Search found 7 matches

Return

Re: Project Sample Rate Conversion

I did eventually solve this - with no help whatsoever from the N6 user manual!

I tried every combination of the available options and eventually found out that it was necessary to set my hardware back to 48kHz then UN-Freeze all VST Instruments and then save the project and exit the program before resetting the system to 44.1kHz, restarting N6 and going through all of the Sample Rate Adjustment options until I happened upon a combination that worked - that was the day done.

Searching through the PDF user manual (which is not kept up-to-date by Steinberg when updates are released - so all of us have out-of-date manuals) I could find no references at all to any of the options that come up when attempting to change the sample rate of a project when launching the program.

Could somebody from Steinberg please update the user manual with appropriate documentation? - It will be a benefit to you (fewer support calls) and the users (no more stabbing in the dark all day long).
by fenderchris
Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Control Room Cue Send Setup with iC Pro App

I've just been playing around with the Cubase iC Pro app for Android with N6 and must say that using it to set up cue mixes is much more intuitive, faster and easier than trying to do it with the unpopular Control Room and the squashed up Cue Send rack on the N6 mix console.

For a start, all the faders are VERTICAL! - You just select the Cue Send you want to set up, 1 to 4 (although this should be 1 - 8 by now - we have been asking for this for what seems like years) and the app displays a vertical fader for every track that it is possible to include in a cue mix + one for the selected cue mix level itself. It is then simply a matter of switching on the tracks you want in the cue mix and setting the level and pan for each one.

This is how it should have been in the N6 MixConsole and Control Room.
by fenderchris
Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nuendo 6.5?

AFAIAC I don't feel I want to have to pay for another release that is just a further bug-fix with a few new features thrown in so that it can be charged for (Bass management? !). Fix the product first, then think about new, 'must-have', features.

Based on N6 so far, new features only bring problems and alienation of the user-base.

I'm still trialing N6 and although there are some things I like, I am not yet convinced that it is an improvement on N5.5.6. In terms of work-flow it is definitely not better, and the Toytown Control Room still needs a rethink and more than 4 sends.

A lot of version numbers can be fitted in between 6.0.7 and 6.5 which could be used to fix things and restore customer faith, before a new-feature release.
by fenderchris
Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cue Sends

I must say that I am really enjoying using the 4 Cue Sends available in Nuendo via the iCPro. The musicians love it and it saves me a lot of time as they now build their own monitor mixes.

However, it does highlight the fact the 4 sends is just not enough - everyone wants to set up their own mix now!

I think that 8 sends would be more than enough for most situations, but 4 is clearly not.

Please Steinberg, when can we have more?
by fenderchris
Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nuendo 6.5?

I have been using Nuendo since version 1 and I do NOT recall ever having to pay for a .5 version. Where is the "traditionally" statement coming from ?
Especially with this disaster that is Nuendo 6.
After 25+ years of using Steinberg products starting with Cubase 1 I moved over to Pro Tools for recording and mixing mid last year but still kept Nuendo for composing. However every time I open it I can't get over the ugly mixer and the amount of crashes things that prior to N6 had never been issues.

I wholeheartedly agree that at the very least Steinberg should NOT charge for this release and focus on fixing what used to be a great product. Also stop with the features nobody is asking for and focus on features that have been asked for for ages now... actually stop with new features all together until you have a stable product again.

My 2 cents

I quite agree. I've been around since the PRO24 days. Some time ago, when I was refitting the studio, I was being pressurised to change to ProTools but resisted it only because I did not want to have to learn a new interface. Now, with the ever present issues and unwanted changes and new features I think I should have made the change. I'm also fed up with valid feature requests being ignored for years.

A .5 update indicates to me that the version is only halfway there and therefore should not be charged for. I can't recall having to pay for a bug fix update midway through a version cycle either.

I have no idea what new features are being thrown in to n6.5 to justify an update charge, but I do know that I don't want them - what I do want is bugs to be fixed and the interface fixed so that it works as smoothly as previous versions.
by fenderchris
Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

Rommelaar wrote:Great update, no more Vsti dropouts, and now I can have a buffersize of 128 in my audio-interface without pops and CLICKs.

This is weird - some people seem to be reporting INCREASED latency after installing the update.
by fenderchris
Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic