Search found 19 matches

Return

SOLVED: C7.5 Start-up Error

Just done an install of C7.5 on new Win 8.1 PC.

Attempting to start Cubase fails with an error at "Initialising Video Player":-

Error: LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

James

UPDATE

Seems that the AMD Catalyst Drivers for Windows 8 are missing a registry entry.

When Cubase requests OpenGL access it loads an AMD dynamic link library. This then uses the registry to load the OpenGL component as specified by OpenGLVendorName (64-bit) or OpenGLVendorNameWow (32-bit). Although the code is actually there the registry entry for 64-bit machines is absent.

How to Fix:

Use Notepad to copy and paste the following registry entry into a file and save it with a .reg extension.

Double click the file to "run" it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000]
"OpenGLVendorName"=hex(7):61,00,74,00,69,00,6f,00,36,00,61,00,78,00,78,00,2e,\
00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,00,00,61,00,74,00,69,00,6f,00,36,00,61,00,78,00,78,00,\
2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,00,00,00,00

Seems to have solved the issue here. My next challenge is to get a legacy Firewire driver for Win 8.1 to resolve the audio pops and clicks (thanks Microsoft!).
by Jenks
Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7 Dedicated Keyboard/keycaps?

I can also confirm that Editor Keys works just great with 7.5
by Jenks
Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Merging audio tracks - where in manual?

One of the things I really want to learn in Cubase is how to combine one audio track with another so that I can jump in and out of good takes and end up with one, master, good take from, say, 4 or 5 takes.

I think you're talking about comping here. Here's one of the many videos which you might like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSzJAjYE_rc
by Jenks
Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASIO DIRECTX FULL DUPLEX SETUP DIALOG

You may need to have the ASIO4ALL driver installed to use this:

http://www.asio4all.com/
by Jenks
Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Process Bars

This is the opposite of "Delete Time" above:

With no events selected, set the number of additional bars you need using the locators. Menu Edit/Range/Insert Silence.

Cubase will split your tracks at the first locator and insert the number of blank bars indicated between the locators. All tempo events move with the insertion.
by Jenks
Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 and sending MIDI Program Changes

Assuming your synth has been set to receive Bank Select messages on the MIDI channel you're using then you should certainly be able to select the bank you want using the inspector. The implication from your manual is that A=1, B=2, C-3 and D=4 (since these are LSB values and the MSB=0).
by Jenks
Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

See Cubase Manual:-

Page 126, 460 and 466

If you haven't already been there!
by Jenks
Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No sound from my VST instrument

Load the Halion VST as a track instrument and create a MIDI track for it.

When you play on the keyboard can you see activity on the MIDI monitor?

If not, then check your physical and soft MIDI connections.

If you can see activity check the MIDI routing and track monitoring settings on the track inspector for the MIDI track:-

Is the Halion VST routed to an output bus?
Does the MIDI track routed to the Halion VST have its monitoring turned on?
by Jenks
Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: how to normalize all track heights in arranger??

or ALT and adjust track height on Windows.
by Jenks
Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've created a MIDI file for you to test the Bank Select messages. You can get it from here:-

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42198640/Bank%20Select%20Test.mid

Import the file into Cubase, check that the inspector is showing the track outputting to your Nord and then hit play.

If the Nord is responding to Bank Select messages (and they are what you said above) then you should hear a scale being played on different instruments in different banks one after the other.
by Jenks
Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As you say, you can do this from the inspector (if you know the bank select values you need for the Stage 2).

Another way of working is to actually enter the MIDI events at the start of the track rather than using the inspector. One advantage(?) of this way of working is that you can include programme change commands within the track.

The first bar of the project is typically used to set up all the MIDI devices. So,using the MIDI List Editor, a track might start with:-

Bank Select (LSB, MSB)
Programme Change

One way to see how this works is to import a GM file (with Extract First Patch, Extract First Volume/Pan, Import Controller as Automation Tracks all disabled), select a track and open the MIDI list editor. At the start of each track you should see all the MIDI controller and program changes required to initialise the track.

(If there's a SysEx track in the file then there may not be Bank Select Messages on the tracks but, nevertheless, you should see the technique.)
by Jenks
Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There are 2 Bank Select messages:

Bank Select MSB (Most Significant Byte) = MIDI Controller 0
Bank Select LSB (Least Significant Byte) = MIDI Controller 32

The banks are selected by preceding the Program Change message with a Control Change message which specifies a new value for Controller 0 and Controller 32 .

You can insert both the Bank Select controller and Program Change messages from the MISI list editor.

Since the MIDI specification does not describe the manner in which a synthesizer's banks are to be mapped to Bank Select messages, there is no standard way for a Bank Select message to select a specific bank. You need to check the manual for the Stage 2 to see what Bank Select values you need to send to select banks A to D.
by Jenks
Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How Cubase should be! Features we'll love to have on our

I think you might be in the wrong forum; perhaps you should visit the Features and Requests sub-forum.
by Jenks
Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

This is weird - some people seem to be reporting INCREASED latency after installing the update.

There may be a subtlety working here.

I have seen a very slight increase in the average "VST Performance" meter (green bar) but now the real-time value (red bar) is not randomly hitting the top (for no obvious reason) and causing an overload indication on the virtual LED at the top of the meter.

I can easily get the average VST Performance back down again by increasing the buffer size in the ASIO driver (thereby increasing latency). There is no point, in my set-up, since the average VST Performance is still less than 20% on the meter and the random real-time peaking that used to occur has now stopped (or at least significantly reduced). In fact, I can now reduce the buffer size (and therefore the latency) without the average performance going above 25%. Others though may have had their average VST performance nudged "over the edge" and so have to increase the buffer size (and therefore latency) to compensate.

This might go some way to account for some of us reporting less latency and other more.
by Jenks
Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase AI LE Elemets 7 recording

Assuming you're using Windows and the ASIO Direct Sound Full Duplex driver, seeing two IN and two OUT busses from the Audiogram6 seems to be correct.

The busses labelled " Microphone (USB Audio Codec)-1) " and " Microphone (USB Audio Codec)-2 " are the outs from the Audiogram6 (INs to Cubase). The Audiogram6 regards these as a stereo pair.

The busses labelled " Speakers (USB Audio Codec)-1 " and " Speakers (USB Audio Codec)-2 " are the ins to the Audiogram6 (OUTs from Cubase). The Audiogram regards these, also, as a stereo pair.

The philosophy of the Audiogram seems to be that it takes the external audio inputs (microphones, guitars etc) and mixes them into a stereo bus. It is this stereo bus Cubase has access to.

Channels 3/4 and 5/6 are presented as stereo. If you plug an input into the L & R sockets on these channels, the signal will appear on the L & R stereo output bus with whatever gain and compression you've added on the Audiogram6. Note though that there is no pan/balance control on any of the Audiogram6 channels. Therefore, the stereo image of the original signal will be faithfully reproduced on the stereo outputs.

If you only plug into the L sockets of either Channels 3/4 or 5/6 then the input will be treated as a mono signal and divided equally between the L & R stereo output .

As I understand it, you are only using the microphone channels 1 and 2. These are presented as two separate physical channels each with its own gain and compression settings. These channels can be linked together as a stereo pair (like channels 3/4 and 5/6).

There is a latching button switch between Channels 1 and 2. This switch allows channels 1 and 2 to be used either as separate mono channels or as a stereo pair. When set to MONO, channels 1 and 2 function as independent mono channels feeding both the L and R STEREO OUT jacks. When set to STEREO, input channels 1 and 2 function as a stereo pair: the channel 1 signal feeds the L STEREO OUT jack and the channel 2 signal feeds the R STEREO OUT jack.

To be clear:-

If the switch is set to MONO then both microphone signals will be sent to BOTH the L & R output channels (ie panned to the centre of the stereo image).

If the switch is set to STEREO then the signal from the microphone in Channel 1 will be sent to the L output channel and the signal from the microphone in Channel 2 will be sent to the R output channel.

For what I think you want to do (record each microphone's signal separately), you need this switch in the STEREO position.

Then, as I explained a few days ago, you should set up Cubase with:-

1) Your microphones connected to Channels 1 and 2 of the Audiogram6

2) In VST Connections Inputs create a mono bus (call it "Mic 1") and connect it to " Microphone (USB Audio Codec)-1) " and a second mono bus (call it "Mic 2") and connect it to " Microphone (USB Audio Codec)-2) "

3) Create two mono audio tracks in the project. On the inspector for the first track set the input for the track to "Mic 1" and the second track to "Mic 2".

Make sure the switch on the Audiogram6 is set to STEREO .

Record arm both tracks and hit record on the transport.

You will be recording the microphone in Channel 1 of the Audiogram6 to the first Cubase track, and the microphone in Channel 2 of the Audiogram6 to the second Cubase track.

(NB I'm assuming you know how to set up your stereo out from Cubase back to the Audiogram6 so I've not explained that)
by Jenks
Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can someone please explain the "ASIO Latency Compensatio

If you perform a live recording on a VST instrument, you usually compensate the latency of the audio card by playing earlier. In consequence, the timestamps are recorded too early. If you activate the “ASIO Latency Compensation” button on the track list, all recorded events are moved by the current Latency setting.
by Jenks
Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MIDI Playing Back Early

I have just learnt from another thread that there is a compatibility issue with the Motif XS VST editor (and therefore the Motif XS extension which relies on it) and C8.

My guess is that there maybe a similar issue with the MOX VST editor/extension.

I'm told a new version of the XS editor should be available before the end of January.
by Jenks
Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MOTIF VSTi Editor 1.6.4 not compatible with C8

There seems to be an acknowledgement that there is a problem with the VSTi editors with C8 on the MAC

https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/mac-os-x-compatibility-information-on-yamaha-software-products-with-cubase-8.html

Does anyone know if a similar acknowledgement exists for C8 on Win?
by Jenks
Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic