Cubase 6 and all derivatives: 6.0.5 update released

Dear Cubase v6 users,

Things at Steinberg are moving further! Over the last two months we were busy working on the 6.0.5 maintenance update for Cubase 6, Cubase Artist 6, Cubase Elements 6, Cubase AI 6 and Cubase LE 6 (including everything 6.0.4 offers plus more). Thanks to the last 6.0.4 pre-release and your corresponding feedback we’ve been able to smooth out the odds and ends but also to include new functionality that actually helps you to get the job done more comfortably.

So what’s in store with 6.0.5?*

First, we changed the visibility of automation handles, which are now displayed independently from any zoom level as soon as the mouse cursor is placed over an automation lane. If automation handles are selected, handles on all other automation lanes are displayed as well.

Second, we add full support for two WK-Audio remote control surfaces to ensure seamless Cubase integration: ID-Console and ID-Mix-VU. You can find out more about these two remotes right here: http://www.wk-audio.de/en/home/

Third, we further improved the decoding performance under Windows OS for Motion JPEG OpenDML video in AVI containers as well as Photo JPEG material.

Beyond these new features, the 6.0.5 maintenance update resolves a host of issues and brings the following improvements:*

1. Project: “Delete time” command now works properly if signature track is enabled.

1. Record: Sample rates different than 44.1 kHz no longer lead to multiplication of lanes due to wrong overlap resolution on project load.

1. Record: Recording MIDI in “merge” mode no longer creates additional MIDI parts instead of merging.

1. Comping: Copying comped audio events no longer leads to moving instead of copying the events.

1. MIDI: Reloading a previously saved project in Cubase Artist no longer disables the input transformer of MIDI Tracks.

1. MIDI: Dragging a part no longer leads to inaccessibility on newly created MIDI tracks.

1. VST Expression: When playing back in cycle mode all VST Expression commands are executed entirely.

1. MediaBay: Enabling the “Align beats to project” and “Wait for project play” options no longer leads to playback issues with loops in the MediaBay previewer.

1. MediaBay: Naming folders with dots no longer leads to cropped names in the result view.

1. MediaBay: Deleting multiple attributes for an item no longer affects other attributes than those selected.

1. MediaBay: When the preference “Scan unknown file types” is active, audio files without file extensions are now properly recognized when scanning.

1. VST Bridge: VST 2 32-bit plug-ins in Cubase in 64-bit mode under Mac OS X Lion are now working properly.

1. VST Bridge: Under OS X certain plug-ins no longer show up as bridged even though they were updated to support 64-bit.

1. Plug-in: The range scale of the Micro Tuner MIDI plug-in now reflects +/-100 Cents accurately.

1. Plug-in: When using HALion Sonic SE in GM mode and exporting MIDI tracks, the resulting Standard MIDI files include all program changes.

1. Plug-in: Using REVerence as an offline process plug-in now works properly.

1. _ Please note that this list applies to Cubase 6 and not every entry may apply to Cubase Artist 6, Cubase Elements 6, Cubase AI 6 or Cubase LE 6._*

You can download the Update right here:

Download Cubase 6.0.5 Update
Download Cubase Artist 6.0.5 Update
Download Cubase Elements 6.0.5 Update
Download Cubase AI 6.0.5 Update
Download Cubase LE 6.0.5 Update

Thanks for choosing Cubase!

Helge Vogt
Product Marketing Manager Cubase
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH

Amazing!

Just to clarify: 12) VST Bridge: VST 2 32-bit plug-ins in Cubase in 64-bit mode under Mac OS X Lion are now displayed properly.

Does this mean that 32 bit plugins will now work in the 64 bit version running on Mac OS X Lion? If so, then that’s brilliant news.

Thanks Helge!!!

D

Yes, they are working under Lion now! I’ve changed the text to make this more clear.

Cheers,
Helge

Sounds good! So with this update, everything in 6.04 is now also ‘officially supported’?

Dear Steinberg,

I’ll start with a huge THANK YOU.
I love that you guys are so on it and you take care of your customers. These updates, however ‘small’ they might seem, (I know they never are small), only strengthen my loyalty.

Thanks again and I very much look forward to further updates/new features!!

Sincerely,

-Pieter

Hello Strophoid,

everything in 6.04 is now also ‘officially supported’?

No, because the 6.0.5 update is fully tested by Q&A and the 6.0.4 not. All the fixes of the 6.0.4 will be part of the 6.0.5 update.

Cheers,

Chris

First, we changed the visibility of automation handles, which are now displayed independently from any zoom level as soon as the mouse cursor is placed over an automation lane. If automation handles are selected, handles on all other automation lanes are displayed as well.

This is what a lot of Cubase 6 users are waiting for! The previous visibility of automation handles was very annoying! Thanks for fixing this Steinberg! :mrgreen:

Thanks Chris, that’s what I meant :wink:

Dare I ask when these fixes will come to Nuendo?

These fixes would bring forward the installation of Nuendo 5.5 on my system.

Thanks for any insight.

Hi,
the 5.5.2 Nuendo Update will follow shortly after the release of Cubase 6.0.5 and includes exactly the same fixes plus some more which are Nuendo specific.

Cheers,
Helge

Thanks Helge.

“Shortly” in relation to what?

Like, the live span of a giant tortoise (177 years), or short like the gastrotrich (3 days)? :laughing:

Point being, that’s a little vague and I would really like my next work on 5.5 due to the amount of drum editing on this upcoming full-length. :mrgreen:

Estimated release time would fine by me because I could always start on 5.5 for tracking then update partway through that. If no estimated date is available, I will just do the drum editing in PT like I have been and stay where I am at.

Thanks for this info Helge. I am liking the new automation fixed as well as the mediabay fixes which pertain to proper playback of loops.

Thank you, i can’t wait.

Dear Helge, is this something for 6.0.5?
(to ajust the number of 1/16 notes per count)
Please read [Feature Request] number of 1/16 notes per count - Steinberg Lounge - Steinberg Forums

Seriously, guys, I don’t believe this is not fixed:

There’s a lot of new things in preferences and the help in the preferences window hasn’t been updated for ages.
If you have time… please :slight_smile:
Mads

Just finished a film project but who cares? Great news about the video handling and all the other improvements. Big thanks and congratulations. :sunglasses:

Have you unf u c k e d lanes yet?

Looks very promising! Thank you Steinberg! I am very much looking forward to this update… Lane multiplication fixed!!! Great News! :smiley:

Does this mean if mouse cursor is not over the automation lane, automation handles are not visible? I don’t think those things should ever be hidden at all.

Yes, and naming over EuCon is still not right, and we desperately need Quick Controls cut and paste.

Steinberg - some Quick Control love all round please in 6.0.6!