Re: Key Command: Deactivate All Record Enabled

I'll just leave this here
by MrSmith
Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.1 MIDI Track / Channel Settings / Show Output Chain

Something's wrong here.

I really have to believe that they don't even test these features thoroughly, if at all, before calling it "improved".
by MrSmith
Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.1 MIDI Track / Channel Settings / Show Output Chain

Works OK for me. Note that you have to first select the MIDI's audio output first, otherwise "Show Output Chain" will not expand.

Works ok until you restart cubase and reload projects. Then channel setting all shows CH1 again on every track.

To be expected. That's what templates are for. :)

Template or no template - this feature is broken. You cannot set per-MIDI track output routing in the channel settings window.

It's maddening, considering they went through the trouble to design the feature. What's the point if you just leave it broken for several versions?

I really don't understand it. They'd make this application 10% better by correctly implementing this feature.
by MrSmith
Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pan Law for the biggest sounding mix

Just got my UAD-2 today. See if you can hear the difference.

Here are the mixes:

NO UAD-2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/py7ykhi2a72jvo0/Edge%20of%20a%20New%20Forever%20OLD.mp3

WITH UAD-2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/uc4rlypweu11cwu/Edge%20of%20a%20New%20Forever%20NEW.mp3

Constructive feedback on the mix is appreciated. Thanks, guys!

0:00 - Guitar sounds good, just a few dB too loud. Vocal is boxy and doesn't cut thru the mix (cut mud and boost 1.5-4k ; not the entire range, just where the 'power lies'. might need to SC and/or scoop the same feq. the acous. rrhythm guitar for the vocal to have a spot
0:30 - Flat vocal note
0:40 - The bass sounds out of tune? Or is it the guitar. The kick needs a little 'weight' to it. A little roominess on the drums might help the vibe
0:58 - Same thing about the male vocal applies to the female lead vocal. I think a short reverb and/or delay would really help here too
1:59: Great drummer, but those toms are up a little too much.
~2:15: Something in that acoustic guitar is causing my ears to fatigue. Attenuating that freq. will probably help bring out the vocals. Add some space too it too, to give it some more texture if you find that attenuating the hi-freq takes away some of the 'prettiness'

all IMO, obvious. You already did the majority of the work, as the rhythm section and the guitar are mostly there.
by MrSmith
Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Nothing is stopping them from acknowledging us.

There is no them only us, the staff are all users as well (devs rarely visit the forum).

That's true. I don't believe I've ever seen a dev post, ever.

So the long awaited 7.5.2.0 - doesn't look like many (important) things fixed.

Surprised? does anyone else think it's obvious that who ever's at the head of developing app, is avoiding improving it 'too much'. Hence, overhauling peripheral features. I.E. bloating the CR with more images.

It wasn't all bad though: They addressed the audio warp grid being completely gone. FOUR MONTHS it has been left broken... I think leaving a broken feature in your 'professional' app, for that length of time, says volumes about the state of affairs here.

And I will say that it opened my project faster than it did before. ASIO is a bit more efficient for some. I didn't notice any performance gains. It's inconsequential to me though, as I can't use 7.5, due to the glaring bug in the channel settings window )

Here's some helpful things they could do:
1. Do something about name truncation/bloated ugly font
2. Kill the mixconsole with fire and redesign it. For instance, in it's present state, >15% of the screen real estate in the window space isn't wasted on ugly banner cell-padding :oops: Here's a good post on it.
3. Make plugin bubbles function the way they did back in 7.0.4
4. Fix focus issues on the mix console window
5. Fix the numerous Instrument Rack bugs.
6. Get rid of the giant static arrow for track versions next to the names in the project window. They unnecessarily use up horizontal space. Forces you to increase name size & move the inspector out.
7. Use your imagination to add new, useful features/preferences/hotkeys?? (Again, beyond a few peripheral ones) Or don't even do that, and pick a major user requested feature and add it.

DaDa put it well:

Looks like they want me to pay the 'major fee', again.
:|

Jan

Here's the reality, IMHO/from where I'm standing:
'They' don't treat us/this application with respect...
'They' don't REALLY care to improve this app (see: glacial upgrades, unresolved bug and user-written walls of text on SB's obstinate policy of ignoring FRs for years)...
'They' DO care to keep you at bay while they package up another $250 upgrade for you.
'They' don't really care if you waste time on your workflow/leave issues addressed.
by MrSmith
Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I agree. I´ve never seen a fully working Cubase.

Nor have I. It believe it's clear that they don't want improve the app too much before dropping a major release, if it all.

Something tells me Cubase 8 will bring forth a whole new slew of problems. And voila: we're at the beginning of the cycle again:

Here's how the update cycle has been.
1. Product release. Great features added, but also many new bugs.
2. Users request features. Bug reports submitted to address said issues.
3. A few updates. Issues largely ignored..
4. Paid .5 update. Old features may break here.
5. Repeat #2 and #3
6. Announce new version 3-6 months in advance. 50+ pg. threads anticipating features, everyone hopes that the improvements they'd hoped for are added.
7. New version released. People optimistically buy. Outcome: Goto #1, rinse, repeat.

Right now we're between #5-6. I hope it doesn't go like that, but honestly the outcome isn't looking good. They're not in any rush to address these problems now, I don't see why they'd revise their entire strategy after Cubase 8 is out and suddenly have open betas, etc.
by MrSmith
Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

MixConsole is so buggy..
by MrSmith
Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Since Cubase 7 was released on December 5, 2012:
- The app is released with nonfunctional features.
- The updates don't address these problems and stay unresolved for months/years.
- Users who don't pay an additional $50 are orphaned from future updates and left with a broken app.
- In addition to adding some useful features, said update breaks even more features.
- Users who don't shell out an additional $250+ will be orphaned from future updates and left with a broken app.

If Steinberg never completely addresses the problems, here are your options as a user:

a. Accept your incomplete software.
b. Switch DAWs
c. Continue paying them $ in the hopes that they will address the issues with future updates.

The reason that this discussion exists is because it's clear that Steinberg's attitude is one that leaves the majority of user submitted bug reports and feature-requests ignored.

They're not pro-actively trying to improve the application. They're trying to string you along until their next opportunity to get more $ from you.

It's tolerable at best to the uninitiated, but very frustrating as a long time user; as we've seen the pattern in their business practices.

In short, Steinberg should be:

...taking responsibility for a product that is sold advertising something it doesn't live up to, particularly if getting that corrected requires spending more money.

That's what this discussion is about. I urge any user who is unhappy with these practices to voice their opinion and brainstorm about our recourse as a userbase.
by MrSmith
Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic