Search found 6 matches

Return

Re: Cubase iC Pro for Android available now!

Ad hoc networks are by definition between wireless devices, if I'm not mistaken.
by Lydiot
Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: N6.5 Installation woes

Yes. Sorry about that.

1. Did 6.5 crash before all the settings you made?
2. Are you familiar with the Link in the Steinberg folder in the Start Menu that takes you to the Nuendo Data Folder? Most (all?) of the settings live in there.
3. If you feel technically confident, open that folder and make a copy to another drive. You will see that most of the settings you mentioned are pretty clearly labeled. Most are XML files, which you can click on and look at. Make no changes to those files while they are opened. Just a way to see what's up behind the scenes. I found it informative.
4. Repeat....I would save that folder to not lose your work.
5. If it was me, I would completely remove and then reinstall 6.5 fresh.
6. Then, using the Start Menu links, I would open the Data folders for both 6 and 6.5. I would copy the relevant files for the settings you mention FROM the N6 folder TO the N6.5 folder, launching 6.5 and checking progress as you go.
7. That should copy all your current settings from 6 to 6.5. In theory, you could copy the whole folder over.
8. Not sure why it didn't happen automatically. Could have something to do with Trial vs Full versions, I suppose.
9. You can always copy your recently made 6.5 folder back over, but since it doesn't work......maybe not.

In any event, depending on your disposition, it's an exercise in learning about what goes on behind the scenes in Nuendo. I have ended up accomplishing some customizations using these folders and their contents.

Good luck. Hope this helps and makes up for the hijacking!
by Getalife2
Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Muting question.

This is normal if you have the preference 'VST -> Group Channels: Mute Sources as well' enabled.

I would suggest disabling the tracks rather than muting or use the control room to do a stereo mute/unmute.
by likelystory
Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [BUG?] Are Midi parts humanised in Nuendo?

OK, I tested this again the same way and timing seems spot on for me for all tracks:

Audio click sound (one event repeated multiple times)
Audio click sound bounced

Midi Click Sound
Midi Click Sound bounced

They all line up. Any ideas on what could be causing it then? Trilian?
by Sunshy
Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Naming Events

In Preferences I have 'Show Event Names' and 'Parts Get Track Names' checked (Events/Parts? - confusing terminology :? )

Most likely you are working with only (or mostly) EVENTs.
If you select several events and then select "Events to parts" this will turn All the events selected into a part, [a wrapper containing the selected events] which will treat all the selected events as 1 item. So don't get fixated on parts unless you want that feature. I have been on Nuendo for 10 years and never used parts.

Usually, when I record a Track the resultant audio file (Event/Part?) gets the name of the Track that it is on, but sometimes this does not happen. Not sure why - maybe because I need to ensure that I name the Track before recording the Part. Anyway, I end up with a Track with a name and an audio Part/Event(?) with a generic name like 'Audio 01_01'

For the recorded files (events) to automatically get the name of the track you Must enter the name Before you engage record.

how can the name of the part now be changed?
Changing the name of the Track does not work, even though 'Parts Get Track Names' is checked.
I've tried to edit the part in the Project window and in the Pool, but the only thing I can find is 'Rename Objects' but I don't think a Part/Event can be renamed with that option.

There are several ways to rename.
1. Open the info line, you can change the field called "File Name'. I will describe 'Description' in another option below

2. open the project browser (ctrl-B) you can change the 'file' name which is the name of the file on your hard drive and/or you can change the 'name' field which adds title info within brackets to the end of the file name. This ends up being the same as the 'Description' field in the info line (will show you soon).

3. In the pool. Select the file you want to rename (hint if the event is selected in the project, the 'find selected in pool' key command will open the pool window and highlight the file(s) selected so you can find the file quickly) So... select the file in the pool, double click on the name field and change the name.

4. open the track name field, enter the name, then hold Alt while pressing enter, this will add the name just entered, but as a prefix to the file name. in other words if the recorded files says ' Audio-1 ' and you enter ' Fenderchris ' in the name field and press Alt-enter, the resultant name will be
' Fenderchris (Audio-1) '. Notice if you look at the info line the 'Description' field show Fenderchris and the 'File' name is Audio-1 . you can change this so the Description and the file name are the same by copying the name you want from the 'description' field into the 'file' field.
You can do the same thing in the project browser by 'name' field into the 'file' field.

Using the rename function either in the pool or from the project window only adds prefix-postfix info, it will not allow you to comprehensively change the file name like the other methods listed.

Supposedly you can use the project logical editor to change a collection of file names, but I have not had the results I want and tend to change the names manually if they need changing.

Are Events Parts, are Parts Objects, are Objects Events? - a conundrum.
Parts are a collection of events.

Hope this helps,
Brain
by Brain
Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Touch Screens

Hugh, are you using touch screens to work with Nuendo?
by Darren The Musical
Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic