Search found 14 matches

Return

Re: Tips Tricks And Workflow Goodness.

There's a cool thing I discovered. there are some tool modifiers that are not assigned to any Key and one of them is really useful (for me). In preference, under tool modifiers, range tool, you'll find "Select Full Vertical" ... what that does is that if you resise multiple midi notes or audio events with that comand, (let say you're resising the end of multiple files) it won't keep their end positions but all the event ends will align. So let say you recorded a vocal part multiple times and they are all stack but some are longer, select them all, resise the begining and the end with that command and they'll all be the same lenght. Same for midi :D
by trashdinner
Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

I will stop this discussion, it's too obvious at now. I will not upgrade to 7.5 until a super rock solid version under osx, and I will not upgrade to 8 if Steinberg will not fix all bugs and compatibility problems with 3rd party plugs... :D

The only real issue C7 had with 3rd party plugins was with audio damage plugins on 7.0 ... it was fixed a while ago. I had some 3rd party plugins issues in the past and it wasn't cubase fault ... I used to be on Adobe Audition and it was hell compared to Cubase. I then switched to Pro Tools because that's what we were using at school and I had huge crashes and that was back in the days when Pro Tools didn,t have any auto backup options so I was always loosing precious work :( When I switched to Cubase I never looked back! I've seen a benchmark test somewhere (I can't find it but I'll post the link if I do) and they tested all the major DAWs on the market and inserted as many plugins as possible (all 3rd parties) and Cubase was almost always on top for the most plugins while still being reliable. Pro tools was not so far behind but Studio One, Logic and all the other where really far behind. Steiny also fixed some UAD plugins issues that were happening in rare occasions in Cubase. Seriously, if you have doubts, try another DAW and you'll be thankfull for Cubase.
by trashdinner
Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A couple of questions about VariAudio.

the way i get good natural results in variaudio is by cuttin the begining an the end of a note to only straighten the middle part ... its annoying and i've been requesting a feature to make transitions natural for a while ... you guys should request that as well ... the more request they have the more likely they'll do it!
Use tab to switch between pitch and segment mode, thats way faster.
by trashdinner
Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 at last.

Wow ... Seriously, I'm blown away by the possibilities of Groove Agent SE 4 :D I've been playing with it for an hour and It's intuitive, fun and so much more powerfull than GA1. Thank you Steinberg.
by trashdinner
Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For me, some of the best tips are keyboard shortcut or modifier keys and are not really hidden but I'll post them anyways:

-Hold shift + Ctrl, left click and drag up or down on midi event(s) to change their velocities
-Hold Ctrl while resising an event (when snap to grid is enabled) to bypass the snap to grid and resise freely (same thing for moving an event)
-This is simple but a lot of people don't know about this, use Grid Relative in the snap to grid panel if you want to move events but keep their starting position.
-when using the Range selection tool, hold Ctrl + Shift to select all tracks
-there's a command called select cursor to end, so if you assign this to a keyboard shortcut and also assign one to split at cursor, you can easily split all files and the select all on the right side of the split to move them
-if you want to delete a section but you want all event after to move where the deleted section is while keeping everything on the grid use the range selection tool while snap to grid is enabled, use the ctrl + shift modifier I talked about to select the part you want to delete (let's say you delete 2 bars), then go to the snap type in the snap to grid panel and change it to shuffle, then press delete. the 2 bars are gone and all event after moved to the left automatically. Don't forget to change the snap type again after tho ;)
-Variaudio shortcuts: press tab to switch between segment and pitch modes, hold ctrl while moving a note to put it perfectly on the pitch, hold shift while moving a note to move it freely
-In mixconsole, alt double click on sends to make the send plugin show up
-Add a Key command to Find track/Channel (in my case it's F) so when I press F I can start typing the name of a track and it will select it ... this is really usefull to find tracks easily in big sessions

I could go on like this but I don't want to clutter the forum ;) I hope this will help some of you
by trashdinner
Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: (7.5) Mackie MCU protocol (channel shift doesn't work)

Oh wow ... pressing the knobs in different circumstances does amazing things :D I also love that Shift + plugin button let you control the Quick Controls :)
by trashdinner
Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: (7.5) Mackie MCU protocol (channel shift doesn't work)

It's broken...here'a quick work-around:
Hold the shift button and switch channels pressing 'BANK'. Release shift and 'BANK' is as usual...

Thank you for that!!! A couple of things seems to be broken on the MCU on 7.5 so hopefully SB will fix them in next update ... did anybody create a proper issue report?? If we want these fixed somebody should.

Also for the Fader Group Issue, In device setup, create a new generic remote and import the file that I uploaded .... If the project window is in focus, then the Fader group will control the project visibility preset and if the the mixer is in focus, it will control the mixer visibility.

Props to msterna since I used his file and udpated it for 7.5.
by trashdinner
Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What we would love to see in Cubase 7.0.6 and 7.5

Here's what we would love to see Cubase 7.0.5:

-An ultimate fix for the mixer glitches (sizing issue ect)
-A fix for the various crash that now occurs when closing Cubase
- An option for the MCU or other controller jogwheel speed (select the speed and select between zoom relative or not)
-A fix for the Fader group buttons on the MCU
-A fix for the MCU Jogwheel not always sniping to grid
-A "Pause" command that would be assignable as a key command
-More key commands for mixconsole
-more color customization
- A fix for the plugins that hides behind the full screen mixer
- A single click on plugin to bring them to front instead of double click
- When a plugin is in front, the plugin cell will be a different color so we know what plugin we are tweaking
- a fix for the keycommands / focus bug (mixer vs arrange)
- find a solution to the mousewheel mixer scroll / accidentally change fader values dilemma , maybe click once to activate a channel's mouse-over

What we would love to see in Cubase 7.5

- An option to make Global workspaces open by default in all projects
- seperate undo and redo on the mixconsole
- undo and redo on all plugins
- Global mixer settings (or mixer settings saved in workspaces)
- the possibility to move tracks/channels in mixconsole
- A simple and effective plugin editor
-An update of groove agent one? 
-Better transient detection and tempo detection
- a fast and easy way to bounce vsti without the need to export and import in project or routing the vsti output to a track and recording.
- better and more flexible I/O configuration (no limits on headphone mixes ect)
- An option to make a VST Connection Global and open in all projects regardless of the projects VST Connections Settings
-Some visibility enhancement (as always)
-Remote control editor can now be assignable to any midi device
- a Mono/Stereo Switch on all channels
-An enhanced hub that will allow to search project with a search bar, to assign stars and to filter acording to creation or modification date (like in the media bay)
-The ability to share presets and templates between users in the hub
-"PING" for external effects fixed
-quick controls to be able to control several parameters at once with one slider, and being able to adjust the depth of the control for each parameters, like in ableton live.
-FX channel presets
-A VST-SDK with chord track information so third parties can start to do some cool plugi
- VCA Subgroups 
-  The ability to assign one track to multiple busses
- dynamic freezing
-AudioWarp syncable over multiple tracks
-Linked Automation Editing.
-Session Import Data
-Playlists
-Midi learn in Groove agent one
by trashdinner
Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A little Groove Agent SE Tip for those who likes to layer sounds (I do that a lot with drums in pop songs)

If you add multiple sounds to a pad (by drag and dropping) use the first (top) option when dropping the sounds to a pad to layer them.
At first they will will not trigger at the same time but the different samples will trigger depending on the velocity so while the pad is selected, change the mode to "layer" instead of "velocity" in the main tab. Now they all trigger at the same time but you can't adjust the volumes or any other parameters of the different samples separately ... but here's how to do it:

There are 2 little buttons on the upper right side of Groove Agent SE, one is ABS or Rel (It's set to ABS by default)
and the other one is Pad or Sel (It's set to Pad by default). If you press the Pad button to switch it to Sel (while the multi samples pad is selected) you can now chose the sample you want to change the volume or any other parameters and it will only change the settings of that sample within the Pad instead of all the samples within the pad. So just select the sample, tweak some buttons and when you select another sample on the same pad you'll see the the tweaks you made won't affect the other samples :) I find That really usefull instead of having to have 3 midi notes for my kick sound, I just have one and tweak it inside Groove Agent SE.
by trashdinner
Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

I really want the clic volume back ... that was the thing I used the most on the control room panel :(
Everything else is great so far but please bring back the clic volume!

Nevermind!! If you want those controls back, just click on the "Main" with the line underneath and the sliders will appear :D
by trashdinner
Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

I really want the clic volume back ... that was the thing I used the most on the control room panel :(
Everything else is great so far but please bring back the clic volume!
by trashdinner
Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cubase 8 wishes

-A fix for the plugins that hides behind the full screen mixer
-When a plugin is in front, the plugin cell will be a different color so we know what plugin we are tweaking
-An option for the MCU or other controller jogwheel speed (select the speed and select between zoom relative or not)
-A "Pause" command that would be assignable as a key command
-seperate undo and redo on the mixconsole
-undo and redo on all plugins
-a new tab in the preferences that would let you select if you want Global or Session specific for different things (workspaces, Mixer layouts, VST Connection ect)
-Variaudio 2 that will include SSSS and SHHH sound detection so they don't sound robotic when tweaking pitch and
an attack and release slider that will set when straighten pitch will start and stop on the different notes
-the possibility to move tracks/channels in mixconsole
-A simple and effective plugin editor
-a fast and easy way to bounce vsti without the need to export and import in project or routing the vsti output to a track and recording. (Bitwig style)
-Remote control editor assignable to any midi device
-a Mono/Stereo Switch on all channels
-A plugin crash detector that will let you know what plugin crashed
-An enhanced hub that will allow to search project with a search bar, to assign stars and to filter acording to creation or modification date (like in the media bay) and the ability to share templates and presets with other users.
-reduce the time that a plugin show up when you clic on it (like when you ctr click)
-A duplicate relative that will let you duplicate multiple events with the same gap (if you have an event, a 1 bar gap and another event, it would duplicate those 2 with the 1 bar gap instead of right after the last event)
-a vocalign like feature that will let you sync 2 audio file
-a random option in the line tool options
-the ability to move around and apply new plugins and tweak existing ones on frozen tracks
by trashdinner
Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vari audio UPGRADE to the next level

+1 for vocalign like feature and please intergrate an attack/release slider to tell when the pitch correction start and finish on each notes ... when you use it in a transparent way, you have to cut every begining and ending of each note to make sure it wont sound robotic :(
Also, please fix the SSS and shhh sounding bad when pitch corrected.

How exactly are you doing that ... are you shrinking the segments so as to exclude the beginnings/endings of each note?

And if that's the case ... I guess the implication is that the transition is pretty smooth between the VA'd portion of the note, and its unprocessed beginning/ending ... or do you somehow have to cross-fade or otherwise make the transitions less noticeable?

Thanks, trashdinner!

I cut the beginning and ending of the notes I process (by pressing tab to switch mode and then I manually cut them) and they will fade quite naturally.
by trashdinner
Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vari audio UPGRADE to the next level

+1 for vocalign like feature and please intergrate an attack/release slider to tell when the pitch correction start and finish on each notes ... when you use it in a transparent way, you have to cut every begining and ending of each note to make sure it wont sound robotic :(
Also, please fix the SSS and shhh sounding bad when pitch corrected.
by trashdinner
Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic