Search found 11 matches

Return

Re: UR824 This device cannot start. (Code 10)

I I don't have / don't want Windows 8. I use XP, Vista x64, Windows 7 x64. Why did Yamaha stop supporting these (XP & Vista x64)?
1. Microsoft are about to stop supporting XP. All good things come to an end.

2. I'm not aware of anybody who thinks Vista is/was a good iteration of Windows - more a transition from XP towards 7.

Steve.
by plectrumboy
Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clicking.... could it be latency?

An ASIO-compliant soundcard is likely to be better quality and more reliable for recording than a machine's built-in soundcard. With a Windows laptop, it's easiest to look at external usb soundcards. There's a wide range of cards from different vendors: have a look at Steinberg's UR series. These will allow you to use an ASIO driver and will give you low latencies for recording, as well as have some extra goodies like built-in DSP effects.

Having said that, there is a superb piece of freely available software called ASIO4ALL, which allows many people to successfully use their laptop's built-in soundcard for recording. In most cases, ASIO4ALL allows you to use your built-in soundcard at much lower latencies and much more successfully than the normal driver. The beauty of it is you can download it for nothing so you can try it out and see if it works for you. Good luck!

Steve.
by plectrumboy
Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 Bug: VST performance peak?

That seems really weird. It's difficult to imagine what general setting in a computer or DAW setup would cause such a specific problem with one synth patch. Your signature says you're using Windows 7 and your video looks like you've turned off visual effects in Windows. Have you tried changing this back to 'let Windows decide what's best'? Have you got up to date graphic drivers?

Steve.
by plectrumboy
Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Xmas gift?

Well I got one - sorry if you didn't...

Steve.
by plectrumboy
Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 Bug: VST performance peak?

Hi Steve,
I´ve switched the visual effects back on, but that doesn´t help unfortunately. I thought turning those off is supposed to save CPU power though? Graphic drivers are up to date...
I think you'll find different opinions about this - I've gone with the argument that says if you let Windows decide and it decides to run some or all of the visual effects, then this graphics load will be taken by your graphics card, with the perhaps unexpected outcome that your CPU has more power available for other tasks (such as Cubase).

I notice a huge load on this preset, much higher than any other.
Occationally it goes up to 50% when the rest is around 5-10...
That's just baffling - at least two Omnisphere users having this one anomaly with one patch. Wouldn't it be interesting to know whether Spectrasonics have had a number of similar queries, and if so whether they are solely from Cubase users.

Steve.
by plectrumboy
Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: High latency since 7.5.1

Your screenshot shows Asio Guard is activated. Try turning it off. This may have defaulted to on with your Cubase upgrade.

Steve.
by plectrumboy
Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The only thing that's wrong with me is U(K)

That's one of the best titles I've seen!

This genre is not what I'd usually listen to, but I think the arrangement and audio quality is impressive.

What prompted me to respond was the excellent title, and also to expess my political (with a small p) views - as a Welshman living in London for most of my life, I' m saddened to think my Scottish brothers and sisters may no longer be part of the celtic counterbalance to the worst excesses of small island mentality in the UK.

Enjoyable song nonetheless!

Steve.
by plectrumboy
Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New instrumental rock tune

Hey, that's a nice tune, great tastefully restrained guitar and some lovely recorded sounds. All the instruments sound well recorded but the guitars in particular are very nice to my ears. How are you recording them?

Steve.
by plectrumboy
Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hard rock/heavy metal instrumental

Early21 wrote:Hi, nice shredding! Thanks for sharing.

Ditto! Good stuff. Doesn't make me think of Foo Fighters but there's some tasty guitar shenanigans going here.

Steve.
by plectrumboy
Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic