Search found 28 matches

Return

Re: Big issue: unfreezing bypasses inserts

I can't test this because my C7 trial has expired but I did find a few other problems with the freeze function in C7. You should submit a support ticket and post a properly formatted issue report (i.e. with reproduction, etc.) That is probably why your last one was moved. Here are the details on proper formatting...
https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=32010
HTH
J.L.
by jaslan
Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: APL peaks at starting up C7

I see this every time here too; no idea why. I notice it will also show randomly whilst working on a project, again for no reason it seems. I've not loaded anything else, mainly working in audio, done a little editing, maybe some plugin tweaking - the same work that NEVER sent this meter running into red on C6.5

Sorry, I've no clue.
by Puma0382
Wed May 15, 2013 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sample accurate bouncing?

Good to hear 8-)

Be aware that automation is only part time sample accurate, it's depending on your buffer settings:
https://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=33083
by marQs
Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Explanation Midi fader?

1. As soon as I touch the midi fader, I influence the volume. When I turn it back down completely, I don´t get back to the default state where the signal was coming through, the channel is silent; no more read out. Is the midi fader a fader usually left untouched? Best to hide those in the Mixconsole to avoid confusion and just use the audio fader?
When you touch it you have sent a volume change cc7 to Halion, whereas up till then no cc7 had been sent. Thereafter, to control the midi volume you have to send the corresponding cc7 message (with the fader or any other way.) Personally, I don't use midi volume too much, because for the VSTs I use the mod wheel or velocity is used.

2. When the midi fader is turned up 100% the midi notes on the track are not hitting volume 127. There still is dynamic range. Why is that? What´s the use then: if I want things louder, I can turn the audio fader up?
I dunno, but see above...

3. I forgot... Will post it when I remember.
:lol: :lol:
by SteveInChicago
Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Problem: Selecting clip activates solo??

This is definitely some confusion in preferences.

Double click on the clip should open editor of the clip. This is default settings. Try to check your settings.

Try to save your preferences, and after this, try to load default settings. Try to do the same with your Key Commands.

If it doesn't help, try to trash preferences (you should backup it, before trashing).

In the Preferences > Editing, there is Track Selection Follows Event Selection. Is it check? I didn't find, which combination of Preferences > Editing > Project & MixConsole could repeat your behaviour, but maybye, some can.
by Martin.Jirsak
Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Embracer & Monologue missing in 6.5 to 7 upgrade

I found various places:

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 6\VSTPlugins\Synth

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 6\VST XMLs\Steinberg Media Technologies\Embracer

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 6\VST XMLs\Steinberg Media Technologies\Monologue
by Makumbaria
Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trilian Bass automation question

It should be 96 under "Midi Channel" > "All CC" in the automation drop down menu.

Here's a midi CC chart for Trilogy. I'm guessing its probably the same with Trillian.
by Stealth
Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 Bug: VST performance peak?

That seems really weird. It's difficult to imagine what general setting in a computer or DAW setup would cause such a specific problem with one synth patch. Your signature says you're using Windows 7 and your video looks like you've turned off visual effects in Windows. Have you tried changing this back to 'let Windows decide what's best'? Have you got up to date graphic drivers?

Steve.
by plectrumboy
Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Could it be the patch loading a specific sample file that is corrupted / fragmented or something?
by Keith99
Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can anyone who´s on a PC and has Omnisphere please try to see if he/she experiences the same thing? The patch is called "Organic Rhodes Chill". To me it happens in Cubase 7 as well. That might narrow things down further.

I notice a huge load on this preset, much higher than any other.
Occationally it goes up to 50% when the rest is around 5-10...
by Smedberg
Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi Steve,
I´ve switched the visual effects back on, but that doesn´t help unfortunately. I thought turning those off is supposed to save CPU power though? Graphic drivers are up to date...
I think you'll find different opinions about this - I've gone with the argument that says if you let Windows decide and it decides to run some or all of the visual effects, then this graphics load will be taken by your graphics card, with the perhaps unexpected outcome that your CPU has more power available for other tasks (such as Cubase).

I notice a huge load on this preset, much higher than any other.
Occationally it goes up to 50% when the rest is around 5-10...
That's just baffling - at least two Omnisphere users having this one anomaly with one patch. Wouldn't it be interesting to know whether Spectrasonics have had a number of similar queries, and if so whether they are solely from Cubase users.

Steve.
by plectrumboy
Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hi tried it and no spikes. mind you I have my audio (motu) set in the control panel to 44.1, 1024 buffer and "u se wave RT for windows audio " ticked. I ticked this a long time ago instead of " use stereo pairs for windows audio" after I was getting crazy spikes all over the place. it seems to do the job...... so far not a single spike. im not over technical minded so... it may work for you, just dont know what the difference in sound quality etc. seems fine to me and my buddies though
by tex
Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Are you talking abou the VST Performance meter in Cubase or the meter in teh top right corner of Omnisphere?
I'm getting a higher reading than normal compared to other patches in Omnisphere but neither of my meters are going over 50%.
by Brad Mize
Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seeing very similar problems here - the average load is spiking badly - and then maxing out for minutes at a time even when not playing - weirdly enough the real-time load is nowhere near this so not sure how the average can be higher? Anyway haven't noticed much in the way of dropouts - until this evening when I've had a few. Runs on 7.06 no problem. Think there is a bug in there somewhere. Other than this 7.5 has been ace.
by smapmap
Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am noticing the same issue here with VST perf. spikes, now resulting in audio clipping, redline.........I checked task manager and the CPU is running around 5-35%. my settings are 48KHZ 1024 buffer, PC i7 chip 3rd gen, 32 gigs memory. SSD and usb 3 drives run majority of plug ins.

I am noticing it now because I am building a big template in prep for a score, so ramping up with 7 instances of omnisphere, about 4 x Kontakt 5's, and an assortment of other Vst's, about 25 total ........about 100 midi tracks + audio tracks to mirror...........

also getting some bad behavior with an omnisphere exception error when I close a project, however my memory usage is under 50%..........spectrasonics support had no more to offer than re-install the latest plug in update, delete old DLL I will need to call them back.

So as much as I like the new features, this engine does seems to have a bug, as a long time Cubase user, this version is the most unstable in my studio environment when under the pressure of large projects.
by indiescore
Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

@ Outlander: Thanks, will try that. In your thread "Opinion after 7 days with Cubase 7..." I see some screenshots you´ve posted of the VST performance. If I´m not mistaking you use Windows Classic visual settings. Any comment on whether or not to use that too, since that is also a discussion here?

LOL Well spotted! Yes Windows "Classic" look is ever present here! Starts off with the optimize for efficiency in the system setting, chose a simple color desk top because it's surprising aw many CPU cycles can be used to just maintain a desktop image!

But really,just choosing a windows classic feel and smaller items for the start button at a lower font size and other tweaks is far more appealing (and easier/quicker to work on!) here anyway! Mostly because silent (no fan) graphics card needs to take care of whats on screen in a non game environment. So whats the point of having everything set up and tweaked/overclocked to perform as an all singing, all dancing DAW whilst, at the same time, allowing games to get priority on a system that doesn't play games?

Its all matter of taste and preferences, though if it's a (exclusive) DAW machines, it should be set up as one, yes?

There are lot of other tweaks that can be done, for sample, going through your start-up programs. do you really need to have all then loaded? Check the system services that are running, do you really want auto checks and updates running in the background?No of course not, so get rid of them I say! All those cpu cycles. robbing resources from the DAW!

Many thanks to garyB for these tweaks, the guys a genius and this machine is far quicker and more reliable since!
by Outsounder
Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FABIO:

Do you know if Steinberg is trying to implement a "bridge" in ASIO-Guard for audio processing on CUDA enabled graphic cards?

This could explain why graphics performance seems so linked to plugin performance in version 7.
by bugishcompany
Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

@Freddie: Can you tell me how I can get there to change this setting please? So I can try this.

And overall: There is a lot of talk about mouse movements related to performance respons, but I started the thread while I had difficulties using vsti´s (like Omnisphere) with a midicontroller, no mouse. I´m not saying there´s no relationship, but I feel the thread is going into another direction now. Correct me if I´m wrong.

Here you go!

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/24129-processor-scheduling-adjust-performance-windows.html

Processor scheduling on Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 manage processor resources for the best performance.
It shall be on "Programs" because ASIO-driver is not background services on these systems.

ASIO-driver on XP32 is another story. The "Processor scheduling" should be set to "Background services" ON XP32 ONLY instead. But that is only on XP32 only.
It were RME Mattias Carstens @ RME that found this tweak on XP32. It was meant to solve driver issue with specific RME cards in 90ths with XP32.

If you ask Mattias he also will say exactly as I do on Windows 7 and Windows 8. It shall be set to "Programs" because ASIO-drivers is not background services on these new systems.

Still people keep doing all these old XP tweaks on their new systems with out having any clue "why" or "what" they continue to do so? Then they come to all kinds of FORUMS, moan that every s-ucks...and I don't know what... PC and Cubase sucks too. It actually comes down to that they have actually f-u-cked up the system them self with all XP tweaks that they shouldn't had done in the first place.

Anyway, I hope now that at least some of you use the correct information I gave you.
If you do everything will work better! ;)

Best Regards
Freddie
by Freddie H
Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Iro: Track Color Pack for Cubase

http://seyoum.net/pictures/Logo.jpg

Hi everyone.

This is a neat little color pack I made for Cubase 7.5. For me, the default colors were not enough as I tend to have a lot of tracks, often with the same instruments, but with variations. It takes a considerable long time to make a set of new colors so I thought I would share it with you guys so you don't need to do this yourself. Am I not grateful? :D

http://dawlab.net/pictures/Iro.jpg

The pack consists of 8 different main colors with 8 additional shades of each color. 64 colors in total!
Once you install the colors I suggest you do not tamper too much with the intensity/brightness as this can cause some of the colors to look alike. Yes, I did this myself and had to redo everything.

Please see the link to my blog for installation: http://www.dawlab.net/2014/04/26/iro-2-0/

I do not have the privilege to test this on a mac or different versions of Cubase. If you are able to successfully apply these colors on another system please share how you did it.

Hope you enjoy it!

Seyoum
by seyoum
Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Iro: Track Color Pack for Cubase

but on existing projects: only the "old" colors show up.

But the colors are only available in new projects.

At the bottom of your colour list is the Project Colours menu...open this and then from options select "Load program defaults to current set".
Be aware that this will mess up any colour selecting you have already done....this is presumably why Cubase doesn't do it by default.
by Grim
Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

@Grim: I know, I saw that after your advice.

But, since I changed to this new color scheme, I no longer have those options there, only the new colors are there and "default color", which does nothing...

That´s why.

In the meantime I´ll refert back to the default Steinberg color scheme, unless you have another good tip for me (I´m serious here).

Kind regards,

Charles

You can add more colors to this new color scheme. At least I was able to.
I like to use the color white for tracks that are only feeding side chains.
Scroll all the way down to the bottom and use "select colors"
Everything you need is in there. (Seriously)
by Rotund
Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh I probably am, but again (and this time see the picture):

Your picture only shows the top of the colour list.....the menu you want is at the bottom of the list.
by Grim
Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks, looks good.
now that we have so many colors is there a way to open the color set in 2 or more rows, instead of scrolling down to invisible colors at bottom ?
by mozizo
Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Halion 4.5.4 update Error Code 1603

Hi)

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19969&hilit=+1603

I would suggest using this method... Worked for me for cubase.. Maybe it will work for you and halion..

At this step : "-Select Cubase from the list" - select halion..

Gluck;)
by ggc
Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CC information doesn´t show up (in Cubase 7.5)

I think you are confusing the CC automation with track automation. The morph filter is not a MIDI plugin and as such won't have a "CC" assigned to it's parameters. What you have to do is assign the parameter you want to control to a QC and then use the generic remote setup to map a CC to that QC slot.
by JMCecil
Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have you looked in the Key Editors' controller lanes for this data? It is probably there.

Check out the CC Automation Setup menu item, aka MIDI Controller Automation Setup.
by SteveInChicago
Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I tried to set up Auto LFO and tried both controller type 3 and 70 but neither respond. Can you tell me what I do wrong?
What you are trying to do (if I am reading correctly) is somewhat more complicated than you might think (but not impossible ;) )..
Are you trying to get the Auto LFO to control QC1? (in this case, it is easier to use VST Quick Controls rather than Track Quick Controls)
If so, for that to happen, the input of the VST Quick Controls Device (i.e. the Device Panel) has to "see" the output from the Auto LFO, in other words, the output from a MIDI track, which has the Auto LFO inserted on it, has to be routed as the input to the QC Device Panel. For that, you will need some external MIDI Loopback software (unless you are on Mac, in which case that would be the built-in IAC Bus).
That means you have to either create a 2nd MIDI track (with the Auto LFO inserted on it), routed to the MIDI Loopback (or add a MIDI Send to the the original MIDI track) and the VST QC Device Panel has to have the Loopback return as its input.
Reading all that back, yes it does seem a little more complicated than it may be worth, but it does in fact work ;)... the Auto LFO will control the input to VST Quick Controls, on the MIDI channel from the track on which the Auto LFO is inserted, and you'd set the Auto LFO's "Controller Type" to the CC# number that corresponds with the desired QC slot (in the VST Quick Controls Device Panel)

There is probably some much simpler way of doing all that :oops: :P.
by vic_france
Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There is actually something else you could try..
Instead of using the Auto LFO, why not simply use one of the "wave" options of the Line Tool, to write the LFO directly on the Automation curve of the desired parameter. See page 283 of the manual for how to draw the waves in sync to the grid.
by vic_france
Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic