Search found 41 matches

Return

Re: Cubase 7 - 8 ?

Hello,

Postby Crossroads » 02 Sep 2013 21:22

I know there is a time frame around September - October with the new release of Cubase 8. Any idea when?

Last year I missed it by 1-2 weeks and Steinberg didn't wanted to offer me any possibility even tough i was close enough to that period.

I am sorry to hear this, but we have to set a date at some point and respect it, otherwise it will be pointless.

Carlos post has confused me, do I get the grace period if I BUY or if I ACTIVATE the old version in the 4 weeks grace period?
thanks

The grace period is based on the activation date, not the purchase date.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Poll] Fix the insert handling in the new mixer console?

Hello,

I also find it unfair, where is the option for users that really like it or find it better, to be honest I find the poll quite tendentious. (IMHO)

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Demo-version?

Hello,

Yes, there will be a demo version soon, in the next days we will let you know when will it be available.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C7, Mavericks, MR816X

Hello,

But... maybe I am wrong but this has always been like that, If I am not wrong I had this on Windows 7 as well.
Anyhow, a new driver for the MR for Mac to offer Mavericks compatibility is on its way.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C7, Mavericks, MR816X

Hello all,

Today we have uploaded the new Tools for the MR816 for official compatibility with Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks.

Please find the downloads on the regular download page:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/dow ... mr816.html

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Upgrade to 7.5

Hello demetz,

I am sorry to hear you are going to all this hassle to upgrade your Cubase 7 version.
I am sure there is an easier solution than a round trip to Italy ;) let me see how we can proceed, I will send you further instructions on a PM.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Poor graphic performance

Hello,

Hey guys,

the poor graphic performance of 7.5 (and also 7) by comparison to 6 is really bothering me. I used to work with a latency of 256 samples for my big orchestral template in C6 and everything was super smooth and there were no crackles or whatsoever. Now with 7.5 I have to use 512 samples latency because with 256 there are too many crackles. Are there any things I can do? I did all the DAW performance tuning things!

Have you tried disabling the ASIO-Guard individually for some of the VSTi's in that template?
Go to: Devices > Plug-in information > Disable the ASIO-Guar individually from the list.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7 Elelments Trial to Full

Hello,

You can find the eLicenser Control Center in:

PC: Start > All Programs > eLicenser Control Center
Mac: Applications > eLicenser Control Center

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7 Elelments Trial to Full

Hello NimChimpski,

In case you have purchased the activation code to permanently activate the trial of Cubase Elements 7 you do not need to reinstall the application.
The current installation will do, you only need to enter the activation code to permanently activate the software.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No response from "My Support"

Hello Luis,

Simple, you need to purchase a second USB-eLicenser

Once you receive the second USB-eLicenser connect both elicensers to the computer.
Open the eLicenser Control Center and drag and drop the license you want to transfer into the new eLicenser.
Unfortunately you only have one Mp3 encoder license, which will remain in either of your USB keys.
You have to decide if you really need to encode on both versions or if one will do.
If one is not enough you will have to purchase a second Mp3 encoder license.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Please search the forum before posting.

Hello all,

There is a really good chance that your question has already been asked, and properly answered by other members of the forum.

Please use the search function located at the top right corner of this page, you only need to type int a few words.
E..g. Deleting preferences, Cubase safe start, importing key commands.

This forum is a huge source of information and keeping it uncluttered and tightly is a big task.
Please help us focus our efforts on other areas instead of deleting or merging duplicated threads.

P.S. Son't forget to include your system information on your signature.
"There's a really good chance that certain questions will be answered sooner, and perhaps more correctly." **

** A special thank you to SteveInChicago for this contribution.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

Hello,

sambosun wrote:
Antonio Escobar wrote:No EuCon or Video Out fixes (major errors, btw). Maybe in Cubase 8...

Oh no. And probably also no fix on the editMode which is broken since 7.5.10.

This is not a bug!
That is a Nuendo only feature.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hello,

I really want the clic volume back ... that was the thing I used the most on the control room panel :(
Everything else is great so far but please bring back the clic volume!

It is still there, you have to click on the arrow right under "Main" it will enlarge the main section and you will be able to see click volume control, Listen, Talk Dim, Listen Dim etc...

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hello,

no forgetting the paid downgrades. you also paid for the engineers to go into the code and disable edit mode for scoring to picture in cubase.

Exactly, It was great using the edit mode with 7.5.0, so why did they take it away? I hope they give it back with 7.5.30.

It is not coming back as, I already mentioned on many other posts and threads "Edit Mode" its a Nuendo only feature.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hello,

The video out bug is still here. I've been reporting it for a year now. Awful

The problem with this "bug", is that it is not consistent across all systems, some have it and some don't.
It happens to me sometimes but only when I have left Cubase idle for a couple of hours, then I save the project and close Cubase.
Still we are making some tests and unfortunately we haven't figured out what is causing it.
First we need to know what causes it and then we can fix it.
Do you have a step by step guide to reproduce it?

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [SOLVED]Elements 7 upgrade problem

Hello,

I sent you a link to download an ISO image which contains both installers.
If you are on a PC you will probably need a 3rd party software like DAEMON Tools to open and run the disk image.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/downloads

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Qlink Routing is not working on midi Tracks

Hello,

That is by designed so, it will only change all the MIDI inputs as you mentioned.
This is not an issue.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Fri May 16, 2014 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [SOLVED]switch for 32 bit to 64 bit

Hello,

Kreatummusicstudio wrote:Thanks for your response Guillermo.
Omnisphere is working on 64 bit. So, I have to change it in the plugin instead of in Cubase?

Yes, the GUI was designed by Spectrasonics.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Mon May 19, 2014 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cursor flickering & Auto Scroll jerky

Hello all,

This is a duplicated issue, we already have this under investigation and it is on our collected Issues sub-forum.
Somehow it seems that it is related to the way Windows OS handles the graphics.
We have spotted another DAW that manages this issue by displaying a second window on top of the program that runs a "fake" cursor to avoid this flickering behaviour. A separate thread that handles only the graphic cursor and lays it over.

Which tells us that it has more about the problem, but as I mentioned before it is still under investigation.

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=195&t=54159

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Thu May 22, 2014 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubasis 1.9? Could we see time stretching?

Hello,

We have time stretch already on our feature request list!
Have fun making music with Cubasis now!

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Thu May 22, 2014 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Elements 7 Mixer screen cuts off channels and other prob

Hello,

This might have been caused by corrupted preferences.
Please delete the Cubase Elements 7 preferences folder following the instructions on the link bellow:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/removing-the-preferences-of-the-sequencer/

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Thu May 22, 2014 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubasis 1.8 update available now!

Hello,

First of all, congratulations! This update is amazing!!! I am really impressed.

Now, a minor problem... I am not sure if I'm doing right: I'm trying to insert a PC to program 1, for example, but using the Draw tool the line magnetizes to 0 or 4. I could workaround this problem inserting a PC to 50 a bar before and a PC to 30 in the bar where I want the change, then I select both and move the first PC from 50 to 21, deselect both and delete the first. :) Not too complex, but I am sure that I am doing it wrong.

Anyway, I can control my external hardware (a Digitech GNX4) and change a lot of parameters!

Thanks again for the update! I wish the 1.9 version allows me to change formula and tempo, so I will be really really happy. :)

Automation and MIDI CC drawings are connected to Cubasis' grid settings (located in the sub menu next to quantize).
By choosing one of these settings you're free to place automation points on dedicated positions or independent of the grid (set grid to "OFF" in that case).

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Thu May 22, 2014 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Midi out activity heartbeat peaks in transport cubase 7.

Hello,

This is not an issue I am moving it to the miscellaneous forum.

@Curteye and BriHar: Thank you for your replay and always positive contributions to this forum.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Wed May 28, 2014 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: About to buy Cubase Elements 7

Hello,

Does the trial version have everything I will be able to use after activating it? (Features, VST plugins, presets of these plugins etc...)
It wouldn't be cool if the sounds I've been creating suddenly dissapear... The "libraries" which appear on Halion Sonic SE make me afraid I will miss some of the sounds, for example the "Artist" library. Is this right?

The Trial version is exactly as the full version, the only difference is the license, which means that the trial will expire after the 30 day trial, but for the rest it is exactly the same.

Does Cubase Elements receive minor updates? I know this version doesn't go up to 7.5, but do you guys "fix bugs" of this version or is it a final product with no regular updates?

It did, the latest maintenance update for Cubase Elements 7 was 7.0.7 you can downloaded it from here:
http://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=downloads_cubase_elements_7&L=1

I come from Cubase LE5, which came in a guitar pedal I bought some time ago, does the license work the same as that version? (Online and tied to my account, lets me download if I format, etc...)

Yes, it is soft-eLicenser based just like Cubase LE 5.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [R-6259]Mixdown out of sync when using Elastique algorit

Hello all,

There where so many duplicated reports about this issue linked to each other that it took me a couple of hours to find the father of them all.

We have a developer ready to work on this, but this is a pretty complex fix.
It has to be discuss together with Zplane as it seems there is also work on their side that needs to be done.
This is a huge task, we are ready to work on it but it can only be performed once Zplane delivers something new to us.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Audio Part Editor in Elements 7 not using lanes

Hello,

That it's still posible, but you do not need to move the events into one track, you can select events from different tracks and then select: "Events to Part" leave all the events highlighted (selected) and double click on one of them to open the Audio Part Editor and then you will be able to "comp" the events as you wish.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Installing 7.5 on 2 computers and the e-licencer

Hello,

Thanks 'Dream'
I was more concerned about the e-licencer which as I understand it puts files on the computer during setup. If, for instance, in the future I get rid of the laptop should I transfer the e-licence files to the PC when I install 7.5 on that?

No, do not move any files.

Or am I just seeing things as more complicated than they really are. lol

Yes, Just install Cubase 7.5 again on you new computer, unplug the eLicenser from you old computer and plug it in on the new one, that's all you need to do.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Install v7.5?

Hello,

Yes, you shouldn't have problems with it.
You can find all the installer and updates that you need on our downloads page:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/dow ... se_75.html

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Audiobus live monitoring in Cubasis **Obsolete? Why?**

Hello all,

I will post the same reply here as in the Audiobus thread:
"It is planned to include Audiobus' latest SDK in the upcoming Cubasis update.
Furthermore we will evaluate if Audiobus monitoring will be possible as well."

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 + vista. Video and runtime problems

Hello,

Cubase 7.5 is not supported on VISTA only Windows 7/8/8.1.
It is on the specs and downloads site: http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cu ... loads.html

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Upgrading on a different machine

Hello,

It's the fact that the license resides on the dongle, not on the machine.

You'll launch the Elicenser application, plug in the SX 3 dongle, and update the license. (if 7.5 comes with a new dongle, I suppose you would want to then transfer the license from old dongle to the new.)

Upgrades do not include a dongle, as you should already have one with your previous version.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Registration Failure

Hello,

Last evening, I purchased the Cubase Elements 7 upgrade. This was after my inserting of the Cubase 6 disc that came with my Zoom R16 device. I received the code for the Elements 7 upgrade registration, however when I enter it, comes back as "No License to Upgrade Selectable".

I can't seem to get past this, and I was hoping someone could assist me as to solving this problem?

Please get in contact with the official support, you can do that through your MySteinberg account.
Please make sure that you have a valid Cubase LE 6 or Cubase AI6 license on your soft-eLicenser.
You can verify that on the eLicenser Control Center.
As the error message points, you need a valid Cubase LE 6 or Cubase AI6 license to upgrade from.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [FR] Improve Mac Performance

Hello all,

I am moving this thread to the feature request forum, as its title shows.
We are actually working to improve the performance on the Mac, ASIO-guard was designed to improve the performance on the Mac, but it is only the beginning and the base technology of what should be.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: elicenser activation problem

Hello,

I have deleted the other post on the Issues forum as it was a duplicate.
It could be that you are connecting through a proxy, you have to disable or change the proxy?
It could be that the port 8443 might be blocked.

Web Proxy servers help your ISP save bandwidth, however they often create problems, such as slow browsing and inability to connect to some secure servers. In this case the eLicenser server.

To disable web proxy go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections tab > LAN Settings, and uncheck all boxes (proxy and auto detect).

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [ISSUE]Mackie Control Fader Group Buttons in Cubase 7

Hello all,

I know I am very late to the party but I have some information for you about this subject.
This is intended behaviour. With Cubase 7.0.7 we introduce a new assignment for the Mackie Control buttons to support new support of Cubase 7. For backward compatibility a customer can change the "Bank" to "Compatibility" in the Device Set-up window. This will make the Mackie Control work like before, but the new Cubase 7 functions are not available.

We are working on a Knowledge base article that documents this new specifications.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Melodyne crashing Cubase 7.5.10

Hello all,

Has any one of you reported this to Celemony as well?

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Thu May 08, 2014 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase LE on Windows 7

Hello,

All that information is on our knowledge base:
https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/windows-7-information-on-compatibility-with-steinberg-products.html

If you wan to contact the support you have to send a Support Request Form from your MySteinberg account.

It is not supported but it might work if you run it in compatibility mode.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: elicenser activation problem

Hello,

Does somebody know why the Steinberg registration email never arrives. For several day I followed the activation process for the copy of Cubase 5LE I get with my Alesis io4 interface. The email with the activation link never get in my inbox ( by the way I checked the trash inbox).

Guess what,I use the same email to join this forum, and in seconds, I get the activation email in my inbox.
Is like a dead end, you can't get support because you are not registered, and can't register because need support. This is something weird. Hope somebody out there can help me.

If you are using a gmail account it could have ended up your other folders, please check your social, and promotions tabs, as well as the Junk folder.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [SOLVED]Info about Cubase Elements (academic, two comput

Hello,

Scab Pickens wrote:Elements does not come with a USB-eLicenser. You would need to purchase it separately.

Thank you for the correction, I had a big lapsus Brutus and completely missed the Elements part, thought all the time it was Cubase Educational (full version)

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [R-13242]Eucon (Artist Mix) not following track visibili

Hello all,

This current behaviour is correct and the case since Nuendo 3 & Cubase 4 supports EuCon and is Euphonix`s technology to use their own structure/technology for assigning the channels to corresponding faders stored in
"Layers" for the surface. So, basically this "Eucon (Artist Mix) should follow track visibility" is a feature request and not a bug.
We have already implemented the "Mixer mirror" feature/option but cannot be delivered on the current EuCon(version 2) adapter.
We are waiting for the delivery of the next EuCon(version 3) adapter. As soon as we support EuCon 3, this
functionality (mixer mirror/track visibilty) will be available & usable.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Right-aligned channel render issue (not fixed by R-8931)

Hello,

No I was not, but I am on a Mac, I will re-open the issue and place a new note in the case.
Perhaps it is something different.

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic