Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: sharing user sounds thread !

Sounds good.

Also could be useful for finding existing sounds.
I'm looking for a sparkly fairy dust kind of sound, like chiming little bells in the wind. I'm sure there are options in the media bay, but don't know where to start.

Surely could be a user sound section for these purposes.

Check the factory content, and filter to the layer presets. There are a few of these there, as I love those kinds of sounds too.
by Cantankerous
Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HALION 5

I'm moving to new windows 8 desktop. Installing up to date software as well as streamlining system.

Thinking about moving to Halion Sonic 2 or Halion 5, following positive reviews including on this forum.

Has anyone tried loading Kontakt nki files into Halion (or Sonic)? Is it easy and works well? This would help me migrate some favourite sounds, maybe get back to one workstation...hooray.

Hi there, HALion Sonic 2 will NOT accept the loading of third party files, as it is meant to be an all in one workstation, so will only load its only file format. HALion 5 is what will allow you to load third party content and tweak to your hearts delight. HALion 5 does load nki files, however, not all of them. I believe it will not load any nki files created on versions of Kontakt later than 4 and it will not load nki files that are protected. Any nki files created from Kontakt 4 and below, which are not protected, will behave just fine.

Best of luck and have fun with HALion 5, it really is a brilliant piece of software that is bound to bring you much joy, fun and creativity to your projects.
by Cantankerous
Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Slicing in Halion 5

Hi there, C1-B2 are off limits unfortunately, they are designated by default to play the full loop as is sliced, however, at different keys for pitch differences. If you have the randomize function enabled, these keys will also play that pattern, as set. These keys are shown in light green for this reason. The keys in white are your actual slices. Dragging and dropping the midi pattern from the slice player also automatically assigns the slices starting at C3.
by Cantankerous
Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Slicing in Halion 5

Not a problem at all, I am glad I could help. This is by design and works quite well in how it is incorporated. Just get used to starting your slices at C3 and you will be fine.
by Cantankerous
Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic