Search found 16 matches

Return

Re: Monitoring the Yamaha HS7's

Hi Mauri,

i certainly will do. As you can see there are two sizes (and i have ordered the smallest).

Thanks,

Paul
by monsterjazzlicks
Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Steinberg Virtual Guitar Software

Mmmmmmm, i am sure i read this very same question somewhere else ??? :roll:
by monsterjazzlicks
Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: got my order in for 7.5

Sat up until gone midnight but then read I have to wait another 14 x hours !! :cry:

Grace Period updates will become active on December 4, 2013 at around 2 p.m. CET.
by monsterjazzlicks
Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Holidays!! {'-'} 'Melekalikimaka'

Hi Folks,

Its been a really great year on this site !! Lots of people have been very helpful indeed.

Wishing everyone a Merry Xmas from near Liverpool in the UK.

Best,

Paul Seaman

(btw - i won a 'Roland Juno 6' yesterday on ebay for £400.00 !!). :mrgreen:
by monsterjazzlicks
Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This is my first recording with Cubase 7.5

Well done TC and welcome to the forum.

I just had a listen to your piece.

I like the Synth Sweep at the beginning !!

I was trying to anticipate what the TIME SIGNATURE was before the Drums came in. I was surprised it was in 3/4 !! :D

If you want a small crtiticism, then my only one would be the placements of the SNARE DRUM. From memory, I think you had them mostly on BEAT ONE (which can sound very 'stiff'). Try placing on BEAT 1+1/2 and on BEAT 3. It should 'loosen' up the feel and give it almost a slight 'Jazz Waltz' lilt (which I think would suit the song).

Nice work mate !!

Best,

Paul
by monsterjazzlicks
Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone take the 'Survey'? Interesting questions.

Thanks for informing people about the survey.

It took me about 30 x mins to complete though a lot of it did not really apply to me as I do not use all the many application functions listed. Though I have used a few sequencers in the past (Korg M1, Yamaha QY20) and I am still learning Cubase.

It was interesting in that answering the questions (verbatim) really made me think and become more aware about my current compositional process.
by monsterjazzlicks
Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Steinberg / Arturia V-Collection

The NSK is absolutely BRILLIANT !! One of the best plug-in's I ever bought without doubt. Sounds amazing and that's just after 10 x mins of messing around on it :mrgreen:

Yes I have a Suitcase and Stage Rhodes also.
by monsterjazzlicks
Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bitwig - competition is great

Well it's £250.00p I won't be spending !! :geek:
by monsterjazzlicks
Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Berklee College (Mooc)

Hi folks,

I have been off the scene for a few weeks for various reasons. Anyway I plan to start being creative again real soon.

Someone kindly posted a thread (on here) earlier in the year notifying us of a FREE course with Belfast University. It turned out that (I think) I was the only person to actually do it !! lol

Anyway, Berklee (USA) are running a similar type of MOOC and it is also free.

Here is the link :-

https://www.class-central.com/mooc/506/coursera-introduction-to-digital-sound-design

You sign up, they send you a confirmation email, and then you click on the link to create your Profile.

I will be giving this one a go anyway so may see you there.

Best,

Paul

(btw - it starts next week for [I think] 6 x weeks).
by monsterjazzlicks
Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just got to demoing the Jupiter 8, but I'm loading presets and when I try to adjust controls, I don't hear any changes. Is there something I need to know about this thing, or is it not working properly.

I'm going to get into a manual soon, but I thought this would have been something I could just play like any other synth.
I have only played it using a midi keyboard and changing the actual parameters directly with the mouse. This works fine. But I have not tried using a controller keyboard to alter the parameters.
by monsterjazzlicks
Sat May 03, 2014 1:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am trying the obvious ADSR. Nothing. It can't be that subtle. Maybe this is a demo limitation?

Not crazy about the presets, was hoping to find something called "Power Brass".

Why might you think you have a DEMO version ?? Did you only download a 'Trial' of it ??

I thought the Presets were mostly amazing apart from the ones which are (in my opinion) too 'modern' sounding. There are some Brass patches but not the one you mention.
by monsterjazzlicks
Sat May 03, 2014 1:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No I am demoing it first, because I figured if I bought it, I would be looking at that combo deal and slapping myself if I ever were interested in 1 or 2 more.

Maybe they aren't quite what I'm looking for at the moment, a lot of appreg and modulation and whiny high pitch, while I'm looking for a classic synthy multi saw brass (without the long release). But there are a few I can work from, the "w JP_8_xx" are good classic-er sounds.

I'm hearing delay on some, but I don't see an FX page... is that from the appreg? I have never used this synth.

And by now I'm sure I'm limited to the patches but no controls.

Yes you are probably correct that its running in Demonstration Mode.

I agree, I am not at all interested in the modern presets with the Arp and heavy Mod patches. Its still very very good but I would have liked it to be a little more 'classic'.

I heard the exact presets you refer to regarding FX. Sounded like very heavy Delays. I will have a look into it as it also puzzled me.
by monsterjazzlicks
Sat May 03, 2014 1:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

First thanks for responding. I am literally right in the middle of it, and need to keep going. I will probably go ahead and buy it, and hope it works. If I feel good about it, I'll still probably then get the collection and take the loss.

One thing, the weird presets do give me a feel of the range of this synth, and I am not hearing anything cheap sounding. It can do 8 bit type to ambient to core mangle. Very dynamic, and it sounds 'Roland' whatever that means.
I spent 30 x mins playing thru the sounds on one occasion and was very impressed overall. For the most part, if I purchased a REAL Jupiter 8 then this is how I would hope it would sound. It certainly has the potential to sound as 'modern day' as you want it too judging by the presets in this genre. If you had a full controller keyboard then I am certain this would be a very powerful VST to play live. And I also felt very 'inspired' when I played on it.

I think you should purchase it but preferably in a 'bundle' as I did.

If I have to time I would like to post some demo's. But at the moment I am busy with trying to get my head around FM Synthesis ! :ugeek:
by monsterjazzlicks
Sat May 03, 2014 2:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dongle Durability

Thanks G-String,

I will take a look ta.

Though I am thinking I should by a new dongle and start again (as hopefully a replacement wont fall apart like my last two have). Then I could use your tape on the new dongle from the beginning.

Cheers,

Paul
by monsterjazzlicks
Tue May 13, 2014 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dongle Durability

Steinberg took remote-access today and resolved it for me

That is soooo kool.

Yes, I have spoken to the tech support team and had beyond an EXCELLENT service each time. Not that I ever would, but this is one reason why I would never use 'crack' copies of software (and I am offered it all the time by musician friends all over the world). When something goes wrong you have nobody to turn to. :shock:
by monsterjazzlicks
Tue May 13, 2014 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Groove Agent 3 (32/64bit) ?

Lbro44 wrote:Hey what camera are you using for the vids? Or is it all in software.

I am using the free trial of Camtasia at the moment. I tried APowerSoft and Sony Vegas and also Fraps. I thought they were all bloody awful to be honest. With Camtasia comes SNAGIT which is great for stills and screenshots.
by monsterjazzlicks
Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic