Search found 19 matches

Return

Nuendo 6.5?

Cubase 7.5 comes out at 4th of december. How about Nuendo 6.5? When does it come out?
by riwe
Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nuendo 6.5?

Thanks for answerting Fredo.

What do you mean with later next year? 2014 Jan?
by Antonio Escobar
Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vintage Stomp Pack

Any chance there will be a sale or reduced price on these? I see you've dropped the price of the Portico plugins.

The Vintage Stomp Pack plugins really are excellent .

They are virtually unheard of anywhere though. Do a google search and about 3 people mention them. If you dropped the price a little, Steinberg, you might sell a few more than the 12 licenses you've sold in 2 years. I'll buy it for sure if you did. A coupon code perhaps?

Nice.
by Tigertots
Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hello,

Nuendo 6.5 is going to be released in beginning of Q2 2014. Beside all features already revealed in Cubase 7.5 it will get even more post-pro / surround mixing relevant functions, such as a professional Bass Management. In terms of development time, it simply takes longer to bring all the additional features into the upcoming Nuendo 6.5.

We may also be able to correct some more issues in terms of GUI, but in general it will be the status of Cubase 7.5.
Key Command/mixer issue will (most likely) be fixed.

Thanks,
Timo
by TimoWildenhain
Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hello,

yes, we will release Nuendo 6.0.7 beginning of February.
Among other fixes it will include a major update for the AAF filter.

Thanks,
Timo
by TimoWildenhain
Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Feature Request: More pre-set multis/combis/performances

Let me state from the very beginning that I am a very satisfied user of Halion/Halion Sonic. At the same time, a small additional effort from Steinberg (or maybe somebody else) could add tremendous value to Halion/Halion Sonic from the point of view of songwriters/composers and, especially, the newbies (another vast market segment).

Would it be possible to create at least 64 to 128 multis/combis/performances with instrument sets for different styles of music? I mean selecting 16 instruments that work together well, setting the appropriate effects for the style, and making the EQ settings, so that the instruments blend/mix well right out of the box.

For example, I still use Roland JV 1010, which has 64 preset and 32 user performances. Although the original sounds are modest by today’s standards, the effects and the right combinations of patches make tremendous difference (even despite the limited number of effects and options). The pre-set combinations of instruments are real time savers and great tools for learning about different styles of music.

With the sample/patch base of Halion/Halion Sonic and the unlimited options for effects there is a huge potential. I believe that such pre-set performances would also help to showcase the capabilities of the instrument to new prospective buyers. Otherwise people might not even suspect that Halion/Halion Sonic has some of the best sounding acoustic and electric guitars, plenty of useful piano/keyboard patches, fantastic clarinet, accordion, harmonica sounds etc. Likewise the synth engine is capable to deliver a wide sound palette – from early analogue synth music to sophisticated modern soundscapes.
by raimondsgr
Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Export edited video

No Tumppi - not video editing. Just select between two markers and export video and sound into a Quicktime. Simple and essential. Pro Tools does it, Digital Performer does it, Logic does it.
by gph
Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Better Embedded BWav Metadata Options

Hi there,

I use Nuendo professionally for not only sound design but also for sound library releases of which I have clients all the way from small independent recordists to big hollywood studios.

I regularly edit my libraries within Nuendo and setup cycle markers for export. And name the cycle marker with the filename + descriptive data.

When you have 100+ files ready to export and you need to embed metadata - this is where Nuendo falls flat and I have to use another piece of software. Have something similar to the cycle marker naming tool for BWav Metadata would be great. Currently I have the option to enter description/originator per file which takes an extraordinarly long time - instead having the option to override the manual entry and being able to choose from a dropdown to allow filename/cycle marker name to be placed in the description, followed by more information (like you're able to with the cycle marker export, where you can add and remove categories). Also having some entries set to global per mixdown - so if I mixdown 20 files and in the originator I have my name - I don't have to change it (I'm not sure if that's how it currently works, but I haven't tried as I have to mixdown each file seperately due to changing the description everytime).

Anyway - having an option like that would really speed up my workflow and wouldn't require me to use other pieces of software. Thanks!
by samueljustice
Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase iC Pro with Nuendo?

A surround panner would be nice
by Oliver.Lucas
Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well in the absence of facts and there's only conjecture.

The facts are right there under your nose.

Do you really think that anyone in his/her right mind would "sacrifice" the best selling DAW (Cubase and Nuendo) in the world for a few hundred (Oh, why not go wild, and make that a few thousand) potential Nuage users?

The only reason why Steinberg can further develop Nuendo as a Post-production DAW is thanks to the hughe number of Cubase users. Post is such a niche market that it is virtually impossible to make money in it. Unless you sell the product really expensive.

Fredo
by Fredo
Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TimoWildenhain wrote:More information on Nuendo 6.5 will be available end of this week.

End of this week alert :P
(I've seen it at the Nuage Demo, though)

Ollie
by Oliver.Lucas
Fri May 23, 2014 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finally got to try out Nuage. OMG!!!

Congratulation for your decision. I can feel with you. For an non-pro like me, it's too expensive ... unfortunately. I'll continue torture my mouse :mrgreen:
by Bassman
Sat May 31, 2014 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: eLicenser - make it better!

I would love to see a way to store my prefs and key commands on the eLicenser. I have to work on many diffrerent computers abd it would be convenient to have these settings move together with my license.

Ollie
by Oliver.Lucas
Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When can we expect to see N6.5?

Thomas wrote:
TimoWildenhain wrote:Hello,

Nuendo 6.5 will be available in July.

Thanks,
Timo

2014 ???

by TimoWildenhain
Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

VCA faders in Nuendo

Hello,

I've just watched the intro videos for Cubase Pro 8 and the obvious question which raises up is: when will Nuendo get the much anticipated VCA faders?
Will it be a Nu 6.x thing or we have to wait for next Nu release? (Nu 7.0 or Nuendo Pro Pro :roll: 8.0 )
Expected timeframe??

I know that it's all so new, but I think Nuendo deserves VCA faders (and maybe the new audio engine...) as soon as possible.

Many thanks indeed,
Cochrane
by Cochrane
Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VCA faders in Nuendo

VCA faders are working nicely on the Nuendo 7 beta version.
;)
They will not be included in Nuendo6.x

Fredo
by Fredo
Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dear forum members,

as Fredo mentioned, Nuendo 7 will get VCA faders as well as all Cubase 8 features.
We are currently still in the process of developing additional features that will only
be available in Nuendo 7.

There will be some very nice things coming to Nuendo 7, making this update one of
the biggest in Nuendo's history. We'll be able to deliver totally new functions and
workflows which cannot be found in other DAW. Plus, Nuendo will get (probably)
all product maintenance of the Cubase 8 lifecycle until the release.
Now, enough "heat up" ;-)

That being said, Q1 2015 for Nuendo 7 seems to be unrealistic so far.

As for Yosemite compatibility, I believe early 2015.

Thanks,
Timo
by TimoWildenhain
Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

maybe this is OT now - but I am mixing a 250 track project in C8 at the moment, since 2 days, so far absolutely no issues - ok, some very small ones though... but no crashes yet... I have not used VCA faders yet - I do not need them this much... but windows layout managing is awesome as well as I like working with it, project window GUI is now more "fitting" with the mixer etc.. I like it.

I am missing Cycle Marker export so hard as well as I will never understand the idea behind these color-"inverted" events when you select them.. this makes editing so hard and confuzing.

I can not wait going back to Nuendo ASAP!
by Brandy
Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic