Search found 3 matches

Return

Cubase / Cubase Artist 7.5.10 maint. update in the works

Dear Cubase / Cubase Artist 7.5 users,

The 7.5.10 maintenance update for Cubase 7.5 / Cubase Artist 7.5 will be available from February 6, 2014 on as a free download and includes the following improvements:

Global
• The loading time of huge projects is no longer unexpectedly high.
• Switching between projects with different sample rates now works as expected.
• Closing the record mode pop-up of the Transport Panel now behaves as expected.

AUDIO
• Emptying the trash on the Audio Pool no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
• Inserting hitpoints now works as expected.

MIDI
• Audio return channels of instrument tracks are now always displayed correctly.
• Clicking on a MIDI region of an instrument track in an inactive project while holding the SHIFT key no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
• Reselecting a drum map in setup window no longer renders the application unreliable.

SCORE
• Scrolling in the Score Editor now works as expected.

MIXCONSOLE
• Switching between channel strip presets with different EQ positions no longer affects the bypass EQ state.
• Switching from a multi-display to a single monitor setup no longer changes the MixConsole window configuration.
• When using a Steinberg UR series interface and displaying the hardware rack in MixConsole, scrolling and zooming now works as expected.

PLUG-IN
• The complete plug-in set is now working as expected in Cubase Artist 7.5.

REMOTE
• All functions of a Mackie Control Universal involving the SHIFT button now work as expected.
• Using the configurations 1-8 on a Mackie Control Universal now work as expected.
• When switching tracks during recording, the Quick Controls now behave as expected when using a Mackie Control Universal.

Thanks for choosing Cubase!

Helge Vogt
Team Leader Product Marketing Group
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
by Helge Vogt
Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 Bug: VST performance peak?

FABIO:

Do you know if Steinberg is trying to implement a "bridge" in ASIO-Guard for audio processing on CUDA enabled graphic cards?

This could explain why graphics performance seems so linked to plugin performance in version 7.

Hello,

no, I'm not aware of CUDA implementations being worked on.

The graphic performance appears to be linked to the latest drivers' implementation, with some of the improvements made for gaming and 3D graphics causing real-time spikes with particular plug-ins.
These plug-ins all share common characteristics - they over-ride the default behaviour of the pointer when hovering on the controls, so it might be related to a particular GUI framework.
I'm no developer, so I forwarded the outcome of my tests to the proper people in-house.

They were actually already on it and the GUI handling is being revised - it is quite unlikely that the drivers will be written the "old way" in the future, so it must adapt to the way drivers are working now and will probably work in the near future.

By the way, during my tests the behaviour of Cubase 7/7.5 and Cubase 6/6.5 was the same concerning this.
But Cubase 6/6.5 only shows the average VST Performance, so the spikes and fluctuations might look like a normal fluctuation due to the load, especially with a lot of plug-in instances or working at low latencies.
When looking at the Cubase 7/7.5 real-time meter, it might trick into thinking that the performance is much different, but the only way to directly compare the two versions is by comparing the average meter only.

Hope this helps.
by Fabio Bartolini
Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 Bug: VST performance peak?

Hello,

I recently did some extensive tests on performance peaks and eventually reproduced something very similar on my home rig. Tried all kind of audio and video-card drivers combinations as well as disabling / enabling Windows services, the only thing I didn't touch is the BIOS.

The problem was solved reverting back to an older driver for the video-card - I have a Radeon HD 6570 and all 13.x drivers would yield the same result. Driver 12.10 brought performance back to normality, no more spikes.

I have a couple reports that using older drivers also solved the same issue with nVidia cards.

Not saying it will surely help those who posted here, but it is worth trying.

Kind regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic