Search found 3 matches

Return

New ways of mixing habits

I'm trying to get to grips with the new metering functions - especially the loudness meters.
In the "old days" I mixed so the peaks were -1-2 dB and loudness around 12-18 dB- depending on the material.
Now we have LUFS and LU and AES17 and recommended level is -23 LUFS.
If I mix a file that is -23 LUFS the peaks max at -10 and RMS at -20. Sounds much weaker than my old mixes.
And all the different meters scales - Digital, EBU,DIN, British, Nordic, K-20 etc.. - very confusing.. - what shall I aim for ?
I've been reading up on the subject but haven't found an "explanation for dummies" - including the Steinberg videos.
Can anyone direct me to where I can find easy to understand comparisons ?
TIA,
Mads
--
by madsv
Sun May 19, 2013 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C7.0.6 mono to stereo plugin

For me it depends on what effect you're using or needing...

If it's specific for only the one track then use it as an insert, and in this case you need to create a new stereo track and copy the mono track to the stereo track (I think that's what you need because the track type e.g. stereo/mono/5.1 is fixed when you create the track...).

Or if you're using an ambient reverb type then you'd be better off with a send, and then you may well use it for other instruments, which'll help the track gel together too.

In terms of processing power, it makes no different using insert or send, but the point of sends is that you can route more than one track to the same effect, that can't be done using inserts of course because you'll use up your processing power by adding too many effects.

Mike.
by GargoyleStudio
Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase IC Pro feature suggestions

Here's a request for a feature that would be extremely useful. A teleprompter feature!

Yes, there are separate teleprompter apps to download, but having it incorporated into iC Pro would have the great benefit that the text is synchronized with the project playback position. When the playback position changes, the text position adjusts accordingly.

Why limit it to text, by the way. Why not put the chord track to good use and let iC pro generate scrolling chord charts?

If Steinberg want's to really go "all in", it could even be synched with the Score features. Wouldn't it be useful if iC Pro could display a scrolling score? Again, locked to the playback position. Either for multiple instruments or for the instrument being recorded.
by Svenne
Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic