Search found 7 matches

Return

Re: How much can it handle?

This kind of synthetic test just won't tell you anything meaningful - projects are so much more complex than this.

Different patches in VSTi's can take different amounts of processor power, even subtle tweaks to effects can add or subtract processor time.

The best bet is to not worry until you reach the limit of the computer, then either adjust the ASIO buffer accordingly or bounce some of the tracks.

You'll spend valuable time trying to work out something that is irrelevant - why not spend that time writing some music? - and what if your test tells you you can only make songs to a certain complexity? - will you decide to only write songs that are that complex?

T Shark
by TobyShark
Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Steinberg DJ-friendly Audio Interface

The UR44 would be fine for DJing, it has the independent outputs you need for monitoring and live mix and low latency drivers.
by Strophoid
Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You need an audio interface with at least 4 outputs for that, one stereo pair for monitoring and one stereo pair for playback. All Steinberg audio interfaces have at least 4, with the exception of the UR22 which has only 2.
All of these should work just fine with both Ableton and Cubase.
by Strophoid
Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep, I agree that is a shame. Then again these aren't really designed for DJ work, they've got lots of features you just don't need as a DJ (No sane DJ will use a phantom powered condenser mic, let alone 4 :P).
by Strophoid
Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would not worry about output level of the headphone amp, although 'loud enough' is not very clearly defined and is also very dependent on your headphone impedance.

Personally I would never buy the Novation for studio work. It has no useful inputs other than a single stereo RCA which is completely useless if you ever want to record a microphone or guitar for instance.

I have no experience with Ableton, the only DJing I ever did was with Traktor. With traktor however, cueing was very easy in the software and also on the hardware controller I had. I never felt the need for a button on my audio interface for that purpose.

It's your decision of course, but the UR44 is simply much better for studiowork and although the Novation may have a slight functional edge for DJing, the UR44 is also fine for that.

If you are still in doubt, you can try to find a local dealer that will let you testdrive the UR44 with ableton, just to see if that floats your boat.
by Strophoid
Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 8 Trial

Come on, it's not like it's June now ;)
by Ed Doll
Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic