Flux:: Sound and Picture Development
Flux:: in Orleans, France, a company focused on creating innovative software tools for the post-production and audio mastering industry. Aiming at demanding production environments all Flux:: products are by default providing up to 8 channels Input/Output, 64-bits internal floating point processing and sampling rates up to 384 kHz.
Aiming at professional mastering and re-mastering applications, the intricate design, the superior workflow and sound perfection, makes Alchemist tailored for the high demands of today’s music and pro-audio industry. Alchemist presents the option to operate as a single broadband processor, or a full-scale multiband processor offering up to five individual bands. For surround/multichannel operation Alchemist provides up to eight channels of simultaneous processing.
Up to five bands are available, each of them providing:
- The BitterSweet Transient Designer
- MS (mid/side) Control
- Auto Delay allowing for zero attack time
- Selectable level detection mode and dynamics detection profile
- Dynamics processing envelope control
The Epure II is a five-band equalizer with an algorithm designed to deliver the most superior quality achievable in digital equalizing processing today. The logical and comprehensive user interface includes a range of quick "shortcut" functions to enhance and simplify the user workflow, allowing for ultra fast and precise operation. For surround/multichannel operation up to eight channels of I/O, four MS decoders/encoders and internal processing groups are provided, all routable using the built in routing matrix.
Each of the five band-sections provides:
- Filter type selection (low cut, low shelving, peak, hi shelving, hi cut )
- Frequency range covering the whole bandwidth
- Q factor adjustable (from 1.00 to 100.00)
- Gain control (ranged -24 dB to +24 dB)
IRCAM Tools SPAT
With more than a decade of research performed by the Acoustic and Cognitive Spaces Team at IRCAM, being at the forefront of scientific and technological innovations, the SPAT is the most advanced and sophisticated tool for room acoustics simulation and localisation ever designed, managing both spatialisation (source localisation) and room acoustic simulation in a truly consistent and visually logical way.
- Designed for surround and multi-channel use
- Option to setup the output arrangements providing a variety of stereo and surround configurations
- Including subwoofer configuration.
- Eight input and output channels available
- Configurations up to 7.1 and 8.0 are feasible
IRCAM Tools TRAX
A suite of three ingenious processors using advanced technology, developed during many years, by the sound analysis/synthesis team at IRCAM. The TRAX Suite contains three truly creative tools:
Allowing for manipulating characteristic properties of a voice such as gender, age and breath, and on any other sound; expression, formant and pitch.
- Cross Synthesis
Utilizing a phase vocoder (the amplitude and the frequency/phase spectra), to morph the spectral characteristics of two sounds.
- Source Filter
The energy contour and the spectral colour of the source sound, can be continuously blended with the spectral colour and energy contour of an arbitrary filtrating sound, allowing transformation that extend well beyond the more common source filter morphing effect.
IRCAM Tools VERB
VERB is an algorithmic room acoustics and reverberation processor. It has a modular construction, employing a recursive filtering reverb engine, reproducing and synthesizing the specific acoustical characteristics of any spatial sound environment.
- Eight input and output channels, presenting the option for reverberation processing in multi-channel and surround formats
- Built in Input/Output (I/O) routing matrix provides instant flexibility when setting up the I/O in relation to the physical audio monitoring in the control room
- Pure Expander
Aallows you to remove unwanted noises or reverberation without adding a processed character to your sound.
- Pure DCompressor
Allowing you to restore the original dynamic of a sound.
- Pure DExpander
Enhancing the low levels of the sound and makes the material feel more fit and compact.
- Pure Limiter
Your number one choice on the very last stage of your audio processing chain.
The complete dynamic processing solution for superior sonic quality and distortion free operation within all fields of demanding audio processing. Primarily designed for mastering and re-mastering applications, making it a really versatile workhorse in the studio.
- Compressor, De-compressor, Expander, De-expander, all working in parallel
- Three release modes (manual, auto, and advanced)
- Auto Delay function allowing for zero attack time
- Side chain with a three-band equalizer
- MS (mid/side) Control
When we started sketching our new plug-in project, our aim was to create a versatile and truly musical dynamics processor, which handles the dynamics in a way that allows you to be creative, without a complicated user interface.
- A new generation dynamics processor
- Utilizing real time dynamic detection and level dependent processing,
- Adaptive dynamic capabilities, which mean that Syrah is always trying to adapt to the music and to the beat of the material.