Search found 25 matches

Return

Re: Lost USB licenser

but.. where is suport for resolve this problem? it seems that steinberg redirect for distribuitors.. a serious problem that is easy to happen.. usb key e-licence may not be the best solution,

Support already contacted the user, so I don't get the point?

In case the user is not in the EU, then yes, MySteinberg re-directs to the Distributors (i.e. Steinberg Support USA, Yamaha Support AU, etc.). Requests within the EU sent via MySteinberg reach the Support Team in Germany.

Should not be that easy to lose it, as one should carefully look after the dongle. But can happen, yes.
by Fabio Bartolini
Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lost USB licenser

HighProductions wrote:I have stupidly misplaced the USB e-licenser for my version of Cubase 7.

My question is, do I have to buy a complete new package of cubase to get a new licenser, or is there a way to order a replacement/a program where I do not have to have the e-licenser that I could use?

Thanks

PM sent.
by Fabio Bartolini
Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How do i access the vst instruments from the new mixer?

C'mon guys. Drop it.

This is going nowhere.

Let's make music. :) :) :) :)
{'-'}
by curteye
Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Three thingies that could help... (Windows only, sorry...)

Hope that it will help some of you as much as they do, here... Three VBScript that do the following :

1) CubaseKC103 : a key commands viewer for your setup that display them all in a Notepad window. I managed to make them all appear more or less in one window, using Notepad, mainly because it uses almost no resources, with less than 2 Mb used.

2) CubaseRC124 : a generic remote settings and Quick controls viewer. This one works only for Quick controls settings and Generic Remote definitions that are actually saved in an XML file, using the 'Export' button of the 'Device setup' window.

3) CubasePS104 : a preferences saving tool that saves all your preferences and, after this, launch Cubase. This could help in case of a crash (yes, it happens...), as the saved preferences from the previous session could then be retrieved and pasted in their relevent location again.

Actually, all these are updates of the following threads or posts that I did a while ago :
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=305211#p305211
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=229814#p229814
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=235762#p235762

which are no longer relevent : I changed several things, since...

See the ReadMe.txt file of each of them for the usage and eventual limitations. All these are based on a CubaseprefsPath.ini file which points to the preferences path of the Cubase version that is involved. The main purpose of this is to be able to display settings or save preferences of each and every Cubase versions that you might have installed on your system.

Feel free to report back any issue, using them...
by cubic13
Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by sonicassault
Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase Update 7.5

Where, s the thumbs down button
by JMCecil
Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

It’s the same thing every time an update is announced…

Compiled *witch* List

1. It should be free… free.. free.. free… I want it to be free… Everything should be free… free… free… Everything except me because, well, because…
2. I hate these new features…. hate… hate… hate… hate these new features… I’ll never use them and they suck anyway event though I’ve never used them and don’t know a thing about them…
3. I want the old mixer back… Give me the old mixer… Give me the old mixer… I hate the new mixer… hate… hate… hate…
4. There should be 500 different versions of Cubase… No, 1000 versions, no 100,000 versions. One made specially for me… me… me… me…
5. Cubase sucks and I hate so I’m switching to Reaper/Pro Tools/Logic/Garage Band/MS Word… Until next week when I download the update because I hate Reaper/Pro Tools/Logic/Garage Band/MS Word…
6. All software except Cubase is perfect… perfect… perfect… perfect… It all works exactly perfectly… It even works when I’m not using it… And its free free free… And I have my own version of it that they gave me for free… And did I mention its perfect?

Steinberg does a damn fine job of building ridiculously complex software which sells at a ridiculously low price.
by cpechet1
Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

Fabio, this looks like hide the hands.... if Cubase 6.5 does not have these problems with all 3rd parts plugs, why Cubase 7 have it? I don't speak about the mixer horrible concept they gave us.... unusable, unreadable.
So we have to test all these plugs for Steinberg?

Nope, sorry. It is the 3rd party developers that need to test their software with Cubase, not the other way around.

We also do not have licenses or know all of the stuff out there. I'm gladly testing the ones I privately own licenses for and download demos of the problematic ones when I receive a report. But it is the plug-in which needs to be tested in Cubase, not the other way around. A host cannot be built around plug-ins.
by Fabio Bartolini
Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: DO YOUR JOB UPDATE 7.0.6 RATHER THEN SELLING 7.5 !

thx .. i did post my problems and again the answers i get are : it's a bug.
i can do nothing more then waiting for an update .. wich is called 7.5 for 49$

If you missed it, we will release a 7.0.7 in January.

I do not find an issue report from you....maybe overseen. PM me or Fabio

As my colleague Fabio Bartolini has written to you, watch you speech, explain exactly what is going wrong, step by step so we can reproduce it. Otherwise these topics will be deleted.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thread is closed and answered.

Regards,

Marcus
by Marcus
Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 at Last!

This is a joke. I can't even get to the product page. Nice job on the release, as usual. All the hype for this nonsense. SB couldn't close an umbrella with a full set of instructions. How many times does there have to be server issues on a release before they correct the situation? Laughing-stock are the only words I have. :roll:

Gna gna gna

http://makingourlifematter.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/whining-baby.jpg
by f.e
Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 Outrageous!!!

SCANDOLOUS!!!! ... oh wait that's a different thread ..
by JMCecil
Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CMC series & Cubase 7.5

Hello,
yes the update for Cubase 7.5 and the CMC controller there are no problems.
Running fine with me.

cmc_controller_b.png
by Ryan Finley
Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

(UPDATED): Cubase / Cubase Artist 7.0.7 maint. update coming

Dear Cubase 7 users,

As we have done in the past, we will release a final free maintenance update to the previous major version of Cubase and Cubase Artist. Therefore I'm happy to announce the 7.0.7 maintenance update for Cubase 7 / Cubase Artist 7, which will be released on February 4, 2014.

This update will see many of the issues resolved which were addressed during the Cubase 7.5 development cycle:

Global
• When opening a file selector dialog the mouse wheel always works as expected.
• Switching the ASIO driver no longer leads to unexpected behavior.
• (OS X 10.9): All non-modal windows are displayed correctly.

Project
• Projects created in Cubase 7.5.x that use the new TrackVersions feature are fully compatible with 7.0.7..
• When opening a project, locked tempo / signature tracks are now restored correctly.
• When using the Browse button in the Add Audio Track window, the Result (Previewer) part of the window is always displayed.

MixConsole
• The layout of MixConsole no longer misaligns when switching from a multi-display setup to a system with only one display.
• Setting the zone visibility of the input/output channels now works as expected.
• Hiding the EQ section in the Channel Settings window now works as expected.
• Using Control+Shift+arrows in MixConsole for changing levels now works as expected.
• The context menu on the channel strip module knobs and in the fader area of MixConsole now works as expected.
• Loading a second project with MixConsole opened in full-screen mode no longer renders the application unreliable.
• When using knob mode for the EQ section in the Channel Settings windows, the phase rerverse button is always visible.
• Loading an FX chain preset no longer renders the application unreliable.
• Changing channels with the cursor keys in the hardware rack of MixConsole no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.

Plug-in
• The gain reduction meters of the Maximizer works as expected.
• Copying a REVerence instance to another channel or copying a channel which contains a REVerence instance no longer leads to performance issues.
• (OS X 10.9): Using VST Connect no longer leads to an unsreponsive state of the application.
• Using REVerence (or Roomworks) and bypassing it, then moving to a section in the project without audio and disabling bypass for REVerence no longer leads to unwanted playback of a buffered reverb tail.

Audio
• Emptying trash in the Audio Pool now works without issues.

MIDI
• Playing back a MIDI track containing lyrics events to an external MIDI device no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
• Dragging an event up/down with the mouse in the Key Editor always leads to accurate audio preview.
• Resizing the controller lane in the Key Editor now works as expected.
• Import a MIDI file with the preference set to "Destination: Instrument Tracks" no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.

Score
• Using the bottom scroll bar to navigate horizontally in the Score Editor no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
• Printing to PDF from Score Editor and replacing an existing PDF file no longer lead to an unresponsive state of the application.
• Printing from the Score Editor in Cubase Artist / Elements / AI and LE now works as expected.
• Toggling between the vertical and the horizontal position of a symbol palette in the Score Editor no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
• Activating "Animate Note Cursor" in the Score Editor preferences no longer leads to an invisible note tool without preview capability.

Hardware
• When using an MR816 the hardware rack is always available from the drop down list.
• Changing the Digital I/O mode setting of MR 816 in the Control Panel or Audio Hardware Setup no longer renders the application unreliable.

Thanks for choosing Cubase!

Helge Vogt - Team Leader Product Marketing Group
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
by Helge Vogt
Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Makumbaria wrote:Hi,

Anyone here is using CMC series in Cubase 7.5 without issues? I think I am gonna buy the upgrade next week, but is good to know if everything is running fine for everyone!

Thanks!

No issues, work perfectly fine! ;)

Best Regards
Freddie
by Freddie H
Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All good here too...
by cpechet1
Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cubase / Cubase Artist 7.5.10 maint. update in the works

Dear Cubase / Cubase Artist 7.5 users,

The 7.5.10 maintenance update for Cubase 7.5 / Cubase Artist 7.5 will be available from February 6, 2014 on as a free download and includes the following improvements:

Global
• The loading time of huge projects is no longer unexpectedly high.
• Switching between projects with different sample rates now works as expected.
• Closing the record mode pop-up of the Transport Panel now behaves as expected.

AUDIO
• Emptying the trash on the Audio Pool no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
• Inserting hitpoints now works as expected.

MIDI
• Audio return channels of instrument tracks are now always displayed correctly.
• Clicking on a MIDI region of an instrument track in an inactive project while holding the SHIFT key no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
• Reselecting a drum map in setup window no longer renders the application unreliable.

SCORE
• Scrolling in the Score Editor now works as expected.

MIXCONSOLE
• Switching between channel strip presets with different EQ positions no longer affects the bypass EQ state.
• Switching from a multi-display to a single monitor setup no longer changes the MixConsole window configuration.
• When using a Steinberg UR series interface and displaying the hardware rack in MixConsole, scrolling and zooming now works as expected.

PLUG-IN
• The complete plug-in set is now working as expected in Cubase Artist 7.5.

REMOTE
• All functions of a Mackie Control Universal involving the SHIFT button now work as expected.
• Using the configurations 1-8 on a Mackie Control Universal now work as expected.
• When switching tracks during recording, the Quick Controls now behave as expected when using a Mackie Control Universal.

Helge Vogt
Team Leader Product Marketing Group
by Helge Vogt
Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why plugin opens faster if you press CTRL?

Why plugin window opens faster if you press CTRL?
I want to open with the same speed with a simple mouse click!
by soundstudio
Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SOLVED: C7.5 Start-up Error

Just done an install of C7.5 on new Win 8.1 PC.

Attempting to start Cubase fails with an error at "Initialising Video Player":-

Error: LoadLibrary failed with error 87: The parameter is incorrect

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

James

UPDATE

Seems that the AMD Catalyst Drivers for Windows 8 are missing a registry entry.

When Cubase requests OpenGL access it loads an AMD dynamic link library. This then uses the registry to load the OpenGL component as specified by OpenGLVendorName (64-bit) or OpenGLVendorNameWow (32-bit). Although the code is actually there the registry entry for 64-bit machines is absent.

How to Fix:

Use Notepad to copy and paste the following registry entry into a file and save it with a .reg extension.

Double click the file to "run" it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000]
"OpenGLVendorName"=hex(7):61,00,74,00,69,00,6f,00,36,00,61,00,78,00,78,00,2e,\
00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,00,00,61,00,74,00,69,00,6f,00,36,00,61,00,78,00,78,00,\
2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,00,00,00,00

Seems to have solved the issue here. My next challenge is to get a legacy Firewire driver for Win 8.1 to resolve the audio pops and clicks (thanks Microsoft!).
by Jenks
Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How to get a update to HALion5 or HaLion5 dvd?

Dear Dutch555,

I have sent you the download links for the Halion 5.

For all other users: If you need any installation files, please contact the support by email:

info(at)steinberg.de

Cheers,

Jan
by Jan Neddermann
Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mixer idea

I had an idea last night after working on a tune with about two dozen tracks. Yes....another "what if?" idea. It's fairly painless.
Click Me
by Weasel
Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Soundtoys free plugin Little Primal Tap (non ilok)

http://www.soundtoys.com/common/php_framework/cms_resources/product_images/102_screenshot_small.png

The yearly Soundtoys free plugin thread. If you haven't tried them you will want to.

No ilok required which is great news.

https://www.soundtoys.com/sxsw2014/&rc=329-8346-887

Sharing code 329 8346 887

Of course its their usual competition.

Got to be in it to win it.

Peace
by MFX
Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cubase / Cubase Artist 7.5.20 maintenance update available

Dear Cubase and Cubase Artist 7.5 users,

We are happy to announce the availability of the 7.5.20 maintenance updates for Cubase 7.5 and Cubase Artist 7.5. Both updates are a free download and fully supported (please see the bottom of this post for links).

Improvements
• TrackVersions: Delete Inactive TrackVersions
• Control Room Improvements
• Channel/track visibility: Key command for “Update configurations”
• Steinberg Hub: Remove recent projects from list
• Project window toolbar: Additional buttons
• New Preference: Record-Enable allows MIDI Thru
• New Preference: Colorize folder track controls only

Issues resolved
Project
• An issue that interferes with the "Save" and "Close" behavior has been resolved.
• Toggling between projects with a MIDI track located before an instrument track in the track list now works as expected.
• Rack instruments behave now as expected when working with several projects at the same time.
• Searching for hidden tracks using "Find tracks" now makes hidden instrument tracks visible.
• Unmuting a folder track now unmutes all tracks inside the folder as expected.
• The agent "Hide muted tracks" works now on muted instrument tracks.
• The behavior of side scrolling with a Logitech mousewheel has been corrected.
• "Import track archive" works now as expected.
• The preset name of the Track Control Settings is now visible.
• The navigation of the In-place Editor works now as expected.
• "Punch in" works now as expected in Re-Record mode.
• A problem involving the pre-/postroll time display in Japanese language has been resolved.
• Gluing two MIDI parts no longer leads to unwanted transposition of certain notes.
• Resizing parts in locked tracks is no longer possible.
• A visual problem with frozen tracks has been resolved.
• "Select Tracks with Same Version ID" no longer shows automation lanes of instrument tracks.
• Locked tempo/signature tracks remain locked after re-opening a project.
• The ¢ symbol of the time signature palette of the Score Editor creates now a 2/2 time signature.

Audio
• Automatic hitpoint detection now works reliable.
• Audiowarping in the Sample Editor now works as expected.
• A problem with the visibility of the grid in Audiowarp has been resolved.
• A rare problem in VariAudio that rendered the application unreliable has been resolved.
• When ASIO-Guard is enabled dropouts no longer occur.
• The "Replace by" offline processing function works now as expected.
• Exporting a stereo mixdown to a new project now inserts a stereo audio file on a stereo track.
• Closing the window after exporting MP3, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis no longer renders the application unreliable.
• Exporting a 5.1 surround audio mixdown with the option "Wave split file" no longer renders the application unreliable.
• A visibility problem of the "Resolve Missing Files" window has been corrected.

Instrument tracks
• The agent "Hide muted tracks" now works on muted instrument tracks.
• The name of the main output of an instrument is now shown correctly on audio returns.
• Unmuting folder tracks involving instrument tracks work now as expected.
• Muting instrument tracks and MIDI sub-tracks now works as expected.
• The "Mute" key command now works for instrument tracks in the Project window as expected.
• The preference "Select Track on Background Click" now works properly for audio return tracks.
• Copy-pasting MIDI data now works for instrument tracks on the Project page.
• Selecting all inputs in the VST Instrument Rack now selects the correct instrument track.

Score
• Print out now works as expected in Cubase Artist.
• Activating the function "Animate Note Cursor" now works as expected.
• Key commands for all symbol palettes are now available.
• A problem with redundant and missing key commands has been resolved.
• Zooming behavior of the zoom tool now works as expected.
• Filter checkboxes now update as expected when key commands are used.
• The box symbol in the replace mode is printed as expected.
• Chord Assistant: The state of the cadence mode is now recalled correctly.
MixConsole
• Clicking on the EQ bypass button while holding the Option/Alt keys now works as expected.
• Load/save EQ presets are available again in the Channel Settings window.
• The solo defeat function of instrument tracks now works as expected.
• A problem with the visibility syncing between MixConsole and Project window regarding instrument audio returns has been corrected.
• The function "Deactivate all mute states" now works as expected after selecting "Mute input" on virtual instruments.
• It is now possible to switch the visibility of collapsed folders that contain other folders inside the MixConsole.
• A rare graphical glitch on the horizontal scroll bar of the MixConsole has been corrected.
• Inputs and outputs can now be assigned using QuickLink on MIDI channels.
• A problem involving the visibility of the horizontal scroll bar in the MixConsole has been resolved.
• The preference "Select channels/track on solo" now works as expected when enabling the solo input of VST instruments.
• The solo button now works on external instruments as expected.

Automation
• The function "Activate/deactivate write (read) for all tracks" now affects the Quick Controls, too.
• Read mode is now enabled when pressing the write button.
• The command "Show used automation on a selected track" no longer opens the automation of the selected track’s group channel.
• "Delete automation of selected tracks" and "Delete all automation in project" are now available for audio returns of instrument tracks.

Plug-in
• The loading time of projects using HALion 5 has been improved.
• The Phaser plug-in works now as expected.
• An issue in VST Connect SE that may render the application unreliable under OS X 10.9 has been resolved.
• Saving the project under OS X while VST Connect SE is connected to VST Connect Performer now works properly.
* Please note that this list applies to Cubase 7.5 and not every entry may apply to Cubase Artist 7.5.

Download

A detailed version history and the 7.5.20 Updaters are available here:

Cubase 7.5 downloads
Cubase Artist 7.5 downloads

Helge Vogt - Team Leader Product Marketing Group
Hamburg, Germany
by Helge Vogt
Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How do I color channels like this:

Best hidden feature ever ;) (prefs>Event Display>Tracks)
by SteveInChicago
Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic