Nothing is stopping them from acknowledging us.
There is no them only us, the staff are all users as well (devs rarely visit the forum).
That's true. I don't believe I've ever seen a dev post, ever.
So the long awaited 220.127.116.11 - doesn't look like many (important) things fixed.
Surprised? does anyone else think it's obvious that who ever's at the head of developing app, is avoiding improving it 'too much'. Hence, overhauling peripheral features. I.E. bloating the CR with more images.
It wasn't all bad though: They addressed the audio warp grid being completely gone. FOUR MONTHS it has been left broken... I think leaving a broken feature in your 'professional' app, for that length of time, says volumes about the state of affairs here.
And I will say that it opened my project faster than it did before. ASIO is a bit more efficient for some. I didn't notice any performance gains. It's inconsequential to me though, as I can't use 7.5, due to the glaring bug in the channel settings window )
Here's some helpful things they could do:
1. Do something about name truncation/bloated ugly font
2. Kill the mixconsole with fire and redesign it. For instance, in it's present state, >15% of the screen real estate in the window space isn't wasted on ugly banner cell-padding :oops: Here's a good post on it.
3. Make plugin bubbles function the way they did back in 7.0.4
4. Fix focus issues on the mix console window
5. Fix the numerous Instrument Rack bugs.
6. Get rid of the giant static arrow for track versions next to the names in the project window. They unnecessarily use up horizontal space. Forces you to increase name size & move the inspector out.
7. Use your imagination to add new, useful features/preferences/hotkeys?? (Again, beyond a few peripheral ones) Or don't even do that, and pick a major user requested feature and add it.
DaDa put it well:
Looks like they want me to pay the 'major fee', again.
Here's the reality, IMHO/from where I'm standing:
'They' don't treat us/this application with respect...
'They' don't REALLY care to improve this app (see: glacial upgrades, unresolved bug and user-written walls of text on SB's obstinate policy of ignoring FRs for years)...
'They' DO care to keep you at bay while they package up another $250 upgrade for you.
'They' don't really care if you waste time on your workflow/leave issues addressed.