Search found 6 matches

Return

Re: Export edited video

No Tumppi - not video editing. Just select between two markers and export video and sound into a Quicktime. Simple and essential. Pro Tools does it, Digital Performer does it, Logic does it.
by gph
Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There is no point in adding 48kHz PCM audio in a heavily compressed H264 video file to be send to the client.

Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding, but there is every point in adding uncompressed audio to compressed video.

I completely agree that Nuendo should not be a video editor! That is indeed the job of Media Composer or Final Cut.

But every day I send high quality audio to directors sync'd to a preview quality video so that they can hear what I've done in relation to the picture. The picture can be low quality. The director is assessing the sound and how it fits with the picture, not the quality of the picture. If the director is happy, then I can pass the audio file to the editor to drop on the picture timeline, or send audio stems as part of a package to the dubbing mix.

Copy video rather than transcode would be fine for this purpose, as neither I nor the director care about the quality of the video during this back-and-forth passing of drafts.

I do this every day, as do many of my colleagues. The difference is, my colleagues tend to use Pro Tools, and so when they create the video previews with uncompressed audio they do it straight from Pro Tools. They don't have to faff around with Quicktime Pro just to provide a director with good audio against low quality video.

This capability would not erode Nuendo's audio only pedigree. It would just bring it in line with what Pro Tools does and what a lot of users need every single day.
by gph
Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can't speak for a usergroup that can create exports that are small enough to attach to an email.

I am of a usergroup that sends a link to the file in Dropbox/Google Drive/SkyDrive or sends via WeTransfer or similar.

I believe I am part of a usergroup that doesn't really worry about the audio file size - audio is always just sent as 2 channel 48kHz 24 bit. It's always done by links and never attached to an email. This is how I receive cuts from editors and it's how I deliver files to directors/editors/sound tracklayers/dubbing mixers. (Obviously I wouldn't want to be passing high quality video back-and-forth as that would be pointless. I work with sound, so that is what needs to be high quality for directors to review, and the video can be low quality.)

And yes - I have QT Pro as the approach you describe is what I do currently. It takes more than 30 seconds and I want to remove it from my workflow like my lucky Pro Tools and Logic friends.

I'm not worried if QT dies, I still need to export video.

I need this simple export to video capability and I've needed it for a long time. If you don't need it that's fine. I'm airing my need for it.
by gph
Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[ISSUE]Logical Editor- Relative Random: unexpected result

===
mod edit: see below for repro http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=60861#p366004
==

Hi -

Could anyone help, please?...

I'm trying to humanize some MIDI by introducing some random variance in the position, but without quantizing as some of the music is not to a grid.

I have RTFM, and I have investigated the Logical Editor, and with filter set to Type = Note, and the Transform set to Position / Set relative random values between / -20 / 20.

I was expecting it to move the selected notes randomly +/- 20 PPQs. My project is set to 480 PPQ.

But the notes are jumping huge distances randomly and I can't work out what it's doing. Tried turning off snap to gird in case it was that, but didn't make any difference.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Graham

Nuendo + NEK 6.0.7 (same functionality for Logical Editor as Cubase 7 I understand).
by gph
Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: multiple stems

Another great time saver when you have multiple cues is to use cycle markers to mark in and out points of each cue and in export also tick batch export cycle markers. That way you can create all stems for all cues in one pass.
by gph
Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: multiple stems

One way is to route to groups for the stems you want and then use the batch export function, ticking the groups you want.
by gph
Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic