Search found 3 matches

Return

Re: Nuendo 6.5?

I feel a need to chime in with my agreement around the disappointment that 6.5 will be a paid upgrade (this hasn't happened before) and that 6.0x is apparently not going to be completely fixed before the 6.5 release leaving us with no real choice but to pay for the fixes in 6.5.

Dean
by Rickard
Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Steinberg is trying to be all things to all people. They are doing a pretty good job of it too. I have PT10 HD and I feel like there are some things that PT does better but there is far more that Nuendo does better so I use Nuendo much more.
So far they have been responsive to our requests, they have also borrowed from others and have come up with innovations on their own.
I am confident that Steinberg will continue to listen to the users to continue to streamline the process of making music.

Dean
by Rickard
Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have to say that I am surprised by the the # of people who are struggling with the new mixer. I have been needing to go back and forth between N6 and N5.5 almost daily and N5.5 is a little frustrating to use because of many of the missing features.

Having inserts and sends in the mixer at the same time without clicking is a real time saver for me. Finding effects is much faster (though required learning a new way) and finding a track in a 300+ channel project is much faster. Agents is amazing for mixing large projects . Visibility and Zones are now essential to me. I also love having an FFT on each channel not to mention the Studio and Post EQs. All of these things save me time and I wish I didn't have so many of my "need-to-recall" projects in N5.5.

That being said, I am in agreement about the mouse-over buttons. It would be great if these could be fixed buttons. There must be a way to do it and I haven't heard anyone say they like it as is. I am still missing the invert gain on the channel EQ. Why did that go away? I have all hardware monitoring so I don't use the Control Room but there seems to be universal agreement that this is a mistake. So I am in support of this getting fixed.

My 2 cents.

Dean
by Rickard
Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic