Search found 81 matches

Return

Re: channel settings .. developpers seriously ?

Hello,

did you try to reset preferences?

Or a complete re-install of the application?
This could be related to the skin file, which is not replaced correctly on a few system.

Lastly, posting help requests without "it's totaly *knuf* up" or "Is anybody in charge of the basic obvious bugs in this company ?" would be much appreciated.
But to answer the question: yes, of course there are people in charge for tracking, reporting, analysing and fixing.

Regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do I have the right version of Cubase Elements 7?

Hello,

there are no separate 32 and 64 versions on Mac.
You need to right-click on the Cubase Elements 7 icon, select "Get Info" and un-tick "Run in 32 bit mode".

Kind regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.06 crashing within 40 seconds

Hello,

I have another identical case, apparently.
It looks like you have a pretty different configuration and hardware, so it would be very interesting to dig a little deeper.
If it happens in the same way (and it seems it does, as the signature is identical) it could help to narrow down the causes of the crash. Yours are the only cases I know of, so we indeed need some info.

The other user's project has very specific plug-ins and I've remoted his machine and seen precisely what happens.

I'm going to send you a PM.

Kind regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase can't find any IK Multimedia in my old projects

Hello,

just to add to what have been said.

If you had T-RackS 3 in the old projects and now have installed T-RackS CS (v4), then those plug-ins have a different ID, so the instances where you have used v3 won't be automatically replaced by the v4 versions.

Both versions can be installed on the same system to allow backwards compatibility though.

Kind regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lost USB licenser

but.. where is suport for resolve this problem? it seems that steinberg redirect for distribuitors.. a serious problem that is easy to happen.. usb key e-licence may not be the best solution,

Support already contacted the user, so I don't get the point?

In case the user is not in the EU, then yes, MySteinberg re-directs to the Distributors (i.e. Steinberg Support USA, Yamaha Support AU, etc.). Requests within the EU sent via MySteinberg reach the Support Team in Germany.

Should not be that easy to lose it, as one should carefully look after the dongle. But can happen, yes.
by Fabio Bartolini
Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i took less than 10 days to recover the thing so im quite happy

So you had to go over a week without Cubase? Ouch! Hope music production isn't your primary source of income!

Glad to hear it got worked out in the end, but this is a perfect argument for internet authorization.

What if you lost your licence and lost your internet connection for a week? To me there is no excuse you can come up with that makes other licencing methods more reliable than a hardware dongle.

If music production is your primary source of income then maybe consider the possibility of having a second licence on a second dongle locked away in a safe somewhere.

Hello,

more than a second license (quite expensive!), I would recommend to have a spare empty USB-eLicenser.

Besides the 25-hours license, which is good for 3 eight-hours working days, you can request a 30-days trial code without having to wait to have someone to reply your support enquiry.

[EDIT: Sorry, I noticed that SteveInChigago wrote the same after replying - cheers Steve]

Kind regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HighProductions wrote:I have stupidly misplaced the USB e-licenser for my version of Cubase 7.

My question is, do I have to buy a complete new package of cubase to get a new licenser, or is there a way to order a replacement/a program where I do not have to have the e-licenser that I could use?

Thanks

PM sent.
by Fabio Bartolini
Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: this'll change everything 14 nov

I think what I need is just faster operations within Cubase, less clicking and all that.
A better workflow, not more functionality.

Just fix the damn temperamental, awkward Mix Console.

Ok, we got it. Stuff posted over and over in many threads across the board.

Is it necessary to derail each and every thread with posts like this when there are FR Threads, Issues Reports Threads where this has been posted hundred times? I guess not, as the people in charge read the Forum and we at Support forward the requests and complaints.

This is exactly the disruptive behaviour you can read of in the Forum Rules.
by Fabio Bartolini
Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: this'll change everything 14 nov

FilmNMusicMan wrote:How about less STUFF more core features and performance improvements for existing products.

Hello,

FilmNMusicMan,

what performance problems do you have?

I offered you direct help in a thread a while back and via e-mail, but never heard back.
The offer is still valid, if you need help.

Regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New project from bounce has only mono channels

Hello TheNavigator,

yes, this is a known issue.

This was already forwarded by the Support Team a while back.
I'm home right now and I don't have access to the report system, but if I remember correctly should be already addressed for a future build.

Thanks!
by Fabio Bartolini
Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How do I switch to Cubase 7 64 bit

Hello,

you need to right click on the Cubase shortcut icon (or under Go -> Applications) and select Get Info.
Then, untick the "Open in 32 bit mode" checkbox.

Cheers,
by Fabio Bartolini
Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase AI 6? Can I get AI 7?

Hello TheNavigator,

the Download Access Code shipping with the CMC series will give you a license for the current AI version.

If you use it now, it will be Cubase AI 7 license.

Cheers,
by Fabio Bartolini
Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: - Cubase 7 with dual Xeons

your enquiry has been forwarded by a distributor, I replied on the 14th. Did you receive the e-mail?
Thank you for the official Steinberg response. ................................................. NOT :roll: !

That really helps ( :roll: ) anyone else who has this question, like me.

That was a direct response to a user who contacted Support and received a reply 3 days before writing "No official Steinberg support in here??".

You can have a reply as well - simply by asking and also if you write without the rolling eyes, you know?
This whining before even asking is getting tiresome.

Cubase supports multiple CPU and multiple cores since generation 5.

Cubase 7 can use more than one multi-core processor and can spread the load across all cores / threads.
However, the outcome of this also depends on how the loaded plug-ins make use of the available resources.
Most can spread over multiple cores as well nowadays.
by Fabio Bartolini
Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.06 and Virus TI crash

Hello,

in my experience, this is not related to 7.0.6 only.
I had cases with the TI crashing on Windows 7 since 7.0.0.

I also had TeamViewer sessions with some users and to me it looked like a Graphic Card related issue. Can't be 100% sure though.

The performance was a little poor on those systems (not depending on the PCs' specs) and the users have often experienced long load times of the Editor and black, blue or white GUI, with no controls shown.

Why some users are seeing this after a Cubase update is hard to tell. It is also hard to tell if it can be another software interacting badly with the GPU.
The amount of cases didn't provide enough info to cross-check common issues, similar components, etc. - but in all cases I verified a DPC issue (the users ran a LatencyMon test) with an nVidia dll and a Kernel NET Framework component called "wdf01000.sys" the latter is becoming more and more common during the last month, so it might be some OS update causing this increase of the reports. Unfortunately, updating the driver and .NET packages didn't work in most cases.

Kind regards
by Fabio Bartolini
Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So 7.5 is here (almost)

For instance, i' ve location-recorded a rock band and i had to rely on reaper due to C7 instability with antelope orion32 (as also stated by antelope support).

Hello edomago,

the problem with the Orion 32 is fixed in 7.5, I've been reporting the incompatibility and followed the evolution of the report. This needed an updated version of a core dll.

QA informed me that they have been able to use the Orion 32 with ASIO4ALL - maybe not ideal, but worth a try.

Kind regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bu please, don' t treat us like dumb sheeps.

Uh? Did I?

I just wanted to let you know the status of the issue.
Suggesting to try the generic driver was just that, a suggestion in case you didn't try or seen the Orion 32 thread... or got in touch with Antelope (IIRC, they suggested this to at least one Cubase user). Can't know in advance what you did try.

I'm also a customer (have been for over 10 years regarding Steinberg and other 40 developers) and use the software myself to mix for clients - I know what the users need and wouldn't dare to be offensive.

Cheers,
by Fabio Bartolini
Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fabio, this looks like hide the hands.... if Cubase 6.5 does not have these problems with all 3rd parts plugs, why Cubase 7 have it? I don't speak about the mixer horrible concept they gave us.... unusable, unreadable.
So we have to test all these plugs for Steinberg?

Nope, sorry. It is the 3rd party developers that need to test their software with Cubase, not the other way around.

We also do not have licenses or know all of the stuff out there. I'm gladly testing the ones I privately own licenses for and download demos of the problematic ones when I receive a report. But it is the plug-in which needs to be tested in Cubase, not the other way around. A host cannot be built around plug-ins.
by Fabio Bartolini
Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Fabio, thx for participating in the forum during your free days! would it be possible for you to confirm the US price for 7.5 and will it be taken off of the C8 upgrade? Thx ... I can't wait for 7.5!

Fixed that for you :lol:

I'm home and frankly, I don't know the US pricing.
In EU it is 49,99€ like C6 -> C6.5, should be the same for the US.
Sorry again for not being precise.
by Fabio Bartolini
Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fabio,

The new features look great, but as one of the many Mac users who also found C7 unusable until 7.0.6 due to performance spikes and mixer issues. I really only care about stability and performance right now.

SO, have any of the mix-console, GUI, and performance under Mavericks been addressed in the 7.5 update??? :?:

I hope to upgrade right away if yes, the only issue is that I think I couldn't professionally use Cubase 7 for almost 8 months after it's release. Sad to say since I'd always had a lot of praise for Steinberg up to that release.

Hello,

I still have to install Mavericks on my Mac at work, as we try to have all of the supported OSs in the office... I'm still on ML. I think I'm going to install it on monday and will let you know.
Unfortunately, this is hugely system dependant, so I would say the best way is to try it out yourself and see how it performes for you.

GUI, performance and workflow are being improved all the time, so it should better for you also. Performance is the top priority and we at support are forwarding all the data and requests we can in order to help Development and QA. It appears that the GPUs are playing the main role with these issues... not an easy task, but the guys are on it.

I hope we can post some more details soon, sorry if this is not a complete answer.

Best,
by Fabio Bartolini
Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks. I realise this is not your job, but since you're the only apparent connection with management, you must realise it's the only option most of us have in making our needs known. It's been many years since someone at the level of Charlie/Lars/Dave/etc. actually engaged with users about needs/wants/desires so all we can do is beg/plead with front-line people.

This is similar to most big, faceless, utilities where the end users are pretty much powerless. I understand the advantages for management (and for -you- to be able to say "I only work here"), but I'm not sure it's the image your company really wants to project.

Best,

---JC

Thank you.

Feel free to ask, if I cannot reply because it is not my duty, I'll ask to the proper people if it is possible to give out the required info. Nothing wrong with asking!
by Fabio Bartolini
Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Humanize track / project

Hello,

a couple things I do in order to make sequenced drums sound a little more human, especially when sent to me by others:

1. Use, like you, the Humanize function (I use SD2, but I guess every drum sampler has this ;) )
2. Randomise the velocity - being into metal, I need quite some slap... so it is usually ranging from 100/110 to 127. I have set up a couple Logical Editor presets for this
3. Use a Transient designer that allows to trigger a random amount of processing (say, ranging from 60% to 100%), in order to have more natural and varying transient envelopes (works great on the snare, but it is useful also with the toms... I use MMultibandTransient for this)

Still, you made some interesting points, thanks!
by Fabio Bartolini
Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No EQ section in Channel Central!!

Hello,

looks like the problem with the skin file some users have experienced.

I'm writing you a PM right now.

Best,
by Fabio Bartolini
Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to buy cubase 5,...But how??

Hello leaocomposer,

the Cubase 7.5 license allows to run previous versions, as some users pointed out already.

If you decide to go the Cubase 7.5 route, either contact support or send me a PM, I'll provide you with the ISO images.

Best regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: c7.5 is absolutely ROCK SOLID

Plasuma, I deleted your posts, evidently posted to disrupt the thread.
You can post your points in a proper thread in the issues forum or in another thread dealing with problems the users are facing. You actually posted the same exact things elsewhere.

Thanks.
by Fabio Bartolini
Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: c7.5 is absolutely ROCK SOLID

Hello,

you can post in the Issues Forum.

If you have any threads that we might have missed, feel free to let me know via PM.

Cheers,
by Fabio Bartolini
Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wrong Update Pack

Hello djreeve,

this can be solved - I found your order and will contact Asknet tomorrow morning when I'm back in the office.

Kind regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Upgrade to Padshop Pro

Hello,

as stated elsewhere in the Forum, the Support Team is doing their best to reply, but it is unfortunately not possible to reply to every enquiry in a timely manner these days. Sorry.

If you own Cubase or Cubase Artist, you can just buy the upgrade to Pro, yes.
As Elektrobolt wrote, you don't need any further installation, as Padshop and Padshop Pro are the same installation, the license unlocks further functionality.

There is no stand-alone version of Padshop.

Kind regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 Bug: VST performance peak?

Hello,

I recently did some extensive tests on performance peaks and eventually reproduced something very similar on my home rig. Tried all kind of audio and video-card drivers combinations as well as disabling / enabling Windows services, the only thing I didn't touch is the BIOS.

The problem was solved reverting back to an older driver for the video-card - I have a Radeon HD 6570 and all 13.x drivers would yield the same result. Driver 12.10 brought performance back to normality, no more spikes.

I have a couple reports that using older drivers also solved the same issue with nVidia cards.

Not saying it will surely help those who posted here, but it is worth trying.

Kind regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 6 licence missing

Cool, thank you for reporting.

If you can PM me the e-mail address you used for the request (or the one in MySteinberg, if you used the Form), I will look after it and close the case, unless you have other unresolved issues.

Thank you.
by Fabio Bartolini
Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EQ and High Cut Resonances

Hi all,

for those interested, I confirm that the filters in the EQ section are 12dB and that the response received and posted by "mbbx5aw2" is correct, except for the difference between the two EQ section filter types.
Please read the details below:

Type II reacts to Q-factor and can be adjusted to a very high resonance, Type I reacts to Gain, with a rather subtle resonance. That is for compatibilty reasons. Type II was introduced with StudioEQ. Type I is the old Channel-EQ.

For small values of resonance they can be set to be (almost) identical, for example:
Type I Highpass: Gain 0 dB, 1 kHz, Q 1
Type II Highpass: Gain 0 dB, 1 kHz, Q 4.1

Hope this helps.
by Fabio Bartolini
Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: elcc Error on VST3 directory

Hello,

the Basic FX Suite license is missing.
I just sent you a PM.

Best regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5 Bug: VST performance peak?

FABIO:

Do you know if Steinberg is trying to implement a "bridge" in ASIO-Guard for audio processing on CUDA enabled graphic cards?

This could explain why graphics performance seems so linked to plugin performance in version 7.

Hello,

no, I'm not aware of CUDA implementations being worked on.

The graphic performance appears to be linked to the latest drivers' implementation, with some of the improvements made for gaming and 3D graphics causing real-time spikes with particular plug-ins.
These plug-ins all share common characteristics - they over-ride the default behaviour of the pointer when hovering on the controls, so it might be related to a particular GUI framework.
I'm no developer, so I forwarded the outcome of my tests to the proper people in-house.

They were actually already on it and the GUI handling is being revised - it is quite unlikely that the drivers will be written the "old way" in the future, so it must adapt to the way drivers are working now and will probably work in the near future.

By the way, during my tests the behaviour of Cubase 7/7.5 and Cubase 6/6.5 was the same concerning this.
But Cubase 6/6.5 only shows the average VST Performance, so the spikes and fluctuations might look like a normal fluctuation due to the load, especially with a lot of plug-in instances or working at low latencies.
When looking at the Cubase 7/7.5 real-time meter, it might trick into thinking that the performance is much different, but the only way to directly compare the two versions is by comparing the average meter only.

Hope this helps.
by Fabio Bartolini
Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wavelab messed up some of Cubase's plugins

Hello diogo_cme,

the path shown in the picture for the WaveLab plug-ins is C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3.
The Plug-in Set file is specific to the WaveLab installation and should be in the WaveLab Program folder, not in common.
This way, Cubase will have access to both the WaveLab plug-in Set and the Cubase plug-ins Set, which could cause problems and is not supported.

Cheers,
by Fabio Bartolini
Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Education 6 can be Upgradet to 7.5

Hello X-quality,

I moved this to the Presales forum.

The sentence you quoted means that there is no "Educational Upgrade / Update" - i.e. Update and Upgrades are only available as regular, non-Edu packages.

You can indeed update your Cubase 6 Educational to 7.5, which (as AP correctly wrote) once updated to the latest version will lose the Edu status and will become a regular, commercial license.

Kind regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Education 6 can be Upgradet to 7.5

Thanks
why did this seller tells me otherwise Ebay 111311032694

in general I have the privilege of price with my 6 edu when buying Cubase 7.5 - Upgrade from Cubase 6 Factory Retail Box
I'll buy it but get back to you in a week and will tell if you were right or not ;)

I don't know why, but I know my daily job also consists of assisting re-sellers who sold the wrong updates, so I'm pretty confident I'm correct ;-)

Best,
by Fabio Bartolini
Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: equalizer in channel settings is gone??

Hello,

I sent you a PM.

Kind regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: re eLicenser messsage

Hello,

this happens when the computer is built upon a pervious image or after an upgrade which changes the system ID (hardware replacement, upgrade from Windows 8 to 8.1, etc.).

The solution to this is here: https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/program-installation-does-not-create-a-soft-elicenser/

The article is about the Soft-eLicenser not created on a system, but forcing the system to create a new Soft-eLicenser works in these cases as well. If the Soft-eLicenser contains licenses, those will need to be reactivated after running the helper tool, as this will erase the Soft-eLicenser as well as the licenses contained.

Regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: re eLicenser messsage

Hello TabSel,

sorry to hear, perhaps your request was sent between the 14th and 19th of Jan (http://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandevents/news/newsdetail/archive/2014/01/20/article/support-e-mail-delivery-issues-2660.html)?

You are of course correct, Windows running "natively" and on VM will have different IDs and thus different Soft-eLicensers. You would need to authorise both installations, which is not allowed with the Soft-eLicenser.

The best way to go would be transferring the license to a USB-eLicenser in this case. I don't know if this is a viable option for you or you had a SeL protected software in order to have a dongle-less setup?

Please, contact me directly if you need any further info.

Cheers,
by Fabio Bartolini
Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dongle Cubase 7

Hello,

this can only be carried on via Support, please fill out a Support Request.

Where are you located, please?

USB-eLicensers can be purchased from any local re-seller or on the Online Shop: http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_pr ... 09050.html

Cheers,
by Fabio Bartolini
Tue May 06, 2014 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5.2 Halionone missing Instruments

Hello MoBuc515,

what Joshua wrote is the status of things. However, if you have many projects using HALionOne and it is too cumbersome to replace the instances with HALion Sonic SE (2), there are a couple ways to work around this.

1. You can install Cubase 5 on the same system - your 7.5 license allows you to install and run it.

2. You can just install HALionOne from the LE 5 ISO image or DVD - again, your 7.5 license allows you to use the VSTi.

In both cases, you will need to follow the instructions provided here in order to have the synth recognise the Presets: https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/installation-of-halion-one-presets-in-cubase-6.html

If you need installers or ISO images, please let us know.

[EDIT: I'm moving this thread to the Miscellaneous sub Forum later on, as this one is for problem reports with reproduction steps, etc. Thank you.]

Best,
by Fabio Bartolini
Wed May 07, 2014 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dongle Durability

Hello Paul,

the third image shows the issue: the Soft-eLicenser is no longer valid.
This happens when installing a new system using an image or when upgrading to Windows 8.1 from 8 (due to the system ID changing).

As you need to force the creation of new Soft-eLicenser, the solution is the same as when the system cannot create a SeL upon installation:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/program-installation-does-not-create-a-soft-elicenser/

If you have any licenses on the Soft-eLicenser, please let me know via PM, we'll sort it out.

kind regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Tue May 13, 2014 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dongle Durability

Hi Fabio,

Yes, I installed ISO Disc Images recently for Cubase. Must have been what the issue was.

Steinberg took remote-access of my PC today and resolved it for me because I wanted to make sure that the problem would definitely get corrected.

Hi Paul,

glad it worked out - thank you for the feedback.

Just to avoid confusion: I was talking about using an image of the OS (a backup), as imaging the computer needs a new Soft-eLicenser number due to a different system ID (but the old SeL is actually retained in the back-up). Using the ISO images to install Cubase is the recommended way to do it.
[Edit: Fixed not really clear statement]

@ curteye: yes, we can access both Windows and Mac machines. But what we can do on the two platforms is pretty different.

Cheers,
by Fabio Bartolini
Wed May 14, 2014 7:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No biggie. But 'elicenser control message' curiosity.

Hello curteye,

I replied to a similar case (but on Win) here: viewtopic.php?f=181&t=58997#p356164

It usually happens when replacing hardware components or imaging the computer using a back-up (aka TimeMachine on the Mac).

Cheers,
by Fabio Bartolini
Fri May 16, 2014 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need a new Soft-eLicense Number?

Hello,

here you find how to force the system to create a new Soft-eLicenser:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/program-installation-does-not-create-a-soft-elicenser/

Once you have a new SeL displayed in the eLicenser Control Center, you will be able to get a new Activation Code:
-- Click Software Reactivation
-- Enter the new SeL number
-- Click on Reactivate
-- Copy the new Activation Code
-- Click on "Enter Activation Code" in the eLCC
-- Paste the code
-- Download the new license

Kind regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Fri May 23, 2014 7:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need a new Soft-eLicense Number?

Hello,

you are welcome!

You can download it from your MySteinberg account.

In the main page (My Products) click on the Downloads tab and click on the version you need.
If you have problems, please PM me.

Best,
by Fabio Bartolini
Fri May 23, 2014 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can you Change the Tuning of Cubase?

That may be, but he's also on a Windows jihad. He doesn't miss a chance to bash the OS he doens't agree with! Just look at his postings for the facts.

Perhaps you consider it helpful to spread lies and misinformation. I don't!

Looks like it is you on a platforms war here. Please, stop this.

It also looks like you are misktaking Steve for someone else, and... Steve is a Mac user, just look at his signature.
by Fabio Bartolini
Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: (OSX) CB 7.5 unexpedendtly quits when removing plug-ins

Hello,

for those wondering, we have an open case for this. I linked this thread as well in my report.

To my knowledge, this has not been reproduced in-house yet, so any information you can send would be useful.
If you can send me Mac Crash Reports, I can add them to the open case, so that the Developers have more data to look into. If you don't know how to send those, please PM me.
by Fabio Bartolini
Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VST-Bridge and Crashed VSTs

Hello,

what happens if you attempt to uninstall the plug-in after booting up your PC?

If you do this before launching Cubase, the VST Bridge won't be loaded - the plug-in's dll should not be "in use", allowing you to uninstall it.

kind regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [R-12606]CB 7.5 unexpedendtly quits when removing plug-i

Just a quick follow-up, as what I posted above is old information.

The issue has been reproduced in-house and a solution has been implemented already.

Kind regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Halion Sonic SE 2 install choice?

Hello,

I would say better to re-install.
When installing, a registry entry is created for the Content, this is used to find the files of course.
If you always enter the same path, all sound files should cleanly reside in the same folder.

For me, that would be F:\Audio Libraries\Steinberg, without entering the "VST Sound" folder in the path, as this would create another sub-folder.

You could also try and move the Content, but we generally do not recommend it.
If you feel like doing it, you might check the registry entry for the Content (HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Steinberg) and move the files which are not there already accordingly.

The entries you have in the Control Panel are HALion Sonic SE program, HALion Sonic SE 64 bit program and the Content respectively. Those can be uninstalled / installed separately.

Lastly, the same entry applies to the other Content as well (REVerence, Groove Agent, etc.), so the best way to have everything in the same folder is to install everything, including Cubase, using one path and making sure to always use that one for the following installations.

Hope this helps, I understand it can be a little tricky.

Cheers,
by Fabio Bartolini
Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soft eLicenser for Cubase 7.5 please!

Hello Martijn,

we do get the point indeed. Thank you for your feedback.

I and other colleagues wrote somewhere else in the Forum that an alternate solution in being researched and actually developed since a while. Does not mean that the dongle will be abondoned for those who prefer it. This is unfortunately a slow process because of license security, customer experience and other factors which Chris described very well in his reply.

Kind regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Project file size... how to keep it down?!

Hello,

a quick follow-up to this thread.

~ what contributes to file size? is it a combination of factors such as track count, VSTi use, etc??

Short answer: everything.

Long answer: sometimes it can be even a project corruption, but it is usually hitpoint detection and time-stretch processes. We also found that this happens more often and in a much more noticeable way in projects where plug-ins that cannot properly handle multi-core support are used.

The Pool also plays a huge role. If you record and delete several takes, the files are not in the project, but their name, path, etc is still reported in the Pool. Most of you know how cleaning the Pool might be risky, if the projects' folders are "shared" between projects.

~ what can be done to keep the file size down, and consequently save times?

Removing automatic hitpoint detection, rendering time-stretched events, cleaning the Pool, consolidating tracks made up of hundreds sliced events, removing unused media (again, safe only if each and every project resides in its own folder). Sometimes backing up the project removing unused media and mimimising the files is the way to go... if the stage of the production allows you to do so.

I dug quite deep into this a while back and remember having other data... but I will need to check my backlog... too much stuff to remember everything :oops:

[EDIT] I forgot to add: long saving times and big project size can be two unrelated problems, so one may experience either or both.

[EDIT 2] I also forgot to add that on a Mac, long saving times might be due to encrypted file system and automatic Time Machine backup. Same on Windows with automatic backup, of course. Some laptops also still have a 5400RPM HD, which does not really help.
by Fabio Bartolini
Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why cant i get an answer from Steinberg?

Rather, i believe, it is about the active help/participation (or lack thereof) by the paid employees in these forums.

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=196&t=57789#p349758
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=196&t=499
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=195&t=56194#p36573753
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=60687
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=196&t=59157#p358060
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=29600&start=100#p363811
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=61892#p371898

But feel free to check out my entire post history ;-)

Regarding the subject of the thread: I'm very sorry, but it is simply not possible for us to state which features are being planned, implemented and so on. The Features Request Forum (the place where to ask for new features, of course) is indeed monitored and often beta testers report to developers directly.
by Fabio Bartolini
Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why cant i get an answer from Steinberg?

This is going well past the topic, but still...

No offence taken and no need to apologise.
I consider feedback from the users to be very important, so keep it up.

As per going the "extra mile", I guess you refer to what I said about duties. If so, in every company there are duties for each employee and department. It is matter of correctness and respect for the other colleagues to stick to mine. Just that. But I like what I do here and take pride in saying that I ran the "extra mile" a few times ;-)

Have a good one yourself!
by Fabio Bartolini
Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dongle Down! Can anyone help?

I have spare dongles, but only one license. If I have a physical failure with the dongle, what's the process of getting my licenses moved over to my spare - is that something that a support person can accomplish for me?

Hello Chris,

in case of broken dongles, we currently ask to have it shipped to HQ or the local distributor.
Support will then send a new permanent code.

Having spare dongles, you can request trial codes as per my post above.

Kind regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dongle Down! Can anyone help?

:lol:

Usually, before a USB-eLicenser stops working, it is sometimes not recognised in the eLCC and acts weird.
In that case, put it in another port (perhaps reboot as well) and the license should be safely transferred.

Of course, if you happen to find your crystal ball... ;-)
by Fabio Bartolini
Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Fabio Bartolini
Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Xphraze on Macos 10.9.3

Hello,

Xphrase is PowerPC code on the Mac, it won't work on any Intel-based Mac running 10.7 or later.

Kind regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Does RME have anything to do with Steinberg interfaces?

Hello,

some older Steinberg interfaces were manufactured by RME, yes. Audiolink 96 and Nuendo 8 I/O (the ADI 8 named by Tom - gosh, that dancing cow :lol:), for example. You can still find some info online, i.e Sound On Sound.

The current line of Steinberg interfaces is manufactured by Yamaha.

Have a good week-end!
by Fabio Bartolini
Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7.5 freezing when opening plugin GUI

Hello GoranGrooves,

I just checked here with 128 instances running (1.4.0 Demo, 512 buffer size, VST Performance around 30%) and was unable to see the behaviour you describe.
Also operating the GUI didn't bring up any heavy spikes. When moving around the GUI, it was not really smooth, this might be due to the plug-in not being updated recently - 1.5.0 is still a beta, are you running this version or 1.4.0?

Did you already attempt to re-install the plug-in? I would also check the system driver's update status and perhaps different GPU driver revisions.
[Edit: corrected typo]

Best,
by Fabio Bartolini
Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update install problem

Hi greggybud,

if you run the uninstall from the Programs and Features in the Windows' Control Panel, it is enough to remove all of the entries. Just make sure you remove all the listed Steinberg software. I would advice to do it after a fresh boot of the computer with nothing running.
There is no need to go into the registry and manually delete the entries.

Then, start the new installation (better doing so after a fresh reboot as well) - it is recommended to use the latest ISO image available on the support website.

I don't remember precisely when choosing the content path was introduced, but it dates back a few versions.
Also, I prefer to do a fresh, complete install with each major version, but that's just me.

That should be enough to ensure a solid install.
by Fabio Bartolini
Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Performing "Repair" from the Programs and Features panel should also work in this scenario.
I would leave re-installing using the 7.5.0 installer as the last resort :-)

Cheers,
by Fabio Bartolini
Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is it possible to predict: "Those Update Problems" (7.5.

Hello Alexis, well, there is a reply to your question, but it is much more complex than running the update and use the repair function in Windows if something goes wrong.

You should cross-check the registry entries for the installed products and verify that they reside in the correct place.

If you didn't move anything and your DAW was shipped pre-build with 7.5.20, I'd say it is safe to assume you won't have any issues with the patch.

[EDIT: by the way, you should not be afraid of the patch - errors are not so common, and it case it happens, the procedure aborts and the current install is left untouched]
by Fabio Bartolini
Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Steinberg Certification Program UK

Hello,

you find information about Education and Certifications on the website:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/education.html

Specifically for the UK: http://www.steinberg.net/en/education/t ... ngdom.html

Kind regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Steinberg Certification Program UK

That's sad to hear Paul, but we know that sometimes e-mails get lost in the cracks... any chance on the phone?

Education is not really my field, but I can ask.

Cheers,
by Fabio Bartolini
Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After chosing the version (32 or 64bit), click on one of the entries on the left - Padshop, for instance, and choose the install path (bottom-right). All the entries except HALion Sonic SE and EuCon will be assigned to the same path.
You can also install HSSE to the same location. To avoid confusion, it would be wise to set up the destination before-hand (e.g. F:\Steinberg\VSTSound) to avoid placement in different paths in case you install other content in the future.
by Fabio Bartolini
Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For whatever stupid reason the 7.5.30 update isn't completely self-contained and apparently needs access to the original 7.5 update installer. In the original place it was installed from. Which of course I've since deleted.

In my case I used SysInternals procmon to watch the 7.5.30 installer and figure out where it was trying to find the 7.5 package, but the daring might also look in their registry for

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products\9DA8E57CF98C5054E578FCCCBE2E48AF\SourceList\Net

and the '1' item will show the path it's looking for Cubase75_64bit.msi in - which I pulled out of the original Cubase_7.5_Update_Installer_win.exe file using 7zip (but you can run the exe and let it extract its self too with a bunch of other junk.)

Totally straightforward! :x

Once the 7.5 package was back in the proper place, the 7.5.30 installer succeeded.

The update is self-contained, the message comes from the .msi package.
Any installed .msi will store a copy of the installer in the Windows folder.
Normally our patcher does not use these cached files.

However, depending on the changes that have been done by previous patches or by the latest patcher (mostly when renaming or deleting files, paths, etc.) the patcher might search for the cached installer. If the Windows Installer cannot find this file it will display the error message.
by Fabio Bartolini
Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I moved Groove Agent samples and Hallion Samples from my C drive to my E drive. I did this because I have 9 gig of Steinberg content (Hallion, Groove Agent, Loop Mash etc) that was taking up precious C drive space when it should be on my E drive...sample drive. Perhaps a .msi file wasn't moved?

Someday I would like to do a fresh Cubase install including Hallion, LoopMash, Groove Agent etc but in the past it seems the installer does not allow me to choose where to place them. It automatically puts everything in your C drive. This would have been appropriate 20 years ago, but these days it would be nice to have a choice.

Hello,

the installers do offer the choice to install the content (I have mine installed on an F: drive, Steinberg software as well as 3rd Party).

To move the content requires creating links to the new location in the existing one (and I wouldn't recommend it), but that won't guarantee that registry issues will not occur. And registry issues will most probably yield a 1603 .msi error code.

The best way to install your content in the E: drive is installing it there during the main installation.
When you install, registry entries pointing to each part of the installation are created, so if you install it in the desired location since the beginning, the registry entries will be correct and any future update will look for the content to be updated in the correct place.

CappacinoKid: Cubase should definitely reside on the C: drive (the application alone is not that big to require installation on a secondary drive), whereas the content can be installed on any drive.

Cheers,
by Fabio Bartolini
Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase Elements 7 crash following Windows Update

Hello,

found the reason for this today after dealing with a couple support cases.

There are two ways to solve this:

1. Disable the Stinberg Hub
-- Open Cubase without launching any project
-- Go to File -> Preferences -> General -> Untick "Use Steinberg Hub"

2. Uninstall the Windows update KB2977629
-- Go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> View Installed Updates
-- Uninstall KB2977629

Warning: This is an Internet Explorer cumulative security update - if you use IE and decide to uninstall the update, you might want to consider using another browser until this is solved.

Our findings have been forwarded to Development to see if something can be done on our side.

This of course affects all versions of Cubase, not only Elements. Thought about posting this now as some might face the issue during the week-end.

Best,
by Fabio Bartolini
Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.30 causes audio stuttering & Avg performance load sp

Ok. I cleaned the thread from off topics and polemics, so that the discussion is clearer and it is easier to read the reports and find a common ground. Now it is unlocked.

This behaviour has not been seen on any machines over here, as well as on most users' machines. So it might be tricky to understand where the conflict is. And I suspect it could be a combination of different factors.

Those who are experiencing the issue, please add a detailed list of the system components and software installed.
Again, an NFO file would be ideal as it holds much information and takes a minute to create and send.

Thank you.
by Fabio Bartolini
Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase 7 crashes while clicking mouse during busy pointe

Hello,

perhaps you might find something interesting and hopefully useful in these related threads:

http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=196&t=54815
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=196&t=53066

The behaviour has been discussed extensively and you can find some suggestions that helped a few users, albeit not all users.

Hope this helps.
by Fabio Bartolini
Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Template Errors

Hello, thanks all for sending the dumps.

felixh, Silver and Hemoglobin, the problem for all of you is the the same: ieframe.dll crashing the Hub and in turn Cubase. I'm quoting my response to a related thread:

There are two ways to solve this:

1. Disable the Stinberg Hub
-- Open Cubase without launching any project
-- Go to File -> Preferences -> General -> Untick "Use Steinberg Hub"

2. Uninstall the Windows update KB2977629
-- Go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> View Installed Updates
-- Uninstall KB2977629

Warning: This is an Internet Explorer cumulative security update - if you use IE and decide to uninstall the update, you might want to consider using another browser until this is solved.

Our findings have been forwarded to Development to see if something can be done on our side.

This of course affects all versions of Cubase, not only Elements.

Best,
by Fabio Bartolini
Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Template Errors

Hello,

I might have an idea why this is happening.
felixh and Silver, please PM me the crash dumps (you will need to pack them in a .zip or .rar archive, .dmp extension is not allowed).

Kind regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: soft e-license is not unique... again

You need to run the Installation Helper, like when there is a missing Soft-eLicenser:

https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support ... enser.html
by Fabio Bartolini
Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Getting in to MySteinberg

Hello,

I replied to your e-mail. Your software is registered there already and the account is active already.
You were using the wrong username.

Please, reply to my e-mail if you have further issues.

Regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubae Elements 7 doesn't work

Hello,

if it crashes right after showing the Steinberg Hub / launching a project, please check this:
https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/windows-cubase-and-nuendo-crash-upon-starting-a-project-template.html

As for the plug-ins, if the are not in ne of the shared folders, you will need to add the path in Cubase Elements 7:
Devices -> PlugIn Information -> VST 2.x Paths. You can refer to the same section in Cubase Elements 6 (if still installed) and enter the same paths.

Of course, the previous version, the plug-ins and Cubase Elemtns 7 have to be installed with the same architecture (32 or 64 bit).

Regards,
by Fabio Bartolini
Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cubase Elements 7.0.7 crash

Could be the same issue discussed here?

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=64230#p383398

Cheers,
by Fabio Bartolini
Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please update the Audio-engine to x64bit double precisio

Lower bit-rates can be indeed audible. Just convert a CD quality file to 8-bit and you'll certainly hear it.
But that is because it falls into the range humans can discern. This won't apply to 32-bit / 64-bit float.
And no trained ears will discern such a dynamic range (edit: on a single track, let alone in a busy mix).

Sampling frequency is a whole different matter. Just use a compressor on a buss and turn on Oversampling, it will sound different (although it will be less or more noticeable with some units than others).
by Fabio Bartolini
Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please update the Audio-engine to x64bit double precisio

Anyway ... from the "official" comments, it sounds like they are already working on it. Time will tell

Hope I didn't give the wrong impression - there is nothing official in what I wrote and I'm sorry if I chased hopes.
I posted only out of personal interest. By "we will eventually get there" I only meant that making the jump might make sense from a coding POW in the future (and that's only my guess, I'm no coder... and couldn't write a single line beyond SQL/PHP/HTML/CSS... perhaps a telephone list in C or Java :lol:).
by Fabio Bartolini
Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have I Missed A Communication From Steinberg

Because we didn't know before. And frankly speaking, until a solution is not tested it is completely useless to communicate.
by Fabio Bartolini
Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic