RND Portico 5043
The Rupert Neve Designs Portico 5043 is a high-end compressor that brings the legendary Neve sound to the world of digital music production. Incorporating Yamaha’s VCM technology, this plug-in exactly reproduces the analog punch, warmth and clarity of the hardware original.
Five parameters for exceptional sound
Following the hardware equivalent, the Portico 5043 houses five essential parameters: Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release and Gain. A minimalistic approach, that allows to focus purely on the sound that needs to be processed. Thanks to VCM technology, the depth and sonic character of Rupert Neve’s analog sound is directly transformed into the digital recording environment — without the need to deal with dozens of parameters to get that signature sound.
Feed-Forward and Feed-Back compression
The Portico 5043 features two working modes: Feed-Forward and Feed-Back compression. These modes provide two entirely different compression characteristics to choose from. While the Feed-Back mode is more musical and sweeter, the Feed-Forward mode works with even greater accuracy.
The compressor also includes two virtual LED metering displays, showing the level of the input signal as well as the amount of gain reduction. Another virtual signal LED shows whether a signal is currently processed or not.
- High-quality compressor with input and gain reduction metering
- Feed-Forward and Feed-Back mode for two entirely different compression characteristics
- Based on the widely-acclaimed Portico 5043 Compressor / Limiter Duo
- VCM technology allows the exact reproduction of all the subtle details and acoustic nuances of the hardware original
- Exclusively approved by Rupert Neve
- Available in VST 3, VST 2.4 and AU format for multi-instance use within DAW hosts like Cubase or Nuendo
Compatible with industry standards
The Rupert Neve Designs Portico 5043 is available in VST 3, VST 2.4 and AU plug-in format, allowing for multi-instance use with digital audio workstations such as Cubase, Nuendo, WaveLab and Logic.
*VST 2.4 is supported on Windows systems only
Threshold: -50 dB to 0 dB
Ratio: 1.1:1 to Limit (more than 8:1)
Attack: 20ms to 75ms
Release: 100ms to 2.5s
Gain: -6dB to +20 dB