Search found 27 matches

Return

News and announcement about the next Cubuse 7 update?

Any news or announcement about the next Cubase 7 update going to be release?

I think its more then me that just wonder when... :)

I'm amazed how stable DAW Cubase 7 is on Windows 7 x64 in my everyday work. Its really a Top professional product.
Cubase 7 are the one of the best Cubase version that I had the pleasure to work with so far. ;)

Thanks in advance and for making a outstanding product, Steinberg Team.

Best Regards
Freddie
by Freddie H
Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: this'll change everything 14 nov

Aloha guys. Just to chime in.
The world is my studio.

+1

That's what this whole thing is about.

"Steve Vai and Herbie Hanc0ck came to my bedroom and played on a track for me".

1-Imagine if your client was willing to pay $$ for
George Benson (from his home laptop) to play over the sketch guit part you wrote
or Steve Gadd play over your basic drum groove etc.

2-Or you are a classical pianist and now you actually playing/recording
that million $ piano in Veinna or Paris or New York etc
(in your housecoat and underware at 4am) :) via MIDI.

To create an outline of a song and get some of the greatest
musicians in the world (or nice players/friends you know) to do the actual playing on it is IMHO
truly a game changer.

And while I totally agree with 'TheNavigator'
I would prefer my BFD 3 over almost any real drum recording nowadays

The 'sounds' are there yes but how good is our performance using this tech
compared with a pro studio drummer?
Those lil tiny nuances can't alway be done with tech alone.

That being said;
to get a Steve Gadd/Alan Morgen to play your BFD drums on a track
would be the best of both worlds and now it is not only
possible but also (if this all works as planned) very easy to set-up
and operate.

Of course all licensing and $$ issues would have to be negotiated first but
imagine being able to say:
'I've got a session scheduled with Leo Kottke and B.B. King coming up'.
And really mean it. :)

And the door is now wide open for 'vox's'.

So many of us create great work but can't sing very well (or at all).
I can imagine a 'data base' of singers all around the world
waiting and willing to give our work a go.
Kinda like a plug-in; if you don't like that one, just try another one.

One question tho'.
Does/can the client version show any notation/scoring info on that end?
So players can read from a manuscript/chart.

Future looks bright. To use or not to use. At least we now have even more options.
I'm giving George a call :)
{'-'}
by curteye
Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

Cubase 7.0.6 is full of bugs and crashes frequently and now a paid upgrade??? Steinberg, what planet are you on?
Is it? Does it? I find 7.0.6 reasonably stable. That not said there isn't the original crash, but on the vast majority of the crash occasions some third-party plug-ins were involved. Try this: Install only the OS and Cubase on a second drive (no drivers, no 3rd-party plugins, etc). Is it still unstable? If not, then something else is causing your crashes! Install your drivers one by one test and restart you system between each install. Note the install order. If Cubase becomes unstable after you've installed, let's say "x1.vst".

Remove all plug-ins. Now reinstall "x1.vst". Is Cubase still unstable? If yes, this plug-in is not fully compatible with Cubase. If not, then proceed and install and test the other plug-ins on your list in the reverse order, until Cubase becomes unstable again with, let's say "y1.vst".

Now remove all 3rd-party plug-ins again and reinstall "x1.vst" and "y1.vst". Is Cubase still unstable. If yes, you've found the cause "x1.vst" and "y1.vst" are incompatible with each other. If not, you may need to test with adding other plug-ins between "x1.vst" and "y1.vst" on your list. Sometimes a combination of 3 or more plug-ins are needed to cause the problem.

Yes, this is quite a bit of work, but you'll find the real culprits. There is no point in bantering on Steinberg or Cubase for problems caused by someone else. I am sure that the majority of crashed that Cubase is blamed for is actually caused by rouge 3rd-party plug-in.

Indeed! You have to be absolutely mental to buy this upgrade?!? But I bet there are a lot of people out there dont mind being a cashcow...
If you're going to criticize a Cubase version then first..... Install it !! And stop insulting the other members on this forum.
by Svenne
Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What to do if you have problems with Cubase

Many people have stability problems and immediately blame Cubase! It my experience that most crashes are actually caused by thirdparty plugins, divers or other apps. Not by Cubase itself.

General complaining abuot "Cubase is unstable, Cubase only crashes, etc." helps noone. Before you complain, follow the following suggestions:

Install only the OS and Cubase on a second drive (no drivers, no 3rd-party plugins, etc). Is it still unstable? If not, then something else is causing your crashes! Install your drivers one by one test and restart you system between each install. Note the install order. If Cubase becomes unstable after you've installed, let's say "x1.vst".

Remove all plug-ins. Now reinstall "x1.vst". Is Cubase still unstable? If yes, this plug-in is not fully compatible with Cubase. If not, then proceed and install and test the other plug-ins on your list in the reverse order, until Cubase becomes unstable again with, let's say "y1.vst".

Now remove all 3rd-party plug-ins again and reinstall "x1.vst" and "y1.vst". Is Cubase still unstable. If yes, you've found the cause "x1.vst" and "y1.vst" are incompatible with each other. If not, you may need to test with adding other plug-ins between "x1.vst" and "y1.vst" on your list. Sometimes a combination of 3 or more plug-ins are needed to cause the problem.
I am sure that the majority of crashed that Cubase is blamed for is actually caused by rouge 3rd-party plug-in.

And this is most important. Is the problem repeatable?
Yes, this is quite a bit of work, but you'll find the real culprits. There is no point in bantering on Steinberg or Cubase for problems caused by someone else. A clear description of when, and what actions you took when the problem occurred, help others (including Steinberg's engineers) to help you. General ranting does not.

Hard-drives are dirt cheep these days so there in no reason not to have a spare test-drive lying around.
by Svenne
Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 at Last!

After 2 hours, just one word: impressed :)
by Steve Helstrip
Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Damn it's just LIFE...deal with it!!!

I don't know how some of you people ever get any work done though all your complaining!

Everything went smooth...I just installed and loaded the project I've been editing. So far looking really nice!
by Adam_Bove
Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Xtigma,

Are you able to load all of your synths? A friend of mine seems to be having issues with this in C7.5. Are all your plugins showing up? Thanks!

Cant load 1/2 my synths .... can't load my old songs ... Track Presets don't retain Routing ... i give up

Steinbergs Final Joke ....Ho ho F.... Ho ho

You have to reconfigure your VST paths. Cubase 7.5 is a separate install from previous versions, so you'll also have to reconfigure your preferences. Thankfully, you can have both versions opened side by side. This makes it easy to copy your preferences and plugin paths, which I prefer doing than copying preference files (just seems a safer way to me).

I also had to re-register (not really, actually) my iLok EWQL Spaces plugin, but it was super quick. You may see a pop up window come up as you load a project if you happen to have this particular plugin. This may also be the case with a few others iLok plugins, but it only took a few clicks to get it going again. No big deal.

So far, all I can say is that C7.5 is THE BEST Cubase I have used thus far. The new features are awesome and the new look a noticeable improvement from previous versions. Cubase looks more professional now, IMO. Still too early to call it, but I'm really liking what I see. It's been very stable with heavy projects as well. No complaints yet.
by jose7822
Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 at last.

OMG IM SO FREAKING STUPID .........

OWE STEINBERG HUGE APPLOLOGY >....... S O R R Y S T E I N B E R G > :cry:

THOU SHALL UNCLICK THE 32Bit mode ......

its working its fantastic ..... thank god for that
by abyss
Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 at last. - Cubase Mileston

happy to say we now have a 'sampler' - Padshop Pro, a PROPER drum sampler - GASE4 , a collection of STRONG synths and FX.

i can see me going native plugins on alot of my productions in the near future, which will certainly help with on-line collaborations.

so happy right now !!!
by Majic
Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

REVelation

I REALLY like REVelation... Great gated 'verb for drums... Nice job!
by cpechet1
Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Halion Sonic SE not found in Cubase 32 bit

Ups sorry onbeat, Luis - for adding the 64bit path to the synth, my mistake. Should of cause has been the 32bit path, sorry OnBeat, Luis.

SLL
by SLL
Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 feel cheated

I only have 1 thing in my mind right now: First World Problems.....

People moan about not being able to download it, people moan about not being able to use it, people moan about the slow download speeds, people moan about the site being slow on release day, etc etc etc.

And now, seriously, they moan about a downloaded product instead of a boxed product, because Christmas.... You gotta be kidding me...

Everytime I think: I've seen it all, someone is able to surprise me again :)
by MaXxive
Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: H2E content won't install

I can hear the new sounds of the Trip bank in HalionSonic SE2, but they won't load in my regular Halion Sonic (not SE).
The presets do appear there, though.
Should it function that way?

Cubase 7.5 64 bits | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits | 16 GB RAM | i5 3.3 GHz processor| SSD 256 GB | Steinberg MR816x | Steinberg Midex 8 | Motu Midi Express 128 | much hardware

I'm guessing that your Halion Sonic would have to be version 2 in order to load those sounds.
by papi61
Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 'Please Register' 7.5 eveytime

Thanks Luis, that seems to have done the trick, right clicked on icon, ticked run as administrator and the register now pop up has not popped up yet across a number of projects, hopefully it will stay that way :-)
by Outsounder
Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: no audition sounds need help

Luis Dongo wrote:Hi andrewtuna,

turn off the control room in your VST Connections / Studio

Regards

In case you intend to use CR - you can of course leave it enabled to get preview you just need to make sure, it is configured correctly, and preview is routed correctly.
by thinkingcap
Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nightmare with performance Cubase7.5

Bottom line is it works!

Yea!

I'll be updating tonight.
{'-'}
by curteye
Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PRICE IN US$

But we don't have 70 percent VAT here and Cubase is made in Germany so there are no duties or huge shipping costs. There must be an error somewhere else. :|

You will not like what I am writing now but I have to anyways...

Different markets have different prices. For almost all products you will find huge differences in pricing throughout the world. This has various reasons ie import taxes, freight charges, VAT, company structure, market structure etc.. We keep the Onlineshop DL prices on a € SRP level because we need our partners in this region to give support to the customer, do marketing, events and take care of another huge load of processes. If we would offer the products in the Onlineshop cheaper than they can achieve to offer those, we are undercutting our own partners and this is just plain not possible and would not resolve in customer satifaction. Additionally, those products are not coming for free, there are development costs and other huge expenses involved just for this reason an even cheaper price is hard to achieve at all. Of course you can argue that we could do that for products that are only available as DL but we actually do have a pricing structure which would go to waste then and additionally we cannot achieve different pricings for each part of the world just yet. So, for the moment the price you see is the price you will have to pay. If you are not happy with it, try it at a local dealer, if this is not possible for you then there is, unfortunately, nothing I can do.

Thanks.
by Melosch
Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: c7.5 is absolutely ROCK SOLID

The most stable Cubase I've had in years. I'm quite happy.

How stable is it? Really stable when you consider what it has to contend with.

Stable doesn't have to (and can never) mean "perfect." No DAW or any software is 100% free of bugs even when it controls 100% of the code. Cubase has to host all our beloved 3rd party plugins, from all parts of the globe, from all manner of software developers with their own level of expertise, skill and ways of coding. With multiple formats of those plugins, no less. In dual platform, no less. We won't even mention audio interfaces, drivers, or the OS and its layers, itself.

No technology service guarantees 100% up-time. Not even Tier 1 technology providers that get to enjoy multiple levels of redundancy, that a single computer does not.

Even the hardware is not 100% crash-free at a quantum physics level. Naturally occurring radiation and cosmic rays will statistically crash a computer with non error-correcting ram as much as once per month, per gigabyte (if left on).

For our modern computers, which many of us leave on for days at a time, with our non-server-grade, non-error-correcting memory (just about all of us here), this would translate into 32 times a month (for a system with 32 gigabytes), or about once a day, that we could statistically expect the computer to potentially crash, regardless of software ("potentially," because not all ram errors would result in a crash, but many do).

I've even had hardware sequencers lockup and require a power cycle.

A DAW would certainly be in a top ten list of the most sophisticated desktop software products created by humans. I put it at the top of that list, due to how many 3rd party programs it hosts and the real-time, latency-oriented nature of it.

So, yes, Cubase is pretty darn rock solid from where I sit. I'm in awe at how many plugins it juggles and how little it crashes.

iTunes crashes more than Cubase for me. Which gets funnier the more you think about it.
by Jalcide
Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: why so many new versions so fast

I get both sides of this...

If you're a pro and your equipment doesn't work though, if it's preventing you from serving your customer, and you need to keep searching for fixes... I mean, you should take a look at yourself.

Keep it as simple as you need to keep your customer satisfied.
If that's a lifelong mission, you're doing something wrong, or perhaps in the wrong field.

Sometimes I chuckle at certain forums with people calling themselves engineers or musicians even, all they talk about are their tech issues day after day, year after year. Remind me not to use YOU when I need something. Some of these guys I have never read one sentence about the actual art. It's just a lifelong journey of searching the best plug-in, best setup, how to fix this and that. If you're making great art, you should be fine. This idea about last 3% or whatever... whaaaateva. Excuses.
by mpayne0
Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase Stopped Saving .vst presets?!

We found out the Browser pointed to a non existing folder inside the VST3 User Preset location for the affected plugin and did not fall back to default. That's a bug and will be fixed.

A folder inside a VST3 User Preset Location unfortunately cannot be renamed from (within the SaveDialog, not even from ... Edit: see my next comment) within the MediaBay. If that would have been possible, you would not have run into the problem. I'll take that feature down as a request for the future.

Meanwhile, if you want to rename a certain folder in the Finder/Explorer make sure your Preset-Browser does not point there and shutdown Cubase before. The User Preset Locations, like VST3 User Presets are roughly rescanned on Cubase start and the changes will be reflected by the MediaBay and their Preset-Browsers.

NEVER rename anything like the folder of the <PLUGIN> or the <VENDOR> or any parent folders of them, doing so would break the VST3 Content structure.

But what if you got stuck and do not want to remove your complete Defaults.xml? You can remove the affected item in the defaults manually, an editor like notepad++ comes in handy for the following steps:

*** CAUTION: PLEASE! backup your data if you don't know what you are doing here. Your Cubase Defaults become corrupted if their xml structure is broken. ***

1. Close Cubase
2. Go to the preferences folder and open the "Defaults.xml" in your editor.
3. search for the string "mediaBrowserSaveVSTEffectInternalState_<VENDOR><PLUGIN>" see my example, here <VENDOR> is "Steinberg Media Technologies" and <PLUGIN> is "Padshop". Your should find something like this:

<item>
<string name="Group" value="mediaBrowserSaveVSTEffectInternalState_Steinberg Media TechnologiesPadshop"/>

... snip ...

</item>

4. delete the complete item.
5. Save the Defaults.xml

Done.
by Joerg
Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Click column gone from VST Connections? Anyone?

Regardless of the outcome, THAT is world class customer service. I'm serious... :)

Regards 8-)
by Prock
Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What cursor to use in 7.5.30 ?

Oh the irony .
If you haven't anything constructive to say why open your mouth and make yourself look stupid ?
@d-_-b Please refrain from this type of insulting comment.

Are you trolling? :lol: Asking that is trolling, there's an irony for ya.

@mozizo- that's off topic, and really unecessary.

This thread was more about throwing insults around and putting each other down than about Cubase.

Thread locked.
by SteveInChicago
Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[Mac] 10.9.5 and Cubase 7.5.30 are woiking. (on a partition)

Aloha guys,

Trying out the Mavericks 10.9.5 update on a partition and so far so good.

Nothing broke (yet).

Good Luck!
{'-'}
by curteye
Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Loss of Midi Sync when Converting Project Sample Rate

Hi, I observe something in this thread that repeatedly happens here: Someone Posts a "complaint" about a certain behaviour. The replies say that things work as expected. So far so good. Most often things to a degree "escalate" into a "attack and defense" mode where both sides stop to discuss in a productive way.

In the current thread one could ask: If sample rate conversion is a function in cubase (and yes, it is for good reasons), wouldn't it be a really nice solution to "convert everything in the affected Project" in a consistent way?

There is neither Need for attack nor reason for defending something only because it is done in a certain way or not.

I think sometimes it would help to see the nice ideas in the complaints.

Just my 2 Cents worth.

Ernst
by Elien
Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kleiner Fehler im Kanalzug

Ahaaa, alles klar. Wir benutzen hier alle die andere Ansicht (nicht die Drehknöpfe) und da geht das.

Hab mal umgeschaltet und konnte den Fehler dann auch reproduzieren...also weiter machen! :D

LG
HBB
by HBB
Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kleiner Fehler im Kanalzug

Ich muss es einfach mal loswerden...

Dieser Thread mitsamt ALLEN Postings ist einer der besten seit Jahren in diesem Forum!
Innerhalb von zwei Tagen Problematik erkannt und per Mod sogar mit Grafik bestätigt - ein besonderer Dank an Louis!!!
TOP! 8-)

Und: weiter so!!!!
:D
by Centralmusic
Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic