Search found 9 matches

Return

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

There are a lot of people on this forum that assume that they are talking for the majority of Cubase users. We want this and we don’t want this.

Ok for the record, I don’t need my Cubase 7 fixed. I work a busy little studio, recording rock, pop, jazz and even electronic and my Cubase 7.06 is rock solid, it also works fine with my 3rd party plugins as long as they are 64bit.
One of my small worries about upgrading to 7.5 is how stable 7.06 is, but of course I will keep working 7 until 7.5 has been well tested in my set up.

Even if you have a Ph.D. please don’t assume that you know what a recording engineer wants from his DAW. Stops, glitches, electro drum loops are often requested in the production during a mixdown from paying customers. I’m quite pleased with the new toys in 7.5 and for only 49 euros bargain.

Who said anything about me being an engineer? I'm a classically-trained composer with a Ph.D. "beatzmakers" are DJ's, remixers, whatever you want to call them, but they don't actually make music, just rearrange someone else's loops.
I’m 54 and I’m not a DJ or beatzmaker as you put it but I know many as I do classical musicians and one is as skilled as the other. Do you realise how arrogant as well as ignorant that made you sound.

Anyway SB thank you for realising that we have a choice of which companies DAW we use and for (IMHO) being heads above the rest.
by Mrhehon
Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Drum Map Silences Track (CA 7.5)

Check your midi in and out channel numbers on Cubase and Kontakt. GM maps are set to channel 10 and Kontakt may be set to 1.
by Mrhehon
Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.10 discussion and questions

LOTS of other software is released with NO bugs at all. Especially Live and Reaper and Logic and Pro Tools and they all work on EVERYONE's computer just fine.
Cubase 7 sucks because it crashes on MY machine which is just PERFECT. If it doesn't crash on your machine then you're just not using enough plugins like what I do. Plus I write huge scores for movies and my clients look over my shoulder and laugh at Cubase 7 crashing. Please fix it.
I don't believe anyone has pointed these things out before.

Sorry what? Pro tools doesn’t crash…..you’re having a laugh.

I have not had one Cubase crash since 7.05, I will try using more plugins like what you do.
by Mrhehon
Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tips Tricks And Workflow Goodness.

Hedshaker wrote:When I clean my studio I always put the polish down in the same place else I spend the next hour looking for it 8-)

Good tip, yes been there and have spent that hour looking for said polish.

Rhino your macro tip is so handy. So simple yet I have never thought of doing this until now. Thanks.
by Mrhehon
Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any CC121 users here?

Hi Steve, I use one with 7.5 and I love it.
Small downside is it can be a little jerky sweeping the EQ.
Good for quick control use.
by Mrhehon
Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Iro: Track Color Pack for Cubase

Makes a nice change from all the moaning and ranting to find something helpful and useful on his forum.
Thank you very much seyoum.
by Mrhehon
Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How to make note names appear on notes in Key Editor ?

Using the slider in the bottom right hand corner of the editor. Make the size of the notes larger.
by Mrhehon
Sat May 17, 2014 8:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How do I insert [3rd Party] VST on Midi Channel ?

If I’ve miss understood what you’re trying to do sorry but trying to be helpful.

You need to have a midi track set up with the midi output going to your HW synth.

The audio outs need to be coming from your synth into the soundcard and routed into a Cubase audio track (Yellow monitor buttons on for both tracks).

On the audio track use the insert slots to open the effects you want to hear.

For the Glitch or EFFECTRIX type effects to work you will need to press play or record on Cubase as you Jam.

Just tried this on my system and working fine.

Included a screen shot of the setup.
Untitled.jpg
by Mrhehon
Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How do I insert [3rd Party] VST on Midi Channel ?

If the sound/audio is coming out of your HW synth and not going into the inputs of the soundcard and through the Cubase software the audio effects like reverbs and delays will not be available and will not work.

The midi that you are recording is just computer data that will play back the synth part of your HW synth. You can add midi effects on a midi track but not audio inserts.

If you use your HW synth to play one of VST synths that are part of the computer system this is a different matter and adding effects to the sound is easy. Open up an instrument track, select the vst and the insert slots will show up in both the inspector and the mixer.
by Mrhehon
Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic