Search found 8 matches

Return

Re: SUGGESTIONS FOR NEW FEATURES

4/5. Newer tried macros. Maybe I should get into that… But why not make it a tool?!
4 already is, 5 can be done in a macro easily.

6. I have made two track with a drum loop. I group them, then I open one of them in audio editor and move using free warp. You can see the two tracks do not follow each other in the project window (see screen dump ): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2425732/Cubase_Grouping_Warp.png

Am I missing something?!
AHHH, no I was missing something from your original explanation. Grouping the way you have it only applies to the arrange page. What you want to do is make a folder, move the files to the folder and enable group editing on the folder. Then it will behave closer to how you want. You need to read up on group editing though, it has its own little peculiarities that take a bit of getting used to.
by JMCecil
Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Aloha S,

1.) File --> Open Recent… ).
+1
A number of users have asked for this.

2.) Export audio in different ways than just Mixdown. For example being able to export all selected tracks as separate audio files (one long for each track) for mixing on other systems. .

I use 'batch export' for this now. Or am I missing this point?

{'-'}
by curteye
Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1.) File --> Open Recent… (could be handy sometimes).

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy105/jmcecil_photos/menu_zps99788c26.png

2.) Export audio in different ways than just Mixdown. For example being able to export all selected tracks as separate audio files (one long for each track) for mixing on other systems. Or other neat exporting features for audio.

might want to poke around the export options a bit

4.) New Tool - select everything from point of click and to the right on one track (tool from Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro). Good for moving a track without missing something that you can't see on your right.

5.) New Tool - select everything from point of click and to the right on all tracks (tool from Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro). This is awesome when wanting to move a part of a whole project without having to zoom everything out and selecting all parts. Should include automation and all other points.

macros are your friend

6.) When grouping two or more tracks (Command+G) or using the Track Folder it should also work for audio warp/free warp. It doesn't - the tracks go out of sync when doing warp on one audio file.

hmm ... not saying it isn't the case, but I've never had this happen and I use warping a lot. Maybe provide a sample project or something or files or maybe a detailed walk-thru.

7.) I have a window with the piano roll open on one screen and my arranger on the other screen. When I mark an event in the arranger window it shows automatically in the piano roll. BUT it shows the piano roll from the beginning of the event. Could you please make it update to show where the timeline/cursor is placed?

+1 .. but with the addition that the piano roll used to be much smarter about how it zoomed on an event when opened. It seems to have slowly devolved over versions. Please zoom to the event, start at cursor but as a preference, and/or to loop etc ...
by JMCecil
Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also, I should add that there isn't multi-track warping. That is an oft requested feature already.
by JMCecil
Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sustain midi data editing - what happened?

Nope. It's a current feature request.
by SteveInChicago
Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Best workaround I've found so far.. create a macro..
1) First create a Logical Editor preset..
Upper Section..
Type is___Equal___Controller___And
Value 1___Equal___64

Lower Section..
Value 2___Round By___127

Function = "Transform".
Name your preset, e.g. "Round CC#64"

Macro..
Name, e.g. "Old Sustain Pedal"
Process Logical Preset - Round CC#64
MIDI - Thin Out

Any CC#64 values that were lower than 64 get transformed to zero, and any equal or above 64 get transformed into 127, and, (usually ;) ) any duplicates get removed. YMMV ;).
by vic_france
Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SoundComposer wrote:So cool Vic! Thank you. I don't know that much about macros but I will try to create it :) Should be able to Google it ;)

See pg.714 of the Cubase 7 documentation, it is quite easy to follow ;).
by vic_france
Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic