Search found 16 matches

Return

Re: this'll change everything 14 nov

The foto shows the upper part of a iphone. It,s got to be something with hard or software in combination with the iphone or ipad or Cubasis 2.0..

I wouldn't say that I hate Apple. It's rather some sort of not being bothered with their stuff, like I'm not bothered with stuff by many other companies that I actually don't hate.
Anyway, I don't own iStuff and I'm surely not going to buy it only for running Steinberg apps.

Amen.

Except for the fact that I have political reasons (freedom of speech, full ownership of my own devices, anti - censorship, fixed battery, etc...) not to buy i*.*.

+1

We have a dongle already...we don't need another one. :)

Best Regards
Freddie
by Freddie H
Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

DJ's have a place in modern contemporary (classical) music, as a visual feature or backdrop to a genuine musical performance.
by forthwith
Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I’m 54 and I’m not a DJ or beatzmaker as you put it but I know many as I do classical musicians and one is as skilled as the other. Do you realise how arrogant as well as ignorant that made you sound.

All I said is that DJ's and "beatzmakers" don't actually make music, they just rearrange someone else's loops. Factual. They might be very skilled at that, but in my book, they're not "musicians." In other words, apples and oranges. If that makes me sound arrogant to your ears, so be it. Do you have any idea how many years of study and practice it takes to become a good classical (or jazz) musician? And you think a DJ is just as skilled as a musician? Seriously?

I basically agree that it's factual. Every teenager with a computer and few plugs pretends to be a musician just because he can sync few loops. Give him a piano and ask for a jazz song...
by dr4kan
Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not sure how posting a video of a guy playing a song that has probably been written 4000 times and could be written/played by pretty much any grammar school piano student is an argument for the guys talent.
by JMCecil
Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Question] Does new "Instrument track 2.0" work with VST

The chances of Steinberg setting off a firestorm of criticism by [...] disenfranchising thousands of users the ability to use their [old plug-in format] is laughable at best.

Yes. As we all know, only Avid gets away with this.

and Apple , every time they introduce a new version of OS everybody else is expected to drop everything they are working on and spend loads of money and follow suit !
by G-string
Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mahalo to 'SteveinChicago' & 'Vic_France' re: Sebelius—>

Scoring enhancements? I didn't read anything of that sort. Could you please detail what was "enhanced"?

The key to better scores
The Score Editor has been further enhanced to feature all MIDI-related functions from the Key Editor, giving you all the tools you need, when you need them. This includes dedicated edit operations involving the chord track or basic tasks like quantize, transpose and length editing, all sorted and arranged clearly for a speedy workflow. You can easily switch between the score symbols and the MIDI functions Inspector with the new tabs at the top of the edit section. Not just another improvement, and certainly something you won’t want to miss by the end of the first day.

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cubase/whats_new/whats_new_in_cubase_75.html?et_cid=15&et_lid=20&et_sub=Coming%20soon:%20Cubase%207.5

it's simply not in the same league as Finale or Sibelius for that purpose, so why bother?
For me using one music programme is very 'satisfying',
and if I run into major probs, Sebelius is just a double-clik away.

I was never able to scoring effectively for more than just a small combo/lead sheet etc when using Cubase 4/5/6.
For larger projects I have used Finalé/Sebelius.

For this project I am scoring for a big band plus strings and chorale

Saxes-1st alt/2nd tnr/3rd alt/4th tnr/5th bari
Brass-4 trp 4 tbn
Rythym sec-Pno bs drm gtr
Strings- 4 violins 3 violas 3 cello
Chorale-30 voxes bs alt sp

And I am for the first time using C7 for the project and it is working.
Nuthin wrong wi dat.

BTW on a funny note (Bb)
My budget is enough this year that I can hire a guitarist (if they can read :))
so curteye can take the conductor's baton. :)

I will be thanking Steve and Vic (and steiny) with every wave of my arm. :)
3/2 time signature anyone?

{'-'}
by curteye
Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Now Steinberg - Five things...

"The steering wheel in my car is round. had been for the last 100 or so years. should I keep it forever ?"

thats a wrong comparison in the context of the question!

The correct one would be ... "everyone else has a round steering wheel but mine is square, should I keep it ?"forever?
by War Geordie
Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mac-osx to win7-64 bit migration

HI GUYS ...
after so many usage mac osx I'm thinking of upgrading to Win 7 64 bit.
prices of apple in value performance no longer justifies the cost of a mac ... :?
I ask you of the forum .... :roll:
Tips for a daw with cubase 7 on win 7 64 bit.
components, the stability of the system, your impressions ...
Help me

An excellent choice, if you are serious user and want performance, stability, AUDIO, working with a professional DAW as Cubase 7.

* You can choose your own quality components with PC,
* The stability on the PC are much better then MAC OSX.
* Performance like "night and day" compare to MAC-slow...
* Work, Record with "low latency ASIO-audio" ,OSX Core Audio can't even handle a normal buffer setting without drop outs.
* Use 40-75% more plugins on same setup VS on same computer with OSX-MAC...
* You use "Wave files" that load and read twice as fast as AIFF-files,
* You have security, no one can hack and take over your computer and all the files in one second, VS no security, non existed on MAC, open like a book,

* Use latest graphic cards and drivers and work in crystal clear graphic and VIVID colors --> no more MAC dull grey environment that make eyes go bad.

So everything is better on a PC Windows 7 x64 compare to any MAC computer. Windows 8.1 x64 gives you even better performance and stability then Windows 7 x64.

http://www.dawbench.com/images/dawbenchdsp-multi-md5-11-10.jpg
Plugins =38plugins in Cubase on MAC VS 130 plugins in Cubase on PC. In this example 71% more plugins on PC.
Check the number on Pro Tools MAC VS PC and you see even more performance gain on PC like almost 90%

Welcome aboard! ;)

Best Regards
Freddie

Regarding overall audio performance, multimedia, graphic etc. Anything you throw at it Cubase 7 will use it.
by Freddie H
Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where's Bredo?

He even complains when got what he asked for. :lol:
by ETB
Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HI GUYS ...
after so many usage mac osx I'm thinking of upgrading to Win 7 64 bit.
prices of apple in value performance no longer justifies the cost of a mac ... :?
I ask you of the forum .... :roll:
Tips for a daw with cubase 7 on win 7 64 bit.
components, the stability of the system, your impressions ...
Help me

I did this exact thing for these exact reasons.

Zero regrets.

The performance boost you'll enjoy is on 6 fronts:

1) It new hardware so it's of course faster than what you currently have.

2) Price-performance is better with PC. Whatever you get with the money you spend, it'll be faster.

3) Modern CPUs are very overclock friendly. Motherboards from, for example, ASUS, come with built-in overclock profiles that can be chosen with a simple menu selection in the BIOS. So your faster hardware will be faster still, because Apple doesn't provide any tools to overclock. Can you overclock a Mac? Sure, but it's tricky and unsupported. With the right Motherboard purchase from ASUS, they'll actually support you OCing it. They have a phone support of technicians called "Overclock Engineers" (I'm not making this up) that will walk you through it for free. It has to be on their "OC Supported" list -- so call them first and find out which ones are.

4) Cubase performs faster, all things being equal (same hardware), under Windows.

5) Windows ASIO performs better at low latencies than OS X Core Audio -- this is well documented over at Dawbench (an old article but still applies)

6) VST Plugins, by many 3rd party vendors tend to be more optimized than their AU counterparts. The affect of this can add up. I have not heard any complaints of the reverse being true, but there are probably instances.

The net effect of all of this will astound you.
by Jalcide
Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy new year to you, too, and all! All unfortunate to be reading this thread. We, the mangy, disheveled, misfit, caffeine-wired, platform-debating, hunkered over our computers when we should be out, music computer nerds. :lol:

My New Year's wish is that this thread stay in 2013. :lol:

And if anyone has any tweaking tips for Mac, I'm all ears.

Boot Camp ?

Oooowwww, BOOM. :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist and am totally kidding.
by Jalcide
Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just to pile on - recent Mac OS X to Win 7 convert here. Actually running Win 7 off my 2009 Mac Pro....the performance and stability gains using Kontakt / VSL / Cubase are staggering. Of course people not doing the HEAVY sample work I am probably won't notice these kinds of increases.
by GPnicolett
Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thunderbolt

In my opinion Thunderbolt is one of the most over-hyped "technologies". It's nothing new, just 2 older iterface busses squeezed into one connector/cable.

It's just another example of artificially trying to make older equipment look obsolete.
by Jarno
Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I know many going to be angry on me by saing this but actual Papi is 100% right here.

Those that say or state that APPLE and OSX has better performance then Windows are delusional or are the "ones" that spreading false information here.

To be completely honest. As it is today, Apple and MAC comes only with setbacks, no real benefits.
That's why I think we all will see a big turn in very near future, that less music application will continue to support it.

I think soon both Steinberg , AVID Pro Tools, DP, NI and many other manufactories will just drop apple support.
It just takes time and away valuable resources for the programmers trying to add OSX support for it with clearly no great impact or any kind of benefits.

That's the real raw truth, even if you like or not! :|

Best Regards
Freddie
by Freddie H
Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic