Search found 6 matches

Return

Re: IcAir with Leap Motion

As soon as the gestures are recognized it does exactly what it says on the tin . The hardest part is learning the gestures and getting them exact .

Well, that's exactly were the sluggishness comes from. It seems to take a while for the gestures to be recognised.

But then again, I have to add: I noticed yesterday that the leap controller was having problems with the overhead lights and therefore had to compensate.
This might be influencing the speed.

And as you said: the hardest part is indeed getting the gestures right.
by Pixie
Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NewFeature: ALT+Click to split notes in VariAudio

This one gets my vote.

I often find myself grabbing for the alt-key just to realize it doesn't work like that in VariAudio.
by Pixie
Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5....inspector section issue

No. somewhere on your computer, there is a preference folder in which Cubase stores all preferences.
On Windows, you can access this via the start menu in the Steinberg Cubase sub menu.
To thrash them, move them, delete them or rename the preference folder.
Upon startup, Cubase will create new preferences if it cannot find any.
Do remember to delete all preferences of previous versions also, since Cubase will retrieve those if it finds them instead of creating new ones.

The Edit Channel windows appears when you click on the 'e' button on certain tracks.
by Pixie
Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hidden Cubase 8 features!

You can now change the track colour using the scrollwheel of your mouse.
Just put the cursor over the coloured trackname in the inspector and scroll.
by Pixie
Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GUI Issue

I've had the same issues twice.
I can't recall what solved it the first time, but the last time the problem dissapeared after I installed the newly purchased The Grand.

By the way: it wasn't only in the inspector, but also in the mixconsole and the 'edit track settings' window (well, actually all over Cubase). You will notice that, when you change tab and then click inside the tab window, it will change over.

I also noticed that, when it occurred in C8, it was also happening in C7.5.

So i'm guessing something got messed up when installing C8 that was resolved by installing The Grand.

Since, for as far as I know, the only thing they have in common is the eLicenser, you might try to re-install the latest elincenser software.

I have sent an official support request a while ago (before new year) with a screenrecording of what is happening, but I haven't heard from them yet. Luckily enough it got sorted out by installing The Grand 3. Otherwise I still wouldn't be able to work with it.
by Pixie
Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Audio Interface for Cubase-Thoughts/Opinions

I have been using a Fireface 800 for more than 6 years now. In order to expand my I/O, I bought some extra ADAT-interfaces.
One of them is the Steinberg MR-816x.
Initially I kept on using the Fireface as my output device, but one day I decided to see (well, hear actually) how the MR-816X would sound compared to the Fireface. It sounded as if someone just lifted some blankets off my speakers.
I still use both interfaces together, with my Fireface 800 as main interface, but my main outs still come from the MR-816X.

My Fireface is on it's way out now, because I need more I/O (it's going to be replaced by an Antelope Orion 32), but I'm definately keeping the 816 untill I'm 100% sure the Antelope sounds at least as good as the MR-816X...
by Pixie
Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic