Return

Re: Son Of Krypton Unofficial Motion Picture Soundtrack

Very acomplished stuff...respect!!!.....Kevin
by shadowfax
Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [MUSIC] Heroes of old

Very nice..you've kept it interesting with some really nice changes throughout the piece, when the distorted bass came in I was a little worried that it was gonna stay there for the rest of the track..but no, a very nice arrangement and like the title...Kevin
by shadowfax
Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stuff again :)

sounds plenty bassy here (bass drum that is)and you got a good vibe goin on, reckon it's too long though, not enough changes to hold a listeners interest for more than 5 mins..IMHO...at 3 mins this was be a gudun!!!...Kevin

ps..it's not a song..it's an instrumental. ;)
just trying to be helpful
by shadowfax
Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Song: I Feel Like I'm Flying

Very interesting piece..a lot of these kind of instrumentals seem to just jog along to the usual drum loop having forgotten that there needs to be something else (a tune) over it...so well done, some great sounds and very atmospheric, enjoyed it though I think 5 minutes was the place to end it...Kevin
by shadowfax
Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: All Of Space: Systole (acoustic song)

Just superb my friend......very pro sound and more importantly a very good song, well done............Kevin
by shadowfax
Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My last melody " Labyrinth"

Unusual and interesting track, reminded me of Yes sometimes, like the eclectic approach and enjoyed it mucho...Kevin...
by shadowfax
Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Epic Spaghetti Western Music - Tequila and Dynamite

You've captured the genre very well, at 0.46 something comes in quite suddenly that sounds like barking dogs, I think that needs taming somewhat but otherwise this could easily go on the opening credits of a 70's spag western.

well done I reckon.......Kevin
by shadowfax
Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Piano Ballad (Broken World)

HiBlake..better all the time..song shows promise..I'd be happy to have a go at the vox on it if you consider me a good enough singer...cheers, Kevin
by shadowfax
Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: my new song " CIRCUS " welcome to taste...

Good instrumental...another eclectic mix from you, nice work.......Kevin
by shadowfax
Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Jing & I" -Post Apocalyptic Mix

A really good song and particularly like the arrangement....vocal performance is excellent but for me the vocal seemed a bit too "close" or "forward"
Like the piano sound..is it Alicia's keys? whats the path please?

I can understand why your darling wife aint happy about the lyrics, maybe you should make it up by writing a new love song deticated to her...

best, Kevin
by shadowfax
Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Steps To Aim

Another interesting track from you, good arrangement and nice production, I reckon the opening theme lasting 1.20 is way too long and the end part..from around 3.55 is also too long, it's as if you ran out of ideas for the track but wanted to keep going just for the sake of making it long.
the middle part..between 1.20 and 3.55 is excellent..tunefull..interesting...bit of a Shadow's feel to it and I feel that If you kept the track shorter it would be a better listen.

less is more sometimes,

good stuff......Kevin
by shadowfax
Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MY new prog rock song

so extra well done mate !!!
by shadowfax
Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Curd - game soundtrack

Yeah, this brought a smile to my face..it is catchy and quite clever IMHO..also wouldn't be out of place on the Benny Hill show... :D

well done, Kevin
by shadowfax
Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This is my first recording with Cubase 7.5

Hi..this song shows great writing promise, I think the intro at 1 minute is too long and the vocal is a bit bass heavy, needs notching around the 200 area (as sherz would say). general production can always be improved and I'll leave those comments to guy's that know better than me.
for your first project I'd say it's damn good!!! well done :)

a reveure..adeu...Kevin
by shadowfax
Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

they're never gonna give us a totally fixed totally stable DAW..we would never upgrade again..then who would pay their wages?
by shadowfax
Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

That does it then!!! gotta upgrade...Kevin
by shadowfax
Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you like the 7.5 update...+1 this and reply

That's happened to me a few times and when I made a new project and transferred everything it was ok thereafter...Kevin
by shadowfax
Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Toby Shark - First Class 138bpm Cubase 7.5

sounded mega on my system (in my sig)
musically it got interesting for me around 1.40..when a tune started!! :)
by shadowfax
Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This is Love

Yer comin on in leaps and bounds Blake! :) very pleased for you, it's a good song and the singer is excellent, tend to agree with the other critiques but ..hey, that's how I got better (I think) and that's how you'll keep improving,
well done and keep on keepin on :)

Kevin
by shadowfax
Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The only thing that's wrong with me is you

It's a good song and worth the extra effort..
by shadowfax
Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The only thing that's wrong with me is U(K)

Yeah..sounds better to me..but the piano sounds to up in the mix (but maybe that's a personal thing) much better now the timing issue is sorted..good song, really like the song which is the main thing for me! also being picky..the mix is a bit left heavy...but wait until you get some other listens and see if they confirm..

Kevin
by shadowfax
Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Suitable Drum VSTi Player (help?)

I know I'm coming in on this thread a bit late but..Jamstix is awesome..it's just like having a real drummer in your studio, you can tell it to recompose a fill or a verse..it's infinitely adjustable and the support from Ralph is 2nd to none...bit of a learning curve though as someone else mentioned..but worth it..

Kevin
by shadowfax
Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Suitable Drum VSTi Player (help?)

the difference with Jamstix is you do not need to look around for any midi drum files if you don't want to..just select a song style and it'll play and put fills where they are supposed to be..if you don't like the fills you can tell it to recompose as a different drummer or whatever..it will even play another drum vst such as EZ so you can just use the Jamstix brain and the EZ drums (which sound great)..
by shadowfax
Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Level 44

Good job, nice playing and like the guitar sound :)
I've got a sort of choppy guitar track from years ago that I've been trying to get sorted on Cubase so's I can match it to some drums but can I eckers like do it!! :x

Kevin
by shadowfax
Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New instrumental rock tune

yeah, welc :) ome
really good backing track, agree with polgara, definitely needs a vocal..or a more defined lead sound over the top..the track has a sort of "cruising" feel..nice! 8-)
Kevin
by shadowfax
Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Folk Track

Great singer !!! song's good and for me the recording seems excellent, you've done a good job, nice clean production. :)

ends a bit messy though :)

cheers, Kevin
by shadowfax
Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 12 String Thing

Lead guitar sound was awesome :) general mix sounded good but unfortunately no sign of a 12 string in there to my ears on my monitors..(in sig) just a sort of ringy nice sounding guitar that didn't sound like a 12 stringer :) doubling the sound isn't gonna do it because the strings on a 12 string are an octave apart (i believe) correct me if I'm wrong..I'm no guitarist :(

good work though...Kevin :)
by shadowfax
Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Meditative - "A Digital Prayer"

I liked :) that a lot, very atmospheric and rather beautiful to my ears, always been a fan of this kinda stuff, this mortal coil being a favourite of mine, I think you need to shelve a bit of the bass because it was a bit boomy, couldn't play it very loud, I would love to know the exact path please :)

great stuff...Kevin
by shadowfax
Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lost boy's Wake up Call - track using Prologue exclusive

You got some some nice sounds outa prologue :)
by shadowfax
Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Beyond The Rocks and Fog

An epic piece Ian, much respect for the quality of arrangement and VERY high production values...great change around the 5.50 mark....which was needed!! arrived just right!!
fab guitar work..is that you?
Wim is awesome on the sax, would've liked to hear more of that :) such a beautiful sound he is clearly a very accomplished player ..
no catchy chorus and lots of parts :lol: :lol: but I think the song is better for it..it's got class :) if other listeners can't get through it then it's their loss in my opinion.
it is a shame about the lack of collaboration as was in the time you mention, i would be keen to be part of that but I think at the mo on this forum most people (but not all) just use it to but something up and then scarper...the next time you hear from them is when they put another track up, they then presumably start wondering why nobody is commenting on their track, maybe they'll figure out one day that being part of this community means putting in as well as taking out..
at the mo I think you can count on one hand the people that bother to comment..without them this forum is dead :(

anyway, I thank you for being a part of this forum and all the help you have given me in the past and let there be more of this amazing music from you :)

If I wanted a sax solo from Wim d'ya think he would do one? I'm scared to ask him :lol:

I'm currently working on a "mini epic" inspired by your recent 17 minute "epic" 'cept my "epic" lasts for around 6 minutes, just waiting for some guitar parts from RWzblues....hopefully next month, so some collabs are goin on :) :D

enough from me...best to you Ian...Kevin :)
by shadowfax
Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Danny Boy/Londonderry Air - Gtr Arr by Steven Faile (aMU

Absolutely brilliant :) sounded beautiful and clean..what a nice recording! played it very loud on my monitors and sounded fantasmagorical..you should have a go at Classical gas..would love to hear you doing that!

agree with polgara regarding mixcloud..

I use Bandcamp and Soundcloud and can't hear any diff in quality..but then I have got cloth ears :(

well done mate...Kevin :)

regarding Soundcloud are you aware that you can upload full wav files? I believe the accounts are time based not file size based.
was this the problem regarding quality? ie you didn't want to upload MP3's?
or have missed the point somewhere :oops:

best... :)
by shadowfax
Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R: vst

I use it a lot, but I have to admit that Miroslav is too limited if you are looking for something more realistic.

If you layer the strings in Miroslav it's almost impossible to tell the difference from 8dio..I have both and wish I hadn't bought 8dio

when it comes to individual strings and articulations then 8 dio is the way to go or LASS which i personaly think is better..good luck with your choice :)
by shadowfax
Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Problem - Grande cover for my Rock Theory class!

what polgara said plus an original song is always more impressive IMHO..give it a shot :)
by shadowfax
Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Inward Bound"

Yerp!! working now :)
by shadowfax
Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone waiting for the first patch update before buying?

up and running with loads of third party vst's all working perfectly..
by shadowfax
Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "A Tune For Taylor"

Sherz wrote:Thanks. :)

shadowfax wrote:was expecting a more euphoric celebratory kind of piece
I didn't know back in 2001 when I first composed this that she was gonna turn out to be so nerdy! :lol:

So write here another piece mate!! ;) :) it's a beautiful piece but it doesn't fit the occasion :)
by shadowfax
Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Groove Agent 4 ... is it time to give up Jamstix 3?

Anyone using Groove Agent 4? There are like 4 or 5 vids on it, but if anyone with personal experience, please share!

I thought I saw something in one video yesterday, can't find it now, that suggested that it was an "intelligent drummer" like JS3. But everything else I'm seeing so far on the vids is all about "slicing", "loops", etc., which is not what I am that interested in.

JS3 is not the easiest to use, but it is nice that it can generate random drumming within various styles, likr a real drummer, which can in turn be edited. Not dependent on static loops at all.

Does GA4 have the ability to generate randomized drumming that works well with non-electronic genres (ballads, rock, e.g.)?

Thanks -

seems to me that they've just nicked ideas from Jamstix (just like EZ drummer did) but It's the Jamstix brain that is the main element here..and they ain't got that!
you can't beat Jamstix for natural sounding drummer patterns, as you said, it's a difficult ride untill you get used to it but once you do..it's awesome.

best, Kevin
by shadowfax
Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Creatures Of The Ocean"

Consistent must be your middle name! all your stuff is consistently good :)

like the female vocalist..lovely voice, everything sounded really good an my system..played it right loud I did :D

another very smooth bass..how do you do that? :?

best, Kevin
by shadowfax
Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: (new song) Showing me the way

Sherz wrote:
shadowfax wrote:... the reason the drums are "not correct", is because I'm rubbish at production :)

Just cycle through a selection of snares and give them a 'test drive' :)

that's what i do (did) just end up wanting to jump out of the window :lol: :lol: :lol:
by shadowfax
Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Upgrade issues

I had some probs upgrading so I deleted what I had downloaded and started again ..that got rid of most of the problems...
still got a couple though.. :)
by shadowfax
Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Swing'n Billy

I like the repetitive rhythm guitar running through the piece and feel you should have made more of it, ie a little louder in the mix..it has a nice feel about it, I think the lead guitar is a little to "up" in the mix,

a nice "cruising" instrumental :)

everyone uses the same old chord structures and as far as I know you can't hold intellectual copyright of a chord sequence.
unless it's "Wild thing" or "You really got me" nobody could use them again could they. :lol:
it's the song on top of the chord structure that counts.
and i don't think you've accidentally used anyone else's tune.

Good instrumental with a good feel.. :)

best, Kevin
by shadowfax
Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "We've Only Just Begun"

Nicely done, your ex has a great voice...

best, Kevin :)
by shadowfax
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic