For Cubase 6 we have implemented all HALion One Sounds into the new VSTi HALion Sonic SE.
here is a description for Cubase 5 / Cubase Studio 5 / Cubase Essential 5 owners on how to install the VST Presets manually.
vladivostock wrote:ok, i've tried the re-install...
- got Halion One working (following the instructions in the knowledge base). Basically you need the 64bit version.
- HALion Sonic SE though still only showing 185 sounds (ie none of the H1 / VST sounds).
So I am now completely baffled.
Reasons for this could be:
- The HSSE installer that comes with Cubase 6 Trial is a 'Lite' version (mine is called "HALion Sonic SE LE AI Elements Content"). Size 122mb.
- The Cubase 6 Trial I am using is 6.0.0 and perhaps this issue was addressed in 6.0.1? Though I've looked through the pdf's but not found anything yet.
- There is an issue between upgrading from Cubase 4 to C6 that restricts HALion content. (Although the fact I have H1 working disproves this).
- I am doing something completely wrong.
Anyone with other ideas?
Perhaps if somebody could confirm their HSSE content & size (in control panel) that might help.
The way I understand it is the HALionOne sounds are in HSSE regardless of having a previous Cubase version or not?
Have to say, apart from this I am absolutely digging Cubase 6!
Sherz wrote: I see no specific responses to getting the full suite of sounds available within Halion Sonic, which I'd prefer to use? I too wondered whether the trial version of C6 had limited HALion Sonic content? (I'm currently using the trial while waiting for the arrivel of the full version of C6).
Stringpark wrote:Given that the downloaded installer for the trial version was only 1.6GB, is it safe to assume that much of the Halion Sonic SE content has been left out of the trial version?
vladivostock wrote:Stringpark wrote:Given that the downloaded installer for the trial version was only 1.6GB, is it safe to assume that much of the Halion Sonic SE content has been left out of the trial version?
hi, great news in that I just uninstalled the trial and installed C6 update and it does indeed include the full HSSE content. There is 3.2Gb of it infact, plus some expression content for HalionOne.
Now doubt this info will be handy to someone so here is a breakdown of the content:
Cubase 6 - 282mb
HAL One update content - 244mb
HAL Sonic SE content - 3220mb
HAL Sonic SE - 39.5mb
Groove Agent One content - 142mb
Groove Agent Vintage Beatbox - 38mb
Drumloop Expression - 428mb
REVerence content - 209mb
Loopmash content 1 - 617mb
Loopmash content 2 - 558mb
So clearly a lot more than on the trial version!
Now, I'm quite annoyed about this is for a few reasons:
- the trial version says you can just update the serial, rather than re-install. HSSE on the trial has 122mb, not 3.2gb!
- I requested support from Steinberg for this 2 weeks ago and haven't had a single response
- I spent well over a week installing / reinstalling the trial, messing about with Halion One settings and HSSE, and despite the number of users finding the same issue increasing I have to say the response on here (lack of) is quite disappointing.
Users browsing this forum: dorremifasol and 1 guest