Search found 5 matches

Return

Re: [Features] Important new feature suggestions on CMC-Seri

Love the units. Very happy camper. Best studio aid I've bought for ages ! Only had them a couple of days and they're a God-send.
However, I'd still like to see;

1. Some way of choosing whether the mixer onscreen follows the left/right channel scrolling of the FD unit. Otherwise I see the bank of selected channels scroll their way off my screen and have no way of knowing what I'm controlling unless I move the mixer window.

2. Shift lock - obvious Yes

3. Cubase projects to save the current position of my Quick Controller and recall this as the starting position when loading on tracks that have no automation recorded

4. An option to have the QC lock its controls to a particular set of variables regardless of the channel selected,
ie when option selected, moving channels no longer changes the QC assignment. Instead it remains as per a user-defined set... effectively giving the user 8 AI-type knobs.
(I'm new to these, so may have missed an obvious workaround to achieve this, but happy to hear if so.)
(Top Tip?: I have tried adding another blank audio channel and using this to set eight parameters eg fader levels on 8 other channels... quite nice, but obviously it stops working when I select another channel.)

And for future (if I buy more FDs)
5. Each bank of four highlighted on-screen in different colours corresponding to the colours of some 'stick-on' strip supplied with the units so I can quickly work out which of the 16 channels is which :-)

6. A job suggesting things for CMC controllers where I get paid a grand a go :D
by Potential - o- meter
Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 and HALion Sonic SE Content Downloads - SOLUT

Just to clarify (cos everything has pretty much the same name :oops: );

I had Cubase 6.5.5 with HSSE 1.6.3 update - all good
I then installed VSTi absolute collection and got Halion Sonic with that.
I got a grace period update to Halion Sonic 2 and installed that.
Now I have Cubase 7 and that provided new HSSE content ? (is that right?)
Now I update to Cubase 7.5 and the HSSE is upgraded to HSSE2 ? (not HS2)

My question/s (a few have kind of asked but I need clarification please);

1. Is there extra content added to my install if I already own HS2 and upgrade from HSSE to HSSE2 via the Cubase 7.5 upgrade from 7 ?
2. If there is new content in HSSE2, is this just some of the content that was previously available to me as part of HS2 or is this brand new content ? and thus;
3. Did I waste money buying HS2 or is this still a worthwhile / unique upgrade from HSSE2 ?

Sorry this is so complicated... or not... I don't know any more :-D
by Potential - o- meter
Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Features] Important new feature suggestions on CMC-Seri

Couple more for you;

1. When I use the browse button on my PD to browse for patches in HS2 (Halion Sonic 2), please can I see the same browser and number of instrument choices that I would have if I selected this feature via mouse (ie ALL the patches available including sounds from my other VSTi collection instruments). It's a great feature of HS2, but not accessible via the PD.

2. Please could the "Edit Instrument" button on the CH unit function from any channel with an instrument attached, ie whether I am currently on the midi channel or the instrument channel. Basically, if the channel has an instrument attached to it (and thus a clickable 'edit instrument' button on screen) please could the related CH button do the same. Currently it only works on certain channel types... which is odd ?

3. That latching 'shift' button request again, certainly for the FD unit. It's a nightmare holding it and selecting Solo / Mute with one hand.

JUST TO UPDATE: looks like these requests were actioned in Cubase 7 already. Just updated and these are done :-)
HAPPY CAMPER !
by Potential - o- meter
Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Appealing to Steinberg to keep the CMC current viable?

I've said it before, I'm really happy with this purchase and of late have got two other local studios all keyed up to invest... only there are no units for sale.

I'm only just opening up the full workflow benefits, but am very sold on the idea that these units are totally the way forward.(I have them placed where I need them around the studio without having to have all functionality in one big horrible box.)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Steinberg, don't drop these units or your support of them. I've used lots of other kit in the past but these win, outright.
by Potential - o- meter
Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CMC not fully supported in Cubase 8 !!

I just tested in 7.5 and it functions the exact same way: Arrange window needs focus.

May I humbly suggest, in good fairness, that you consider putting a [Solved] in front of the title. :)

Let's save our CMC abandonment anxiety wrath (for now) and hope that by the time our pitchforks and torches and sharpened and lit, we'll be on Cubase Pro 22, where the preferred method of input is holographic gesture and thought-control. :lol:

Granted. I'll check this later and place [Solved] in title for now. I don't recall it ever not working as expected in 7.5, but if it's good for you guys then I'm very grateful for the heads-up.

I wander if this is the same reason for the similar issue in this topic ?

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=230&t=69728

Freddie - all the lighting looks fine to me.
Hope that helps.

On the thought control, I hope any neighbours don't have 'louder' thoughts than us. The interference is bound to be an issue :-)

You are right though. I'm just deeply deeply upset that Steinberg dropped these units exactly at the point I bought into them and 'realised' they were genius ! I'm now terrifed of getting really fluent with them and then losing functionality. It's a real shame. I recommended them to countless studios and colleagues. Having sets of controls I can litter around the studio where I want them without having to have them all stuck together in one big ugly unit is a Godsend.

Please bring them back into the fold Steiny. They really are brilliant !
by Potential - o- meter
Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic