Search found 7 matches

Return

Re: Multiple Midi devices (UM3EX + Raydat midi)

No problem using multiple midi interfaces.
by beatpete
Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Only prob I've had with different midi devices is their performance. For example I found that when I plugged in a firewire M-Audio Profire it introduced a really long delay in chasing midi program changes, whereas my Midex8 seemed to have no delay but didn't always chase correctly... So you may find some interfaces are better than others, but otherwise, as said, they all cooperate together. I currently use 3 different midi interfaces to connect to hardware synths plus 2 USB midi external hardware synths and 1 USB midi keyboard controller.

Mike.
by GargoyleStudio
Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes the same here , I run a midex 8 and motu midi express and also use the midi ports on the back of the novation sl mk2 without and issue , they all run beautifully together ;-)
by G-string
Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi, I also use multiple midi Interfaces: RME Raydat, Novation SL (SL 61 and Zero MK2 !), Yamaha Motif XF via Firewire (!), Presonus Digimax FS.

There are NOT issues with multiple Midi_interfaces. (It is also possible to Switch Audio Drivers - RME/Motif XF/Presonus - and still use all midi Interfaces in parallel)

Cheers, Ernst
by Elien
Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Does WaveLab allow crossfades on CDs?

It was very easy to adjust crossfades and add indexes to the timeline.
How does WaveLab address this?
Is it accomplished on the timeline or in a list editor?
Is there a limit to the crossfade time?
Can you freely place CD indexes anywhere once you have your timeline/crossfades setup?
It is done on a timeline in an environment called the Montage, where you can also place CD-tracks on different tracks (and much, much more!). I don't think there is a limit on crossfade time - it would surprise me if there is. And CD-markers can be placed freely (in full Wavelab, that is). Also, Audio in Pauses is supported, which allows you to keep audio running between a track's end marker and the next track's start marker (live CDs for instance).
Just give the trial version a go!
by Arjan P
Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Does WaveLab allow crossfades on CDs?

Yes, it's my understanding that Wavelab Elements doesn't allow to freely move the track ID for songs that overlap, but regular Wavelab 8 does.

You can adjust crossfades manually in a montage (CD layout mode) on the timeline by sliding regions on separate audio tracks/lanes, and you can also fine tune the clip placements or track marker placements in a list form by entering the times numerically if desired.

I recommend Wavelab for sure, I've found nothing better for sequencing/mastering on OSX.
by Jperkinski
Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Iro: Track Color Pack for Cubase

http://seyoum.net/pictures/Logo.jpg

Hi everyone.

This is a neat little color pack I made for Cubase 7.5. For me, the default colors were not enough as I tend to have a lot of tracks, often with the same instruments, but with variations. It takes a considerable long time to make a set of new colors so I thought I would share it with you guys so you don't need to do this yourself. Am I not grateful? :D

http://dawlab.net/pictures/Iro.jpg

The pack consists of 8 different main colors with 8 additional shades of each color. 64 colors in total!
Once you install the colors I suggest you do not tamper too much with the intensity/brightness as this can cause some of the colors to look alike. Yes, I did this myself and had to redo everything.

Please see the link to my blog for installation: http://www.dawlab.net/2014/04/26/iro-2-0/

I do not have the privilege to test this on a mac or different versions of Cubase. If you are able to successfully apply these colors on another system please share how you did it.

Hope you enjoy it!

Seyoum
by seyoum
Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic