Search found 11 matches

Return

Re: Halion Sonic SE and PD Browsing give different results

Yeah, there are two browsers .. preset and I think the other one is MediaBay. The preset one will only show "instrument specific" patches. Since those other patches are assigned to another "instrument" they won't show. At least that's how I think it works.
by JMCecil
Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Problem with plugins featuring internal Drop Down Menus

It does help and it indeed looks like it shows both... thank you, I was pretty curious about this. Can't check PLAY until next week.

In any case, both issues are in our internal system and being worked on already.

Cheers
by Fabio Bartolini
Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[BON-7075] inspector - toggle standard section not working

On any given audio, group, fx track..

the keycommand for Inspector>Toggle standard section..

is not working (nothing happens).

(Inspector > Toggle Sends; Inspector > Toggle Quick Controls etc. remained unbroken - thank you.)

edit: easy reproduction:

--open a new empty project.
--open up the keycommands list. look up inspector > toggle standard section
--assign it a keycommand
--add an audio track
--perform the keycommand
result: nothing happens
by lukasbrooklyn
Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CMC not fully supported in Cubase 8 !!

I just tested in 7.5 and it functions the exact same way: Arrange window needs focus.

May I humbly suggest, in good fairness, that you consider putting a [Solved] in front of the title. :)

Let's save our CMC abandonment anxiety wrath (for now) and hope that by the time our pitchforks and torches and sharpened and lit, we'll be on Cubase Pro 22, where the preferred method of input is holographic gesture and thought-control. :lol:
by Jalcide
Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CMC not fully supported in Cubase 8 !!

It works for me, but only when the Arrange window has focus.
Could that be the issue?
Was that required in 7.5?
by Jalcide
Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cuemix Problem when Direct Monitoring is Selected

I think it may be time to ask for official support, since we have heard nothing from steinbergussupport folk- God I hate opening Steinbergs support trouble tickets.
:(

Best Ted
by TedSopher
Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unavailability of CMC controllers

I'm also a bit confused as to why a command available in any of the CMC setup menus would rely on whether the window concerned was in focus. File this under useless triva that probably won't improve your life, but Windows is an event driven operating system, e.g. keyboard presses, mouse moves, etc. generate events. When you bang on the keyboard, the events go to the active window. That's why you can have Cubase and a web browser both running, and typing something into a Google search doesn't do anything to Cubase.

As with all programming there are ways around this, but if you're wondering why the focus matters, this is one common reason. Of course, that's Windows. I know zero about Macs, other than the fact that since they're an Apple product, they just magically work somehow. I suspect that burning incense and sacrificing chickens is involved.
by ChrisDuncan
Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unavailability of CMC controllers

Sorry I don't use above mentioned function :oops:

When I find something not working I will post here :!:
by mbr
Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [confirmed] inspector - toggle standard section not work

Could you guys try the solution others suggested in this post of mine and get back with whether this is the 'answer', ie is it that you do not have Arrange Window as 'focus' ?

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=159&t=70073&p=405296#p405296

ok, i checked the thread; and no, this is not the answer. the keycommand does not appear to be working whichever window has focus.
by lukasbrooklyn
Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: inspector - toggle standard section not working

Confirmed, and I use this ALL the time.
by beatpete
Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [confirmed] inspector - toggle standard section not work

Confirmed, though I never use this.