Search found 16 matches

Return

MixConsole bug still in 7.07 - nobody noticed yet?

I set up a multi window project layout that looks like this:
ce707a.jpg

When I switch MixConsole to fullscreen, it looks fine:
ce707b.jpg

When I close the fullscreen view, the multi window layout stays the same except that the transport bar is missing now.

But now comes the ultimate anticlimax: I save the project and close all windows. When I load the project again and switch the MixConsole window to fullscreen, the Mixer channels are bloated like this:
ce707d.jpg

A full screen MixConsole is a wunderful idea - but it is absolutely useless with this strange behaviour. Every time one has to manually shrink the channel wide and switch back the transport bar again. I mean, this is an absolute showstopper - has really nobody noticed this yet?

Steinberg! Hello?! After 1 year and 7 updates - what is sooo difficult to keep the fullscreen channel wide the same as in child window view?
by Fantacyzer
Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cubase 7.0.7....CuBugs

Thank you Steinberg for the new update 7.0.7, 6 months of hard work finally get into satisfaction. I don't use C7 since the first version because it's too buggy for me and my work, I've recently passed to Logic X, and sometimes I use C6.5 with real satisfaction. But.... I'm still waiting for a solid version 7 or 7.5 under osx than I've installed the new version today and just for fun, the bugs are still there, incompatibility with Melodyne, graphic issues, names on the mixer not all centred and new bugs with menu appears and is incredibly movable, I can now move it every where in the arrangement ahahahhahahahahah :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I was waiting this features for years.

Thank you Steinberg, I'm not angry anymore, now I can smile every single update and fixing.

:D
by ufoqbase
Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.0.7 late update

We are discussing since last year about Cubugs versions of 7, first release was obviously a Alfa and maybe beta version of the new platform. Was a dramatic improvement between 32bit and 64bit technology, Steney changed the programmers and project management, we don't know the reasons, probably money as always. I can understand the stress and the problems to put hands on a complicate software programmed by others before. But the considerations should be just some.

1 Steinberg sell audio software
2 Users buy audio software for play, for job, for fun, etc

If you play for fun, could be ok and you can wait until the DAW is fully or partially fully working until the next release, who use the DAW for job means they pay the DAW for their job, for living because that software makes easy job too. Those people don't want a unstable beta version, yes they could pay 50 or more for fixing of course is not a big expenses... yes I can do that, but I need the new software NOW because my job depends from that.
Someone can say "don't buy the new version", "just stay on Cubase 6.5.5", yes no problem too. But this is MY FIX not a Steinberg fix. They sell a wonderful machine, with wonderful features than I would like to use for my job immediately not after 2 years. I want remember to all Cubase 6.5.5. is not fully fixed yet if we refer to the software specifics.

Its same for any kind of things in the life, if you buy a guitar you'll aspect the Guitar plays tuned, if you want a Piano you'll aspect the piano does not have broken key, same for audio board, for the computer system etc. It's all part of a big complex studio processing. And Cubase is a Flagship product of honored software house like steinberg.

Beta testing is a part of the programming structure, is the most important part, in the past Cubase users was like a Nuendo Beta tester, now we are all beta testers for Cubase and Nuendo for free. Nuendo users are less and less than before, especially on Mac their are disappeard, I've sold my Nuendo Licence 2 years ago.

This is not normal, because this brings a lot of informations to the programmers of course, but will takes longer to fix all the bugs. Ask money for fixing the bugs is offensive for all user already payed for the DAW. I don't care if the others do the same, this is not serious and honest especially for musician than use Cubase for create and sell their music. Cubase 7.0.7 is not complete bugs free but Steinberg announced this is the late update. And my "Steiny sense" suggest me we are beta testing 7.0.7 to make 7.5.10 more stable next month. So peoples payed to upgrade from 6.5 to 7 then beta testing until 7.0.7 for more than 1 year to pay again for a more stable but not bugs free 7.5.10. I think we will see 7.5.12 or 13 before Cubase 8, but in the meantime...

Is not a money problem Steinberg! it's about respect the job we do for living the job we do for you reporting bugs.
If you are not ready to sell the new DAW don't do it, or take a chance to stop producing DAW and concentrate all the energies under iOS, you will make more money, we will move to Logic and everyones happy.
by ufoqbase
Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Indeed I dont mind waiting for the bug fixes. But it's absolutely ridiculous that this is the last "free" update for version 7. Now I need to PAY to get these major FLAWS fixed!

(wonder how long it will take before this thread or my post will "dissapear"?
by mrjixies
Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Actually all I ask for are bug fixes. :D
by orchetect
Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Freeze doesn't work properly on project with big latency: it shifts the tracks in time putting out of sync.
by dream
Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, right. I'm using Patience 1.0 as an insert on my inputs and my outputs, and okay, it does what it says, BUT, now I don't get that hyper, excited feeling that I had gotten so used to. It's just mellow, groovy vibes all the time. A gain knob on this plugin is sorely needed! Don't I have the right to adjust how patient I am!? (I have the plugin bypassed at the moment.)
by SteveInChicago
Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wait. There's a vers. 15.5R2 of Patience? Why the hell didn't I get the notification!?
by SteveInChicago
Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:lol: :lol:

That's it, I'm switching to Xanax Pro 1.5, but I'll combine it with Patience 16.0 when it comes out. See ya on the flip flop!
by SteveInChicago
Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

was doing the minimum to fix heavy bugs in there product my post was attacked by admins and hidden admins then locked... and this one will certainly be too.
but how come we can't complain on something that is absolutly insulting to people who paid for and are trying to work seriously with a tool that barely works ?

There is plenty of complaining & praise here:http://www.gearslutz.com/board/cubase-7-nuendo-6/ with little worries of being banned with no warnings, vanishing or locked threads.
by greggybud
Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.0.7....CuBugs

this is from fresh installation in new drive and of course under OSX 10.8 not Mavericks. In the same machine Cubase 6.5.5 64bit perfect rock solid configuration same plugs, same projects no cpu spikes. :D
j
by ufoqbase
Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

sycophant wrote:Most of the graphical issues can be resolved with a fresh installation of both Windows and Cubase, this has been the case since a long time of Cubase version history.

Most of............ But not all apparently :roll:
by iBM
Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C7.5.1 64bit - is this a joke? - from a new user

But, Lord, you know you're not supposed to complain? The fanboys will be in soon to castigate you for your unruly behaviour!

Seriously, though, I agree. They should do a 3 month feature freeze, and just fix bugs and improve issues such as the problems with the mixer's appearance. It's a great idea, but doesn't work in practice as well as it should.

But it'll never happen. I've been using Cubase since the Atari days, and spent most of the late 90s working with it at a college and submitting countless bug reports, which were never heeded. The problem is the institutionalised nature of programmers in general and Steinberg in specific. I don't expect anything to change, like having a spouse who you care for but who abuses you, promises to go to counselling, pays lip service to it, and then hits you with an iron bar again. I would leave, but the alternatives are even less attractive!
by djaychela
Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

C7.5.1 64bit - is this a joke? - from a new user

OK, where to start. I have just bought C7.5 and installed it and updated to 7.5.1. I am not a newbie at this stuff, I've been doing this for over 15 years and have been through Cubase VST, SX1, Cubase 4, Nuendo 1, 2, 3, 4, Sonar 1 and Sonar X3 and I have a large body of plugins and a fully tried and tested DAW setup.

So, when I installed the latest and greatest from Steinberg, I expected a little more than I've found so far and really, I am pretty angry at what is currently an unusable product and wasted money. I was thinking about holding on for Bitwig but took the plunge at C7.5. I really hope Steinberg can sort this program out.

So far, I've loaded C7.5 up a few times, have saved 3 test projects and had to force close C7.5 through task manager in W7 x64 almost every time I load the program due to the way it freezes without any warning.

In trying to use my 32bit plugins in Bitbridge (which is meant to be able to run these things), a frighteningly large number of plugins fail to load, crash C7.5 or appear with a GUI window that has no GUI. It is worth noting that the 64bit version of Sonar X3 runs all these plugins without any problem. Some examples of plugins that work in Sonar but don't work in Cubase:

Algorithmix Blue
Cakewalk Z3ta+
Steinberg Hypersonic
Inspector XL
Nomad Factory - some of them fail to load
Spectrasonics Atmosphere and Stylus
UAD-2 (Studer 800 so far- loaded but C7.5 froze when I clicked on a button)

I haven't finished testing all of them yet but some very important plugins in that list I cannot use in C7.

As far as the GUI operation is concerned, I have found a few bugs, especially in the mixer. These are silly little bugs that you really expect to be fixed at release stage.

Then there is the total GUI freeze when C7.5 stops responding all of a sudden but the music keeps playing. Only way out? Force-close it in task manager and lose your work.

So where do I stand with all this? I certainly can't see C7.5 as being a usable tool and I'll go back to Nuendo 4 and Sonar X3, both of which work reliably, support my plugins and let me make music. I am pretty experienced in this game and know to expect a few teething issues on a new release but when that release is a upgrade to a previous major release and has been patched and 3 generations on from the last Steinberg host I used, I don't expect to find the unusable program that I've just paid £244 for.

Am I happy with this? No, of course not. I'm actually stunned at how bad this is.

Dear Steinberg, I know I have ranted a bit here but you have one seriously unhappy customer who has supported you over many years and now regrets buying your latest product.

Instead of using your resources to add more and more new features, please will you focus on making the program stable and usable - it is important for your customers and your reputation. If anyone asks me whether to upgrade to C7.5 at the moment, I will tell them in no uncertain terms not to.

Thank you - please make C7.5 the great program it should be.

Regards,

Lord Nibbler, aka a very cheesed off Mark Edmonds
by LordNibbler
Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm official troll, the administrator sent me a pm, for steinberg unsatisfied customers are trolls now, wonderful, thanks :D
by ufoqbase
Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ho yes thanks for the useful reply Sychopant.... I was expecting some kind of brilliant answer form Steinberg hahahaha
by ufoqbase
Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic