Return

Re: CUbase 7.5…when?

Sumday
by Airyck
Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

Can steinberg please tell me how they select what new features should be added. According to the forums we've been screaming for multitrack audio warp, and being able to audio warp on the main project event page. Why wasn't this implemented. Who asked for magneto 2, or loopmash, or track versions? All stuff that is nice, but doesnt make my job easier. I have better tape saturation plugins. I have stutteredit. All i want is the ability to audiowarp mutliple files.. Why is it soooo difficult?

'
by Rudi007
Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

Since when did software developers begin charging for half versions? My understanding is that 7.5 is not a "NEW"

version, as "Cubase 8" would be. I bought 7 at full price. As far as I'm concerned, I should get all updates, half

versions, "upgrades," etc., until a completely new version is introduced, for the price I paid initially. I'm pretty

irritated about Steinberg's choice in that regard - people didn't pay extra for 6.5, what's up with paying for 7.5?. To

me this is yet another example of corporations splitting hairs in order to stuff their pockets. Going this route essentially makes you dope dealers. What next? Start

charging for quarter versions, or every single update? It's still version 7 until it's version 8, in my book, and I paid

for version 7 and all it's incarnations as far as I'm concerned. Why didn't they just stuff all these new features into

Version 8? Here's why: because the cost to purchase a entirely new version is prohibitive to most and people will balk

at it, so if you can exploit your customer base by pricing "upgrades" just within reach (for approximately another $75

US) by promoting the idea they're missing out if they don't have the new features, then they'll bite and everyone there

at Steinberg is a marketing genius - albeit a greedy one. :evil: Not cool, Steinberg. I paid for version 7 and you're

telling me 7.5 is, essentially, a new version and you must be paid for it - so, in essence, I've paid $575 for version

7? It essentially appears that the 7.5 "upgrade," with the exception of a couple of features, is just an attempt to

force me to buy your plugins. Please don't go down the same road Adobe did, they shot themselves in the foot with their

Creative Cloud series of graphics programs. Just about everyone hates their subscription model. They then got their

servers hacked and customer info and credit card numbers stolen out of spite because people hated the power struggle

involved with trying to own and control their own tools; not be dictated to and treated like sheep, and keep control of

their own craft - hey, we're not all sheep, some of us are programmers. Their new software was immediately cracked and

hacked and spread all over the 'net like Nutella on toast. Just an FYI: "Out of one's ignorance, another's genius is

born." Corel corporation is now enjoying a healthy renaissance out of Adobe's selfish ignorance. I guess you better make

hay while the sun shines, eh? I'll pay for the update because I use these tools constantly, but don't look to

me for continued brand loyalty. I'll learn a new interface if I have to in order to protect my wallet. This business of

charging "by the inch" ultimately does not set well with people. So, a year from now, when you're on the verge of

releasing version 9, do the folks that are still using version 7, then get the 7.5 update for free because it doesn't

"count" any more? I just bought Halion 5 two months ago, you gonna jack me for another $50 or so for Halion 5.5? GRRRRR!
by Shabadoo
Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CMC-AI as Generic Remote and native device simultaneousl

Solved it, sort of...

The problem is related to a bug I reported about 18 months ago (to which I got no official reply from Steinberg...big surprise :roll: ) in this thread.

Anytime you so much touch anything in the CMC-AI template editor in: Devices -> Device Setup -> Remote Devices, you need to go to Devices -> Device Setup -> Remote Devices -> *Your Generic Remote template* and press the 'reset' button to get it working. This also needs to be done manually everytime you start Cubase.

Would be nice if Steinberg at some point decided to fix their buggy implementation of Generic Remote in conjuction with (their OWN!) CMC controllers in their (OWN!) Software...
by JamesTNL
Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Drum maps for Battery 4

Hi everybody,

Since Native Instruments decided it was too much trouble to include drum maps this time around, I've decided to take matters on my own hands and create them myself. And I invite all of you to help out, but more on this below.

I've slowly started creating the drum maps and will be sharing them in this dropbox folder as I go along. Now, keep in mind that I'm a busy man so I will mainly create maps for the kits that I actually use. I hope that if I have free time I'll eventually go through all of them, but I could really use an extra helping hand or two and here's where you come in....

If you feel like helping out drop me your e-mail in a private message (or in this thread even) and I will share this folder with you so you can share your own maps.

If you decide to do so please follow these simple guidelines.

1. Save the map with the exact name as the kit.

2. Keep the names of the cells neat and clean. Cut where you need to cut and expand where you need to expand. For example, NI use HH for Hi-Hat. I don't like that so I use the full term "Hi-Hat". On the other hand, most cells have names like "Kick 909 1". I consider the "909" part redundant because you've loaded a 909 kit that has 909 in its name so you know it's a 909 kick. In the drum map I typoe "Kick 1". Neat and clean. (Look, in the end of the day, if you disagree, feel free to use your own system since the point is getting the hard labor done. I figure everyone will prefer it differently but they can download and customize.

3. Please do not alter the maps already in the dropbox unless your editing an actual mistake (typo, wrong midi note, left-out cell etc.). If you want changes tailored to your taste—like different order, all kick together, etc—just do it on another folder.

4. This is done for the community and it is free. If you decide to sell these, you're a huge prick.

Hope this kicks off something nice.

Chris
by AstronautDown
Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Missing Filter bar?

Hm. Windows only thing? Seems unlikely though.
by SteveInChicago
Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Missing Filter bar?

I am using Windows and the filter bar is not gone. Use the "Set up Window Layout (Shift + F2)" to enable/disable Filters.
by Elektrobolt
Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why is project starting at bar 0?

vic_france wrote:
theRoyal1 wrote:There really should be a setting under preferences for this...

:geek:

errm.. Project menu>Project Setup>Bar Offset (or were you kidding? ;) )

I think he was saying that there should be a setting under preferences for this... :P
by Jeff Hayat
Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cubase / Cubase Artist 7.5.20 maintenance update available

Dear Cubase and Cubase Artist 7.5 users,

We are happy to announce the availability of the 7.5.20 maintenance updates for Cubase 7.5 and Cubase Artist 7.5. Both updates are a free download and fully supported (please see the bottom of this post for links).

Improvements
• TrackVersions: Delete Inactive TrackVersions
• Control Room Improvements
• Channel/track visibility: Key command for “Update configurations”
• Steinberg Hub: Remove recent projects from list
• Project window toolbar: Additional buttons
• New Preference: Record-Enable allows MIDI Thru
• New Preference: Colorize folder track controls only

Issues resolved
Project
• An issue that interferes with the "Save" and "Close" behavior has been resolved.
• Toggling between projects with a MIDI track located before an instrument track in the track list now works as expected.
• Rack instruments behave now as expected when working with several projects at the same time.
• Searching for hidden tracks using "Find tracks" now makes hidden instrument tracks visible.
• Unmuting a folder track now unmutes all tracks inside the folder as expected.
• The agent "Hide muted tracks" works now on muted instrument tracks.
• The behavior of side scrolling with a Logitech mousewheel has been corrected.
• "Import track archive" works now as expected.
• The preset name of the Track Control Settings is now visible.
• The navigation of the In-place Editor works now as expected.
• "Punch in" works now as expected in Re-Record mode.
• A problem involving the pre-/postroll time display in Japanese language has been resolved.
• Gluing two MIDI parts no longer leads to unwanted transposition of certain notes.
• Resizing parts in locked tracks is no longer possible.
• A visual problem with frozen tracks has been resolved.
• "Select Tracks with Same Version ID" no longer shows automation lanes of instrument tracks.
• Locked tempo/signature tracks remain locked after re-opening a project.
• The ¢ symbol of the time signature palette of the Score Editor creates now a 2/2 time signature.

Audio
• Automatic hitpoint detection now works reliable.
• Audiowarping in the Sample Editor now works as expected.
• A problem with the visibility of the grid in Audiowarp has been resolved.
• A rare problem in VariAudio that rendered the application unreliable has been resolved.
• When ASIO-Guard is enabled dropouts no longer occur.
• The "Replace by" offline processing function works now as expected.
• Exporting a stereo mixdown to a new project now inserts a stereo audio file on a stereo track.
• Closing the window after exporting MP3, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis no longer renders the application unreliable.
• Exporting a 5.1 surround audio mixdown with the option "Wave split file" no longer renders the application unreliable.
• A visibility problem of the "Resolve Missing Files" window has been corrected.

Instrument tracks
• The agent "Hide muted tracks" now works on muted instrument tracks.
• The name of the main output of an instrument is now shown correctly on audio returns.
• Unmuting folder tracks involving instrument tracks work now as expected.
• Muting instrument tracks and MIDI sub-tracks now works as expected.
• The "Mute" key command now works for instrument tracks in the Project window as expected.
• The preference "Select Track on Background Click" now works properly for audio return tracks.
• Copy-pasting MIDI data now works for instrument tracks on the Project page.
• Selecting all inputs in the VST Instrument Rack now selects the correct instrument track.

Score
• Print out now works as expected in Cubase Artist.
• Activating the function "Animate Note Cursor" now works as expected.
• Key commands for all symbol palettes are now available.
• A problem with redundant and missing key commands has been resolved.
• Zooming behavior of the zoom tool now works as expected.
• Filter checkboxes now update as expected when key commands are used.
• The box symbol in the replace mode is printed as expected.
• Chord Assistant: The state of the cadence mode is now recalled correctly.
MixConsole
• Clicking on the EQ bypass button while holding the Option/Alt keys now works as expected.
• Load/save EQ presets are available again in the Channel Settings window.
• The solo defeat function of instrument tracks now works as expected.
• A problem with the visibility syncing between MixConsole and Project window regarding instrument audio returns has been corrected.
• The function "Deactivate all mute states" now works as expected after selecting "Mute input" on virtual instruments.
• It is now possible to switch the visibility of collapsed folders that contain other folders inside the MixConsole.
• A rare graphical glitch on the horizontal scroll bar of the MixConsole has been corrected.
• Inputs and outputs can now be assigned using QuickLink on MIDI channels.
• A problem involving the visibility of the horizontal scroll bar in the MixConsole has been resolved.
• The preference "Select channels/track on solo" now works as expected when enabling the solo input of VST instruments.
• The solo button now works on external instruments as expected.

Automation
• The function "Activate/deactivate write (read) for all tracks" now affects the Quick Controls, too.
• Read mode is now enabled when pressing the write button.
• The command "Show used automation on a selected track" no longer opens the automation of the selected track’s group channel.
• "Delete automation of selected tracks" and "Delete all automation in project" are now available for audio returns of instrument tracks.

Plug-in
• The loading time of projects using HALion 5 has been improved.
• The Phaser plug-in works now as expected.
• An issue in VST Connect SE that may render the application unreliable under OS X 10.9 has been resolved.
• Saving the project under OS X while VST Connect SE is connected to VST Connect Performer now works properly.
* Please note that this list applies to Cubase 7.5 and not every entry may apply to Cubase Artist 7.5.

Download

A detailed version history and the 7.5.20 Updaters are available here:

Cubase 7.5 downloads
Cubase Artist 7.5 downloads

Thanks for choosing Cubase!

Helge Vogt - Team Leader Product Marketing Group
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
by Helge Vogt
Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: where's the 7.5.20 update?

http://download.steinberg.net/downloads ... te_win.exe

Haven't tried it yet as I'm not at my music PC. Could also be 7.5.10?
by Tanant
Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Keres
Fri May 30, 2014 7:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.3 soon?

funkman wrote:Cubase 8 id say will be with us by December!

Yes cant wait to start beta testing again! Wheeeeeeeeeee!!!
by mrjixies
Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it.

I HATE having to use contextual click to open up a VSTi. The sound generator, the reason why I am even using a DAW to make music. Th eone thing that should not need a control click is opening the thing that actually makes the sound.

If you made a new mixer to make it more flexible and added navigational improvements, efficient use of space... when you made me have to touch the keyboard, while clicking for something I'm going to do 1000s of times during a session, for me it kinda defeats a purpose.

I would rather control click to use the EQ, which I rarely use... you have a ginormous control strip that gives me access to the EQ already. Is this the new convention or is there a way to get it to stop NOW. Does anyone enjoy it, were you always accidentally opening up your VSTi?

I agree that Control+Click to open a VSTi is not a step forward but have you thought of assigning a key command for this? For things you do 1000's of times in a session, it saves so much time, even before they brought in the Control+Click method. I have 'V' assigned to open the instrument on the selected channel and it's one of my most time saving key commands.
This may sound weird, but I still have the psychological need to actively open an instrument by button, that kind of thing I do not like a key shortcut for. I only want it to be one click

Having to select the channel first, then use the keyboard... I dunno, I would rather just look at my channels and click a button and be done. It has worked this way since I started with old Cubasis. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. We need to make sure they don't just start changing things permenantly for no reason, so I am against shortcuts to fix things that are broken. That's what they WANT you to do, no I demand this stuff make sense, I will use my shortcuts intuitively the way I do in all software, not as workarounds.
by mpayne0
Thu May 01, 2014 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

I have to say that .20 is finally the best DAW i have ever used. I left cubase in the sx3 days hating it to. I have or have had every major DAW out there that i can think of and still own most of them

But my setup now is rock solid and amazing

i run cubase with an apogee symphony with thunderbolt and i can run most sessions and overdubs at 32 buffers with plugs etc, however for me i am fine at 128. the apogee sounds fantastic and with thunderbolt connectivity with the thunderbridge is rock solid, i mean rock solid!

i have a suite of avid artist series controllers running eucon and while there are sometimes some issues with eucon and the controllers they run fantastic with cubase and i love them

cubase itself is solid and while i am probably not as heavy a user as some i get a good 40 tracks with plugs on all, and put things like kramer tape and ozone 5 on the master and i can work with vari audio really well now, and the included new mixer is great and on and on and on

all my third party vsti's and plugs work perfectly

waves
IK
voxengo
EZ drummer 2 and SD2
RMX
Omnisphere
NI

i mean, its just working damn well. there is probably to much content! the included plugs and VSTi's are very good as well.

i think for me the only complaint i have is the new mixer window is almost to much, i know you can edit it down but i love the CONOSOLE look of PT and when i build it in cubase and save it that way its still to "large"? and alot of scrolling. but thats just me and a small complaint

anyway, thats where i am at with it
by trock
Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Groove Agent 4 announcement

Damn, I guess I can't use GA4 ... I have no ratty beard and/or metro haircut.
by JMCecil
Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase and 4K monitors?

#2 4K on way!
After having my 4K for a month, we are now getting a Samsung 48" HU8500W for my wife.

I have been progressively moving mine further away from me as the artefacts from the font-scaling technology were noticeable. The distance is now 75cm face-to-screen, which is about right, though 80cm might be perfect for a 55".

48" would be about the perfect size for monitor/TV convergence, if you are not going to watch TV from a large distance away. To have the same size pixel pitch as on the 30", a 4K would have to be 45", so the 48"'s pixel pitch is only 6% larger.

Small 4K displays
Given that Cubase, along with many other desktop programs) relies on high UI information density, and will likely be that, notwithstanding touch-enabling (still lots of non-touch info to look at) for a while, anything much smaller than 48" is going to cramp the visuals.

Smaller size 4Ks will tend to favour visual editing, but there is still the issue with non-scaling text being too small. Having never run displays at anything other than their native resolution (mainly because non-scaling text looked terrible), I have never examined the effect of scaling everything up had on the look of pictures in dialog boxes and non-auto-scaling programs). Any comments?

Just for Windows users, there is the capacity to change the sizes of individual UI elements, like window captions bars, menu text et al, rather than just proportionally scaling everything up.

Glasses
As for glasses, the less range in focal lengths, the better. I find my dual range ones OK, so I can still look down at my desk to read, but the triple range ones require head movement, and not just eyes, to read the full height. Compared to scrolling pages on a smaller screen, it is not a big deal.

I originally got the triple range because I got fed up with having to take them off just so I could clearly see people who came to my desk to talk, but since I am in my home-office basically full time now, the duals are in use full time.

30Hz usage
While for me, 30Hz is only temporary until HDMI 2.0 video cards are out, I have not found 30Hz tiring, and I am using the 4K as the main monitor (at 55", could it be anything but that?) for 8 to 12 hours a day, and a TV for some hours more.

I have not used it with Cubase for any real work yet, but it is fantastic for everything else. It is nice to have enough room to have space for programs like MYOB to take up half the screen, and still have room to have online banking open for reconciliation.

Compact computing = BRIX
Given the satisfaction with 30Hz, and since we needed to get another video card for the 48", plus my wife's computer was basically a huge box filled with air and far more computing power than was required, we decided instead to replace it with a Gigabyte BRIX GV-BXi3H-4010, which has 4K@30Hz built in. Basically, a video card would have set us back AU$160, whereas the BRIX+4GB RAM was AU$425, so it was a no brainer.

It is so tiny (114x108x43mm/4.5x4.3x1.7"), mainly because it is limited in what can be modified, namely only RAM (up to 2x8GB) and mSATA and SATA III drives, much like a laptop! And it turns on and off so fast (no POST screens). Unfortunately, such miniaturisation is not plausible for my computing requirements.

I know it is another one of my long rants, but I hope it gives some help, and some considerations to think about, for those who might be considering taking on 4K.
by Patanjali
Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can not save Instrument Track Mix console

I think I'll keep making noise.
by droutloaf
Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: make cursor return to where it was?

Hiya,

If you use the Numpad shortcuts you can have it both ways.
0 on numpad will stop the transport
0 again will return to start position

Cheers,

PC
by Paul Coyle
Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.30 load delay time with powercore virus

resolved the problem. for some reason the problem is caused kaspersky antivirus.
by studioton
Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What did I do to the pan settings in mixer?

Aloha R.

More info on and around page 186 in the manual:

The pan control allows you to position a channel in the stereo spectrum.
• To make fine adjustments, hold down [Shift] when you move the pan control.
• To select the default center pan position, hold down [Ctrl]/[Command] and click the pan control.
• To edit the value numerically, double-click the pan control. The Stereo Balance Panner
The Stereo Balance Panner allows you to control the balance between the left and right channels. It is activated by default.
The Stereo Combined Panner
With the Stereo Combined Panner, the left and right pan controls are linked and keep their relative distance if you move them. It is available for channels with a stereo input and output configuration. To activate this panner, open the context menu for a pan control and select “Stereo Combined Panner”.
• To set the pan independently for the left and right channels, hold down [Alt]/[Option] and drag left or right.
• To reverse the left and right channels, pan the left channel to the right and the right to the left.
The area between the pan controls changes the color to indicate that the channels are reversed.
• To sum two channels, set them to the same pan position (mono). Note that this increases the volume of the signal.

Good Luck!
{'-'}
by curteye
Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic