Cubase 6.5 / Cubase Artist 6.5: 6.5.3. Update available

Dear Cubase users,

Today we are happy to announce the availability of the first fully supported maintenance update for Cubase 6.5 and Cubase Artist 6.5, which replaces the former 6.5.1 and 6.5.2 pre-releases.

The free 6.5.3 update sports the following improvements:

1. New HALion Sonic SE 1.6 version including the versatile MorphFilter effect, true multi-core support and a new key command window

1. RF64 file support allows for file sizes larger than 4GB

1. Nuendo Live project compatibility (Cubase 6.5 only)

And resolves the following issues:*:

1. Tempo track: The user interface now remains responsive when the Tempo track is enabled.

1. MediaBay: Closing Cubase while a plug-in user interface or the video window is opened does no longer lead to a serious error.

1. Editing: Audio events no longer lose their “on top” status after being moved.

1. Editing: Hitpoint detection no longer results in different calculation results at 96 kHz.

1. Editing: Entering notes in the Key Editor with the info line displayed no longer renders Cubase Artist 6.5 unreliable.

1. Editing: Opening the Score Editor does no longer lead to an unexpected shutdown of Cubase Artist 6.5.

1. VST Expression: When using VST Dynamics events, no drop outs of other MIDI events on the track will occur.

1. VST Dynamics: Placing different parts that contain VST Dynamics events on the same track now works as expected.

1. VST Dynamics: Under specific playback situations VST Dynamics events could translate to wrong velocities.

1. Surround: 5.0 surround audio files now import with a correct speaker configuration (LCRLfeLs).

1. Plug-in: When saving and loading Prologue presets, the fine-tune values are restored correctly now.

1. Plug-in: REVerence now shows the right location path to user-imported IR files.

1. MacBook Pro: When using a MacBook Pro with Retina display, the mouse-click behavior behaves correctly at all times.

1. _ Please note that this list applies to Cubase 6.5 and not every entry may apply to Cubase Artist 6.5._*

The 6.5.3 updaters can be found at:

Cubase 6.5 downloads

Cubase Artist 6.5 downloads

Thanks for choosing Cubase!

Helge Vogt - Product Marketing Manager Cubase
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Still crashes opening the score editor on my Mac Pro with Snow Leopard :frowning:

Thanks, installing now. The Halion changes sound interesting

Thanks for the heads up on the release.

Wondering however… is this going to the very last update to Cubase 6.5, or is there more in the works for a later date? I noticed the update still relies on the original 6.5.0 being installed first, then the 6.5.3 update later. In the past, when the update cycle was done, there would be one huge file which does every update in one shot. I am not liking having 2 separate files for updating, which has me think perhaps the update cycle is not yet finished?

Sorry Helge, but the Prologue problem persists!

I can confirm that. The setting for “Fine” tuning is still raised significantly when a preset is loaded. I have just created a new patch with fine tune “0.1”. After loading the preset again the value was raised to “5.0”. Using Cubase 6.5.3 32-bit.

Regards,
Stephan

Thanks Hedge, Installed both 32 and 64 version with no problems… :smiley:

+1

No issues installing. Good job Steinberg!! :smiley:

However,

I can confirm as well.

Thanks Helge!

Installed into my two PCs without issues. Everything running fine.

copies a fabfilter plugin crash crash 6.5.3

best Michael

Win 7 64bit
i7 12mb ram

Sorry, we don’t know why yet, but the issues indeed still exist. We will address it with the next pre-release version.

All the best,
Helge

Thanks soo much! No crashing and feels rock solid.
Now to create some more music

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT

Hi Helge,

Mystic has the same sound loading problem like Prologue since Cubase 6 (It’s working fine in Cubas 5)
please have a look at this thread maybe it helps to find the problem because I’m pretty sure it’s related to each other and need to get fixed too.

Regards Felix

seems like the problems with Mystic/Prologue are more than fine tuning. as after certain version of Cubase the patch/sound previously created sounded different, it wasnt just tuning for me.

No problems upgrading on the unsupported Windows XP SP3 operating system. I also see they fixed the bug where Cubase would crash whenever I closed a project that had Reason 4 rewired to it. Kudos Steinberg!

When will Steinberg fix the too early midi record? I have read lots of post with many users with this erratic behaviour but nothing from Steinberg.
Is there any solution to this?

Thanks

Pablo

Helge said there is a new HALion Sonic SE 1.6 version but the updater reported “No changes required”. Am I missing something? :unamused:

Maybe you installed it already when it came out separately back in April?

Thanks Arjan P, I misunderstood Helge’s post. :unamused: