Search found 13 matches

Return

Re: got my order in for 7.5

yes, I won't put it on my studio pc because I need that to be reliable. putting it on the laptop at home means I can get used to it over a few weeks and await the inevitable update patches in safety. I think the upgrade price is reasonable for what is new and the workflow enhancements. got it ordered from absolute music solutions for £42.50 including postage from one end of uk (Bournemouth) to top end (Glasgow).
by eddiemacarthur
Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nelson Mandela

You will be miss Greatly!! A powerful person that helped changed not just this nation but the World..!!! RIP...
by EAP-Entertainment
Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Just Another Word (revised version)

Cool story, lost what I was typing because of a steinberg error.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Too many connections [1040]

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 757
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 111
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/common.php
LINE: 113
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_connect()

FILE: [ROOT]/posting.php
LINE: 17
CALL: include('[ROOT]/common.php')

In brief I was saying that you capture emotion very well in your compositions. The timings tripping into each other give it a cool, relaxing yet somber kind of 'wind-swaying' mood. Imagining leaves blowing off the trees with a dark sky, which is what it's like here atm. Quite fitting music to stare out of the window to. ;D Enjoyed listening as per usual. Hope you're well Kenny, regards J.
by Jonathan5456
Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Just Another Word (revised version)

Very nice, Kenny!

The sax is well done, but they're ain't nothing like the real thing... 8-)

Cheers,
Wim
Agree of of coarse Wim!!! You know I prefer the real deal but no one is ever in the living room to play at 2am :cry:
I am really unsure if the tune is worth the redo or not??? And it wasn't Kevin it is Kenny lol
Kenny
Kevin?!? Who said Kevin?!?... :P

If you decide to work on it some more just let me know.

Cheers,
Wim
by HornForHire
Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase Always On Top App

Mud may update its excellent application and allow us to solve the problem. Do not lose hope.
Unfortunately Mud's excellent effort is a workaround, not a solution (even the plugin selection window disappears behind the "on top" window).

But for now it's the best solution until Steinberg solves this one year old known issue :shock:

Until Mud comes up with an edited version I hacked his original file (hope he doesn't mind) so it will work with 7.5.
Another method is using his original file and rename your 7.5 launcher the same as the 7 launcher (Cubase7.exe).

The modified file can be found in the issue report for 7.5 here (sorry 64bit only).
by Niles
Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Iro: Track Color Pack for Cubase

http://seyoum.net/pictures/Logo.jpg

Hi everyone.

This is a neat little color pack I made for Cubase 7.5. For me, the default colors were not enough as I tend to have a lot of tracks, often with the same instruments, but with variations. It takes a considerable long time to make a set of new colors so I thought I would share it with you guys so you don't need to do this yourself. Am I not grateful? :D

http://dawlab.net/pictures/Iro.jpg

The pack consists of 8 different main colors with 8 additional shades of each color. 64 colors in total!
Once you install the colors I suggest you do not tamper too much with the intensity/brightness as this can cause some of the colors to look alike. Yes, I did this myself and had to redo everything.

Please see the link to my blog for installation: http://www.dawlab.net/2014/04/26/iro-2-0/

I do not have the privilege to test this on a mac or different versions of Cubase. If you are able to successfully apply these colors on another system please share how you did it.

Hope you enjoy it!

Seyoum
by seyoum
Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Problem with ADAT optical

I can at least confirm for you that I've sucessfully synced two Focusrite audio interfaces via ADAT without doing anything special except for setting the master unit's Focusrite driver to sync source "internal" and the slave unit's sync source to "ADAT."

I suspect it's not a setting in Cubase.
by Jalcide
Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Problem with ADAT optical

Sorry not in front of the computer right now. The tools for MR are the extensions that are added to Cubase. And no I don't slave the mr816 to anything yet. You might want to do a search on the forum, you problem has been discussed before. Try in the hardware mr816 part of the forum.
by peakae
Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.30 causes audio stuttering & Avg performance load sp

Hi guys!

I got a similar problem yesterday when i did a windows update; audio dropouts and higher cpu load.
I did a system restore and the problems disappeared but today when i reinstalled the updates the problems are back.

I use win 8 pro. 64bit

I did not notice any problem with cubase upgrade from 7.5.20 to 7.5.30, as others are reporting. In my case the issue is linked to the recent Windows update, see attached image for the updates I did.
by kimprotein
Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Using Cubasis with Access Virus Ti

Hi Kzarider,

here are some infos :

http://www.steinberg.net/fileadmin/files/PRODUCTS/Apps/Cubasis/Cubasis_Help/INSPECTOR.html#

http://www.steinberg.net/fileadmin/files/PRODUCTS/Apps/Cubasis/Cubasis_Help/ED_MIDI.html#

http://www.steinberg.net/fileadmin/files/PRODUCTS/Apps/Cubasis/Cubasis_Help/SETUP.html#

best
jan
by Hiltmann
Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi kzarider,

>I am hoping to use keyboard in live situation
You will play midi tracks with cubasis in live situation ?
>...and load multiple midi channels (12 to 16) in ios app to have easy access to sounds in Virus through Midi or USB.
Yes, it's possible. Assign on midi track midi input/output "1-16" or "All" midi channels.
>..I hope to use Cubasis to select channels and control volumes etc.
To control volumes you can use the midi CC data 0-128 you will find inside the midi editor on the left side.
On the midi setup page you can activate "send midi clock" and you can adjustment the midi clock output latency to be in sync with external midi devices and internal midi apps.
best
jan
by Hiltmann
Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes its the basis of my non PC rig..

currently i have an old ipad1 connected to USB 1, an Ipad air connected to USB 2 and a PC connected to USB 3. The DIN ports randomly have a Virus, a Nova and an MC-808 attached. The USB host port i use for either a midi foot controller or a USB keyboard controller.

You can route, map and filter ports, map & filter channels and filter & map midi commands.. its very flexible. eg you can re-map of channels (handy for sampletank) and midi commands (remap single CC to different CCs for cutoff on different synths in particular).. the computer setup utility is decent.. but requires brain effort.

Must mention that the USB host port ONLY supports USB-midi. This IMO is a poor design choice as you lose audio when you plug an ipad direct to a USB port, ie..you must stream audio to a computer.. So, if you wish to use this standalone, or with other iPads, or dont wish to use crappy asio4all driver on a PC, you need to run your iPad to a powered USB hub, run audio interface off this, and run one USB port to the iConnectMidi4.. This is how my setup runs, but you lose the iPad charging as a result.

ipad1 > USB1 (direct..midi only)
ipad air > USB hub
USB hub > iconnectmidi4, audio interface (Komplete Audio 6, or Scarlet 18i20), and occasionally USB midi controller for ipad only.
PC > USB3
Novation SLII (or line 6 shortboard) > USB host port
Nova > DIN 2
MC808 > DIN 3
Virus >din 4

..and midi falling all over the floor :)

if this unit had 2 extra host ports, one of which supported audio it would be perfect, but as is, for 199 its a bargain

Thanks, I was wondering about the iconnect, Are you using it currently? Will it transmit data to multiple computers both PC-Apple and iOS at the same time? That would be wonderful
Kenny
by Mystic38
Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fellow Virus user here.. so here is some shortform help..:)

a) to use live with an ipad you will need to use the virus in midi mode.. usb/midi will not work with the Virus from the iPad as it is not class compliant.
b) I would suggest to set the Virus to multi mode, and setup all of your patches, volumes pans etc directly in the multi-mode setup. You can then store the multi in one of several locations in the Virus.... iirc (thin ice) the first 16 slots of RAM-A correspond to multi 0.. so you can setup using virus control if you wish then re-save multi 0 to a different multi slot...(again thats iirc..its been some long months since i did this..)
c) when playing back from cubasis, you would still have control of automation of some parameters such as cutoff, resonance, etc..you will find a CC list in the Virus forums.

hope that gets ayou a head start..

oh..checkout the iconnectmidi4 midi hub if you willbe using more tahn just the virus..

cheers, Ian

Hi kzarider,

>I am hoping to use keyboard in live situation
You will play midi tracks with cubasis in live situation ?
>...and load multiple midi channels (12 to 16) in ios app to have easy access to sounds in Virus through Midi or USB.
Yes, it's possible. Assign on midi track midi input/output "1-16" or "All" midi channels.
>..I hope to use Cubasis to select channels and control volumes etc.
To control volumes you can use the midi CC data 0-128 you will find inside the midi editor on the left side.
On the midi setup page you can activate "send midi clock" and you can adjustment the midi clock output latency to be in sync with external midi devices and internal midi apps.
best
jan
Thanks so much for reply Jan, I have a roland midi adapter on order so hope to try next week. I guess I was unsure how to communicate with keyboard and load sounds as on Virus this is done through VST Control plug I run in Cubase. I will hopefully experiment after I return from doing a couple of clinics.
will play midi tracks with cubasis in live situation ?
I am not looking to do that now, I just want easy way currently to have access to sounds and switch/combine them easily
by Mystic38
Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic