Re: Nuendo 6.5?

It will be later next year.

Fredo
by Fredo
Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

850 Meters

Almost a year after completing production, "850 meters" is posted online!

http://vimeo.com/80977329

Nuendo from start to end.
:)

Fredo
by Fredo
Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nuendo Projects open in Cubase??

Shouldn't be any problem.

Fredo
by Fredo
Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: splitting quad tracks/files

Try the Mix Convert or Mixer delay plugin.

Fredo
by Fredo
Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Feature requests about ADR

I think that the open ending recording is the most important one here.
It will open up the ADR taker to many more usages.

Fredo
by Fredo
Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why isn't there a Nuage Section?

Since Fredo is the only one here that I know of who purchased one, I'd hoped he would've kept us up to date on how things were going with it in his studio. But, so far, nothing!

Well, things are going like they have been going in the past.
With the only difference that everything has become easier and faster in the Nuage Room.
If there is something you want to know about the Nuage, just ask.

Fredo
by Fredo
Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why isn't there a Nuage Section?

Hi John,

Welcome to the club!

Fredo
by Fredo
Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No consperacies, no ripp-offs, no cheating ...

Its a workflow model which is designed to be as productive as possibly can, within the least amount of time at reasonable cost. And that goes for the customer too.

Any other suggestion (fix this first, drop everything until ...,etc) is nowhere near as efficient and cost effective.
Yes, there are drawbacks and negative sides to it. But any other "system" would produce much more unconveniences.

And before someone says: "hire more people" ... that also comes with a price tag.
A price you are paying for ...

Fredo
by Fredo
Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well in the absence of facts and there's only conjecture.

The facts are right there under your nose.

Do you really think that anyone in his/her right mind would "sacrifice" the best selling DAW (Cubase and Nuendo) in the world for a few hundred (Oh, why not go wild, and make that a few thousand) potential Nuage users?

The only reason why Steinberg can further develop Nuendo as a Post-production DAW is thanks to the hughe number of Cubase users. Post is such a niche market that it is virtually impossible to make money in it. Unless you sell the product really expensive.

Fredo
by Fredo
Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [ISSUE] Nuendo's Ghost Limiter

Welcome to the digital world my friend.
There is *nothing* above 0dBFS in fixed point formats. It simply doesn't exists.
Anything above will be thrown in the trashcan (truncated) upon export.
That goes for all digital gear.

Within software (on the condition that you are using Floating Point software) you can virtually go above 0dBFS.
Upon export, or sending to a DA convertor (or any other digital outboard) you are entering the FIxed Point world where nothing exists above 0dBFS.

Fredo
by Fredo
Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nuendo output louder than external playback

Your Output should be set to "not connected".
Then you configure Control Room,a dn everything should work perfectly.

Fredo
by Fredo
Thu May 15, 2014 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thank you for making me laugh ...

Fredo
by Fredo
Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Multi-Mono-Plugins?

Basically, every plugin is mono. It processes "a" audio channel. A stereo plugin is actually two mono plugins with linked parameters. A VST3 plugin is a -as many channels as needed- multi mono plugin.

What has been asked for is a x-number of plugins side by side with the possibility of linking some parameters.
These are multichannel plugins with their own specific problems.
Mostly the are fixed to a specific channel config, and not usable within another config.
Which basically comes down to the fact that each and every user wants/needs a different set of plugin configurations.

Fredo
by Fredo
Mon May 26, 2014 7:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Steinberg hub coming to Nuendo...

Dog and Pony wrote: .... Steinberg is also deeply involved in the spraying of chemtrails ...

OMG ... It's out in the open ....
by Fredo
Thu May 29, 2014 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nuendo 6.5 announced

Well, then I suggest you try to troubleshoot the problem and/or call support, because this is clearly a problem with your setup/system.
If it would be a bug, then every user would experience the same problem.

Fredo
by Fredo
Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is the best video codec to ask the editor?

You need a format that have fully rendered frames, with other codecs it is within the decoding process (playback) that the "missing" frames are recalculated. That is why it brings Nuendo to it's knees.
Convert it to a format that is intended for editing such as Avid dnx36, Apple prores or Photo Jpeg.

Fredo
by Fredo
Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Congrats Fredo!

Another pic

foto.JPG

Fredo
by Fredo
Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [FR] Auto Conform Solution

Please let them know, with my compliments, that they are full of (add word to your liking)

Fredo
by Fredo
Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Using direct monitoring - how to?

There is a setting -not in front of a machine now- which makes that the routing & panning in Nuendo is linked to the "mixer" within the hardware. If you switch it off, it won't happen anymore. So Cubase/Nuendo remote controls the mixer within the hardware. I think it's called "ADM" (ASIO Direct Monitoring) on/off. (Unless that has been taking out)

Which is (or was) a different setting than the Direct Monitoring in the device settings Direct Monitoring flag.
Only when you disable "Direct Monitoring", the signal will actually pass through the software.

Fredo
by Fredo
Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nuendo in the Games Industry

Mind you, someone at Steinaha has woken up to the idea of a larger potential: rather recently someone realized that the "ADR Taker" could be used for Foley. In fact, it could be used for many things! And so can so many aspects of Nuendo. Why limit it's market potential?

You can't be more wrong ...

Since I am personaly involved in this, I can give you a clear answer.
I originally wrote the .csv marker import/export specification (or better: proposal) in 2006.
The user cases were determined from day one.

1. Scene detection
2. ADR spotting
3. Foley spotting
4. Music spotting
5. Foreign language dubbing

It has always been the idea to use the .csv import/export as being the "engine" behind a *complete* feature set which needed import/export to other applications.

All those feature implementations can be found in my 2007 paper, where marker attributes could be linked to other parts within the application and soft- and hardware outside the application.
I.e. markers triggering midi notes, wipes, streamers, VTR's, samples, samplers, etc ...

Each and every idea has been evaluated by the product manger(s) and the technical staff.
They did the hardest part, they improved the basic ideas and developed them within a long term vision and development roadmap.

You have absolutely no idea what it takes to implement an idea, make it fit into the application, and be sure that it still fits almost a decade later. Some things had to wait for a long time because of other "problems". Like the wipes and sweeps; that couldn't work at all with the old video engine. And that list of (things to change before we can do this- or that) is extremely long. And all these things need to be specified and coded within the available resources.

Just to say that our product managers and technical lead have a *very* good idea where they are going. I haven't seen any other company that has such a clear long term vision, and actually commits to it.

I can only say that there is so much more on that list, stuff you will see growing in the coming years.

I'll let you in on one more thing:
The "record enable target track" you find in the 6.5 update wasn't actually meant to be there, because it's not finished. The assignment of the target track is not user friendly since it is based on the track number.
Since the feature wasn't finished, it was never supposed to leave the Alpha stage.
We could however convince the product manager to put it in anyway, since it is so extremely usefull.
And that the wait for implementing it correctly (as they would like to) would have taken' way too long, because there are other technical issues that currently prevent this.

In short, it's all about prioritizing ... Doing the best you can within a specified timeframe and budget.
The job description of a Product Manager.
And as far as I am concerned, our Nuendo Product Managers do an amazing job.

Fredo
by Fredo
Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pro Tools vs Nuendo

Whenever someone asls me "is this Protools you are working on?", my reply is always: "Yeah, the professional version".
:)

Fredo
by Fredo
Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic