Search found 26 matches

Return

Re: Cubase 7.5 CRASH when reopening

I get this and I deduced the problem to having a midi track open and an external instrument...

Once I remove the Midi track the crash goes away...I'm disgusted. :oops:

:geek:
by theRoyal1
Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I contacted Steinberg- Maximize windows issue

I don't buy it, only because other windows do not open in full screen mode. It must be a steinberg issue
... I think that Steinberg choose to "fiddle" with the basics as little as possible ,

Which is why I'm not buying into it neither! Steinaha has had ample time to address this "issue" and have not.

I use beat designer on a 50" screen and it opens to full screen every time and also gives me headaches when trying to use it on a 2nd monitor.

The reason I think we aren't buying into it is because they continually keep adding stuff and totally overlooking the window issue yet, so many other things.

The fact that you can have other VST's and objects open "normally" and others don't means they are ..as you said "choosing to fiddle with them".

The fact that it CAN be done on certain things we use but not others means you are correct, it IS a choice.

I'll be sure to take that into consideration when I choose to make another purchase from Steinaha...

by theRoyal1
Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Strange when I use Photoshop/Premiere/After effects I CAN Resize, I CAN drag windows to 2nd monitor, Open windows WON'T hide between other screens.

But somehow this seems impossible to fix for steinberg. But hey who is complaining, with the next edition we are going to get new synths and colour schemes... :lol: Love it.

by theRoyal1
Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Strange when I use Photoshop/Premiere/After effects I CAN Resize, I CAN drag windows to 2nd monitor, Open windows WON'T hide between other screens.

But somehow this seems impossible to fix for steinberg. But hey who is complaining, with the next edition we are going to get new synths and colour schemes...
I have no Windows issues in windows. Maybe back in Windows 95 & 98 when there were massive convolutions with VC drivers and such but now, Windows' windows work fine.

Actually, Slapping the window to the Side, Draggin it to the top, basically all the motions of windows work pretty damn awesome in windows.

But yet, Beat Designer goes full screen every time on it own and cant be set on top or anything within Cubase... Yea, It's all Windows' fault :roll:

by theRoyal1
Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Features] Important new feature suggestions on CMC-Seri

2. Please could the "Edit Instrument" button on the CH unit function from any channel with an instrument attached, ie whether I am currently on the midi channel or the instrument channel. Basically, if the channel has an instrument attached to it (and thus a clickable 'edit instrument' button on screen) please could the related CH button do the same. Currently it only works on certain channel types... which is odd ?

This is so annoying!! :cry:

It seems that if I have an Instrument attached to a MIDI channel, when I press the "e" on my CH It opens the MIDI instead of the Instrument.
They should add an option so that it always opens the Instrument the midi is controlling...arrrgh

by theRoyal1
Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

7.5.20 Impressions...

Just opened up a project and low and behold....

New Control Room.jpg

by theRoyal1
Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

Here we go again :lol:

Working on 7.5.20 for last week. Seems stable so far. But I'm doing more work in Reaper these days, because I'm tired of Cubase ugly and buggy mixer. lol... So far, the only other thing I noticed (albeit , not impressed) is a preference to colorize Folder tracks only...

Seriously?

As long as it's stable (errrer) I'm happy (kinda)

by theRoyal1
Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

serenity wrote:Where's the update ? I don't see it on Steinberg webpage.

Check this thread...
by theRoyal1
Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here we go again :lol:

Working on 7.5.20 for last week. Seems stable so far. But I'm doing more work in Reaper these days, cuz I'm tired of Cubase ugly and buggy mixer.

Steinberg! Hire a good UI designer! Your software costs a lot of money, you can afford it :mrgreen: Can you give anything else?

I also noticed GASE4 opens Whip quick!! and all the presets are there...Not that I use em..lol

Also, Never noticed this before but there's a Status line and when you click it opens the appropriate setup...that is nice!

by theRoyal1
Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've just about had it w/ Beat Designer. As if it couldn't get any worse they now Force it to be docked on top!!

This is quite possibly the worst thing in Cubase in terms of user configuration.
. It was my goto Beat maker and so simple to use but the window implementation of this has me wanting to punch the screen...

by theRoyal1
Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've just about had it w/ Beat Designer. As if it couldn't get any worse they now Force it to be docked on top!!
Wait, can you explain this? What did they change?

Beat Designer is one of the reasons I keep coming back to Cubase after flirting with other DAWs.

Don't tell me they've broken it...
It still works but before it was already horrible in terms of AOT/Window capabilities. Now, It is Locked to the top of my screen and I can't use it unless I have the other window Not maximized!
At least before we were able to move it around... unbelievable

This is a horrible halfazzed approach on Steinaha's part to rectify this issue which has plagued us for years now...
by theRoyal1
Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Loving the update so far, many great bugfixes. But I've noticed 2 weird things after 2 full days of usage. Dotted horizontal crosshair artifact (when moving midi clips left/right) and rare selection rectangle disappearance. More details here:
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=58211

Anyone else had this?
Confirmed, I thought it was just me...

Also I'm getting a little more lag in terms of video. Zooming, scrolling etc...
Doesn't affect the audio

by theRoyal1
Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

K, As I stated earlier I am getting Video/display Lagging when I zoom in. The audio is not affected but the video stutters.

Now, I am also having issues w/ Track versions. Either I haven't grasped the way to handle it or there is a bug.

Every time a make a track version Multiple instruments get copied.

So if I just want my bass line to have a copy it seems to be copying every added track version and adding a new instrument..

I'm going to research further but this is kicking my mass right now..lol

Other than that..loving the update.

by theRoyal1
Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Loving the update so far, many great bugfixes. But I've noticed 2 weird things after 2 full days of usage. Dotted horizontal crosshair artifact (when moving midi clips left/right) and rare selection rectangle disappearance. More details here:
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=58211

Anyone else had this? Just realized, This isn't a glitch!!

The lines are there so when you drag something across you can see a straight line.
Once you drag to another track the lines disappear so imo, I think it's a visual tool to help in keeping stuff easier to move around

by theRoyal1
Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Roland tr-8 using multiple audio outs via USB in Cubase

I have my TR-8 set up w/Multiple outs and the only way you can integrate it w/your soundcard is w/ASIO4all

That's it. I hate it. I've expressed this on the GS Forum..lol
If you're going to use it w/ other instruments this is the only way...
other than that, have fun switching between soundcards if you want to try another way.

by theRoyal1
Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

Is it safe to say that the $50 is worth it?

I'm sitting on the fence because it feels like we beta Tested for $500 and they took the money and instead of fixing issues, they put it towards adding more junk

Now, I'm reading that it's not junk but actually worth it.

So, to jump or not to jump? :geek:
by theRoyal1
Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hello,

The video out bug is still here. I've been reporting it for a year now. Awful

The problem with this "bug", is that it is not consistent across all systems, some have it and some don't.
It happens to me sometimes but only when I have left Cubase idle for a couple of hours, then I save the project and close Cubase.
Still we are making some tests and unfortunately we haven't figured out what is causing it.
First we need to know what causes it and then we can fix it.
Do you have a step by step guide to reproduce it?

Best regards,
GN
Wow... Thx for the honesty. I don't have this problem (Video not the honesty lol) but kudos on the transparency!

by theRoyal1
Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think we all like software that looks like hardware to some extent - Does anybody not like the realism of the UAD plugin graphics?! Exactly.. the realism of the plugins is amazing but that said, I just want stuff to work right first...the pretty pictures are secondary.

I agree a 100% with Rotund.

I re-started my mixing career here:
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=198&t=58451 I was tempted to install it but honestly, I'm pretty happy w/C7 right now.

Also, I don't really see anyone "Bashing" Reaper

by theRoyal1
Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

leroo wrote:I got more crash on quit with 7.5.2. It seems to be related to the way cubase ask to save before quitting even if I've just saved the project. Now, it crash on quit instead of asking to save.
No one can help you if you don't post your specs...

by theRoyal1
Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Groove Agent 4 announcement

Can't wait to see the indepth stuff...
Thx for the vids Steinaha! :P

Groove Agent 4 VIDEOS

by theRoyal1
Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Groove Agent 4 announcement

Groove Agent 4 Tutorials and Playlist ;)
Thx Steiny!

Just wished Beat designer was incorporated within GA4. That would have solved window/AOT issues with BD and had an all in one kikass solution!!

by theRoyal1
Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What did I do to the pan settings in mixer?

Where it says Equalizer to the right there's the Load Preset box.
Under that there is this little BS of an Icon...

Unreal right?

by theRoyal1
Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What did I do to the pan settings in mixer?

lmao... I remember when I did this too.... :lol:

by theRoyal1
Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cubase 8 Videos

Steinberg's Cubase 8 vids: YouTube Playlists :D

New Features

Quick Start Videos

Advanced Tutorials

by theRoyal1
Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hidden Cubase 8 features!

Double Click the top of Cubase (Bar) and see your desktop..click again to restore
by theRoyal1
Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic