Search found 28 matches

Return

Nuendo 6.5?

Cubase 7.5 comes out at 4th of december. How about Nuendo 6.5? When does it come out?
by riwe
Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nuendo 6.5?

Hello,

yes, we will release Nuendo 6.0.7 beginning of February.
Among other fixes it will include a major update for the AAF filter.

Thanks,
Timo
by TimoWildenhain
Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nuendo 6.5?

Hello,

Nuendo 6.5 is going to be released in beginning of Q2 2014. Beside all features already revealed in Cubase 7.5 it will get even more post-pro / surround mixing relevant functions, such as a professional Bass Management. In terms of development time, it simply takes longer to bring all the additional features into the upcoming Nuendo 6.5.

We may also be able to correct some more issues in terms of GUI, but in general it will be the status of Cubase 7.5.
Key Command/mixer issue will (most likely) be fixed.

Thanks,
Timo
by TimoWildenhain
Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Export edited video

I am still on N5 and there is no way to export the editing you do on a video.
Has the situation changed with N6?
Sometimes I mix music for videos and the client just need a couple of cuts here and there. But if I can't save the new video there is no point in doing the cuts! :(
by Biss
Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Export Video

Sibelus recently announced their next update, which will introduce "export as video".
Not bad for a score notation software, isn't it...?
by Domilik
Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Export edited video

I am not asking for video editing! I am just asking the possibility to bounce the video file. We already have the ability to cut and paste the video. Ability which is useless if we can't save the result of it.
by Biss
Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A big "yes" to this! And to be clear - not video editing - just export the selected region as a video file with synced audio.
by Jim Clark
Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim Clark wrote:A big "yes" to this! And to be clear - not video editing - just export the selected region as a video file with synced audio.

Yes, a BIG +1
by johngar
Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Multiple sequences in one session

I see what you mean, gph.

I stopped working regularly with Performer about two years ago, and I'm dismayed at how quickly the terminology as vanished from what's left of my mind.

Our Clip Packages are more like their Clippings (if I remember THAT right).

I agree with you. Chunks are a great Performer feature. I'm thinking maybe its greatest asset. Though I did get stung once or twice when one messed up chunk made it so a reel's worth of cues wouldn't open. I hear it's better now.

A lot more convenient than working with multiple projects at once-- consolidated media locations, no distracting idle windows, etc.

I'd love to have that sort of functionality or something similar in Nuendo.

Chewy
by Chewy Papadopoulos
Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to make quicktimes quickly and easily

Yep this is missing. Used to have it in Digital Performer
Bounce to disk -> Quicktime movie
of the selected range

+1
by Marsman
Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [FR] Multiple projects : disable automatic activation

Personally I think the whole "multiple projects" handling needs an overhaul

It should work like DP´s "Sequence Chunks"

also multiple "chunks" sharing a sample pool, video, VSTis loaded, etc.

Very useful for film scoring, many different cues and one long video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cbwmmTzGMk
by Marsman
Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seriously, I think it's about time that Cubase have that bounce to movie fonction.

Replace audio in video is useless for exporting a single movie scene. This is an essential tool. Not normal that we need another DAW to do this.

I have to use PT just to bounce a movie scenes also.
by BFred
Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I need to make quicktimes quickly and easily

I need to make quicktimes quickly and easily.

I'm still using protools to do this because it's easier to open protools and bring in the audio from my nuendo session that it is to go through the routine with Nuendo.

I want a "Bounce to Quicktime Movie" option under the file menu that make a quicktime clip of just that one small moment in the reel or episode.

Thanks for listening.
by Swi
Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Displaying eventnames in the projectwindow

Hi there,

if you have a long event in the timeline like an ambience track or whatever the name of the event is only displayed at the beginning of the event. Depending of the resolution of the timeline/project window the name will disappear. Would be helpfull if the name would be displayed as long as the event appears.
by Bruese
Sun May 11, 2014 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Displaying eventnames in the projectwindow

I would love to have this as an option. Especially since the track name view is so limited-- when delivery spec requires a long prefix, the ending just disappears and scrolling to the start point in order to view, or clicking the file so it shows in the info line is a pain.

Chewy
by Chewy Papadopoulos
Sun May 11, 2014 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How do I humanize without quantizing?

Just tested quickly in Cubase 7.5.2 and works fine here.

Type Is/Equal/Note

Position/Set relative random....\-20/+20
by Grim
Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How do I humanize without quantizing?

I can merely confirm your findings..
I built a simple MIDI Part, and duplicated it to a 2nd MIDI track, but setting that duplicate track to Linear Timebase. Performed the Logical Edit on each Part in turn.. worked fine on the track in Musical Timebase, total chaos on the track in Linear.
(Steve? Don your new green coat! ;) )
by vic_france
Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Logical Editor- Relative Random: unexpected result

Indeed, this looks wrong! :lol:

In fact, the value of 1 unit appears, bewilderingly ;), to equal one second, rather than one tick. But what should it equal in linear timebase? One sample? One frame? Some other value derived from what the ruler is set to? Let's see what they say at Steinberg HQ. :geek:

Here's an regulation ;) formated repro to make it official: (Mainly plagiarizing Vic's recipe. :P )

On a track set to Musical Timebase, build a simple MIDI Part with one note, then duplicate it to a 2nd MIDI track
Set that duplicate track to Linear Timebase
Perform a Logical Edit: Position | "Set Relative Random Values" with a values set to 1, 0 on each Part in turn
On the Musical Timebase track it moves note either 1 tick or zero ticks , as expected
On the Linear Timebase track it moves note by one second or zero seconds, resulting in huge moves when the values are set higher.
by SteveInChicago
Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

+1. This is mostly a professional use feature that's a must have for cubase and nuendo, and the lack of it has pushed me into looking at other daws
by indiescore
Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

+1 This is a badly needed feature for those of us working in post.
by Headlands
Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In total agreement. This is just a re-post on Advanced Cubase Users Group.

For those of us working with video, how awesome would it be to be able to bounce the mix of the cue you’ve just finished writing and the dialogue track you’ve been referencing to a Quicktime within the locators in the project window? You know, like you can in Protools and Logic. Seems so practical, and efficient, and obvious.

Does anyone from Steinberg ever respond to these comments?

jc
by octobersongs
Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

+1
Still using Protools as well for this.
S
by Sophiam
Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:05 pm

Jump to forum