dealing with tempo

I imported a song for a remix and analyzed the tempo to find out that the song had a changing tempo. It slowly sped up at points and then went back down at other points. This was enough to throw the whole track out of sync for a remix. Cubase has good audio processing that preserves the pitch when adjusting tempo, but I don’t know how to correctly even out the tempo to match the bpm of the remix. Anything would help I’ve read the manual and know the difference between audio and time warping, I just thought there would be an easy way to even out the tempo.

The way I do it
Tempo map the track (Loads of ways, I always go bar by bar by hand)
Set track to musical mode
Next Audio-Set definition from tempo
Fix tempo to what you require

Hippo

Hi Hippo! Thanks for that, I’ve never done it by “Set definition from tempo” I will try that.

The way I do it
Tempo map the track (Loads of ways, I always go bar by bar by hand)

Do you mean defining the grid for the audio file in the sample editor under the definition tab, using Manual Adjust? Or using the Time Warp tool in the project window or sample editor.

You mean the track in the Project Window, or in the sample editor?

Next Audio-Set definition from tempo

dang–Cubase 5 doesn’t have that.

Fix tempo to what you require

You mean the track in the Project Window, or in the sample editor?

As thinkingcap kindly pointed out the other day, the correct terminology is “Musical Timebase” for the track (in the project window) and “Musical Mode” in the sample editor.
J.L.

Good point, jaslan, I should have known better! :wink:

Does this help, iamwilco 1 and Clayton (and it’s in C5!) ?

- YouTube (the first part)