Search found 107 matches

Return

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

Should be free for Cubase 7 users especially who brought the software last 15 december 2012 for 150euro, why? We waited one year before have a semi stable version 7.0.6, nothing to compare with rock solid version of 6.5.5. I've stopped to use C7 six months ago, because missing mixer stuff, crashes on mac, incompatibility with Melodyne, glichs problems with Variaudio, a lot of problems with Native Instruments stuff....but I could continue....

I would like to see a decent and responsibility reply from Steinberg this time, with a special offer for that kind of users.... Otherways I will not upgrade anymore to any Steinberg software. I'm happy with C.6.5.5.

thanks
jj :D
by ufoqbase
Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

so we are looking at 7.5 and still we need to load up a hex editor and hack our vst3 plugin files to be able to list them in Cubase in a custom order? and we still cant grab a channel in the mixer and drag it left or right in order?

yet again i see some programmer has been working away furiously instead on this damn Loopmash waste of time.

i just cant comprehend the stupidity
by Blackout
Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Since when did software developers begin charging for half versions? My understanding is that 7.5 is not a "NEW"

version, as "Cubase 8" would be. I bought 7 at full price. As far as I'm concerned, I should get all updates, half

versions, "upgrades," etc., until a completely new version is introduced, for the price I paid initially. I'm pretty

irritated about Steinberg's choice in that regard - people didn't pay extra for 6.5, what's up with paying for 7.5?. To

me this is yet another example of corporations splitting hairs in order to stuff their pockets. Going this route essentially makes you dope dealers. What next? Start

charging for quarter versions, or every single update? It's still version 7 until it's version 8, in my book, and I paid

for version 7 and all it's incarnations as far as I'm concerned. Why didn't they just stuff all these new features into

Version 8? Here's why: because the cost to purchase a entirely new version is prohibitive to most and people will balk

at it, so if you can exploit your customer base by pricing "upgrades" just within reach (for approximately another $75

US) by promoting the idea they're missing out if they don't have the new features, then they'll bite and everyone there

at Steinberg is a marketing genius - albeit a greedy one. :evil: Not cool, Steinberg. I paid for version 7 and you're

telling me 7.5 is, essentially, a new version and you must be paid for it - so, in essence, I've paid $575 for version

7? It essentially appears that the 7.5 "upgrade," with the exception of a couple of features, is just an attempt to

force me to buy your plugins. Please don't go down the same road Adobe did, they shot themselves in the foot with their

Creative Cloud series of graphics programs. Just about everyone hates their subscription model. They then got their

servers hacked and customer info and credit card numbers stolen out of spite because people hated the power struggle

involved with trying to own and control their own tools; not be dictated to and treated like sheep, and keep control of

their own craft - hey, we're not all sheep, some of us are programmers. Their new software was immediately cracked and

hacked and spread all over the 'net like Nutella on toast. Just an FYI: "Out of one's ignorance, another's genius is

born." Corel corporation is now enjoying a healthy renaissance out of Adobe's selfish ignorance. I guess you better make

hay while the sun shines, eh? I'll pay for the update because I use these tools constantly, but don't look to

me for continued brand loyalty. I'll learn a new interface if I have to in order to protect my wallet. This business of

charging "by the inch" ultimately does not set well with people. So, a year from now, when you're on the verge of

releasing version 9, do the folks that are still using version 7, then get the 7.5 update for free because it doesn't

"count" any more? I just bought Halion 5 two months ago, you gonna jack me for another $50 or so for Halion 5.5? GRRRRR!
by Shabadoo
Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have no words. Cubase 7.0.6 is full of bugs and crashes frequently and now a paid upgrade??? Steinberg, what planet are you on?
by Steve Helstrip
Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Printed Cubase 7.5 Manual

Happy iPad owner here (other tablets are available), so am glad to be free of the frustration of printed manuals that rapidly go out of date. Apps like PDF Expert are excellent at annotating and searching.
by ChrisW
Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mixing console and plug-ins: they play cat and mouse

I'm in the mix console, I do not ask it is always in front. I open a plug-in, I always request in front. I click on the console: it hides the plug-in! It only if it is full page. But how annoying bug! We have work! :evil:
by cmbourget
Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Plugins "always on top" option issue if accessing via mixer

Here's the issue

- Open an empty project with Cubase 7.0.1
- Uncheck "plugins editors always on top" in the preference
- If I access plugins via the main window by opening the inspector-insert, then everything works fine
- If I access the same plugin via the mixer the close the mixer, then the plugin stays on top of the main windows.

The problem happen with any plugins.

It was alright in Cubase 6, now it's broken, but only when accessing via the mixer...
Can anyone confirm that?
Thanks.
JP

Win 7 Home, i7, Cubase 7 32 bits.
by villemure
Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Always on top VST plugging and mixer doesn't work properly

In cubase 7.0.1 When I open a VST plugging like an EQ or a VST instrument if I touch the mixer it will go to the back and this is really uneasy to the work flow, even if I have selected the "Always on top" option.
The same with the mixer, sometimes I have to press F3 two times to make it disappear.

Open the mixer and open a vst plugin, then touch the mixer with the mouse and then the plugin will go to the button, then try to make it appear pressing in to the plugin button of the mixer, you will have to press like 3 times.

Open the mixer and then touch a VST plugin, the mixer will not disappear but, if you want to make it disappear with the F3 botton then you need to press two times.

Check it please
by franbeck
Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[R-3455] plugins are hiding behind fullscreen mixer ?

Problem
plugin windows are hiding behind fullscreen mixer.

Reproduction
1. Put mixer window into fullscreen mode (Monitor 1 or 2)
2. Load and open a plugin (plugin window should be on top of the mixer)
3. Click anywhere on the mixer
4. Plugin window is now hideing behind the mixer
by davidgiga1993
Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MixConsole bug still in 7.07 - nobody noticed yet?

Throw them a $ and they'll fix it.

Come on Steiny! Here boy!
by Sentenced
Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fantacyzer wrote:They didn't fix it in 7.01, nor in 7.02, nor in 7.03, nor in 7.04, nor in 7.05 nor in 7.06, nor in 7.07 ... so why do you feel so optimistic now?

They didn't even fixed it in 7.5.10. So the only thing we can do is STOP INVESTING OUR MONEY in paid upgrades Steinberg offers.
by Maxim Komov
Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Incoming hotfix.

..I hope.

They didn't fix it in 7.01, nor in 7.02, nor in 7.03, nor in 7.04, nor in 7.05 nor in 7.06, nor in 7.07 ... so why do you feel so optimistic now?

So true. It's amazing how complex Cubase is, yet Steinberg just cannot get these graphics right. I have similar issues when I use Cubase 7.x but I find it's just easier to use 6.5.
by Steve Helstrip
Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MixConsole bug still in 7.07 - nobody noticed yet?

I set up a multi window project layout that looks like this:
ce707a.jpg

When I switch MixConsole to fullscreen, it looks fine:
ce707b.jpg

When I close the fullscreen view, the multi window layout stays the same except that the transport bar is missing now.

But now comes the ultimate anticlimax: I save the project and close all windows. When I load the project again and switch the MixConsole window to fullscreen, the Mixer channels are bloated like this:
ce707d.jpg

A full screen MixConsole is a wunderful idea - but it is absolutely useless with this strange behaviour. Every time one has to manually shrink the channel wide and switch back the transport bar again. I mean, this is an absolute showstopper - has really nobody noticed this yet?

Steinberg! Hello?! After 1 year and 7 updates - what is sooo difficult to keep the fullscreen channel wide the same as in child window view?
by Fantacyzer
Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

7.0.7 late update

7.0.7 update was announced in january now it's 4 february.
but that's over 6 month we wait for it already !
all posts anouncing it are locked.
when i report that really steinberg was doing the minimum to fix heavy bugs in there product my post was attacked by admins and hidden admins then locked... and this one will certainly be too.
but how come we can't complain on something that is absolutly insulting to people who paid for and are trying to work seriously with a tool that barely works ?
by sgodzillat
Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.0.7 late update

Actually all I ask for are bug fixes. :D
by orchetect
Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree with all Martinoto said. Also, I guess it´s a bit of a dilemma to have a divided customer base, the "amateur" and the "pro" crowd.

As someone who makes his living from using DAW´s I have no problem to pay good money, maybe a annual /monthly fee for having a 100% rock solid product, which is doable if the cash inflow is sufficent. However, I can totally get that the "amateur" crowd (who can not write off their DAW spendings) is not so keen on spending lot´s of their hard earned cash for having bugfixes etc.

It´s a delicate balance act I guess.
by claesbjo
Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Your statement is hypothetical.

Since we don't have a subscription model yet, $teinberg should provide us with bug free products in the end of each release circle (i.e. work as advertised) without additional costs like point releases or whatever. What they do now is not only unethical but barely legal too. I realy hope that lawsuits will start coming their way soon.
by Sentenced
Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi Martinoto.

You said "We users keep asking DAW Manufacturers for more features on a daily basis."
These were the good days. Now we are asking bug fixes on a daily basis - fixes that they don't deliver. V7 Mixer was redesigned with each patch release (this to me is an alpha/beta stage software at best) and suddenly the go like "we'll release one final patch" and if you want more fixes pay fifty more euros and you can have 4 or 5 more patches that fix things (like what happened with 6.07 & 6.5.5.) Feel free to believe what you want but this is something totally not cool in my book either for professionals, amateurs or whatever kind of users.
by Sentenced
Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree with all Martinoto said. Also, I guess it´s a bit of a dilemma to have a divided customer base, the "amateur" and the "pro" crowd.
As someone who makes his living from using DAW´s I have no problem to pay good money, maybe a annual /monthly fee for having a 100% rock solid product, which is doable if the cash inflow is sufficent. However, I can totally get that the "amateur" crowd (who can not write off their DAW spendings) is not so keen on spending lot´s of their hard earned cash for having bugfixes etc.
It´s a delicate balance act I guess.

WORD! BIG TIME!!

Perhaps the forum should be segregated between users who use the product to make a living
and those who use the product to not make a living.

However in that scenario one side would probably be very sparely populated when compared to
the other side.

Ah! back to big business. You just can't get around that fact.
{'-'}
by curteye
Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Freeze doesn't work properly on project with big latency: it shifts the tracks in time putting out of sync.
by dream
Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Your statement is hypothetical.

Since we don't have a subscription model yet $teinberg should provide us with bug free products in the end of each release circle (i.e. work as advertised) without additional costs like point releases or whatever.

They does, and that's the point. A subscription model would be the expensive solution I've referred at in my previous post, and I am not saying it would be the best solution. Many SW developers have implemented a subscription service which didn't work either. The problem is how fast we would like to see the fixes. Since the fixes came for free ("work as advertised"), I honestly believe Steinberg does well enough, but anybody could disagree. If the manufacturer wants me to pay for the service, I don't think any payable fee will be fast enough for us. In fact, how can any developer guarantee any given fix time to fix some bug they don't know it exists in the first place? And if I have to pay for it, I will definitely ask for some response time guarantee.

We can discuss if every new version should be tested better before delivery, and I can agree in some extent. It also costs A LOT (if you have a friend who works as a SW Tester, ask her/him), and it obviously will be added to the final price.

At the end, it is all about balance between a well tested product, a better version every year, and a support team that delivers. I my honest opinion, I think Steinberg does well regarding that balance. I got an state-of-the-art product, which my business could depend on, at a fair price, and with an acceptable (for me, at least) response time from Customer Support. None of the bugs that came from all my previous versions of Cubase was fatal. Even so, I always keep the previous version at my desktop, just in case, and never had to use it since C5. Trust me, I use Cubase for living.

Regards,
Martin
by Martinoto
Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

@Martinoto

Some people get by with a little understanding / Some people get by with a whole lot more
by Sentenced
Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When dealing with human beings sometimes things can get delayed.
The plug that I use in this situation is called: 'Patience' ver1.0.

Works well. And it is 'free'.
Just download it and give it a try.

Good Luck!
{'-'}
by curteye
Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, right. I'm using Patience 1.0 as an insert on my inputs and my outputs, and okay, it does what it says, BUT, now I don't get that hyper, excited feeling that I had gotten so used to. It's just mellow, groovy vibes all the time. A gain knob on this plugin is sorely needed! Don't I have the right to adjust how patient I am!? (I have the plugin bypassed at the moment.)
by SteveInChicago
Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We, the old Steinberg users, have mastered all versions of 'Patience' up to the latest V15.5R2. Yet it doesn't help much.

They have to ditch 'Milking the Cow' V38 first I am afraid....
by Sentenced
Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wait. There's a vers. 15.5R2 of Patience? Why the hell didn't I get the notification!?
by SteveInChicago
Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SteveInChicago wrote:Wait. There's a vers. 15.5R2 of Patience? Why the hell didn't I get the notification!?

Patience, its on its way Steve (they say..)
by Puma0382
Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SteveInChicago wrote:Wait. There's a vers. 15.5R2 of Patience? Why the hell didn't I get the notification!?

You were probably too patient and relaxed to tick the option "Check for updates automatically". ;)
by ipanema
Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ipanema wrote:You were probably too patient and relaxed to tick the option "Check for updates automatically". ;)

Arghh! What the?! I have it bypassed!!! Can't you tell?!! I'll never buy another product from them again!
by SteveInChicago
Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hmmmm maybe i just have an addiction problem -cant wait for my next fix.... damn steinberg!!! you told me you will deliver in jan.
my blood pressure is rising with all this wait grrrrrrrr where can i download latest version of patience???
by tex
Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It is windows Only :-)
by peakae
Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

nothing to do with patience. i'm not waiting for new features to have some fun or whatever.
it's my job, i'm trying to work for months with a tool that doesn't work properly. and yeah i'm fed up with this.
by sgodzillat
Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ipanema wrote:
You were probably too patient and relaxed to tick the option "Check for updates automatically".

Arghh! What the?! I have it bypassed!!! Can't you tell?!! I'll never buy another product from them again!

Good morning America!!
This just in:
A chicago-based musician is facing possible nervous break-down after a "V1 Patience By-pass" surgery. Doctors claim his rare condition might have been caused by NOT tapering off his medication while he definitely needed a higher doze. They also asserted that they had no idea the patient had attempted a self-induced by-pass before the operation, simply because there is no blood test indicating the amount of "Patience" in the patient, while they were "under the impression (as earlier indicated by the patient himself) that he was still using the originally prescribed doze" and that "they felt sorry for him". A source who chose to remain anonymous (Curteye, who allegedly prescribed the medicine initially) says the patient never revisited him to control his doze of "Patience". He further disclaimed any responsibility. More on this, later on the news…

hmmmm maybe i just have an addiction problem -cant wait for my next fix.... damn steinberg!!! you told me you will deliver in jan.
my blood pressure is rising with all this wait grrrrrrrr where can i download latest version of patience???

On a related development, eye-witnesses say an angry-looking drugstore customer has attempted to increase his doze of "Patience" on his own discretion. Police took him to the hospital after smashing the windows of the "patience-related" drugs located in the rear section of the store. Witnesses say he was also using articulately "bad words" against one "Steinberg" company, based in Germany, Utah. The ER doctor claims he is suffering from high blood pressure probably caused by the "wrong" doze of "Patience". Unconfirmed reports say this particular patient was not "patient" enough to receive a "timely" update from the aforementioned company. Investigations are underway to determine the relevance, while our reporters are trying to learn Japanese as fast as they can to contact Steinberg. The relationship between the drug "patience" and blood pressure is taken over by FBI and may result in the questioning of the American Foods and Drugs Administration, Association, Organization, whatever…

And now with the weather is our one and only...
by ipanema
Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:lol: :lol:

That's it, I'm switching to Xanax Pro 1.5, but I'll combine it with Patience 16.0 when it comes out. See ya on the flip flop!
by SteveInChicago
Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

nothing to do with patience. i'm not waiting for new features to have some fun or whatever.
it's my job, i'm trying to work for months with a tool that doesn't work properly. and yeah i'm fed up with this. To respond on topic, sgodzillat– I hear you, and understand it's frustrating but I know that different people have different tolerances for this sort of thing. Those who have a low tolerance for bugs (I have a high tolerance, apparently) wait a while before updating, and certainly, they go back to the older solid version to get work done rather than bashing their head agains the wall.
by SteveInChicago
Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And the issues reported are?
by sycophant
Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It stands to reason a 7.0.7 update will follow the announced 7.5.10 update, but I haven't heard as such from Steinberg yet.

</speculation>
by orchetect
Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

orchetect wrote:<speculation>It stands to reason a 7.0.7 update will follow the announced 7.5.10 update, but I haven't heard as such from Steinberg yet.</speculation>

Actually this would be the best way to go unless the update (7.5.10) is already ready and is in the process of being compiled.
by sycophant
Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

was doing the minimum to fix heavy bugs in there product my post was attacked by admins and hidden admins then locked... and this one will certainly be too.
but how come we can't complain on something that is absolutly insulting to people who paid for and are trying to work seriously with a tool that barely works ?

There is plenty of complaining & praise here:http://www.gearslutz.com/board/cubase-7-nuendo-6/ with little worries of being banned with no warnings, vanishing or locked threads.
by greggybud
Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

orchetect wrote:It stands to reason a 7.0.7 update will follow the announced 7.5.10 update, but I haven't heard as such from Steinberg yet.

</speculation>

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=51812
by SteveInChicago
Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SteveInChicago wrote:
orchetect wrote:It stands to reason a 7.0.7 update will follow the announced 7.5.10 update, but I haven't heard as such from Steinberg yet.

</speculation>

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=51812

Aha! My Steiny-sense was tingling, and it never lets me down.
by orchetect
Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Steiny-sense. :lol: excellent.
by SteveInChicago
Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SteveInChicago wrote:they go back to the older solid version to get work done rather than bashing their head agains the wall.

+1
{'-'}
by curteye
Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ipanema wrote:
You were probably too patient and relaxed to tick the option "Check for updates automatically".

Good morning America!!
This just in:
A chicago-based musician is facing possible nervous break-down after a "V1 Patience By-pass" surgery. Doctors claim his rare condition might have been caused by NOT tapering off his medication while he definitely needed a higher doze. They also asserted that they had no idea the patient had attempted a self-induced by-pass before the operation, simply because there is no blood test indicating the amount of "Patience" in the patient, while they were "under the impression (as earlier indicated by the patient himself) that he was still using the originally prescribed doze" and that "they felt sorry for him". A source who chose to remain anonymous (Curteye, who allegedly prescribed the medicine initially) says the patient never revisited him to control his doze of "Patience". He further disclaimed any responsibility. More on this, later on the news…

On a related development, eye-witnesses say an angry-looking drugstore customer has attempted to increase his doze of "Patience" on his own discretion. Police took him to the hospital after smashing the windows of the "patience-related" drugs located in the rear section of the store. Witnesses say he was also using articulately "bad words" against one "Steinberg" company, based in Germany, Utah. The ER doctor claims he is suffering from high blood pressure probably caused by the "wrong" doze of "Patience". Unconfirmed reports say this particular patient was not "patient" enough to receive a "timely" update from the aforementioned company. Investigations are underway to determine the relevance, while our reporters are trying to learn Japanese as fast as they can to contact Steinberg. The relationship between the drug "patience" and blood pressure is taken over by FBI and may result in the questioning of the American Foods and Drugs Administration, Association, Organization, whatever…

And now with the weather is our one and only...

Excellent!! Made my night! :) :) :)
Sending much Aloha and mahalo to you.
{'-'}
by curteye
Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So, let me see if I understand this:

We users keep asking DAW Manufacturers for more features in a daily basis. And, since the "basic" features are already there, we ask for really complex new functions. Considering editing a not-so-pro choir section, and think what can be done today that was IMPOSSIBLE just few years back (not even talking analog tape here). Compare C5 and C7 in terms of functionality, for instance...

We also expected all those new functions, features, upgrades and updates to come as cheap as possible, preferably for free, because we already paid something like 500 bucks, right?. The current DAW used to cost double as much few year ago, but, who cares? It is not our problem, it is a manufacturer problem. This is the user POV.

Now, let's check for the manufacturers POV: users wants really complex modifications (even if they won't use them / need them in the near future), for free, developed with the same development team (manufacturers can't afford to growth the team, since users paid for the latest SW probably half they paid 10 years ago), and FAST. Manufacturers also has to deal with different computer environment (Mac OS X, several Windows versions, and hundreds of internal HW possibilities, plus hundreds of digital interfaces, in at least two different kind of busses). Oh, and please don't forget the support team, which should be available for free 24 hs / 365 days a year, in 5 or 6 different languages, and considering amateur users, as well as professional producers.

AGAIN, FOR FREE.

I don't know you guys, but I re-paid all the money I paid to Steinberg yearly with just one project (my Customers paid more than 50 euros for any kind of recording/mixing/mastering services, probably I am too expensive). And all of my amateurs friends, they know Cubase Elements or Artist is cheaper than two Nintendo / Playstation games, so they don't complain either.

Am I wrong?

PLEASE, LETS GIVE THEM A BREAK. If we want BETTER products every year, somebody has to think about it, develop it, test it, sell it, distributing it, document it, support it and make money out of it. This is the only possible equation. And if we want it FASTER, well, think on spending more money over the equation, because that is what it takes.

Just my opinion. I am a happy user anyway.

Regards,
Martin
by Martinoto
Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Martinoto wrote:Am I wrong?
You are right.
by SteveInChicago
Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We are discussing since last year about Cubugs versions of 7, first release was obviously a Alfa and maybe beta version of the new platform. Was a dramatic improvement between 32bit and 64bit technology, Steney changed the programmers and project management, we don't know the reasons, probably money as always. I can understand the stress and the problems to put hands on a complicate software programmed by others before. But the considerations should be just some.

1 Steinberg sell audio software
2 Users buy audio software for play, for job, for fun, etc

If you play for fun, could be ok and you can wait until the DAW is fully or partially fully working until the next release, who use the DAW for job means they pay the DAW for their job, for living because that software makes easy job too. Those people don't want a unstable beta version, yes they could pay 50 or more for fixing of course is not a big expenses... yes I can do that, but I need the new software NOW because my job depends from that.
Someone can say "don't buy the new version", "just stay on Cubase 6.5.5", yes no problem too. But this is MY FIX not a Steinberg fix. They sell a wonderful machine, with wonderful features than I would like to use for my job immediately not after 2 years. I want remember to all Cubase 6.5.5. is not fully fixed yet if we refer to the software specifics.

Its same for any kind of things in the life, if you buy a guitar you'll aspect the Guitar plays tuned, if you want a Piano you'll aspect the piano does not have broken key, same for audio board, for the computer system etc. It's all part of a big complex studio processing. And Cubase is a Flagship product of honored software house like steinberg.

Beta testing is a part of the programming structure, is the most important part, in the past Cubase users was like a Nuendo Beta tester, now we are all beta testers for Cubase and Nuendo for free. Nuendo users are less and less than before, especially on Mac their are disappeard, I've sold my Nuendo Licence 2 years ago.

This is not normal, because this brings a lot of informations to the programmers of course, but will takes longer to fix all the bugs. Ask money for fixing the bugs is offensive for all user already payed for the DAW. I don't care if the others do the same, this is not serious and honest especially for musician than use Cubase for create and sell their music. Cubase 7.0.7 is not complete bugs free but Steinberg announced this is the late update. And my "Steiny sense" suggest me we are beta testing 7.0.7 to make 7.5.10 more stable next month. So peoples payed to upgrade from 6.5 to 7 then beta testing until 7.0.7 for more than 1 year to pay again for a more stable but not bugs free 7.5.10. I think we will see 7.5.12 or 13 before Cubase 8, but in the meantime...

Is not a money problem Steinberg! it's about respect the job we do for living the job we do for you reporting bugs.
If you are not ready to sell the new DAW don't do it, or take a chance to stop producing DAW and concentrate all the energies under iOS, you will make more money, we will move to Logic and everyones happy.
by ufoqbase
Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

unsubscribed.
by SteveInChicago
Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Disagreement

Dear Steinberg Team,
1st Nonsense: I am customer of Steinberg products about 15 years and now I don't understand so nonsensical policy regarding own clients. So, free upgrade from Cubase 6 to 6.5 is ONLY for users who have registered Cubase 6 after 1 January 2012, it means about 1 year after the appearance of on version 6. So, customers who purchased earlier (usually long-time customers) are marginalized (it's not first time).

2nd Nonsense: I understand that the disease of greed is incurable. Costs of any update - as example: from Cubase 6 to 6.5, or from 6 to 7 - is about 40-50% of price new product! In one word - it is VERY expensive, and I'm not going NEVER buy any update from you, especially after your stupid information regarding 64-bit Cubase version (for PC on Cubase 5, on Mac Cubase 6...). I need honest informations. I need HONEST supporting not for 2-3 years (do you remember Midex 8, Houston, ST24/96, Virtual Guitarist 2, etc, etc... Where is supporting for those "professional" items??? For this reason I always advise my students: don't buy any hardware products from Steinberg, because is for 2-3 years - later this company has you in "deep mess".
Simply, you are geniuses of loss of customers! Congratulations!
Best regards,
by roman965
Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Disagreement

I dont mind paying for an upgrade. ..I just think it should be subject to how much you have spent in upgrades on your account and after 2 or three higher priced upgrades you should be eligible for one or two free then resets.

I really like cubase 7.5 im even getting to like the mix console in my opinion it was worth the price.yes their are problems with it I have read on here but for me I dont use the features people are reporting faulty. Im more of a tracker and mixer. .if its wrong I re do it. But for the people who use these features daily its probably a nightmare they dont function right so for them the upgrade price will annoy especially if its a couple of version jump.

be nice to see steinberg concentrate on tidying up as much as possible instead of pushing new vst instruments and FX previous versions have plenty of. and listen to the professionals/experts using their product for hours daily who take the time to report flaws or problematic features to try n improve cubase to an even better standard then everyone wins.happy customers pay for upgrades happy steinberg get the cash and less complaints n loose less custom. In a perfect world eh.. :lol:

End of the day avid do it waves do it..Personally bought all im going to from waves! Good stuff but their upgrade price isnt worth it (imo) .
but these companies have to keep the money coming in or no more toys for use dude :mrgreen:
by andyath
Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Want "Always On Top" for plugins!!! Worn-out.

Preferences/VST/Plug-ins check "Plug-in editors "Always on Top"".

naive. how you do it will work on two monitors with the mixer on one of them? monitors are located one above the other. stretch across two monitors main window I will not!
other sequencers do not have this problem! cubase is such a special one!
by soundstudio
Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't think this is ever going to be fixed honestly. I've given up waiting on this.

Theres a handful of other things I wished Steinberg would fix but they're either not reading the issue reports section, it's harder than we could imagine to fix, or they simply just don't care.
by Arc
Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Helge mentioned some time ago, that they want to change Cubase windows system. I hope the will do like Studio One or Logic.
by serenity
Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, i would like the plugin to stay in front of the mixer in my second monitor. Please fix this.
by patcub
Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Support told me a while back by email this won't be fixed in the 7.x cycle and maybe it will be fixed in Cubase 8.

I think this is a huge flaw when it comes to functionality of a full screen mixer. Unfortunately I doesn't seem to bother most multiscreen PC users (not an issue on Mac), otherwise more people would complain.

FWIW, here is a related topic with a workaround for 7.5.
by Niles
Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

naive. how you do it will work on two monitors with the mixer on one of them? monitors are located one above the other. stretch across two monitors main window I will not!
other sequencers do not have this problem! cubase is such a special one!
Have you tried turning OFF always on top for the mixer? Plugins should stay on top of the mixer if you want.

Why would you want them to anyways? Works here on both monitors..
by beerbong
Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Even in full screen mode?
by iBM
Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

beerbong wrote:Have you tried turning of always on top for the mixer? Plugins should stay on top of the mixer if you want.

Are you saying plugin windows stay on top of the full screen mixer without a hack on your PC?
by Niles
Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have you tried turning of always on top for the mixer? Plugins should stay on top of the mixer if you want.

Are you saying plugin windows stay on top of the full screen mixer without a hack on your PC?
Yes they do here. Unless I'm missing something they are working as intended.
by beerbong
Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fingers crossed for new window management in C8
by Marsman
Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes they do here. Unless I'm missing something they are working as intended.
Support could not help me, so I would be very interested to know how you did it. In my case the windows set to "Always on top" disappear behind the fullscreen mixer as soon as I touch the mixer ( this video illustrates what I mean.)
by Niles
Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by beatpete
Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

soundstudio wrote:
beatpete wrote:Preferences/VST/Plug-ins check "Plug-in editors "Always on Top"".

Sorry, I have only one monitor.
by beatpete
Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry, I have only one monitor.
you're forgiven :)
by soundstudio
Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thats true, they dissapear. For now workaround is stretch mixer window to borders and use it in not allways on top.
by serenity
Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I suspect that Beerbong doesn't have his MC set to Fullscreen......as he also said earlier about switching off AOT on the mixer which is not the same thing.

EDIT....Please ignore me if you read any of that....what I was suggesting works only with MC on the same monitor as project....not possible to switch off AOT with it on the other mixer unless you stretch the project window which is what we are trying to avoid...DUH!!
by Grim
Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It is absolutely NOT working with the mix consoles in full screen mode.

If you drag to fit the borders, and turn of AOT for the mixer, the plugins will stay on top (If set to in the prefs).

So, I as well suspect that Beerbong doesn't have his MC set to Fullscreen.
by iBM
Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

doesn't work with full screen mode and neither with always on top mode.

The only way to make it work is spreading the project window accross both monitors as stated. This needs to get fixed.
by patcub
Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://s27.postimg.org/hjfrh6nj3/alwaysmixer.jpg
Make sure this is OFF!!!!

Then, when you maximize it the plugins will stay in front (they will require to have the option turned on).

Works for me on both Monitors and all 3 MixConsoles

Perhaps you mean to say you want independent control per MC?

cheers

w8.1 cubase 32
by beerbong
Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I run dual monitors with the mixer in my second, and the plugins stay on top just fine. I do not maximize the screen, but rather drag it to full size (which is effectively just about the same); and like beerbong said above, I also do not have the mixer set to always on top.
by Brock
Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Then, when you maximize it the plugins will stay in front (they will require to have the option turned on).

Unfortunately your image shows you don't have the mixer set to fullscreen outside the Cubase main window. We are aware of the fact the traditional method by keeping the mixer within the main frame still works.
What we want is the mixer full screen to monitor X and the main window maximized on the other monitor.

I run dual monitors with the mixer in my second, and the plugins stay on top just fine. I do not maximize the screen, but rather drag it to full size (which is effectively just about the same); and like beerbong said above, I also do not have the mixer set to always on top.
On OSX there's no problem, you can use the fullscreen mixer how Steinberg intended it. So in other words, you don't have to stretch the Cubase main window across both screens when you don't want to.
by Niles
Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

you have a mac, but talk about the pc
by soundstudio
Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Unfortunately your image shows you don't have the mixer set to fullscreen outside the Cubase main window. We are aware of the fact the traditional method by keeping the mixer within the main frame still works.
What we want is the mixer full screen to monitor X and the main window maximized on the other monitor.

Ok, now I understand. Thx for clarifying.
by beerbong
Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Because it's obvious steinberg is not going to FIX this. They don't get another penny from me. In stead I bought a 3th monitor. Now all my plugins are on the 3th monitor.

I would advise everyone to do the same, get them where it hurts...

One can't buy new gear to compensate to half baked features from steinberg. This needs a fix.

And for people saying you can spread the main window accross the two monitors, well my two monitors are not the same size, so this is not a solution for me.

I can't spend more money on monitors only because of a bug or because SB implements features too quickly only to advertise on it and sell more licences. If it doesn't work 100% as it should it's not a problem for them as long as they make money on it.
by patcub
Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I contacted Steinberg- Maximize windows issue

I don't buy it, only because other windows do not open in full screen mode. It must be a steinberg issue
... I think that Steinberg choose to "fiddle" with the basics as little as possible ,

Which is why I'm not buying into it neither! Steinaha has had ample time to address this "issue" and have not.

I use beat designer on a 50" screen and it opens to full screen every time and also gives me headaches when trying to use it on a 2nd monitor.

The reason I think we aren't buying into it is because they continually keep adding stuff and totally overlooking the window issue yet, so many other things.

The fact that you can have other VST's and objects open "normally" and others don't means they are ..as you said "choosing to fiddle with them".

The fact that it CAN be done on certain things we use but not others means you are correct, it IS a choice.

I'll be sure to take that into consideration when I choose to make another purchase from Steinaha...

:geek:
by theRoyal1
Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Strange when I use Photoshop/Premiere/After effects I CAN Resize, I CAN drag windows to 2nd monitor, Open windows WON'T hide between other screens.

But somehow this seems impossible to fix for steinberg. But hey who is complaining, with the next edition we are going to get new synths and colour schemes... :lol: Love it.

by theRoyal1
Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Strange when I use Photoshop/Premiere/After effects I CAN Resize, I CAN drag windows to 2nd monitor, Open windows WON'T hide between other screens.

But somehow this seems impossible to fix for steinberg. But hey who is complaining, with the next edition we are going to get new synths and colour schemes...
I have no Windows issues in windows. Maybe back in Windows 95 & 98 when there were massive convolutions with VC drivers and such but now, Windows' windows work fine.

Actually, Slapping the window to the Side, Draggin it to the top, basically all the motions of windows work pretty damn awesome in windows.

But yet, Beat Designer goes full screen every time on it own and cant be set on top or anything within Cubase... Yea, It's all Windows' fault :roll:

by theRoyal1
Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where do you click to focus the MixConsole?

there are a lot of great features in the new console, enough for me to deal with the gymnastics involved.
I'm probably gaining more in terms of desk efficiency than I'm losing by the navigation.
No arguments, it's down to personal workflow.
Fwiw, I do see some positive aspects in C7/C7.5.
And I spent way too many hours in my test install of 7.0, trying to make it work, I really wanted to.
After checking 7.07 I gave up, it's supposed to be the best Steinberg can do atm.
Or they would certainly not call it the final update, right ?

Let's take a quick look at 3 of the biggest complaints, there is a boatload of other stuff too.
-- Broken KC / GR focus - nobody ever came up with any positive reasoning for this extreme workflow killer, nobody, not even Steinberg, so I guess it's safe to call it a huge bug. Why has it not been fixed 1 1/2 years later, not even in 7.5 ?
-- Completely incomplete implementation of those "mixer view presets" with the complicated name, good idea on paper, first thing I tested in 7.0.0. Still not ready for use, 1 1/2 years later - not properly integrated with workspaces, buggy on project reload, not including all visual aspects of the mixer, and worst of all, not even a way of making them system-wide or even only transfer them between projects - I guess it's impossible to describe a sensible workflow using this placebo.
At the same time workspaces have not been upgraded to include all the new good or bad mixer features.
Bottom line - it's no-man's land, there is no reliable method of recalling a visual mixer state in 7.x anymore, 1 1/2 years later.
Epic fail.
-- Last for now, the plethora of mixer zoom issues, again, not tolerable for any serious work - though, admittedly, the Channel Kermit View has quickly become a running gag among clients - too bad it always happens in exactly the wrong moment, so for client work it was quickly back to 6.5, these things are not acceptable.
Kermit's still alive and well today, 1 1/2 years later. Clients don't see him anymore though.

This list could go on over pages, and we're not even talking controversial design decisions here, we're talking workflow-killing bugs, plain and simple. 1 1/2 years later. No improvements in sight, nothing, not even for 7.5.

ymmv as far as these things concern you personally, they are reality however, not caused by user error or system specs.
1 1/2 years later.
Rhino
by Rhino
Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AP wrote:Yes I agree. 2 monitors is the ideal way of mixing. Very smooth.

For OSX that might be true, for Windows it's a different story because the plugin editors hide behind the mix console when you focus on the mix console. Really annoying!
by Niles
Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

^ I agree.

There are bugs, and then there are things that simply are not well thought out or diligently tested in house by real users. I can appreciate bug testing, I did a lil HTML back in the day. But error, quality testing, workflow... hard to have an excuse.
by mpayne0
Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes I agree. 2 monitors is the ideal way of mixing. Very smooth.
For OSX that might be true, for Windows it's a different story because the plugin editors hide behind the mix console when you focus on the mix console. Really annoying!

I don't know if you can do the following on Windows, but what I do is enlarge the mix console to fill my screen (but not "full screen") and set plug-in windows to "always on top".
by jpgtr
Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As long as there are enough morons BUYING the updates/new versions, there will be no incentive to steinberg to fix these major bugs for free...

I'm not a long time user of cubase But I got allready a nasty taste in my mouth from this company...

I bought the last few upgrades, and don't consider myself a moron, nor my decision to do so moronic. In fact I consider it money well spent.

I fail to see what your post has to do with the topic of MixConsole focus.
by Ian s
Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where do you click to focus the MixConsole?

If I have the arrangement window large enough to cover half the mixer, I am finding a very hard time figuring out a "safezone" to click over. Most of the mixer is hotspot and activates some contextual.

Currently I am tracking all the way to the far bottom of mixer to find the 4 grey squares, on some channels 2 of those squares are blank, and safe. This is a lot of navigation.

What am I doing wrong. I don't prefer a command for this.
by mpayne0
Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

on a PC, Control+Tab will cycle focus to the next open window. So if you only have the Mixer and the Project widow open, this will toggle the focus.
on Mac I think it is Command+Tab.
you could program a macro so it is only one keystroke, no mouse needed.
by johngar
Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I guess most people have shortcuts...

but for anyone who doesn't (I have 1000s of software shortcuts to remember for my day job, no more space!)
what are you aiming for?
by mpayne0
Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This may or may-not help you, but I use what used to be called "Exposé" in OSX. Its been merged with "Mission Control" now, but serves the same needs. It allows me to use gestures (a 3 finger swipe) on my trackpad to jump between different spaces (desktops), all items open in the currently focused app, as well as all items open on the OS. This makes working on a laptop much easier, imo.

Im sure Windows has some built in feature that exposes all the windows/items open in an app. And if not, I know there will be 3rd party apps.

Again, I dont know if this will help, but its how I manage to deal with focusing windows/apps/plug-ins. Good luck!
by SirJoseph
Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I click on the VU meter or the fader area (slider mode set to touch so it won't jump).
by Niles
Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was never able to wrap my head around expose, I wanted to. I have been meaning to re-familiarize myself with the latest incarnation of it. I also am an old dog and only use mouse, I refuse to learn gestures!

clicking the peak meter... yes that's a little better, but it resets it (if that's important to you).

I guess my point is that it is something they should consider... whether clicking the (out-of-focus) mixer should open a context menu, or should I click to focus the mixer first, then it can respond to contextual menu areas.
by mpayne0
Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not a problem here, as my mixer has it's own monitor... : ) Dual monitors rule for mixing!

My "hotspot" problem with C7 mixer is I now have to watch out where I engage a horizontal scroll (using an Apple mouse). Constantly messing up pans and send levels depending on where the cursor is ... One of the reasons why I'm finding it really hard to move on from v6. :? Whereas before I could whip around the mixer with a quick flick of the finger, now I have to interrupt my flow of thought and think about how I'm going to scroll to off-screen channels. Blah!
by jpgtr
Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Since C7 and MixConsole this has been something I've been aware of too. it's very easy to inadvertently alter something on the MixConsole.

I click on the meter bars to focus.
by Ian s
Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nowhere.

The 6.5 mixer always has focus, so does the project window. 8-)
No accidental change of mixer settings, working keycommands, working Generic Remote, working (!) workspaces, fast plugin menu, no Kermit view in mixer, easy CR submixes, relatively few bugs, no showstoppers ...
Hard to beat a well thought out product like that.
ymmv,
Rhino
by Rhino
Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nowhere.

The 6.5 mixer always has focus, so does the project window. 8-)
No accidental change of mixer settings, working keycommands, working Generic Remote, working (!) workspaces, fast plugin menu, no Kermit view in mixer, easy CR submixes, relatively few bugs, no showstoppers ...
Hard to beat a well thought out product like that.
ymmv,
Rhino
+1
by iBM
Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

on a PC, Control+Tab will cycle focus to the next open window. So if you only have the Mixer and the Project widow open, this will toggle the focus.

Yes it will. The only other tool to get around is a Key Command to make the focus go back to the project page.

Unfortunately I think Control+Tab is a Windows shortcut? Therefore you won't find this listed as a Key Command in Cubase. That's no problem of course...until you use a controller where you are attempting to assign a Key Command to an assignable function button on your controller.
by greggybud
Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes it will. The only other tool to get around is a Key Command to make the focus go back to the project page.

Unfortunately I think Control+Tab is a Windows shortcut? Therefore you won't find this listed as a Key Command in Cubase. That's no problem of course...until you use a controller where you are attempting to assign a Key Command to an assignable function button on your controller.
That's right.
You know I get so used to my Artist controller being able to make custom key commands I forget that you can't do the same with the Cubase macro set. :oops:
I have a custom button my MC that I have named "toggle" that is programmed with Control+Tab, that cycles focus through all open windows.
by johngar
Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have a custom button my MC that I have named "toggle" that is programmed with Control+Tab, that cycles focus through all open windows.

I don't understand this. How do you have an assignable button that you nave named "toggle" on your MC to cycle focus through all open windows? Alt+tab is not listed under Cubase key commands therefore to my knowledge it's not possible to assign it to your MC.

What am I missing here? (I don't use a MC, but I think the Icon uses MC protocol.)
by greggybud
Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, I've ranted about this in the F/R forum about 4,123,602 times. My Groucho-answer?

Don't bother trying.

Seriously. I try to -avoid- MixConsole. It reminds me too much of that old game OPERATION...

....if you touch the sides? You blew it Charlie.

There should be a mode where:

Single Click... selects the channel
Double-Click -activates- all the channel gizmos.
by suntower
Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't understand this. How do you have an assignable button that you nave named "toggle" on your MC to cycle focus through all open windows? Alt+tab is not listed under Cubase key commands therefore to my knowledge it's not possible to assign it to your MC.

What am I missing here? (I don't use a MC, but I think the Icon uses MC protocol.)
MC as in Artist MC Control.
You can program windows key commands on the Artist MC for the touchscreen, (not just Cubase key commands) , you can name it what you want. I have this button in several locations on my custom touch screens to toggle window focus.
You can also program any combination of windows key commands, cubase commands and Eucon commands and even string them together for powerful macros.
by johngar
Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

johngar wrote:MC as in Artist MC Control.

Got it! I was thinking Mackie Control.
by greggybud
Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic