-board keyboard at your wish. Packed in an intuitive user interface, the creation of stunning instruments with MiniSampler is a breeze.
With MicroSonic you get over 100 virtual instrument sounds based on the acclaimed HALion Sonic workstation and 16 Allen Morgan Signature drum kits to start producing tracks from scratch.
Audio Unit, Audiobus and Inter-App Audio
From synths to drum machines to reverbs - use your favorite apps as insert/send effects or virtual instruments and record MIDI* or the audio signal directly within Cubasis. Cubasis does not only support the widely used Audiobus protocol for iOS as well as Apple's internal routing system, Inter-App Audio. Expendite your workflow even further by accessing Audio Unit instruments and effect apps directly from within Cubasis without the need to switch between apps when it comes to editing.
*Only when used with Inter-App Audio
Cubasis has truly one of the best Audiobus implementations that I know of.
— Sebastian Dittmann, Audiobus developer