Search found 3 matches

Return

Re: Instrument Track: playback on more than one MIDI Channel

Am I missing something here? I loaded EastWest Play onto an instrument channel, and in Play I set one instrument patch to MIDI channel 1, a second patch to channel 2. When I change a note's channel in the info line, it still only plays through channel 1, like before. What did they fix?
In the Inspector, set Midi Channel to "Any" ;)
Indeed, this Midi Channel selector is new for Instrument Tracks in 7.5.

Also new: you can now save and recall Multi Track Presets of a Multitimblal Instrument. See Documentation - New Features, page 22.

Cubase 7.5 64 bits | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits | 16 GB RAM | i5 3.3 GHz processor| SSD 256 GB | Steinberg MR816x | Steinberg Midex 8 | Motu Midi Express 128 | much hardware
by Anthonie
Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In 7.5.2 MIDI Device Manager disconnects everytime

Same problem here since 7.5.20, not before. (I'm happy I made a backup of 7.5.10 before updating)

Here's the repro:
Trashed my preferences (Windows 7) in C:/Users/User/AppData/Roaming/Steinberg/Cubase 7.5_64

1. Create empty project
2. In MIDI Device Manager, Install Device, choose a device, set MIDI port output
3. Open Device
4. Enable Write in the device. In the Project Window, a folder called 'MIDI Device Automation' is created with one automation track in it.
5. Closing the project (or removing the automation track in the Project Window), sets the MIDI port of the device to 'Not Connected'. It stays disconnected after re-opening this project or opening another project.
by Anthonie
Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 7.5.20 Impressions...

I'm not happy with the 7.5.20 update, because now all MIDI Devices disconnect everytime closing a project.
(i.e. the output channnels set in the MIDI Device Manager change to 'Not Connected', if there is a MIDI Device automation track in the Project Window.)
Before opening another project, Cubase now has to be closed and started again to reconnect the MIDI Devices.
It happens on both Windows and Mac.
It does not happen in 7.5.10 or before. I'll stay on 7.5.10 until this is fixed.
There is a separate thread in the Issues forum:
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=58219&p=354187#p353849
by Anthonie
Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic