Search found 67 matches

Return

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

I would like to see a decent and responsibility reply from Steinberg this time, with a special offer for that kind of users.... Otherways I will not upgrade anymore to any Steinberg software. I'm happy with C.6.5.5.

thanks
jj :D
Hi ufoqbase,

we do have an special offer for Cubase 7 customers, which is to update to 7.5 for €49.99 :)

yeah saw that, but some official word from SB would be good... ;-)

official word from SB

Regards
by Luis Dongo
Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think its a good update, but as usual its loaded with instruments, effects and a few workflow enhancements

i have always wondered why they can make these hugely complicated and wonderful instruments and other things and yet its impossible to get track coloring and moving tracks in the mixer?

i love 7, truly do but the mixer still just looks bad to me, i like what it does and i like what i brings but yo would think they could make it look better, and put some of these extras in like the above 2 i mentioned

VCA's
track coloring all the way up
switch tracks in mixer?

you would thing they could code this before lunch
by trock
Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was really excited about the LoopMash effect, i have been waiting for this type of effect, but really bummed it can only be used on an audio track. i wish they could have implemented it to work on midi as a master track effect, like sugarbytes stuff does, make it more convenient while you are still working on the song, and it's not a finished track yet.
by mobetta
Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I guess most of the folks using Cubase for more than occasional "beatz creation" would agree on the priorities you I don't understand the sentiment that people that write and arrange music have to be grouped and dumbed down that.

Without the musicians what exactly do you have?

All in all that sums up the situation nicely.
I guess most of the folks using Cubase for more than occasional "beatz creation" would agree on the priorities you mentioned.

It's like Cubase is the turkey that's never properly done, but instead of finishing to cook it, Steinberg just adds more and more gravy on top of it.

Here's an idea: instead of having multiple Cubase versions based on how much stuff comes included, how about multiple versions targeted at different kinds of customers? You know, like a version for sound engineers, with none of the "beatz" nonsense but great and solid FX and --most importantly-- a super-stable engine, or a version for film composers, which is also super-stable but offers professional scoring features (you know, like Finale and Sibelius), professional video features, professional syncing features etc. And then a version for the "beatzmakers", that can very likely be the most successful but that trades stability for more and more "gravy", like a ton of loops, a gazillion VST's etc.

I'm pretty sure I only use 10% tops of what comes included with Cubase (instruments, FX, loops --which I NEVER use-- etc.), but I'm still paying for it. Again, without "beatzmakers" who are you sound engineering for? This attitude and lack of respect would not get a dollar from me.
by mpayne0
Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It’s the same thing every time an update is announced…

Compiled *witch* List

1. It should be free… free.. free.. free… I want it to be free… Everything should be free… free… free… Everything except me because, well, because…
2. I hate these new features…. hate… hate… hate… hate these new features… I’ll never use them and they suck anyway event though I’ve never used them and don’t know a thing about them…
3. I want the old mixer back… Give me the old mixer… Give me the old mixer… I hate the new mixer… hate… hate… hate…
4. There should be 500 different versions of Cubase… No, 1000 versions, no 100,000 versions. One made specially for me… me… me… me…
5. Cubase sucks and I hate so I’m switching to Reaper/Pro Tools/Logic/Garage Band/MS Word… Until next week when I download the update because I hate Reaper/Pro Tools/Logic/Garage Band/MS Word…
6. All software except Cubase is perfect… perfect… perfect… perfect… It all works exactly perfectly… It even works when I’m not using it… And its free free free… And I have my own version of it that they gave me for free… And did I mention its perfect?

Steinberg does a damn fine job of building ridiculously complex software which sells at a ridiculously low price.

I agree! If we had some free steak knives thrown into the bundle though....
by StefK
Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Question] Does new "Instrument track 2.0" work with VST

Weasel wrote:The chances of Steinberg setting off a firestorm of criticism by [...] disenfranchising thousands of users the ability to use their [old plug-in format] is laughable at best.

Yes. As we all know, only Avid gets away with this.
by orchetect
Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There are a lot of people on this forum that assume that they are talking for the majority of Cubase users. We want this and we don’t want this.

Ok for the record, I don’t need my Cubase 7 fixed. I work a busy little studio, recording rock, pop, jazz and even electronic and my Cubase 7.06 is rock solid, it also works fine with my 3rd party plugins as long as they are 64bit.
One of my small worries about upgrading to 7.5 is how stable 7.06 is, but of course I will keep working 7 until 7.5 has been well tested in my set up.

Even if you have a Ph.D. please don’t assume that you know what a recording engineer wants from his DAW. Stops, glitches, electro drum loops are often requested in the production during a mixdown from paying customers. I’m quite pleased with the new toys in 7.5 and for only 49 euros bargain.

Who said anything about me being an engineer? I'm a classically-trained composer with a Ph.D. "beatzmakers" are DJ's, remixers, whatever you want to call them, but they don't actually make music, just rearrange someone else's loops.
I’m 54 and I’m not a DJ or beatzmaker as you put it but I know many as I do classical musicians and one is as skilled as the other. Do you realise how arrogant as well as ignorant that made you sound.

Anyway SB thank you for realising that we have a choice of which companies DAW we use and for (IMHO) being heads above the rest.
by Mrhehon
Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Groove Agent SE4

I can't wait until this Wednesday. To be honest, even if they didn't release 7.5 and just announced a "Holiday Plugin" special for $50 that included the new Groove Agent and the other plugins I would've purchased it. This along with Halion 5 is awesome. 2013 goes to Steinberg.
by mendeldrive
Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Groove Agent SE4

For me, this just by itself would be worth the cost of the upgrade. Drag n drop midi patterns back n forth from Groove Agent's new pattern sequencer (!!!) to Cubase's project page. Plus envelopes for pitch and filter (something I've been requesting for years). Good bye Battery, hello Goove Agent SE4!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fddpp3BuJUw#t=454
by Stealth
Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It is moderated......and it is now

locked...

This is not a discussion anymore and far away from the topic.

Best regards,

Marcus

*Edit*

After deleting the offtopic things, I have reopended it again.

@ all guys stay at the topic, last and only warning
by Marcus
Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Groove Agent SE4

There are two things about GA4's design could've stood a bit more refinement.

The first is the ability to drag and drop audio files onto the pads from anywhere outside of Cubase. You can already drag and drop audio files from outside Cubase onto a audio Track. So why not skip that extra step (drag audio to Cubase > Drag audio part from Cubase to GA pad) and simply drag any audio file, from anywhere, directly onto a GA pad? (GA's predecessor, the LM-4II, was able to do this).

The second is why the designers persisted with what I consider to be the limited MPC-like 16 pad paradigm. This is a design originally forced by the production cost/real estate restrictions of physical hardware. GA4 is a software GUI….something that could easily be be made to dynamically resize to accommodate up to 128 pads at once, unrestricted by the 80's synth "banking" mentality.

I'd take the convenience of monitoring and pad selection in one go, over nostalgia, any day.

That said, even without these additons, this is still an excellent improvement over its predecessor.
by Weasel
Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 at Last!

Damn it's just LIFE...deal with it!!!

I don't know how some of you people ever get any work done though all your complaining!

Everything went smooth...I just installed and loaded the project I've been editing. So far looking really nice!
by Adam_Bove
Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 at last.

Well going into C7.5 more deeply, I have to say thank you steinberg: tab to transients, playlists, sampler, multi output instrument tracks... all requested from the users, Steinberg do listen to customers! I'm glad to be on this boat.
by patcub
Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Missing samples in Halion 5-Please confirm

OK I figured it out. At least for me. I went back and found the Halion Sonic ver 1 demo discs that came with my Cubase 6 box and installed just the content to the same folder as my Halion 5 content. Now everything works. If you don't have the old discs maybe that content is available on Steinbergs ftp archives? Hope this helps.
by McBass
Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Loopmash FX

I was very curious about Loopmash FX. If I read correctly here on the forum some people thought it only worked on audio(tracks) But that's not the case... it also works on midi/vst/group channels etc.

Automating the several effects is also very convenient.
Just add an automation track below your audio/instrument/group channel and you can draw a line to trigger the right effect in a group. You can choose Effect group 1 (tapestop/vinyl) Group 2 (stutter) etc... Then determine the height of the line to trigger the desired effect with all the way down set to bypass...

I'm very happy with loopmash. I don't like assigning extra midi to trigger effects like it works with Effectrix. I myself use stutter and tapestop a lot so perhaps Loopmash is a better vst for me. Still testing a bit so not sure about it ;)

Just wanted to let you know because I read a lot about it...
by djpatb
Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Modulation in halion 5

Judas666, pointing out the strong points of a competitors products is a bit of a sensitive point on this forum and can result in some emotional reactions by a few fanatics and even a ban from one of the moderators. So watch your step when going there. ;)

You are of course welcome to make your own interpretations, but I fail to see how my answer, pointing to the solution, is perceived as more emotional than the OP when he’s complaining about lack of a feature that is actually there. Now I'm probably being both emotional and humorless :shock:

Now, over to the NI forum to help those complaining about the of lack of modulation possibilities in Kontakt.
by Whirly
Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do you run HAlion Sonic and Halion 5 together ?

I just use H5 because I feel eventually I want the option to get surgical if I need to.

I actually am not sure how the 2 work together, I almost would prefer HS2 be a HALionOne type deal, even smaller footprint that just plays the H5 programs and takes on any QC/Macros that I add for it. Even something that I could 'detach' from H5, like set it all up, and rip off just the program and my selection of control parameters, into one little window that holds maybe 10 channels of audio.

As it is HS2 is too big to be an efficient workspace, might as well use H5. It should have not been separate but linked to H5 as a "holder" for my programs, but a small easy, space saving automatable holder.
by mpayne0
Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HELGE VOGT PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW UPGRADE TO 7.07 WITH 7.5??

You obviously haven't been around long. No version is ever completely fixed.
by NWP
Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm Bored: One -Really- Nice Thing About Cubase...

I dunno if 'threaded' is the correct word, but it's definitely FANTASTIC at letting you play back and work without interruption.

IOW: in every other type of audio, video, photo, text editor I've used, you have to stop playback during a surprising number of tasks. Cubase almost -never- requires one to stop auditioning.

You don't realise that until you work on other programs where stopping every time you want to add or edit something or modify a setting stops everything. I've come to take it so for granted and I -never- think to give SB credit but it's truly amazing.

I grouse a LOT about the UI but truthfully? If I had to choose between this capability and a more modern 'dockable' UI I'd choose this any day of the week.

IOW: if the price of a new UI would be losing this seamless playback under almost all circumstances I'd be strongly tempted to just stick with the current version.

For example, the ONE thing that drives me nuts about Adobe products, which I've written have a very nice UI, is that you have to -stop- all the time when you alter just about -anything-. But when I've groused about it on Adobe Forums the people are sincerely puzzled. They can't imagine being able to say, change an automation point without stopping playback. Something as simple as turning an effect on/off? Gotta stop playback. Because they've =never= had that ability it just doesn't seem to phase 'em. I tolerate it in CS because I only spend a few hours a week with it. But I'm having trouble imagining a DAW world with all those stops/starts.

Maybe competitors are better now, but I noticed that other DAWs I've tried over the years were not quite as 'always on' and if I had stuck with them it definitely would've started to grind. Maybe I've been living under a rock and this is now SOP, but I still find this pretty fantastic.

I dunno how it translates as a feature on a box... but it's worth noting from time to time. The core of Cubase is quite something.
by suntower
Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: c7.5 is absolutely ROCK SOLID

The most stable Cubase I've had in years. I'm quite happy.

How stable is it? Really stable when you consider what it has to contend with.

Stable doesn't have to (and can never) mean "perfect." No DAW or any software is 100% free of bugs even when it controls 100% of the code. Cubase has to host all our beloved 3rd party plugins, from all parts of the globe, from all manner of software developers with their own level of expertise, skill and ways of coding. With multiple formats of those plugins, no less. In dual platform, no less. We won't even mention audio interfaces, drivers, or the OS and its layers, itself.

No technology service guarantees 100% up-time. Not even Tier 1 technology providers that get to enjoy multiple levels of redundancy, that a single computer does not.

Even the hardware is not 100% crash-free at a quantum physics level. Naturally occurring radiation and cosmic rays will statistically crash a computer with non error-correcting ram as much as once per month, per gigabyte (if left on).

For our modern computers, which many of us leave on for days at a time, with our non-server-grade, non-error-correcting memory (just about all of us here), this would translate into 32 times a month (for a system with 32 gigabytes), or about once a day, that we could statistically expect the computer to potentially crash, regardless of software ("potentially," because not all ram errors would result in a crash, but many do).

I've even had hardware sequencers lockup and require a power cycle.

A DAW would certainly be in a top ten list of the most sophisticated desktop software products created by humans. I put it at the top of that list, due to how many 3rd party programs it hosts and the real-time, latency-oriented nature of it.

So, yes, Cubase is pretty darn rock solid from where I sit. I'm in awe at how many plugins it juggles and how little it crashes.

iTunes crashes more than Cubase for me. Which gets funnier the more you think about it.
by Jalcide
Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why is horizontal scrolling inverted and how to change i

dafnii wrote:it's really annoying when they force you to change OS just because they make something incompatible!...

I hear ya... AFAIK the newest versions of most other DAWs don't support Snow Leopard either though, including Apple's own Logic X!
by Stealth
Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How disappointing was Steinberg at their home show ?

Yes, Cubase is an awesome DAW, and with the problems AVID is facing nowadays, Steinberg is having a strategic opportunity to take advantage of the market.

I think they worked hard to offer a top notch product, I'm glad I work with cubase and I trust steinberg/yamaha.
by patcub
Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How disappointing was Steinberg at their home show ?

I completely agree with you on the Cubase 7.5.10 being the most stable DAW going BUT wouldn't it of been a good idea to release something like GA4 at the MusikMesse or other apps people are waiting for, it is their home country show after all .
Stability of 7.5.10 is not an issue at all , i love it but Steinberg seem to have gone quiet on their product side lately , that's all im trying to say ;-)
by G-string
Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5.20

No, that doesn't work for those of us on two screens or more! Most pro studios have two screens or even three.
Guess that makes me a pro studio then 8-) , 2x 1920x1200, 1x 1280x768 (as plugin magnifier) atm.
Works perfectly here, like it has for the last decade or so, for any number of screens between 2 and 4, equal res or not.
Just saying ...
Rhino
by Rhino
Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5.20

I bet we see a farewell to the legacy MDI window system and a complete revamp in v8.0. Just a hunch.

My guess is that it will continue to become more of a scalable UI, like the console is becoming, have full touch support and lots of flexible, dockable areas. Floating windows and z-order will still be present, but a focus on a more modern, z-order-less workflow will be the focus.
I look very forward to this !!! I really wish for more tight midi especially using VSTi to route midi signals and be tight for very fast beats

5.5.20 so good news.. thanks for listening to us SB!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ps I bet most of the fixes are related to Windows, but other wise 7.5 is so stable I cannot come here and compain too much cus busy mixing music><

Timing-wise, for audio, Cubase should be sample accurate at whatever sample rate it's running at and would null-test, no?

For MIDI, internally, it's something outrageously high like 1920 PPQN, since like the late 90's at least, I think. Automation, as well.

I think the only "timing" thing (not really a timing thing), and that plagues all modern DAWs, is the whole VSTs rendering slightly different each time, which is why a lot of producers bounce to audio (and why Cubase's missing "Bounce In Place" feature continues to be high on the wish list). This is an issue inherent with most plugins, themselves.

Describe more of your timing problems, I bet it's a non-cubase issue (DPC latency checker issue, perhaps). I bet it's VST multi-rendering (or freezing) phase issues.

Try printing those tracks to audio and I bet the issue goes away. Or, try triggering raw samples via MIDI without any effects, I bet it nulls consistently.
by Jalcide
Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VSTBridgeApp - Does this mean I'm running 32bit Plugins?

Patanjali wrote:
Luis Dongo wrote:It looks like this

Unless I missed something, the only image (besides the right arrows indicating sub-lists) I can see is the III for VST 3.

Here is an image showing both of them:

by Makumbaria
Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Track Color/Q-Link

I find the Q-Link feature extremely useful, but it seems strange to me that color selection isn't part of the linking. If I select and route a bunch of guitar tracks, it'd be pretty helpful to color them all the same quickly.

Shouldn't be hard to implement, right?
by Willie Green
Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why Does Cubase Ruin My Creativity Every Time?

Saying it twice doesn't make it more true.
You still have not given more information about your system.

I was a teacher and I know that fixation with the things you don't like is a barrier to moving forward with your own development. Another DAW will give you different things to complain about and you will eventually build those faults into a deal breaker. For instance in Live you will be frustrated with the mixing and sound..... Wait a minute I thought you were fed up with the Cubase mixer. I'm thinking frying pans and fire.
by silhouette
Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why Does Cubase Ruin My Creativity Every Time?

It's opening older projects to find the windows all over the place and the mixer settings all wrong

Between workspaces and hotkeys for pulling up any window I might want, I guess I don't personally see an issue that's killing me here. Yes, improvements could be made, but I don't think it's been a deal breaker for the majority of us.

It's having to constantly reassign inputs outputs and especially external plugin settings because no presets

Again, my presets for inputs and outputs seem to load fine. Not sure what your getting at, but might be related to your specific setup?

It's putting up with "workarounds" instead of an elegant solution provided by the programmer

Non-specific and something you would have to do with any software package until any bug was fixed. But I know.... you don't see ANY problems or bugs in any of the other DAW's on the market...... go figure. :roll:

it's the focus on new features and vstis instead of fixing basic simple stuff, like no bounce in place

You can't fix something that hasn't been implemented yet...... Although I do hope it's added, macro's get you 9/10 of the way there currently. And just because you didn't benefit from an improved VSTi or any of the new features you might be referring to doesn't mean someone else didn't.

It's the MIXER being introduced and slowing down workflow by making single clicks into double clicks and pause-open

Totally subjective.... For myself, and according to what I have seen on the forums, for others as well, the new mixer was something that helped speed up the workflow. Could it be improved? Sure.... That's what updates are for.

It's lots of little things that add up to slow me down and wear down my patience, and I have a lot, I was using Cubase in 1996!

Great.... Again, it's a personal opinion and if you feel that way then that's fine..... Why the need to continue to let us know about it??? Some of us completely disagree with your assessment of the software.

But it's over now, I can't take any more, I have seen through Steinbergs game after all these years, they will never get it right because then no one will upgrade.

good luck to you if it's working well for you though, but I think you are viewing things through rose tinted glasses.
7.5 is slower than 5.5 and 6.5

Don't know why I bothered as this one pretty much says it all.... Yet you keep coming back to comment?!?!? Go figure :lol:

Your right, I am a fanboy of cubase. I personally love the software and have been an owner for decades. Why on earth would I feel bad about that decision. Do I have things I hope are fixed in the future? Of course....... And if for some reason I don't like the new version, I always have the older to fall back on. I have no regrets at all with cubase being my DAW of choice. Apparently, you have a different opinion. Why you continue to feel the need to tell us about it is a bit beyond me though. Unless your just looking for justification in your decision to move on?!?! In which case I would suggest a different forum. :D
by bjones306
Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

First off. OBVIOUS INFORMATION for the unready. This is NOT the ISSUES forum. This is NOT the Steinberg SUPPORT desk. I suggest you visit one or the other if one is serious about having these "problems".

There is less wrong with Cubase than is wrong with the incompetent who can't get it to work like thousands of others can.
Who don't know how to complain properly or even where to complain and who mysteriously have a convenient amnesia when it comes to supplying any handy information that might help themselves like system details. Complaining here just makes you all look a bit foolish because this is a USER self-help forum. Do I have to say that s-l-o-w-l-y. A u-s-e-r selllffff hhhheeeellllppp foooorrroooom. It's not the forum where the sane moan for years and years about the SAME problem they had with the last 8 versions (that they were NEVER going to buy). The problem that bothers no one else because they have got a life.
And I have seen devs contributing here. I have seen problems addressed. I think these posts are cheeky and arrogant beyond belief. How would any of you like to be treated the same way by your "clientele"? The way so much "doesn't work" I can believe complaints about some studios must be numerous. Does one tell the "client" "Sorry but it's Cubase. It's awful!" ? :roll:
And it doesn't help with problems when helpful suggestions are brushed aside as irrelevant because they don't join in with the spurious complaint brigade.

What's going on with Cubase 7 is "not much". What's going on with some users that needs more urgent attention.
Nobody MADE any of us buy Cubase. So why buy all those latest, shiny new versions that you said you'd never bother buying from Steinberg EVER again? I'm as dim as a 40watt lightbulb and I can get Cubase working. Even Cubase 7.
by Buchanan
Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And they should fix ALL the bugs, before they release a new version of Cubase.

I dont have a problem with minor little bugs here and there. What I have a problem with is PAYING for MAJOR bug fixing, what evidently is the case with 7.5 and even worse, those major bugs arent even fixed in version 7.5!!!

SO WE HAVE TO BUY AGAIN!
by mrjixies
Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What an absolutely useless unhelpful thread this is!

Please can all those who feel so aggreived by Cubase please migrate to Bitwig where I am certain they will find the true horror of Version 1 software! And leave the rest of us with our mature, stable product that so many of you claim is "broken".
by Graham_Simmonds
Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Media Bay: Align Beats To Project

blimpo1 wrote:I haven't figured out how to route Mediabay so I can hear the sounds when auditioning them....

Disable control room does the trick for me. The button is located on the left/middle of the media bay window...
by AP
Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Iro: Track Color Pack for Cubase

Seyoum, you´re the best!

I never understood why the track color scheme in Cubase was so limited.

Best regards,

Charles

For the same reasons everything else is limited:

Because someone wants them to be limited.

Great job on the new color mod , definetly going to use it! Shame that the users them selves have to make the software better.
by lowfreak
Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fantastic mod, thanks Sayoun! Steiny needs to give this man a free upgrade to 8.0!
by SuStudio
Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks for this, it looks really nice. I have already added 3 more sections to it:

Pink, Brown and Baby Blue. I might add more and then once I am done I could send you the blank CPR and if you want you could post the new version on your site.

Maestro2be
by maestro2be
Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sort VST instruments by manufacturer but inserts by type

Exactly! If I had the ability to organize my presets I would spend the time doing it. Just give me that ability! Though I must admit the ability to search plugin by name is AWESOME and how I load plugins 90% of the time, but sometimes I want to see my options for a particular type of plugin instead of going with the first one I can remember the name of. :)
by JT3Jon
Sun May 04, 2014 7:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The cursor in 7.5 is fine

All this time i have been getting really frustrated with the flickering cursor when zooming in but today flicking through my Bios settings i noticed that my hyper threading was enabled on the motherboard sooooo i disabled it and fired up Cubase and guess what ?????? No more flickering cursor , absolutely solid and as stable as hell ,so ok i admit it I'm an idiot for not noticing this earlier ;-)
So if anyone else has this issue then check your hyper thread settings in your Bios to stop yourself from falling into the idiot trap . ;-)

Good luck and peace ;-)
by G-string
Wed May 14, 2014 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubasis 1.9? Could we see time stretching?

Hello,

We have time stretch already on our feature request list!
Have fun making music with Cubasis now!

Best regards,
GN
by Guillermo
Thu May 22, 2014 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Simple Audio Card Question

Hello,

actually it is not really important which sound card one uses.

All you have to do (on windows at least... don't really know if this can be done on OSX) is to open the Windows Control Panel, click on "Sound", select your default device on Playback and click on Properties. Under "advanced" remove the check from the option "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and that's it.

Then you will be able to have 2 televisions on quoting airflamesred.

Regards
by Luis Dongo
Thu May 22, 2014 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Splitting Chords notes into Individual Tracks ?

I know I -can- do it that way, but two things spring to mind:

1) In most parts it would be easier to do it manually by selection than it would be to cut them up and do that for each one

2) Are we really in a position where it's not possible to solve this kind of problem with clever coding? I'd have thought an intelligent/musically aware logical editor would have been a really useful tool for lots of people. It certainly would be for me, and I don't believe I'm alone in this. At present it has the potential to be an incredible tool, but only that. Yes, it's a great tool and I use it for a lot of tedious tasks to save a lot of boring editing, but it's pretty much the same as it was in the Atari era. Given all the other progress that's been made, surely this can move forward? Sibelius offers useful tools and the ability to extend it, why not Cubase?
by djaychela
Thu May 22, 2014 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And for those of you who aren't fully familiar with the colours section:

You can rename any of the colours by double clicking on them. So if you have a standard working practice for instance you could have the greens for "verse 1", reds for "intro" and so on. Lots of possibilities of how you can use the naming of colours. For instance if I have repeated midi loops in a project & I've edited one of them I may use a lighter red but have the colour named as "Variation 1".
Something for you to think about.
Neil
by Neil B
Sat May 24, 2014 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Measure effect loop delay problems (RME UFX)

Any news on a fix for this? There are a LOT of people that really like the external FX options - and the ping function was excellent. Steinberg - please fix this as soon as possible... I am trying to use external FX, and the delay compensation is not working correctly. All too often, it reports a delay of 0ms, which I know is incorrect.
by toader
Sun May 25, 2014 6:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hello Seyoum,

This is fantastic.
Since you are more focused on user needs and less in "selling the next update" can you also develop a proper "bounce in place" 8-) 8-) :D :D :D :D :D
by giankam
Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Method in Template to Print to Audio Track

If you set up External FX and instrument busses (VST connections) I think you can get around this provided you do a real time export.
by BriHar
Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can you Change the Tuning of Cubase?

That may be, but he's also on a Windows jihad. He doesn't miss a chance to bash the OS he doens't agree with! Just look at his postings for the facts.

Perhaps you consider it helpful to spread lies and misinformation. I don't!

Looks like it is you on a platforms war here. Please, stop this.

It also looks like you are misktaking Steve for someone else, and... Steve is a Mac user, just look at his signature.
by Fabio Bartolini
Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Beat Designer Midi "IMPORT"???

Very interesting... i'll have to check that out. More research from the manual...
I have been spending a lot of time trying to work the Groove Agent SE pattern Bank into to workflow.
i have been importing the midi drum patterns directly into Groove agent, then dragging them on to the Piano roll... Making alterations then bouncing them back on to Groove agent on the free pattern pads... Very time consuming... It would be a lot faster if we could drag and drop directly on the Beat Designer...
by oldskoolproductions
Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyway to import a section of audio part?

A workaround could be:

- Import the whole 10 minute file into the pool
- Create a track with it in the arranger
- Trim the part to the 5 seconds you need
- Use the function "Minimize file" in the pool to trim the audiofile

hth.
by flexionmusic
Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pro Tools Shortcuts - Trim Start, Trim End, Fade From St

I don't think you really need a left hand key for that in Cubase: With moving the lower corners of the audio event you trim, with moving the upper ones you fade. You can assign keys for special duties, for example I have one when I want to change trimming to time stretch mode.
by Lippi
Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Copying Inserts and Pasting them??

It's easier if you know what you intend to do first. You can just select all the channels, link or Qlink them, then select and setup your insert (or other) effect and it will automatically do the same on all selected channels.

If you've already setup the effect in one channel, then select the other channels using alt click, then using the triangle pull down menu at the top rightmost corner of the mixer, select 'copy first channels settings', then again and this time select 'paste to selected channels'. This will however indeed copy all channels settings.

If as above you've already setup the effect in one channel, but you only want to copy the particular insert effect, then select the other channels using alt click and then link the channels. Select the effect on the second selected channel and it will also appear on all selected channels. now go to the first channel and activate the effects window. Because all channels are linked, if you just do a tiny tweek of each of the controls (turn a knob 1 increment higher or lower then return it to it's previous position) all the specific effects on all the other selected channels will spring to the same settings.

Don't forget to de-link afterwards
by BriHar
Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Alt and drag one by one or just save it as a chain preset.
by wcb123
Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BriHar,
OK, your methods work great. Only one issue. When I paste 30 channels of plug ins....Cubase wants to open 30 instances of that plug in. Is there a way to paste these plugs without the GUI opening for each instance?

D

Try This
Go to preferences
VST
Plug Ins
Untick Open Effects editor arfter loading it
by RdRm
Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How to find sample key?

Hi guys, can anyone tell me how do i find the key to a sample in cubase please?
Your question is ambiguous which is why you got two different answers.

Do you mean:

a) Pitch of a note of a sample? Then Centralmusic's suggestion is the answer.

b) Key of a sample of music? That is harder, but typically the key is what the ending note is, but only if the piece is not making a definite statement in its ending, which may be at odds with the sentiment of the rest of the piece.
To do a bit of nitpicking here; sachin22s question is not ambiguous. Your answer contributes to the confusion though. The "Key" always refers to the chord progression of a piece of music (which, technically, can be a single chord or a whole symphony). The pitch of a single note is always referred to as "Pitch".

Since sachin22 is asking for the "Key", he's asking for (b) not (a). Therefore, what he need is a polyphonic detection system. I believe that software versions are beginning to show up. But the most advanced polyphonic detection software still resides in the brain of a human musician.
by Svenne
Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase

I can see why you're confused
by SYNC
Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: help needed

Thanks guys, really appreciate this. I am reading manual as I go, watching utube vids but like most peeps there is a need to just try 'hands on' too :)
Quintt...
by Quintt
Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Programming groups in key editor

Well if you turn snap off you can draw in notes of any duration at any position. Then you could turn that into a quantize preset. After that you can just snap to that new preset.

Probably the easiest way to do this even leaves snap on. Make a one bar midi part and open it in the Key Editor. Enter a regular 16th note at the beginning of the measure. The default resolution is 120 ticks per 16th note, or 480 for a quarter note. So to fit 7 notes into a quarter it takes 480 / 7 = 68.57 ticks. Select the note you created and in the info line set its length to 69 ticks. Then hit ctrl-D six times to copy the note. Because of the fractional ticks the last note will be a few ticks too long. Drag its end so it snaps to the quarter note boundary, making it a bit short. Then select all the notes and duplicate them to fill out the measure. Use that midi part to create a quantize preset.

Alternatively you could have made the first note 68 ticks long and lengthened the last note a bit. You could also have distributed the extra or missing ticks between several notes. But that would be more work and your never going to notice that one of the notes is 3 ticks shorter than the rest.

This all sounds more difficult than it is. It took me about a minute to do it (including looking up the resolution in the manual) and about 10 minutes to write the explanation.

You can change the default resolution in Preferences/MIDI to something that divides evenly. But I wouldn't do that since it will likely create confusion in the future.
by raino
Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Todd Terje shoves Cubase for Mac under the bus

Maybe he should stop using Mac then. :roll:

DG
by DG
Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Possible to Loop Instrument Pads?

Dear Ilsehab,
I know what you are planning to do and I am sorry to tell you that it is not possible with the Groove Agent SE.

I will make a feature request about this issue, because I think it might be a nice way to work with loops.

cheers,

Jan
by Jan Neddermann
Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5.30

Does any one else receive this error? I downloaded it twice to be sure, it installs GASE4 update but not Cubase 7.5.20 -> 7.5.30

Cubase 7.5.30 64bit Update

An installation paackage for the product Steinberg Cubase 7.5 64bit cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'Cubase75_64bit.msi'.

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=63900
by greggybud
Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cubase 7.5.30 . Fantastic! FOR THE PRO'S!

I just made the jump from Cubase 5 to Cubase 7.5.30 on mac OSX10.9.4 from 10.7, took advantage of the current sale
Brilliant! I am sure the sound is more defined even though the engine may be the same.
All my plugs, which are all legit and updated are working well.
WAVES, SOFTUBE , SLATE, IZOTOPE,PSP , MELODYNE , TRACKS.
Incredible actually, track versions and chord tracks are effortless.
I was impressed how seamless the update was , all my old sessions are fine.
I also have a motif xs rack which is WICKED within cubase 7.5.0, it is SOLID!
Any questions let me know.

WELL DONE STEINBERG! I am so relieved to have made the leap and to be rewarded by such a great DAW!
by metalwolf
Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thank you. I'll try it tonight. It will be a great help for the eyes.
Terry
by TerryCano
Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seyoum, I've made a release of your colour set with some pastel colours on the end. Mind if I release this to the public?

Tom
by Tyrcian
Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pastel Track Colours

Sorted the Iro + my pastel colours, just waiting on the OK from Seyoum to publish it, or I can provide instructions to do it yourself (literally copy and pasting a block of text into a specific place in the defaults.xml file)

For the meantime check the download link as I've added a lot more colours and reordered them.
by Tyrcian
Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CUBASE 7.5 in Windows 10 (Windows Technical Preview) Nov2014

Hi,
FYSA: I'm currently running Windows 10 with CUBASE 7.5 : Seem to work fine, more to follow.

The Update went well. kind of smooth actually.
eLicencer fussed a bit about finding the "file on hard drive is unrecoverable" or something like that.
I Downloaded and re-install the last version of eLicencer: all good now.

HALion 5, Groove Agent 4, work fine. the UR22 is still there and running as default Sound Card.
The BAMBOO tablet 3 finger instant slide/rotate are now back (not available on Win 7)

Setup:
I'm running CUBASE 7.5 on a Sony Vaio All-In-One, 24" touch screen (Immediate access to knobs and Sliders in VST's and Consoles and PADs. I rarely need to assign/CC until any specific VST's for dial other than permanent CUBASE controls like Volume and Pan.
by VOZZ
Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm confused.... is this supposed to be impressive??... I'm still on Cubase 6 and you have complete control over selecting and adding new colors. You can select from any RGB value you see fit.

Or did they take that functionality away in 7 or 7.5???

No functionality has been removed, yes I think it's very impressive and you might be confused.

Have you spent the time trying or accomplishing what Seyoum did?

Have you spent the time trying or accomplishing what Tyrcian did?

When you do this, get back to me with something better, and you will be one of the most "thanked" people in the Cubase forum.
by greggybud
Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Axiom 49 (1st G) and Controlling Cubase 7.5

It looks like you are using a Generic Remote setup. I am not sure about the 1st GEN Axiom controllers, but it may have a "driver" called "Direct Link" that will more directly map the controls. Check the m-Audio site for the latest version for C7.5.
J.L.
by jaslan
Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will there be a Cubase 7.5.4 before Cubase 8 is released

Hello all,

I can't name a date but I can tell you that there will definitely be a Cubase 7.5.40 version and that is with 100% certainty.

All the best
by Luis Dongo
Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic