Search found 19 matches

Return

Help Required

I realise this is not Cubase related - but I figured posting here would help maximise exposure.

http://www.kvraudio.com/focus/something-important-24298
by wodehouse
Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Set Definition from Tempo Confusion

I'm trying to drop a reference song (at about 127 bpm) into my 125 bpm project.

I want the reference song to be tempo adjusted and locked to the 125 bpm project.

I followed Greg Ondo's excellent tutorial on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c13UP4lrYkg

1) Select the reference song track and choose Project -> Tempo Detection...
2) Change time signature from its default set 1/4 to 4/4.
3) Select the track and choose Audio -> Advanced -> Set Definition from Tempo...

Now Cubase changes its tempo to match the Tempo Track based on the variations in the reference song.

Great.

Now to have it do the opposite, warp the reference song to match a fixed tempo, I should only have to remove the data on the Tempo Track, or deactivate the Tempo Track. Right?

So I do that.

Either way, while the reference song now does indeed lock to the fixed tempo as it should, the rest of my tracks are somehow offbeat, not looping correctly, etc.

How is this possible?

This doesn't make sense because the tempo, at this point, is fixed and is the same tempo as when they were playing back fine. Some tracks, like MIDI drum machines, seem to play back the same as they did before the Set Def. from Tempo, but other VSTi's (some frozen, some not) do not play like they originally did.

Again, same fixed tempo as before I started all this. So nothing, for them, should have changed, right?

Only that one reference song that I applied the Set Def. from Tempo on should be affected by all this, correct?

Hi Jalcide - Not in front of DAW, and didn't watch vid, but may be helpful to a) put all MIDI tracks in linear time base (the clock icon, rather than the yellow/orange quarter note icon), and to make sure all the OTHER audio tracks are not set to Musical Mode.

(PS Would consider working on a dummy renamed version of the project, sometimes it gets too crazy to get back to where you started if things don't go right!)
by alexis
Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is the difference between Group and FX tracks?

Basically the same, except:
a) An insert can be specified during creation of an FX track.
b) The channel is named with the chosen insert effect.
c) FX are added to the FX folder when created.
d) Groups are added to the Group folder when created.
c) They are classed differently for visibility in mixconsoles. For example, you can show/hide ALL the FX channels separately from the group channels, and vice versa.

If these differences don't mean much to you, because you name all tracks explicitly and you put your group/FX tracks in different places according to your visual routing association needs, you will probably be able to forget about using FX, in favour of using only groups. That way, you can build up a routing hierarchy and just insert FX in whichever group suits your purpose.
by Patanjali
Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Still no bezier curves in automation!!!!!

All joking aside, this -is- a drag. Like it or not, the world has gone EDM and if you do electronica of any kind you GOTTA be able to -easily- and -precisely- draw complex patterns.

I've been struggling (literally) for months with a vocoder effect in Reaktor where I want to modulate a formant filter to make various 'syllables' really POP on certain bars/beats.

What I -want- should be easy as pie: imagine a sine wave pattern that is itself modulated by a square wave.

Now... try -drawing- that in Cubase. Can it be done? Sure. You can also break out of Shawshank in 19 years.

Electronica lives and dies by creating complex automation like this and without precise drawing tools it's a total pain. You can have all the new synths in the world, but good automation is what makes it -interesting-.
by suntower
Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Still no bezier curves in automation!!!!!

Agreed, we need more automation curves.

But instead steinberg has given EDM producers DJ- EQ and Loopmash, which shows they have no clue what EDM producers need :lol:
by patcub
Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

16 inserts per track

What is with keeping to 8 inserts, it's like insisting on wearing flared trousers in the 80's.

Please get a grip and at the very least add two more, be brave and allow 12 or go all out modern and give us 16.

Seriously 8 inserts is completely backward, disrupts workflow and is not a technical limit and would probably take 5 mins to re-code.

This should be in the next minor release version!

Treat us like professionals!
by ControlX2012
Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 4 significant Cubase 8 issues I'm seeing

My only gripe is that the new font means that the thinnest track height available is now considerably wider. This definitely needs addressing if it's the case (could be wrong), I'll be experimenting more later.

The new font is excessively large and bold. The font style itself looks like something from a comic book rather than what you would find in professional software.
by Greg Houston
Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CMC not fully supported in Cubase 8 !!

I just tested in 7.5 and it functions the exact same way: Arrange window needs focus.

May I humbly suggest, in good fairness, that you consider putting a [Solved] in front of the title. :)

Let's save our CMC abandonment anxiety wrath (for now) and hope that by the time our pitchforks and torches and sharpened and lit, we'll be on Cubase Pro 22, where the preferred method of input is holographic gesture and thought-control. :lol:

Granted. I'll check this later and place [Solved] in title for now. I don't recall it ever not working as expected in 7.5, but if it's good for you guys then I'm very grateful for the heads-up.

I wander if this is the same reason for the similar issue in this topic ?

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=230&t=69728

Freddie - all the lighting looks fine to me.
Hope that helps.

On the thought control, I hope any neighbours don't have 'louder' thoughts than us. The interference is bound to be an issue :-)

You are right though. I'm just deeply deeply upset that Steinberg dropped these units exactly at the point I bought into them and 'realised' they were genius ! I'm now terrifed of getting really fluent with them and then losing functionality. It's a real shame. I recommended them to countless studios and colleagues. Having sets of controls I can litter around the studio where I want them without having to have them all stuck together in one big ugly unit is a Godsend.

Please bring them back into the fold Steiny. They really are brilliant !
by Potential - o- meter
Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bug? Or Designed by Mephistopheles?

^^ 100 times this.
by MickGael
Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Minimize Bug? Or Designed by Mephistopheles?

You are right: title edited. :D
by MickGael
Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UI: Consistency

Harshness in the criticism - like in this post - is the main reason why it's hard to get Steinberg to notice any posts. Think about it.
by sonic74
Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi there,

yes, this issue will be fixed on the first maintenance update. It probably won't be 100% perfect yet, but it will behave much better than it does now. We are preparing a quick fix for some of the most urgent issues for you to have ASAP, but the improvements will continue throughout the whole Cubase 8.0 life cycle.

Stay tuned!

Regards
by Luis Dongo
Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Does SB Understand Customers' Needs for VSTi MIDI Sends?

OK, it appears (and happily so) that one can render-in-place MIDI parts in MIDI tracks, not just MIDI parts of instrument tracks as is stated in the documentation. This is demonstrated in an SB video (thanks, Mr. Ondo) here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WHRWaufmoU&index=3&list=UUAv0mI6kHe7uqohgOiS2lQg

That'll teach me to read (and believe) the documentation!

That said, there's still a compelling case to be made for MIDI sends in instrument tracks.
by dmbaer
Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UI: Consistency

+1

I don't mean this in an aggressive way at all, but Pro Tools 11 gets more and more attractive from a GUI perspective (it's very professional-looking and very consistent, with just as many functions), as Cubase gets more fuzzy and inconsistent and illegible.
by Headlands
Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heres How get rid of the glow fonts in aero

To disable the glow on a Win7 Pro in Control Panel >System>Advanced System Settings > Performance > Settings > Visual Effects >Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop.

It may switch back to classic on clicking, simple un-cklick it and reselect your saved (minimalistic) areo theme.

Don't forget to turn off transparency and in the customize windows look and feel box, also set your desktop to a dark colour, (or any of your choice) but, loads of colour pictures etc as a desktop do take up CPU cycles to maintain in the backround. click on all the borders and ensure there are not two col ours bleeding in any of the options, If there is just set colour 1 and 2 to the same.

Click and apply and there you have, no glowing fonts in areo!

Hope this of help to people like me who don't like the glowing fonts!
by Outsounder
Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASIO Guard 2 Hiccups, Loud Stuttering Noise, Reboot Requ

Maybe it's a particular plugin... Test it by disabling thru your plugin manager the Asio Guard for the single vst.
by lordadb
Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Declutter/Clarify Mix Console Channel Selection Hitarea

I agree for the most part.

But for this:
Or I click in the Fader area, forgetting that for some reason it doesn't select the channel either, but instead moves the fader (with no Undo!), even though the fader, itself, wasn't clicked on.
It may help to set the Fader behaviour from, Jump to Touch, in the Preferences (should be the default, but for some strange reason, isn't).
Then you can click in the fader area.

PS. The first thing I do for every Cubase/Nuendo installation ;)

Hope this helps a tiny bit :)
by TSR
Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you had asked me before the release of Cubase 8 if it was possible to make windows management in Cubase on the Windows platform even worse, I would have said that it couldn't be done. Well, I was wrong. Steinberg has managed to make the program even more cumbersome, inconsistent, and counter-intuitive (at least in terms of the UI). Well done, Steinberg.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I got a warning from the board Admin for posting something similar... he objected to my use of the term 'bug'... but what else can you call this?
It's not a bug, it's a feature. :)
Seriously though, Steinberg's made the quirkiest window management and menu bar I've seen, ever.
I like a lot of the new features, like VCA's (a feature I requested years ago), but the window management should never have been released in the state that it's in. If I wanted to be a beta tester I would have applied for it, not paid for it. :)
by Shortstop
Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic