Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: (7.5) Mackie MCU protocol (channel shift doesn't work)

Too bad... when 7 came out mcu users also had to wait I while because it didn't work, and now again they broke it.
Please fix soon Steinberg. Do a nice mcu update so our machine works again. thanks

I'm shocked at this thread!
MCU implementation is SO improved in 7.5 I got goose bumps when I discovered it!

Bank buttons don't work anymore (shift only 1) and channel does nothing, on my Mackie Control.

The channel buttons are now "page" buttons for multi page menus (used to be the top leftmost 2 buttons, but they now have new functions).
If you use "shift" with the bank buttons they alternate between BanK and Channel jumps.

Also : EQ works different, but I like it, bands on and off now with button push.

Yep, and I love it, too. Push to Alternate between Freq and Q - Push gain to turn band on and off. Brilliant. Everything on 8 knobs.

Setting FX send levels is messed up, now sets send output,
and if you fiddle around with what used to be send, you see the relatively new channel strip inserts flashing by, with no abillity to use them though.

FX sends are now accessed with what used to be the "Page Up" button - the one on the top right. Depending on how many (if any) extenders you have you can page through things with (what was) the "channel" buttons.
Shift press on the same button gives you ""send 1" for all channels - and with subsequent shift presses you toggle through all 8. The "send" button down near the Read/Write buttons allows you to tweak the effects.
Shift press this same button allows setting the Cue mix levels for each channel - again, subsequent shift presses toggles through each of the 4 cue mixes.

The bottom right of those 6 upper left buttons (used to be sends, I think) now allows complete control of the built in "strip" effects. The left knob (#1) scrolls through the effects. Knob 2 bypasses. Knob 3 chooses the Processor (like vintage, tube, etc). Then page 2 (using the old channel buttons) brings up all the controls for the selected unit.

Still no way to assign mixer view configurations to F buttons or fader group buttons

This Generic Remote setup . . .
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=38442&start=50#p300942
. . . works better than dedicated fader bank because you can assign anything if you only want - say - 4 banks available.
You'll need to alter the commands in the XML file to match the new function name - this can be done right on the Devices page - but I have it working excellent in both the project and Mix Console windows. It works on whichever window has focus.

In addition to all of that fun . .
The upper right button (used to be page down) now controls input/output bus, gain, and phase as well as "monitor" status for all channels. Use the old "channel" buttons to page through functions. I also noticed it will hold the selected page when you come back to it (like "monitor", for me).

Ther's more and I've probably missed some stuff but . . .
Kudos to SB for this functionality. I'm lovin it!

Hugh
by HughH
Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 not production ready

A few annoying bugs, granted, but to say that 7.5 is not "production ready" is quite a stretch.
by papi61
Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Iro: Track Color Pack for Cubase

http://seyoum.net/pictures/Logo.jpg

Hi everyone.

This is a neat little color pack I made for Cubase 7.5. For me, the default colors were not enough as I tend to have a lot of tracks, often with the same instruments, but with variations. It takes a considerable long time to make a set of new colors so I thought I would share it with you guys so you don't need to do this yourself. Am I not grateful? :D

http://dawlab.net/pictures/Iro.jpg

The pack consists of 8 different main colors with 8 additional shades of each color. 64 colors in total!
Once you install the colors I suggest you do not tamper too much with the intensity/brightness as this can cause some of the colors to look alike. Yes, I did this myself and had to redo everything.

Please see the link to my blog for installation: http://www.dawlab.net/2014/04/26/iro-2-0/

I do not have the privilege to test this on a mac or different versions of Cubase. If you are able to successfully apply these colors on another system please share how you did it.

Hope you enjoy it!

Seyoum
by seyoum
Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel settings window too wide..

Hello,

click on the "Functions menu" (top right corner of the MixConsole) while pressing the "Alt" key on your keyboard and select "Reset MixConsole Window".

This bug has already been fixed, it doesn't happen on new installations / new systems, but it will re-appear when using old preferences from an old Cubase 7 version that used to have this bug. If a project was saved with this bug, it will also reappear even if you trash your preferences. Once you have reset your mixconsole window the problem will be gone for good (at least on that project)

Regards
by Luis Dongo
Mon May 19, 2014 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic