Search found 41 matches

Return

Tips Tricks And Workflow Goodness.

Got a cool tip or macro to add to the list? Spotted an error or know a better way? Post it here and I'll add it on as and when I can!

There are lots more juicy tips in this thread that haven't been collated yet, or are a bit too general or complex to fit in this post. Have a wade through and see what nuggets you find.

Excellent Thread by Bane (looks like hundreds of hours of work here) thanks Curteye.
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=130&t=23576#p151237

Great Site Full of Tutorials thanks Norbury Brook .
http://www.cubasetutorial.net/

Best Ever Workflow Tip

The one piece of advice that keeps on coming up over and over: Learn the Key commands and assign your own. Almost every function can be set to a key command.

Here's an excellent thread by JMCecil with a utility for setting up and viewing key commands.
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=31882

Project Setup

Make templates!

Get a session set up how you like it, tracks ready to go, input and output buses, group channels, folder tracks even favourite VST instruments and FX, this is a BIG timesaver.

Template From Existing Project

Save your project under a different name first (avoids ‘lost project embarrassment’). Delete all the Audio/MIDI stuff you don’t want in the template from the project window. Hit [CTL]+P to open pool and right [Option]click, select empty trash.
BEWARE, don’t choose erase unless you don’t need the files, choose the‘remove from pool’ option. Erase option will send your files to digital heaven. Then choose Save as Template option from the file menu.

Naming Tracks

In the Arrange window, click in the track name box to get a curser, type in the tracks name ie; ’Kick’, hit [TAB] (cursor jumps to next track name box) type in next one and repeat. Hit [Enter] to end.

Naming Tracks Inside Folders - by Xtigma

Rename all tracks inside a folder to the same name.
Type name in Folder Track, hold down [shift] + press [enter].

Rename all events on midi track to track's name - By Mozizo

Dbl click track name(fonts highligted with blue).
Press and hold one of the modifiers and press Enter.

Assigning Input Buses and Channel Outputs

In the Mix Console, select the required audio channels and as you assign the 1st channel (Drop down menu in Mix Console-Routing Tab) hold down [Shift] and each channel will be assigned incrementally.
Holding [Shift]+[ALT] will send all selected channels to the same Input bus or output.

Macros

To create a macro

File/Key Commands/Show Macros/New Macro-and name it.
Highlight the command from the commands window and hit 'Add Command' after each.
The new marco should now be visible in the macro folder in the commands window. Assign it to a Key of your choice.

New Track Macro - by Rhino

For creating a new track with all routing monitoring and FX settings from existing in one go.

Project - Duplicate Tracks
Edit - Select All On Tracks
Edit - Delete

Bounce In Place - by Winter Rat http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=30597

Cubase Ninja Pro-Tools style Trim Automation - by Lukasbrooklyn http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=38182

Set L and R Locators to next 2 markers - by SeeWhat

Locate to marker 1 then apply the following macro ({Alt}+{/}.
transport- set Left locator
transport- next marker
transport- set Right locator

Mix Console/FX

Default FX Presets - by Rhino

In any FX container window, next to the preset box hit the cubase icon and choose 'save as default preset'

Open all insert GUI on channel - By mozizo

[shift]+[alt]+[left click] on E button of a channel.
To close all of them [shift]+[left click] on E again.

Reset Channel Settings - by Bacizone

In Track Inspector - Alt+Click on the Bypass buttons will reset the settings of Insert / Strip / Equalizer / Send

Audio

Pre-Insert Volume Automation

Make sure the 'Use Mouse Wheel for Event volume and Fades' option is activated in Preferences. Editing/Audio page.
[ALT]+Click on an audio event to cut it around the area you want to change, then hover the mouse over it and mouse wheel up for louder (up to 24db) or down for softer. Will also work for multiple selections or entire Audio events. Won't work for an Audio Part unless you dissolve part first [CTL]+ right[option] click to open context menu and choose Audio/Dissolve Part.
[CTL]+M/Wheel near front of event to adjust fade in or near rear for fade out.

Replace all audio clip instances - by lukasbrooklyn

To replace all instances of an audio event in a project (akin to exchanging a sample in a sampler), put your replacement sample in the pool, the drag it from the pool whist holding shift, and drop it onto the event to be replaced.

MIDI

MIDI Octave shortcut - by Stealth

Select midi event(s) in the project/arrange page then Shift + up or down arrow key to change octave.

MIDI Velocity Editing - by trashdinner

Hold shift + Ctrl, left click and drag up or down to change velocity on selected MIDI events.

Logical Editor - by Curteye

Being a MIDI guitarist from the early 90's the LE was a must learn.
Here is my approach(es):

1-When using it stop thinking like an artist/musician etc
and start thinking more 'scientific'. (similar but not quite the same)

2-Don't go in 'cold'. Decide want you want to accomplish and use a preset
that steers in that direction. There are many in Cubase. Tweak from there.

3-Save your tweak as a preset. You might need it later and you might forget how you got there.
(happened to me a lot at first)

4-Using LE custom presets along with Key Commands can really speed the workflow.

VST Instruments

Record VST instrument tracks without using groups or bounce or export - by JMCecil

F4 -> Output tab -> hit + sign and create a Stereo Output called whatever "VSTi Out". Do not assign this output to any of your audio card outputs.
On your Instrument track, set the output to the "VSTi Output" from the previous step.
Create a Stereo Audio Track in the project, set the INPUT to "VSTi Output"
Enable monitor and/or Record enable.

Layered Samples in Groove Agent SE - by trashdinner

If you add multiple sounds to a pad (by drag and dropping) use the first (top) option when dropping the sounds to a pad to layer them.
At first they will will not trigger at the same time but the different samples will trigger depending on the velocity so while the pad is selected, change the mode to "layer" instead of "velocity" in the main tab. Now they all trigger at the same time but you can't adjust the volumes or any other parameters of the different samples separately ... but here's how to do it:
There are 2 little buttons on the upper right side of Groove Agent SE, one is ABS or Rel (It's set to ABS by default)
and the other one is Pad or Sel (It's set to Pad by default). If you press the Pad button to switch it to Sel (while the multi samples pad is selected) you can now chose the sample you want to change the volume or any other parameters and it will only change the settings of that sample within the Pad instead of all the samples within the pad. So just select the sample, tweak some buttons and when you select another sample on the same pad you'll see the the tweaks you made won't affect the other samples :) I find That really usefull instead of having to have 3 midi notes for my kick sound, I just have one and tweak it inside Groove Agent SE.

Vari Audio

Variaudio shortcuts - by trashdinner

[tab] to switch between segment and pitch modes.
Hold [ctrl] while moving a note to snap to pitch.
Hold [shift] while moving a note to move it freely.

Editing of M/S - Recordings - by marQs

If recording i.e. a vocalist with M/S technique (to get that little air around) which I often do, record it to a stereo track (M = left/S = right) instead of two individual tracks. Mix6To2 or Voxengo MSED get you decoded in a second.

That way you can apply i.e. VariAudio + Warp to both channels while avoiding phase issues.

Works exactly the same if you track a DI guitar + an amp, up to 6 channels, see Rhino's tip on multitrack wave editing here http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=49327#p301663

Video

Video Scrubbing - by Carlo

Very nice for film-scoring if you play back a movie on a computer screen: Click directly in the Video Player window and drag the mouse left or right...

Toggle Full Screen Video - by BFred

Double-click anywhere in the video window to toggle full screen mode.

General

Resize Tool box (Arrange Window) - by Soul Burn

If you press right-click to open the tools menu and hold it pressed for about 5 seconds (it feels long), you can resize the shape of the toolbox. This lets you get to your tools with a shorter movement of the mouse.

Scissor Trick - by Bonso

Scissor Tool : alt/click when slicing an event divides the whole event into equal length sections.

Reverse Locators to skip section - by Rotund

If you just want to cut a section of a song, but want to hear the result first.
Simply engage cycle, then set your left locator to the end of the section to be cut.
Then set your right locator to the beginning of the section to be cut.
Yea, backwards.
Now playback from a point before the right locator.
The song will skip over the section enclosed in the markers.

Got something to share? Post your tips and ideas in this thread and I'll add them when I can.
by Paul Coyle
Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bring back the "On Startup" prefs pop-up

Bring back the "On Startup" prefs pop-up that was in Preferences>General.

It had options for Open Default Project, Open Last Project, Show Open Dialog which were useful,and apparently popular.

That are now missing.
Cubase 6:
http://thestevepage.com/img/On_STARTUP_Cubase6_Mac.png http://thestevepage.com/img/On_STARTUP_Cubase6_MacPopped.png

Cubase 7
http://thestevepage.com/img/On_Startup_Cubase7_Mac.png
by SteveInChicago
Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Steinberg Forum Knowledgebase for Users by Users

Welcome to the Steinberg Forum Knowledgebase.

