the Basic FX Suite license is missing.
I just sent you a PM.

Best regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Plugin Problems in C7.5

My best bet is that you should disable UAC and de-install en re-install again, also make sure that the account you use has administrator privileges, when UAC is active the installation can become corrupted and only half functional.

I also find that many plugin installers mixup the 32 / 64 bit installer paths and also VST2 / VST3 installation paths.
I have done some installation where I first install the 32 bit plugs then in a second go the 64 bits one, or when all is installed together I remove the 32 bit dlls by hand.
by mroekalea
Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 Bug: VST performance peak?

FABIO:

Do you know if Steinberg is trying to implement a "bridge" in ASIO-Guard for audio processing on CUDA enabled graphic cards?

This could explain why graphics performance seems so linked to plugin performance in version 7.

Hello,

no, I'm not aware of CUDA implementations being worked on.

The graphic performance appears to be linked to the latest drivers' implementation, with some of the improvements made for gaming and 3D graphics causing real-time spikes with particular plug-ins.
These plug-ins all share common characteristics - they over-ride the default behaviour of the pointer when hovering on the controls, so it might be related to a particular GUI framework.
I'm no developer, so I forwarded the outcome of my tests to the proper people in-house.

They were actually already on it and the GUI handling is being revised - it is quite unlikely that the drivers will be written the "old way" in the future, so it must adapt to the way drivers are working now and will probably work in the near future.

By the way, during my tests the behaviour of Cubase 7/7.5 and Cubase 6/6.5 was the same concerning this.
But Cubase 6/6.5 only shows the average VST Performance, so the spikes and fluctuations might look like a normal fluctuation due to the load, especially with a lot of plug-in instances or working at low latencies.
When looking at the Cubase 7/7.5 real-time meter, it might trick into thinking that the performance is much different, but the only way to directly compare the two versions is by comparing the average meter only.

Hope this helps.
by Fabio Bartolini
Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 Bug: VST performance peak?

Ok point taken. Good that you're sharp today! ;-)

I just try to help! ;)

By the way.. Next wrong TWEAK I can hint you about.

"Program scheduler" shall be set to ------> PROGRAM on Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Not "Background Task" like on XP32. ASIO driver is not a "background task".

I can tell you the story about why and so forth just take my word for it. Have it set to wrong setting, "Background Task" on Win 7 and Win 8 will cause problems and will make drop outs on Audio too.

Best Regards
Freddie
by Freddie H
Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic