HI GUYS ...
after so many usage mac osx I'm thinking of upgrading to Win 7 64 bit.
prices of apple in value performance no longer justifies the cost of a mac ... :?
I ask you of the forum .... :roll:
Tips for a daw with cubase 7 on win 7 64 bit.
components, the stability of the system, your impressions ...
An excellent choice, if you are serious user and want performance, stability, AUDIO, working with a professional DAW as Cubase 7.
* You can choose your own quality components with PC,
* The stability on the PC are much better then MAC OSX.
* Performance like "night and day" compare to MAC-slow...
* Work, Record with "low latency ASIO-audio" ,OSX Core Audio can't even handle a normal buffer setting without drop outs.
* Use 40-75% more plugins on same setup VS on same computer with OSX-MAC...
* You use "Wave files" that load and read twice as fast as AIFF-files,
* You have security, no one can hack and take over your computer and all the files in one second, VS no security, non existed on MAC, open like a book,
* Use latest graphic cards and drivers and work in crystal clear graphic and VIVID colors --> no more MAC dull grey environment that make eyes go bad.
So everything is better on a PC Windows 7 x64 compare to any MAC computer. Windows 8.1 x64 gives you even better performance and stability then Windows 7 x64.
Plugins =38plugins in Cubase on MAC VS 130 plugins in Cubase on PC. In this example 71% more plugins on PC.
Check the number on Pro Tools MAC VS PC and you see even more performance gain on PC like almost 90%
Welcome aboard! ;)
Regarding overall audio performance, multimedia, graphic etc. Anything you throw at it Cubase 7 will use it.