The learning curve is steep. The manual is boring. How can one integrate all his different equipment into a unified, intuitive music making machine? This is why Bassbase and I built this knowledgebase. The Steinberg Forum Knowledgebase is constantly under expansion and is in no way a static article. We try to provide new insights with everything from opening your application to locking down that next purchase.

To use this knowledgebase to its full potential we recommend you take advantage of the "Search this topic" field at the top of this page in addition to the Table of Contents in order to quickly find your problem.

Table of contents

Cubase Troubleshooting

Tutorials

Elicenser Errors

Tools

USB Mics

Intro to MIDI

Novation Automap with Cubase

Wavelab Troubleshooting

Tips & Tricks

MIDI 101

Expression Maps

Interfaces and Recording

Remote Control Editor

Importing Older Projects

MIDI Instrument Setup

Drum Maps and Extras!

Buyers Guides and Consumer Resources

How You Can Help

Getting Started

Welcome new users! If you have purchased Cubase and are unsure of where to start, look no further. Familiarize yourself with the concept of licensing then move on to the first steps .

Licensing

In order to keep Cubase from being downloaded illegally, Steinberg has implemented a licensing solution to protect legitimate users.

This works by packaging software with an elicenser or "dongle", on which licenses can be stored. Licenses are activated by entering an activation code, which is discussed below. Any computer with the software installed and an elicenser in the USB port is authorized for use. Note that an elicenser can only run on one computer at a time.

Some Steinberg Products, including AI or LE versions of software do not require an elicenser. In this case, a "soft elicenser" is automatically stored to your computer's memory. For portability, transferring these licenses to USB elicensers is optional.

If you encounter any errors during the licensing process please consult the corresponding section below.

First Steps

1) Run the installer on the installation disc. Remember to install this for all users on your system just in case.

2) Open the elicenser control center, which should have installed alongside Cubase, with your USB elicenser (dongle) plugged in. Elements does not require a USB elicenser.
See the following image: Elcc.jpg
3) Click Enter Activation Code and type in the code that was printed on a slip in your package. Once you have finished, a license should appear in a new window, drag it to the desired elicenser.

4) Don’t forget to Register your product online at MySteinberg, so you have support if you misplace your USB elicenser or have any other troubles.

Before you even start up Cubase download the latest update to the e-licenser control center.

This should be updated regularly.

How to make your Forum Signature

Go to your User Control Panel here in the forum, then under the Profile tab, find the Edit Signature on the left. Signatures will help other users understand your system setup when you post your problems.

Bug Reports and Contacting Steinberg

How do I report a problem with Cubase?

If you still need to contact Steinberg, check this out.

Just visit MySteinberg , log in with your Username and Password, then go to Support Request Form on the right. Now fill it out and send your request. You should receive an automatic email to your registered email address, confirming your form was successfully submitted. If you can’t find one, you should check your Spam folders.

Back to the Table of Contents
by Bane
Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tips Tricks And Workflow Goodness.

this one isn't too known i guess: to replace all instances of an audio event in a project (akin to exchanging a sample in a sampler), put your replacement sample in the pool, the drag it from the pool whist holding shift, and drop it onto the event to be replaced.
by lukasbrooklyn
Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tips Tricks And Workflow Goodness.

M/S-recording + edits:

If recording i.e. a vocalist with M/S technique (to get that little air around) which I often do, record it to a stereo track (M = left/S = right) instead of two individual tracks. Mix6To2 or Voxengo MSED get you decoded in a second.

That way you can apply i.e. VariAudio + Warp to both channels while avoiding phase issues.

Works exactly the same if you track a DI guitar + an amp, up to 6 channels, see Rhino's tip on multitrack wave editing somewhere above in this thread.
by marQs
Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Poll] Fix the insert handling in the new mixer console?

The plugins still hiding behind the mixer is the worst for me.

I can live with the rest, but PLEASE let me keep my plugins in front of my fullscreen mixer. :-(
by TheNavigator
Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "POLL" Pay for 7.5 on the way for christmas

Fwiw, I'm not the free beer type, and I would not hesitate to pay for a 7.5 with really useful new features (plugin manager, multitrack wave edit/free warp, multi-out track presets etc - not merely for content, another plugin or eye candy though).
6.5 was a fair deal, with the discount towards the 7 update.
But, and it's a big but ;) :
Prior to 7.5 we need a free 7.1 or whatever that really fixes all the major workflow bugs and issues (KC focus, workspace/mixer integration, mixer zoom bugs for me, there are many other legit complaints), finally making it what 7.0 should have been right away, i.e. 6.5 plus the stuff in the "what's new in 7", in a reasonably bug free release.
Not 6.5 plus the stuff in the "what's new in 7" plus "a surprise package of undocumented losses" complete with bug city down to font sizes ...
Steinberg, please, get your stuff right this time with 7.1, fix what users desperately need to see fixed and you can count me in for a paid 7.5 a week later or a year later, doesn't matter.
just my 5 ct,
Rhino

Oh, and as a bonus for all the waiting - can we get back visible muted notes in the drum editor, please ? :?
by Rhino
Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KeyCommand Utility - Now Testing Mac Support

Okay, got it working using Automator.app (an Apple built-in app)

Attached is an application generated from Automator.app that runs the perl script, no user intervention needed beyond placing JMCecils files in your prefs dir. ( ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase 7/ )

Here are the terminal commands the Automator script runs:

cd ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase\ 7/
perl ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase\ 7/genCommands.pl
sleep 2
open ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase\ 7/KeyCommands.html
edit, Apr 10, 2014: the file paths above are for Cubase 7, if you are using this with a different version be sure to edit the paths to the version you are using.

by SteveInChicago
Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This will change..nothing

Fabio,

Can I dial in multiple people? Like a producer and script writer simultaneously to work with a V.O. actor?
by Woodcrest Studio
Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: this'll change everything 14 nov

Aloha guys. Just to chime in.
The world is my studio.

+1

That's what this whole thing is about.

"Steve Vai and Herbie Hanc0ck came to my bedroom and played on a track for me".

1-Imagine if your client was willing to pay $$ for
George Benson (from his home laptop) to play over the sketch guit part you wrote
or Steve Gadd play over your basic drum groove etc.

2-Or you are a classical pianist and now you actually playing/recording
that million $ piano in Veinna or Paris or New York etc
(in your housecoat and underware at 4am) :) via MIDI.

To create an outline of a song and get some of the greatest
musicians in the world (or nice players/friends you know) to do the actual playing on it is IMHO
truly a game changer.

And while I totally agree with 'TheNavigator'
I would prefer my BFD 3 over almost any real drum recording nowadays

The 'sounds' are there yes but how good is our performance using this tech
compared with a pro studio drummer?
Those lil tiny nuances can't alway be done with tech alone.

That being said;
to get a Steve Gadd/Alan Morgen to play your BFD drums on a track
would be the best of both worlds and now it is not only
possible but also (if this all works as planned) very easy to set-up
and operate.

Of course all licensing and $$ issues would have to be negotiated first but
imagine being able to say:
'I've got a session scheduled with Leo Kottke and B.B. King coming up'.
And really mean it. :)

And the door is now wide open for 'vox's'.

So many of us create great work but can't sing very well (or at all).
I can imagine a 'data base' of singers all around the world
waiting and willing to give our work a go.
Kinda like a plug-in; if you don't like that one, just try another one.

One question tho'.
Does/can the client version show any notation/scoring info on that end?
So players can read from a manuscript/chart.

Future looks bright. To use or not to use. At least we now have even more options.
I'm giving George a call :)
{'-'}
by curteye
Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[Solved]"Studio PASS" work with Android?

Will "Studio PASS" work with Android phones like Samsung Galaxy S4 and SONY Ericssons Xperia?

I don't understand why you only support iPhone? :roll:

Why not Androids phone like Samsung Galaxy S4 and SONY Ericssons Xperia etc.?
Android is the leader on the European market and growing everyday...

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards
Freddie
by Freddie H
Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Three thingies that could help... (Windows only, sorry...)

Hope that it will help some of you as much as they do, here... Three VBScript that do the following :

1) CubaseKC103 : a key commands viewer for your setup that display them all in a Notepad window. I managed to make them all appear more or less in one window, using Notepad, mainly because it uses almost no resources, with less than 2 Mb used.

2) CubaseRC124 : a generic remote settings and Quick controls viewer. This one works only for Quick controls settings and Generic Remote definitions that are actually saved in an XML file, using the 'Export' button of the 'Device setup' window.

3) CubasePS104 : a preferences saving tool that saves all your preferences and, after this, launch Cubase. This could help in case of a crash (yes, it happens...), as the saved preferences from the previous session could then be retrieved and pasted in their relevent location again.

Actually, all these are updates of the following threads or posts that I did a while ago :
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=305211#p305211
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=229814#p229814
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=235762#p235762

which are no longer relevent : I changed several things, since...

See the ReadMe.txt file of each of them for the usage and eventual limitations. All these are based on a CubaseprefsPath.ini file which points to the preferences path of the Cubase version that is involved. The main purpose of this is to be able to display settings or save preferences of each and every Cubase versions that you might have installed on your system.

Feel free to report back any issue, using them...
by cubic13
Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

Again, without "beatzmakers" who are you sound engineering for? This attitude and lack of respect would not get a dollar from me.

Who said anything about me being an engineer? I'm a classically-trained composer with a Ph.D. "beatzmakers" are DJ's, remixers, whatever you want to call them, but they don't actually make music, just rearrange someone else's loops.
by papi61
Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Enable default VST Connections config on pref. delete

When I use the Control Room, I save that config as a preset and recall it after pref. delete, it works.
by Bacizone
Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ability to Save and Append a VST Rack,

I love the new functionality of the VST Rack in Cubase 7.5.
I wish that there was a way to save whole bunch of instruments, a set of instruments that I like working with which I could quickly load, or add to existing instruments.
It would also be handy to be able to make appropriate MIDI tracks to all of those instruments especially if they're loaded. I'm sure that this could be achieved with the VST3 spec instruments.

It would also be cool to have an external VST Rack, where all your instruments would be hosted on a second computer, but would be closely integrated in the Cubase ecosystem. Sort of like better integrated Vienna Ensemble Pro.
by AndrewW
Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Metronome click patterns/Programmable click track

Implement a feature where we can create patterns in the Cubase metronome, and save them as presets, and where we can set the value of the beat , and have that define the grid.

Yes, I know you are thinking, why not create a click track? well, for one thing, having this in the Cubase click would permit
- including the click in a mix-down
- controlling its volume from the control room
- the use of (non x/4) audio clicks within the metronome dialog
- Automating the click
and it would be faster to create and faster to change.

Example:
11/16: 1 2 1 2 1 2 3 1 2 1 2
7/8: 1 2 3 4 1 2 3

I want to add (just in case) that the pattern should not be limited to a low number of cells, such as is the case with the Score Time Signature dialog.
by SteveInChicago
Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

F3 to bring Mix Console to front!

Hi,
I am alone thinking that having to press F3 two time to bring the Mix Console to front is really annoying? If it is behind let say a Key Editor window or behind MediaBay, the first F3 hit will close MixConsole, and the second will bring it to front.

In previous Cubase versions, only one F3 press would bring it (or the old mixer) directly to front, which makes a lot more sense.

I really which SB could fix it the way it was.
Thanks
Nic
by nicoroy123
Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[FR] A smaller VSTi Rack please!

...even on my WQHD monitor, the vst rack is so (too) huge, for what purpose ?? and so slow.. :cry:

it takes about 3 sek to show up, with 26 instruments in the rack, previously it was immediately
by Tomek
Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FR: Multi-Warp in Arrange Window, please!

Hi,

I would like to have "Multi Audio Warp" in Cubase´s Arrange Window (!)

Thank you!

Cent.
by Centralmusic
Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FR: Talkback on/off light in the toolbar

I don't always have the control room visible and I have a short cut for talkback on/off but I also like having a visual of it's status and it would be nice to have the option of the having TB on/off light in the toolbar....It can also help stop fights when the TB is accidently left on and the bass player talks about the guitar players bad tracks :D
by The dman
Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Preroll v2

Some new preferences/options concerning preroll

1-preroll on: record / always
2-preroll format: Bars / Bars.beats / as now
with point 2
a KC to direct access would allow to enter a new preroll value very fast (like input position)

SeeWhat
by SeeWhat
Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 keycommand focus

Also, this is related to the way Cubase deals with focus overall, not just Key Commands. For example, it is possible to be working in an Always-on-Top window and hit a key that does nothing in the window, but edits something in another window.

In my view this is a serious issue.
by SteveInChicago
Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Halion 5 content all gone

Dear JMCecil,

This issue is related to the installation.
You can choose between "install for all users" and single user installation during the installation process.
I think you did the installation for Halion 5 for "all" users but didn`t do that for Cubase.
Depending on which installation procedure you have choosen, the content will be saved in differen locations.

Please have a look at these directories:

C:\Users\(NAME)\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\HALion\LibraryInfo

C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\HALion\LibraryInfo

Please make sure that you got in both folders the same content.
Please keep in mind that booth directories are hidden.

:?: How to see hidden files:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-see-hidden-files-in-windows/#windows8

cheers,

Jan
by Jan Neddermann
Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C7,5 grid dissapeared in audio editor free warp

Hi there,

the grid will be back in the AudioWarp in an upcoming update.

Regards
by Luis Dongo
Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Always show values of input gain, HPF/LPF filters.

And for the filters in the Channel Settings window please - no 'hovering' should be needed.

Thank you for listening.
by Puma0382
Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can't control Expression Maps from external keyboard

So, no green arrow?
(I'll just go look see if there could be anything in the Map Setup that is system-specific rather than project-specific)

. at the bottom-left of the Map window, your root key is C0?
by vic_france
Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can't control Expression Maps from external keyboard

JMCecil wrote: ... or cranial rectal inversion ...

I hope you are never in need of mouth-to-mouth! :mrgreen:
by vic_france
Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cubase iC Pro for Android available now!

Hello,

We are pleased to announce the release of Cubase iC Pro for Android!
The installation procedure is different than the installation of the iOS version. Here are the instructions:
http://www.steinberg.net/index.php?id=9927&L=1
Please follow the instructions carefully! There is also a 30-days trial available to check compatibility with your device.
by crohde
Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Input Drum Map Notes from MIDI

Making Drum Maps could be a lot easier if I could input notes from my keyboard or other device, also be able to see what note I am playing on the list. Come on Steinberg.
by CubeDAW
Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stop adding exporting audio to the bottom of an arrangement

It should go under the current track, 90% of the time I have to drag the new track up 30-40 tracks to where I want it, very boring!
by ControlX2012
Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FR: Please show Sends names in automation lanes.

This has been a long, long, long requested feature, but to bring it up again:

PLEASE let us see the names of our Sends in the automation lanes. With projects that have large amounts of sends, this becomes a gigantic issue that very much impedes workflow. There's a good reason why so many have requested this simple feature over the years. Please fix this as soon as possible. Thanks!
by Headlands
Thu May 15, 2014 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Groove Agent 4 announcement

Rommelaar wrote:Will the full version be available in the steinberg shop as a download product, or as a box product only?

Hi,

Groove Agent will be available both as a download and as a boxed version.
by Matthias Quellmann
Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 30th Anniversary, anything for loyal customers?

JMCecil wrote:5) The smarmy hipster they got to do those C7 kickoff videos just about gave me the impetus to switch to Audacity on FreeBSD

Ha! I was going to go back to tape! :lol:
by Woodcrest Studio
Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Moogerfooger MF-108M device panel

Hello people,

I bought an MF-108 a few weeks ago and, since it's MIDI-equipped, I decided to made a device panel to control it from Cubase in order to access the hidden parameters and to be able to automate them.

I added all the controls described in the manual, except "Enable mod wheel to lfo amount", "Pitch bend amount" and "MIDI tap tempo".

Even though I made it for myself (hence the lack of the controls I thought I will almost never use), I thought I should share since it can be useful to someone else other than me.

Moogerfooger%20MF-108%20Cubase%20Device%20Panel.png

Enjoy!

Moogerfooger MF-108 Cubase Device Panel.zip

ps: please note that the bypass button on the panel lights up when the MF-108M is not bypassed and it's off when the unit is bypassed; unfortunately I didn't find a way to make the device panel behave like it should.
by sin night
Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Glue Key Command?

In the spirit of things that I gave up on years ago and maybe they snuck it in on me....

If there isn't one yet, I'd like a glue -command-. I select two or more events, hit Ctrl-G (or whatever) and presto, they're glued.

Similar to 'Mute' where there is a tool, but there is also a key command to mute selected events.

It's extra busy work to have to select the events, =then= select the tool, then 'glue', then re-select the 'select' tool.

---JC
by suntower
Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Manual audio warp on multiple tracks?

We need individual track warping that actually works properly first..... Elastic audio timing is still all over the place.
by Grim
Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: it's a bug?

Not a bug, but it's horrible! If I wanted this behaviour I would buy a Mac.
by Jarno
Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aaaargh!.. still haven't addressed the hover buttons!

JMCecil wrote:
suntower wrote:+1. I've run out of ways to rant about unintuitive, non-standards-based UIs.

Draw circle on wall .. pound head in circle... +100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Actually, you can just hover your forehead over the correct area of the wall...
by enjneer
Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic